1,431 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

How long did it take for you to get the GC in the mail?

We got ours in 7 days, approved 9/30 and arrived 10/7 but that seems not the normal.

129F 2009-10-20
I-129F NOA1 : 2009-10-26
I-129F RFE(s) : none
RFE Reply(s) :
I-129F NOA2 : 2009-12-29
NVC Received : 2010-01-10
NVC Left : 2010-01-10
Consulate Received : 2010-01-21
Packet 3 Received : 2010-01-21
Packet 3 Sent : 2010-02-06
Packet 4 Received : 2010-02-13
Interview Date : 2010-03-08 Approved
Visa Received : 2010-03-24
US Entry : 2010-04-12

Adjustment of Status CIS Office : Philadelphia PA
Date Filed : 2010-06-18 NOA Date : 2010-06-24
RFE(s) : 2010-07-13 CS forgot to sign form I-693
Reply sent July 23 Biometrics Appt. : 2010-07-08 Walk In Successful
Case Transferred to CSC on August 19, 2010
Advance Parole, August 20, 2010 according to Website
Employment Authorization Card/ Document Production ordered August 19, 2010
Touched again, EAD CARD ordered August 24, 2010
Case now transferred to USCIS office and being processed as of August 26, 2010 (guess this is a touch)
EAD Card Received August 30, 2010
Green Card Received October 7, 2010

Filed I-751 on July 20, 2012 Check for $590 Cashed on or about July 26, 2012
NOA1, July 24, Green Card Extended for 1 year
Biometrics Appointment August 24, 2012 Walk In Biometrics August 13, 2012
10 year green card approved March 21, 2013 (lifting of conditions) Green Card Received March 28, 2013

Naturalization N-400 Filed July 2, 2013 sent to Dallas, Tx

Oath taken Nov. 22, 2013 USA citizen and passport

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

We had our interview yesterday morning. We got there with 20 minutes to spare. Waited in the lobby for about 45 minutes before my name was called. When we got to the IO's office, he swore us in, told us to have a seat. He then asked for IDs, how and where we met, when and where we got married.

He wanted to know if we brought the original marriage certificate, looked it over and compared it with the copy. He then asked for my son's birth certificate and my husband's passport.

He asked my husband where works and he does at work and if we were renting or owned a house. Hubby told him we just bought our first house - the IO asked for the mortgage papers( i wasn't on the mortgage, so i gave him the copy of the deed of trust that has my name on it). Then looked at our wedding photos, kept a few copies. That's it! He didn't even asked for the other co-mingling stuff i prepared. :laugh:

He then verified the info on my AOS application. Asked 2 questions from the "Have you ever"..questionnaire. He then told me everything looks good, asked for my passport and took out my I-94 ( because i don't need it anymore) :) Told me he's approving my application and it will take a month for the card to arrive. Made a copy of our IDs on the way out. And that's it! Took about 10-15 minutes.

Glad this is over for now. Whew!

OMG, it sounds like it went really, really easy for you. B-) Maybe your IO yesterday wasn't in the mood to play Inspector Clouseau. :D Congratulations! :)

IR5 - (Father-In-Law)

Feb. 2018 - Interview - Approved

Feb. 2018 - VISA Received!

May 6, 2018 - Arrived in the  U.S.! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks, Cleo! I just got a text/email notification that my new card was ordered/in production as of 10/12/2010. Yay! :dance:

How long did it take for you to get the GC in the mail?

Twelve days from our interview. yes.gif

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Create a timeline for your AOS, go to your profile and click 'my timeline' to edit it, so you can compare them. Some June Filers have stalled it seems, RFE's can also lengthen the time frame also. I'm in the same boat.

I am in the same boat too. :-( i called to see if i could put in a service request but the recording said we need to wait 180 days from the transfer date! Anybody been able to put in a service request anyway?

Immigration Process

Detailed version on my "About Me" page

01/13/2010: K-1 Interview - VIsa Approved!

05/10/2010: Wedding Day!

01/11/2011: AOS Approved!

05/03/2013: ROC Approved!

08/06/2014: Interview - CITIZENSHIP APPROVED!

08/19/2014: Oath Ceremony

Congrats to all the approvals. I am supposed to be celebrating but cannot yet as i have not gotten my green card. Its been 20 something days (like 23) and no word yet, no touches, no production, no welcome letter :( The IO told us we were approved but then nothing for this long! Am so frustrated knowing i have already booked a flight to go back home in 4 weeks! Has anything like this happened to anybody else? Any idea/clue?? I have read in many posts that its supposed to take upto 30 days which am close.....Say a pray for me anyone:(

Thanks!

AOS Timeline:

June 2nd 2010- Filed for adjustment of status

June 16th 2010- Biometrics letter received scheduled for July 9th.

August 9th 2010- AOS interview letter received. Interview scheduled for September 21st, 2010.

August 14th 2010- EAD arrived finally!!!! Thank you God.

September 21st 2010- GC Interview @ 0100

April 20, 2011- Applied to renew EAD &AP (paper)

May 9, 2011- AP RECEIVED! Talk about fast service!

June 8, 2011- EAD card received!

September 20th, 2011- Home visit by USCIS officers!!!!

November 21st- Fingerprint notice for Dec1st

December 5th- Card Production Ordered email/text

December 7th- Card production ordered again email/text

December 8th- Decision on case status email/text

December 10th -GREEN CARD RECEIVED IN THE MAIL, WHOOP WHOOP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

I woke up before 5 am this morning and started working on updating our AOS June Filers list from when Beth and John did it last August. Thanks again Beth and John for all your hard work on the list!

If I could garner anything from your timelines, about me profile sections & your site content I updated you in the list. If not it shows (no updates) next to your name. I also tried to contact those that should have had some movement in their timeline by now to see if there were any updates with their AOS case status. Hopefully they'll pop in here and update us all. smile.gif

That being said "pretty" timeline.gif for those AOS filers going through the process with us and after us. It's a valuable tool we have on here.

I only had to eliminate one person from the list because they were rejected in June for sending their paperwork to the wrong place and refiled for AOS two months later thus receiving a new NOA1. I also tried to catch any new people who posted in the thread that were not on the list. Please let us know if you would like any updates made to the list.

Sending you all my best wishes for any upcoming interviews and GC processes still hanging. heart.gifrose.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AOS In Progress:

Application Submitted:

Email/text Notification:

NOA1's Received (hard copy)

Biometrics:

• barrakuda - letter 2 July, successfully completed 30 July (no updates)
  • BowieChick - 15 July, scheduled 6 August
  • bullingi23 - 25 June, scheduled 14 July - successful walk-in 7 July
  • hapy wife - letter 23 June, scheduled 17 July (no updates)
  • James & Angie - letter 17 June, scheduled 9 July (no updates)
  • kata&rob - scheduled 2 July (no updates)
  • Matt & Kari - letter 16 June, scheduled 1 July - successfully completed 1 July
  • rionet - letter 24 June, scheduled 13 July - successful walk-in 25 June
  • robleftca - successfully completed 14 July
  • S00820193 - successfully completed 7 September
  • the good knight - letter 12 July, scheduled 2 August (no updates)

Case transferred to California Service Center:

RFE's:

• BowieChick - 27 July (reason - request tax transcript)
  • Nir12 - 22 July (reason - I-864; didn't send any proof of current income, sent paperwork in 6 August, case resumed 9 August)

Advanced Parole (AP) approval:

Employment Authorization (EAD) approval:

Interview Scheduled:

AOS Approved:

Green Card in Hand:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

TO ALL VISA JOURNEY FILERS THAT ARE SELF-EMPLOYED Me and my husband got a hard time on my EAD and got an RFE from the mail.The RFE is teling us to submit a copy of my husband's IRS and have the FORM-I-864,page 8 which includes:Schedule E-pages 1&2,K1,Form5695,Schedules L and M....Well,we are already done having all these troubles,i finally got my EAD and AOS in the mail.Wishing u all the good luck for those whi are still in the process,Godbless.

I-797 mailed: April 20,2009

RFE Received: Sept. 30,2009

NOA Response: Oct. 25,2009

I-797 Notice: Dec. 24,2009

APPROVED

Medical exam: March 16,2010

(SLMC,Manila,Phils.)

Interview : March 30,2010

(US Emabssy,Manila,Phils.)

APPROVED

Visa Issued : April 13,2010

Visa Received: April 19,2010

Left Phils. : May 01,2010

Arrived US : May 01,2010

Married : May 07,2010

I-765(EAD) : June 22,2010

Received : June 29,2010

RFE received : July 21,2010

NOA Response : Aug. 05,2010

Received : Aug. 19,2010

I-765 Notice : Sept. 02,2010

I-485(AOS) : June 06,2010

Noticed : Sept. 29,2010

APPROVE

October 04,2010 Got my GREEN CARD I.D in the mail :)

Timeline

Congrats to all the approvals. I am supposed to be celebrating but cannot yet as i have not gotten my green card. Its been 20 something days (like 23) and no word yet, no touches, no production, no welcome letter :( The IO told us we were approved but then nothing for this long! Am so frustrated knowing i have already booked a flight to go back home in 4 weeks! Has anything like this happened to anybody else? Any idea/clue?? I have read in many posts that its supposed to take upto 30 days which am close.....Say a pray for me anyone:(

Thanks!

PeterandRobin are in a similar ambiguous post interview situation. However, they've received a request for more information since then. If by th 30th day you still have not heard anything you may want to contact either your Congressman or Senator's immigration office to help with your case and get some answers.

TO ALL VISA JOURNEY FILERS THAT ARE SELF-EMPLOYED Me and my husband got a hard time on my EAD and got an RFE from the mail.The RFE is teling us to submit a copy of my husband's IRS and have the FORM-I-864,page 8 which includes:Schedule E-pages 1&2,K1,Form5695,Schedules L and M....Well,we are already done having all these troubles,i finally got my EAD and AOS in the mail.Wishing u all the good luck for those whi are still in the process,Godbless.

Glad to hear back from some of you I sent messages out to today. Before I forget the information let me update the list again for good measure. :D

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

AOS In Progress:

Application Submitted:

Email/text Notification:

Biometrics:

• Matt & Kari - letter 16 June, scheduled 1 July - successfully completed 1 July

RFE's:

• Nir12 - 22 July (reason - I-864; didn't send any proof of current income, sent paperwork in 6 August, case resumed 9 August)

Interview Scheduled:

AOS Approved:

Green Card in Hand:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank you for updating the list, Olivia! I can't imagine the hard work you had to do to get it updated! Thank you, Beth, for all the previous updates as well!

I received my EAD card on Oct. 4th. Next week I will be looking for a temporary job until it's time to fly to Egypt in January 2011. Wish me luck! :)

We'll also be heading the SS office sometime next as well to fix my SSN problem since I have my EAD card now.. Hopefully I will get my SSN card ASAP so I can be added to my husband's bank account and we'll be able to collect more proof for our AOS interview in 16 days! I am so excited! :)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Timeline

Thank you for updating the list, Olivia! I can't imagine the hard work you had to do to get it updated! Thank you, Beth, for all the previous updates as well!

I received my EAD card on Oct. 4th. Next week I will be looking for a temporary job until it's time to fly to Egypt in January 2011. Wish me luck! :)

We'll also be heading the SS office sometime next as well to fix my SSN problem since I have my EAD card now.. Hopefully I will get my SSN card ASAP so I can be added to my husband's bank account and we'll be able to collect more proof for our AOS interview in 16 days! I am so excited! :)

Awe thanks Aya! luv.gif One more second and I could have updated your information as well. I guess I should wait a little bit? :unsure: Congrats on receiving the EAD! You should have no problem finding seasonal work right now as the holiday season just started and the department stores are always looking this time of year for temporary employees. You should also have your SS card within 2 weeks from the date of your application now that everything is in order. I know the mess you've been through with that.

AOS In Progress:

Application Submitted:

Email/text Notification:

Biometrics:

RFE's:

Interview Scheduled:

AOS Approved:

Green Card in Hand:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

thank you cleocatra for all your hard work i know that must have taken some time :D

I-797 mailed: April 20,2009

RFE Received: Sept. 30,2009

NOA Response: Oct. 25,2009

I-797 Notice: Dec. 24,2009

APPROVED

Medical exam: March 16,2010

(SLMC,Manila,Phils.)

Interview : March 30,2010

(US Emabssy,Manila,Phils.)

APPROVED

Visa Issued : April 13,2010

Visa Received: April 19,2010

Left Phils. : May 01,2010

Arrived US : May 01,2010

Married : May 07,2010

I-765(EAD) : June 22,2010

RFE received : July 21,2010

NOA Response : Aug. 05,2010

Received : Aug. 19,2010

I-765 Notice : Sept. 02,2010

I-485(AOS) : June 06,2010

Noticed : Sept. 29,2010

APPROVE

October 04,2010 Got my GREEN CARD I.D in the mail :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Thanks!

Hi,

I am in a almost similar situation. I went for my interview on Sept 17th at the Dallas office. The interview took about 5 min and everything seemed to go well. The IO officer took my I-94 and said my case needed further review. I have not heard anything back and my online status is still showing "Initial Review" . I called the USCIS 800 # and they said they are now processing files from back in April ( as of yesterday ) .. I guess it's just a waiting game.

OMG, it sounds like it went really, really easy for you. B-) Maybe your IO yesterday wasn't in the mood to play Inspector Clouseau. :D Congratulations! :)

Thank you!

Yes, i think it did. :) My husband said it took less than 10 minutes. LOL at Inspector Clouseau - i'm guessing he was behind schedule.

Good luck on your upcoming interview!

-----------------

We got ours in 7 days, approved 9/30 and arrived 10/7 but that seems not the normal.

Thank you, kabhatti. Wow, that was fast!

Edited by finallyfree

Twelve days from our interview. yes.gif

Thanks!

Also, a big thank you for the updates! :)

I am in the same boat too. :-( i called to see if i could put in a service request but the recording said we need to wait 180 days from the transfer date! Anybody been able to put in a service request anyway?

I hope you hear good news, soon!

Thanks!

I hope you get it soon!

Edited by finallyfree

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.