1,431 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Just for everyone's tracking info, website now indicates that "On October 6, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS" and the tab is now on Post Decision.

129F 2009-10-20
I-129F NOA1 : 2009-10-26
I-129F RFE(s) : none
RFE Reply(s) :
I-129F NOA2 : 2009-12-29
NVC Received : 2010-01-10
NVC Left : 2010-01-10
Consulate Received : 2010-01-21
Packet 3 Received : 2010-01-21
Packet 3 Sent : 2010-02-06
Packet 4 Received : 2010-02-13
Interview Date : 2010-03-08 Approved
Visa Received : 2010-03-24
US Entry : 2010-04-12

Adjustment of Status CIS Office : Philadelphia PA
Date Filed : 2010-06-18 NOA Date : 2010-06-24
RFE(s) : 2010-07-13 CS forgot to sign form I-693
Reply sent July 23 Biometrics Appt. : 2010-07-08 Walk In Successful
Case Transferred to CSC on August 19, 2010
Advance Parole, August 20, 2010 according to Website
Employment Authorization Card/ Document Production ordered August 19, 2010
Touched again, EAD CARD ordered August 24, 2010
Case now transferred to USCIS office and being processed as of August 26, 2010 (guess this is a touch)
EAD Card Received August 30, 2010
Green Card Received October 7, 2010

Filed I-751 on July 20, 2012 Check for $590 Cashed on or about July 26, 2012
NOA1, July 24, Green Card Extended for 1 year
Biometrics Appointment August 24, 2012 Walk In Biometrics August 13, 2012
10 year green card approved March 21, 2013 (lifting of conditions) Green Card Received March 28, 2013

Naturalization N-400 Filed July 2, 2013 sent to Dallas, Tx

Oath taken Nov. 22, 2013 USA citizen and passport

Timeline

Boy! The website is really inaccurate, we have our green card in hand today.

129F 2009-10-20
RFE Reply(s) :

Case now transferred to USCIS office and being processed as of August 26, 2010 (guess this is a touch)

10 year green card approved March 21, 2013 (lifting of conditions) Green Card Received March 28, 2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Two AP documents arrived in the same envelope yesterday in the mail! Did everyone receive two of them as well?

I, also, have a question for those who received their GC's.. Is your picture on your GC one of the passport pictures you submitted with the initial application, or the picture that was taken in your biometrics appointment, or did they take your picture on your interview date (if you had one)?

Congrats! The picture on our cards were the pictures from the biometrics appointment and not the pictures that were submitted with the packages.

Awesome news guys, congrats! Sorry kabhatti, i have no idea what that means! I hope you get it soon

Green Card in hand yesterday... wheeeeeeeeeeew! We're finally done for now!

Congrats! kicking.gif

Could someone please tell me about how long it takes to get the green card after AOS interview? I had my interview on September 21st and was approved but have not received neither the welcome letter or grren card. I know its been only like 13 days but i thought it took around 2 weeks??? Thanks!

It took a little longer than that for us. I think it depends on what type of green card, case by case basis, and the processing at the local and national offices.

I got a response from the Congressman's office today. For some reason my Biometrics info got sent to CSC so that they could continue processing my AOS, but for some reason it never got sent to the Missouri office (where they process EAD)...UGH. They are looking into why it wasn't forwarded, so hopefully I should hear something tomorrow.

:(

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Well, we did hear something from uscis today after our interview on 8/20, unfortunately it was an RFE in the mail.

They are asking for proof of relationship in the form of documentary evidence of cohabitation, at the interview we gave the IO copies of our joint lease, medical insurance, car insurance, letter from the bank, utility bills in joint names and a letter from the music director at the church where we play bells. What else can we supply them??

Also, they are asking for an IRS tax transcript since the time we were married, how can we provide this as we have only been married since April and there have been no tax returns since then?

Confused and a little worried here!!!

That's really odd. Write a letter explaining that tax transcript thing just as you have here. Then also resubmit all the documentation you originally submitted with a letter explaining that as well. Also I would include like others have suggested that you get letters of support from family and friends discussing how they know about the nature of your relationship, that you live together, how it evolved. Submit any letters or cards addressed to you both, wedding pictures with friends and family and any events you were invited to as a couple and went to with friends and family. They want at least 3 letters from friends and family notarized with their addresses and phone numbers on there. We submitted five letters like this.

Young Love,

I have not received any emails yet :( Its on initial review dot on the online case. It sucks that its taking so long. I just hope everything is fine. Young Love what state are you in? I was hoping i would get the GC quickly as am located in Missouri and one of the major immigration offices are in Missouri! Apparently not...

Thanks for the info.

Have you contacted your Congressman's Immigration department for help with your case yet?

I think affidavits are going to be needed from neighbours, employers and anyone you know who can sign their name to a statement saying you live at the same address for so much amount of time. That's what I can think of, hopefully other June filers will post in here about that, as for the IRS one that has to be an error....

I agree with this.

It is official we got wife's welcome letter today. No mention of ADIT processing. Green card should be here within 3 weeks according to letter

Congrats! It shouldn't be long now. Maybe a few days!

My EAD has FINALLY been approved....4+ months from when I submitted my AOS package. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get my card, but with my luck....it will get lost in the mail....lol

Touch wood! :D Congrats btw! good.gif

Congrats bhatti. My GCcase since tranfering to CSC has not been touched since 7/21/10

I agree with kbhatti you might want to contact your congressman's immigration department to help with this.

Mine hasn't been touched since 9th Sept, so a month since, sure hope that it's not far away as I don't want to have to use my AP if I can help it, to make sure CBP lets me back in.

If it comes down to it you're going to be ok traveling on your AP.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

I'm in the same boat as you. :( it seems like there are a bunch of us that got transferred in the early part of july (possibly late june as well) that are stuck in some sort of abyss. :blink:

I've been reading in earlier AOS threads such as the Feb filers one that this is a trend with the K1's transfered to CSC. It seems like you said there is a group of them that were transfered and their cases are waiting for processing. Slowly but surely their cases are being processed, without interviews the majority of the time, and the 2 year GC in hand.

Some are still waiting since Feb though.

Just for everyone's tracking info, website now indicates that "On October 6, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS" and the tab is now on Post Decision.

That means the GC was mailed out!

Boy! The website is really inaccurate, we have our green card in hand today.

:lol: Nealy the same thing happened with a few others. The processing center must be right around the corner from your house. Congrats! kicking.gif

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Everyone - Congrats on all the green cards!

Had our interview yesterday in Chula Vista, CA. Weird interview. Sounded like he had never reviewed our file until we were in front of him. The man's office was covered in piles of files, said they were doing a file audit and no filers could be moved until it was done... Not a happy thought that ours would be added to the stack.

We adjusted from a B2 so I thought they would question, intent, validity of marriage, etc... He never asked us a single personal question. Did not want to look at our picures. Found an error on the form for my husbands divorce date. The divorce decree wrote out the thirtieth of May 1999 and my husband read it as the 13 and that is the date he told me to put in the form. He corrected that.

Then he just wanted to see co-mingling financial documents. Since my husband just got his social security card, I told him the truth that we couldn't open a joint bank acount until last week, which we did. Had copies of the checks since we didn't have anything fromt he bank mailed yet. Also, I own three homes and receive so many bills, that I have all my bills sent to my office so I can deal with them there and most are automatically deducted out of my bank account so he was not happy that my husband was not on any of the utility bills.

He was really not happy that my driver's license has my office address on it and does not match the home my husband and I live in. I explained, that since I had the three houses, for tax and financial reasons, I would live in one and remodel and then move into another and rent the last one out. Changing my address all the time was a pain, so I just have everything done out of my office address which again, is the truth. I told him to look on my tax return and see that it too, is sent to my office and that it lists my primary home as the one I now share with my husband.

THe proof he asked for and I gave him was: the new bank account, copies of our checks, copies of my husband's AMEX card that I had him added to my business account, his new costco card on my account, The copy of the social security envelope addressed to our house and copy of a wedding gift card addressed to both of us at the house and one wedding picture with my entire family in it.

He then said that he was going to recommend our approval, but that a supervisor would have to review the file as well. So not sure if we are approved or not. The interviewer was also having a very hard time breathing during the interview.

So if you have not had your interview yet, make sure you have all the financial stuff you can. I thought they would ask questions like where did you meet, how, etc.... Nothing, nada.... all he wanted was proof that we shared finances.

FYI, Regarding EAD and AP, others have said they were asked to turn those in. He did not ask for ours. I told the interviewer we were going to Mexico in two weeks and he said to just use the AP document we already have. He did not ask to see it, or the AP.

Good luck everyone! Most of us are almost through! Yeah!

07/04/08 Met each other at a friends party & began dating

12/05/09 trip to Australia

01/29/10 Last entry on B2 - I-94 into US

05/15/10 Get married - wohooo

06/28/10 Submit package via Fed-Ex to Chicago Lockbox includingI-130,I-485 (w/I 683 & I 864) I-131, I-765 & F-1145

06/30/10 Package signed for at 11:58am

07/07/10 Received 7 texts & emails for NOAs

07/08/10 Check cashed for I-485

07/09/10 Check cashed for I-130

07/12/10 Received hardcopy NOA's for I-130, I-485, I-131 & I-765

07/23/10 Touched I-130, I-131, I-765

07/30/10 Visit Congressman's office to ask for help expedating EAD

08/10/10 Service Request through uscis for biometrics sent (told to wait 30 days)

08/14/10 Received Biometrics Appt for Sept 7

08/17/10 Failed walk-in Biometrics at Chula Vista. Very busy, advised to try San Marcos office

08/17/10 Successful walk-in Biometrics at San Marcos Office

08/17/10 First touch ever on I-485 and EAD touched

08/24/10 Touched and e-mail EAD and AP approved

08/31/10 AP arrived

09/03/10 EAD and Interview letter (10/09) arrived

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Had our interview yesterday in Chula Vista, CA. Weird interview. Sounded like he had never reviewed our file until we were in front of him. The man's office was covered in piles of files, said they were doing a file audit and no filers could be moved until it was done... Not a happy thought that ours would be added to the stack.

We adjusted from a B2 so I thought they would question, intent, validity of marriage, etc... He never asked us a single personal question. Did not want to look at our picures. Found an error on the form for my husbands divorce date. The divorce decree wrote out the thirtieth of May 1999 and my husband read it as the 13 and that is the date he told me to put in the form. He corrected that.

Then he just wanted to see co-mingling financial documents. Since my husband just got his social security card, I told him the truth that we couldn't open a joint bank acount until last week, which we did. Had copies of the checks since we didn't have anything fromt he bank mailed yet. Also, I own three homes and receive so many bills, that I have all my bills sent to my office so I can deal with them there and most are automatically deducted out of my bank account so he was not happy that my husband was not on any of the utility bills.

He was really not happy that my driver's license has my office address on it and does not match the home my husband and I live in. I explained, that since I had the three houses, for tax and financial reasons, I would live in one and remodel and then move into another and rent the last one out. Changing my address all the time was a pain, so I just have everything done out of my office address which again, is the truth. I told him to look on my tax return and see that it too, is sent to my office and that it lists my primary home as the one I now share with my husband.

THe proof he asked for and I gave him was: the new bank account, copies of our checks, copies of my husband's AMEX card that I had him added to my business account, his new costco card on my account, The copy of the social security envelope addressed to our house and copy of a wedding gift card addressed to both of us at the house and one wedding picture with my entire family in it.

He then said that he was going to recommend our approval, but that a supervisor would have to review the file as well. So not sure if we are approved or not. The interviewer was also having a very hard time breathing during the interview.

So if you have not had your interview yet, make sure you have all the financial stuff you can. I thought they would ask questions like where did you meet, how, etc.... Nothing, nada.... all he wanted was proof that we shared finances.

FYI, Regarding EAD and AP, others have said they were asked to turn those in. He did not ask for ours. I told the interviewer we were going to Mexico in two weeks and he said to just use the AP document we already have. He did not ask to see it, or the AP.

Congratulations on completing your interview. :thumbs: I have a feeling they will approve you, I havent seen anyone on VJ turned down yet. The worst I have seen is they just ask for more documentation. As far as the evidence of shared finances, it is a hassle getting that stuff together. I didnt do any of that at first because I was betting that my wife's application would be transferred to CSC. Then when I found out we were going to have to do an interview, I have been trying to get her added to our apt lease, bank acct, credit cards, utilities, etc and then make sure I will get all the statements b4 the interview. It's kind of a catch 22 situation because we have to show that our financial lives are combined, but she cant have a financial life until she can start driving and working, which she hasnt been able to do because she only got her EAD a week ago. Oh well, from the interview review's that I have been reading the interview seems like a formality anyway. Afterall, if they are not going to bother deporting Meg Whitman's former housekeeper after she admittedly came here illegally and falsified documents for over 7 years, how could they turn down people like us who have at least gone thru the effort to jump thru all the bureaucratic hoops that they lay out for us. :) Btw, there is a person in the August Filers thread who is also in chula vista and I remember you writing that you had your biometrics done in San Marcos, so I told him to go there as soon as he gets his letter. Because the chula vista office is backed up he had to go to his congressmans office and show that he had a job offer to get them to schedule a biometrics appt. Anyway, congrats again. :)

IR5 - (Father-In-Law)

Feb. 2018 - Interview - Approved

Feb. 2018 - VISA Received!

May 6, 2018 - Arrived in the  U.S.! 

Timeline

Congrats! Thanks for sharing your interview experience! They didn't ask for our EAD card either in the interview. Since we were a K3 visa and it's multi-entry we didn't have to apply for AP so no worries there either.

I look forward to seeing your GC in hand update! :D

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

As we got wife's green card on Thursday, we decided to give it a use and go to Canada for the long weekend, on the way back, I told the officer how the green card is brand new, as he swiped it into his system, with a dead serious look, said "it's coming up as a stolen card" (I knew for a fact he was kidding, but wife was freaking out and didn't appreciate his humor) LOL, he was cool and said, just kidding and have a safe trip.

129F 2009-10-20
RFE Reply(s) :

We had our interview yesterday morning. We got there with 20 minutes to spare. Waited in the lobby for about 45 minutes before my name was called. When we got to the IO's office, he swore us in, told us to have a seat. He then asked for IDs, how and where we met, when and where we got married.

He wanted to know if we brought the original marriage certificate, looked it over and compared it with the copy. He then asked for my son's birth certificate and my husband's passport.

He asked my husband where works and he does at work and if we were renting or owned a house. Hubby told him we just bought our first house - the IO asked for the mortgage papers( i wasn't on the mortgage, so i gave him the copy of the deed of trust that has my name on it). Then looked at our wedding photos, kept a few copies. That's it! He didn't even asked for the other co-mingling stuff i prepared. :laugh:

He then verified the info on my AOS application. Asked 2 questions from the "Have you ever"..questionnaire. He then told me everything looks good, asked for my passport and took out my I-94 ( because i don't need it anymore) :) Told me he's approving my application and it will take a month for the card to arrive. Made a copy of our IDs on the way out. And that's it! Took about 10-15 minutes.

Glad this is over for now. Whew!

Edited by finallyfree

Timeline

As we got wife's green card on Thursday, we decided to give it a use and go to Canada for the long weekend, on the way back, I told the officer how the green card is brand new, as he swiped it into his system, with a dead serious look, said "it's coming up as a stolen card" (I knew for a fact he was kidding, but wife was freaking out and didn't appreciate his humor) LOL, he was cool and said, just kidding and have a safe trip.

:lol: Thanks for sharing that story. I needed a good laugh. good.gif

We had our interview yesterday morning. We got there with 20 minutes to spare. Waited in the lobby for about 45 minutes before my name was called. When we got to the IO's office, he swore us in, told us to have a seat. He then asked for IDs, how and where we met, when and where we got married.

He wanted to know if we brought the original marriage certificate, looked it over and compared it with the copy. He then asked for my son's birth certificate and my husband's passport.

He asked my husband where works and he does at work and if we were renting or owned a house. Hubby told him we just bought our first house - the IO asked for the mortgage papers( i wasn't on the mortgage, so i gave him the copy of the deed of trust that has my name on it). Then looked at our wedding photos, kept a few copies. That's it! He didn't even asked for the other co-mingling stuff i prepared. :laugh:

He then verified the info on my AOS application. Asked 2 questions from the "Have you ever"..questionnaire. He then told me everything looks good, asked for my passport and took out my I-94 ( because i don't need it anymore) :) Told me he's approving my application and it will take a month for the card to arrive. Made a copy of our IDs on the way out. And that's it! Took about 10-15 minutes.

Congrats! I'm so happy for you! kicking.gif

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Congrats! I'm so happy for you! kicking.gif

Thanks, Cleo! I just got a text/email notification that my new card was ordered/in production as of 10/12/2010. Yay! :dance:

How long did it take for you to get the GC in the mail?

LOL - i really need to proof-read my posts before hitting "add reply". :bonk::lol:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Okay everyone, I reached my frustration point. I think we should march on the CSC....WHO'S WITH ME ?

Create a timeline for your AOS, go to your profile and click 'my timeline' to edit it, so you can compare them. Some June Filers have stalled it seems, RFE's can also lengthen the time frame also. I'm in the same boat.

Adjustment of Status from K-1 visa.

CIS Office: Charleston WV

Date Filed: 2010-06-08

NOA Date: 2010-06-14

RFE(s): 2010-07-26

Bio. Appt: 2010-07-01

AOS Transfer 2010-08-26 CSC

AP and EAD approved 01 September 2010

Service Request issued: March 17, 2011

Green Card Approval: March 29, 2011

Green Card in Hand: April 4, 2011

Permanent Resident since March 23, 2011

Full time State employee (VA)

ROC Window opens: December 23, 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.