1,431 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

congratulations to everyone for their approvals!

is there anyone left like me, who hasn't received any approvals yet for even EAD or AP? :unsure:

I am right there with you!

12-28-09 Sent I-29F
12-29-09 VSC received I-29F
01-06-10 NOA1 hardcopy received
03-16-10 NOA2 email
05-18-10 Interview-Approved!
05-20-10 K-1 Visa received-entered US
06-04-10-Married

Adjustment of Status
06-17-10 Sent AOS & EAD
06-18-10 AOS & EAD received at Chicago lockbox
06-23-10 NOA Email & Text received
06-24-10 Check cashed
06-26-10 NOA Hardcopies received
06-28-10 Touched
07-06-10 Biometrics letter-appointment 7-26-10
07-07-10 Walk-in Biometrics successful
07-16-10 EAD Touch, AOS RFE sent ) :
07-19-10 RFE letter received for tax transcript /AOS & EAD touch
07-22-10 text RFE received
07-23-10 AOS touch
08-05-10 AOS transferred to CSC
08-06-10 AOS touch
08-07-10 AOS & EAD touch
08-12-10 case resumed at CSC
08-19-10 EAD card production ordered
08-20-10 text EAD approved-EAD touch
08-23-10 AOS touch
08-24-10 AOS touch
08-25-10 2nd notice EAD card ordered
08-28-10 EAD card received
09-21-10 GC Production ordered
09-27-10 GC and Welcome letter received

N400

1-6-2016-sent N400 express 1 day mail

1-7-2016- received at Texas lockbox and signed by K Coltrin

1-12-2016-check cashed

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline

We had our interview at San Francisco around 125PM. We got to the place at 1245pm, looking for parking and left our cell inside the car. But we were surprise that you can bring your cell, but you have to turn off.

The place looks like empty. Officer Lee, a Chinese mid 50's, greeted us was we walk in to his office. He was such a great guy!! We told him how nervous we are, and he told not to since he wouldn't bite us. He asked how we met and when. We even told him our stories, where and when we met, proposed and engaged. Officer Lee asked for some pictures. We showed him our album and he asked for three pictures with three events. We gave him our wedding pic, friends visiting us, and other pics. He asked for rental/lease agreement which we dont since I own a place. So he asked for bank join account, health insurance with my fiancee's name, life/auto insurance, and even our joint phone bill. He got all the originals. We asked if he wants photocopies, and he told us that originals are fine with him and we could download originals later if we want (kinda weird). Finally, office asked if my fiancee is working. He asked also if my fiancee has SSN, and we showed to him.

Finally, he said that AOS interview is approved and handed us the letter.

When we got to my car, I had a blocked message from Officer Lee, that he doesnt have the medical result. So he has to mail the notice of action. He mentioned that it is nothing serious. So we decided to go back the bldg, which is good thing that we have the copy of our appt letter and medical from the Philippines. We went to the receptionist, told that we're back since Officer Lee needs our medical. The receptionist told us that Officer Lee might be having another interview and busy but not until we saw Officer Lee went out to call a couple, and waived our hands to him. Officer Lee let us walk in his room, and there we saw a sealed enveloped about to mail to us. Officer Lee opened the letter, handed to us and explained that most of the time, immigration from the POE SFO, forgot to route and include the medical result to our KI Visa approval package. Office Lee mentioned that it is not our fault, but we have to complete our medical again, which include TB test and syphyllis test. So we have to go USCIS medical/civil surgeon and pay again.

Really, Officer Lee was really such a great guy. Our interview went well, calm and pleasant except for the screwed medical result done in POE SFO. But well, we have to do this anytime soon.

Thanks for everyone, and for the next year we have to move to lift green card condition forum. Good luck to everyone. Cheers!!

THis is such great news! Congratulations!

Interview Report

Scheduled on August 16, 2010 @11am at Los Angeles Office

We parked our car 9:45am at a parking lot in front of the Immigration Building.

We had a Yogurt in the market area and head to the building at 10:15am; we waited about 25 minutes in the line for security.

We got to our room and there were about 50 couples/families.

We left our cellphones in the car but there were many people with their cellphones in the waiting area of AOS.... :wow:

We were talking and looking at our pictures (brought 6 albums lol) while we waited.

Guess how long our waiting was??????? 3hours!!!!!! ---> we were getting so hungry :crying:

Guess how long our interview was??????? 10 minutes!!!!

The officer, David, mid-30ish, very friendly cool guy greeted us at the door to go in the interview room.

We were sworn first and sat down in a small office with many papers all over his desk..

He asked us questions about how/when/where we met, asked my husband when he decided to pop the question, our first date and looked at a couple of albums we brought.

Then asked our address, other evidence of cohabitation like apartment lease and utility bills. We actually moved while in the process so our home address was changed, but he didn't seem to care about it that much.

He also asked who is sponsoring and my husband's occupation.

After all the question, he asked me to show him my passport and he canceled all the old visas I previously hold (F1 and H1b)....

Then, he congratulated me and my husband for the approval of green card :energy:

He told us that I should receive green card in 4-6weeks in a mail; but when we told that we have a planned trip to Mexico City in mid September, he pretty much told us that we should get the card in mail sometimes next week :dancing:

Although we were so hungry, we were the happiest couple in the whole world at the moment!!!!

Good luck with all the upcoming interviews and congrats on EAD&AP approvals!!!

YAY!!!! Congratulations you guys. It gives me some insight on what to expect in the LA office for my interview next Tuesday. The butterflies are starting to form :unsure:

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 6/16

NOA Date : 6/21 (Day 1)

Received Appt letter- 06/28 (Day 7)

Bio. Appt. : 07/22 (for Day 31)

Walk-in Bio Attempt- 07/02 (SUCCESS!!!!) Saved 20 days of waiting :) (Day 11)

TOUCH- 07/06 (Day 15)

Case Status Finally shows up on line- 07/06 (Day 15)

I-485 TOUCH- 07/08 (Day 17)

I-485, 1-130 TOUCH- 07/13 (Day 22)

NOA for Interview- 7/22 (Day 31)

Interview Date : Interview in Los Angeles!!! 8/24 (for Day 64)

I-485, I-130 Touch: 08/07 (Day 47...possibly to update my new last name)

Approval / Denial Date : Approved. 8/24 (DAY 64-WOW!)

Approved : Yes! Yes! Yes!

Got I551 Stamp : No

Greencard Received: expecting to receive by end of first week in September

Comments :

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

THis is such great news! Congratulations!

YAY!!!! Congratulations you guys. It gives me some insight on what to expect in the LA office for my interview next Tuesday. The butterflies are starting to form :unsure:

I was getting nervous during the weekend and my husband was laughing and telling me it'll be so easy and smooth...And he was right!!

Don't worry you'll be out of the office and be happy before you know it :)

Just eat something for breakfast if your interview in the late morning :lol:

I just received E-notification about Card Production.

I like that they are working on my case already :thumbs:

05/24/10 Mailed I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131

06/02/10 NOA issued for I-485, I-765, I-131 (Day 1)

06/03/10 Check Cashed (Day 2)

06/04/10 Received NOA for I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 (Day 3)

06/10/10 Biometrics Appointment for 6/25 (Day 9)

06/25/10 Biometrics Done for I-485 & I-765 as Scheduled (Day 24)

07/15/10 Interview request for August 16th (Day 44)

08/03/10 E-notification: EAD Card production & Touched AP (Day 63)

08/06/10 2nd Notification: EAD Card production (Day 66)

08/09/10 Received AP!!! (Day 69)

08/13/10 Received EAD (Day 73)

08/16/10 Interview Appointment (Day 76) -----> APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay :)

08/17/10 E-notification: Card production for Green Card (Day 77)

08/20/10 2nd E-notification: Card production for Green Card (Day 80)

08/23/10 Welcome letter received-Issued on 8/17/10 (Day 83)

08/26/10 E-notification: Post Decision Activity (Day 86)

08/27/10 GREEN CARD IN HAND!!!!!!! (Day 87)

ROC

05/19/12 ROC Window Opens

05/22/12 Mailed I-751

05/23/12 NOA Issued (Mail received per USPS tracking)

06/06/12 Check Cashed

06/07/12 Received NOA

12/10/12 Approved!!! (letter received on 12/12/12, waiting for the card)

12/17/12 10 Year GREEN CARD IN HAND!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

is there anyone left like me, who hasn't received any approvals yet for even EAD or AP? :unsure:

I just came across this thread today, but I sent my AOS package in late May. It was logged June 1st and I am still waiting for my biometrics appointment letter. I have called USCIS and logged a service request, but still haven't heard anything back. It is getting very frustrating. I recieved my AP on Saturday, but I can't plan a trip home until I know when my biometrics appt will be!!!! I am also expecting, so my window of being able to fly home is closing quickly, and I won't be able to go home for awhile after the baby is born. It is really starting to stress me out!!

John received his AP on Friday AND his EAD card yesterday. He is off for an interview today, has another tomorrow, and then a seminar for hockey reffing on Sunday 8/29. Yay! :dance:

Congrats to everyone getting all their "stuff" and to those of you guys are still waiting ... HURRY UP USCIS! These guys deserve their cases to be worked on too!!! :yes:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Beth & John
~K-1 Visa Process~
NOA1: October 29, 2009
NOA2: January 21, 2010
Interview Date: April 12, 2010 - APPROVED!
Visa Received: April 26, 2010
POE: May 11, 2010
Wedding: May 21, 2010

~AOS/EAD/AP~
Sent: June 8, 2010
Received at Chicago Lockbox: June 10, 2010
Email/text notification of NOA1: June 16, 2010
Check cashed: June 17, 2010
Case shows up on USCIS website: June 18, 2010
Hard copies of NOA1's arrive: June 18, 2010
Touch on all 3 cases: June 21, 2010
Biometrics letter: Received June 24, 2010, scheduled for July 15, successful walk-in June 30th!
Touch on AOS/EAD cases: July 1, 2010
EAD and AP approval: August 6, 2010
EAD Card Production: August 9, 2010
AP received: August 13, 2010
EAD Card received: August 16, 2010
AOS Interview: August 23, 2010 APPROVED!

~ROC~
Sent: August 7, 2012
Check cashed: August 14, 2012
NOA1: August 10, 2012
Biometrics: September 13, 2012
RFE: April 1, 2013; response mailed April 2, 2013
Approved: April 22, 2013

Green Card Production ordered: June 12, 2013 (email received)

Green Card Received: June 17, 2013

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Congrats to those who passed the interview, recieved AP & EAD's. Things are moving along. Just a note to those still waiting for biometrics. My husband received his right after I put in a service request for him (they bought that I was his translater, Australian to English :star: .

He received the letter 3 days later. It was scheduled for 9/7 in the Chula Vista Office south of San Diego, a couple of miles from the boarder. We went there today to try for a walk-in. The guard was very nice, but it was obvious the office was overflowing already. I asked if there was a better time to come back and he said no, they are overbooked everyday now. Then I asked if there was another office we could try. He said if we were willing to drive up to San Marcos, that office was slow and would probably take us. Since it was going to be about an hour north of where we were, he called them and they said, sure, come on up.

Once we got to the San Marcos office, it was a piece of cake. There was literally only one other client in the room and they couldn't be nicer to help us. From entrance to exit, we were out of there in 15 mins. So even though we didn't get the appointment in Chula Vista, it was only 3 1/2 hours from my door to door to get the appointment done and then when I came home and checked the USCIS page, there was actually a touch on I 485 & the EAD. First one for the 485 since 7/9!

Does anyone know where I should post the info for San Diegians to try the San Marcos office if they are scheduled for Chula Vista? I think there back log may be one of the reasons it took so long for us to get an appointment letter. Just want to help so other VJer's out. :yes:

07/04/08 Met each other at a friends party & began dating

12/05/09 trip to Australia

01/29/10 Last entry on B2 - I-94 into US

05/15/10 Get married - wohooo

06/28/10 Submit package via Fed-Ex to Chicago Lockbox includingI-130,I-485 (w/I 683 & I 864) I-131, I-765 & F-1145

06/30/10 Package signed for at 11:58am

07/07/10 Received 7 texts & emails for NOAs

07/08/10 Check cashed for I-485

07/09/10 Check cashed for I-130

07/12/10 Received hardcopy NOA's for I-130, I-485, I-131 & I-765

07/23/10 Touched I-130, I-131, I-765

07/30/10 Visit Congressman's office to ask for help expedating EAD

08/10/10 Service Request through uscis for biometrics sent (told to wait 30 days)

08/14/10 Received Biometrics Appt for Sept 7

08/17/10 Failed walk-in Biometrics at Chula Vista. Very busy, advised to try San Marcos office

08/17/10 Successful walk-in Biometrics at San Marcos Office

08/17/10 First touch ever on I-485 and EAD touched

08/24/10 Touched and e-mail EAD and AP approved

08/31/10 AP arrived

09/03/10 EAD and Interview letter (10/09) arrived

I am right there with you!

Me too. AP I don't really care much about (like we have the money to travel, pfft), but EAD we could really use ASAP because we're having some financial issues again. I'm still at a loss why we're at CSC, because we're up for the 10 year GC and should require an interview... We're also expecting a very possible RFE... So the wait is excruciating.

Grats to everyone receiving approvals, though!

UNST0001.gifbritkit.jpgUNKG0001.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Don't worry we are in the same boat. Haven't had our EAD touched since 6-28-10 and our AOS 8-6-10. Sooner or later it will happen no rush for us not really stressing about anything. She is here and that's all that matters. :)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Congrats to those who passed the interview, recieved AP & EAD's. Things are moving along. Just a note to those still waiting for biometrics. My husband received his right after I put in a service request for him (they bought that I was his translater, Australian to English :star: .

He received the letter 3 days later. It was scheduled for 9/7 in the Chula Vista Office south of San Diego, a couple of miles from the boarder. We went there today to try for a walk-in. The guard was very nice, but it was obvious the office was overflowing already. I asked if there was a better time to come back and he said no, they are overbooked everyday now. Then I asked if there was another office we could try. He said if we were willing to drive up to San Marcos, that office was slow and would probably take us. Since it was going to be about an hour north of where we were, he called them and they said, sure, come on up.

Once we got to the San Marcos office, it was a piece of cake. There was literally only one other client in the room and they couldn't be nicer to help us. From entrance to exit, we were out of there in 15 mins. So even though we didn't get the appointment in Chula Vista, it was only 3 1/2 hours from my door to door to get the appointment done and then when I came home and checked the USCIS page, there was actually a touch on I 485 & the EAD. First one for the 485 since 7/9!

Does anyone know where I should post the info for San Diegians to try the San Marcos office if they are scheduled for Chula Vista? I think there back log may be one of the reasons it took so long for us to get an appointment letter. Just want to help so other VJer's out. :yes:

I don't know how to get the word out to San Diegians to use the San Marcos office, but that's a good idea. Maybe a thread should be started that lists good ASC offices to use, like the one that lists good civil surgeons. Btw, I don't know what kind of appt system USCIS uses for making biometrics appts, but for our local office here in the South Bay of Los Angeles, it doesnt seem to have anything to do with how busy the office is. My wife received her biometrics letter on Aug 16th, and her appt was for Sept 7th, 3 weeks away. The next day, Aug 17th, we tried an early walk-in and our assigned ASC office was a ghost town. We breezed thru in about 10 minutes, just like your experience in San Marcos. I have no idea why her appt was scheduled for 3 weeks away when that office is so under utilized.

Edited by Bruin85

IR5 - (Father-In-Law)

Feb. 2018 - Interview - Approved

Feb. 2018 - VISA Received!

May 6, 2018 - Arrived in the  U.S.! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Don't worry we are in the same boat. Haven't had our EAD touched since 6-28-10 and our AOS 8-6-10. Sooner or later it will happen no rush for us not really stressing about anything. She is here and that's all that matters. :)

yes, at least we are together. :) but i'm stressing a bit for the AP, since my honey hasn't seen his kids in 4.5 months now. :( we would just like to be able to plan out a trip back home for him. pero asi es...it will come in time.

hope everyone is having a good week!

Immigration Process

Detailed version on my "About Me" page

01/13/2010: K-1 Interview - VIsa Approved!

05/10/2010: Wedding Day!

01/11/2011: AOS Approved!

05/03/2013: ROC Approved!

08/06/2014: Interview - CITIZENSHIP APPROVED!

08/19/2014: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We haven't heard anything about our EAD yet either. According to the VJ timeline that's not supposed to be adjusted until the end of this month and beginning of next month for us. We didn't have to file for the AP because the K3 visa is a multi-entry visa. Our AOS letter came and was scheduled 3 months to the day of the day we filed. It's just two weeks after we're supposed to get the EAD. It's kind of like why bother at this point because with the green card he won't need the EAD anyways. He's going on a trip to see his family on the other side of our continent in Oct-Nov anyways so it's not like he could start a job and then take a long vacation at the beginning of it.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

We haven't heard anything about our EAD yet either. According to the VJ timeline that's not supposed to be adjusted until the end of this month and beginning of next month for us. We didn't have to file for the AP because the K3 visa is a multi-entry visa. Our AOS letter came and was scheduled 3 months to the day of the day we filed. It's just two weeks after we're supposed to get the EAD. It's kind of like why bother at this point because with the green card he won't need the EAD anyways. He's going on a trip to see his family on the other side of our continent in Oct-Nov anyways so it's not like he could start a job and then take a long vacation at the beginning of it.

Good luck on the interview!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Update on RFE response, it was posted out today to Lee's Summit MO office and should be there by Monday using normal post. Took a while....but fixed now.

Adjustment of Status from K-1 visa.

CIS Office: Charleston WV

Date Filed: 2010-06-08

NOA Date: 2010-06-14

RFE(s): 2010-07-26

Bio. Appt: 2010-07-01

AOS Transfer 2010-08-26 CSC

AP and EAD approved 01 September 2010

Service Request issued: March 17, 2011

Green Card Approval: March 29, 2011

Green Card in Hand: April 4, 2011

Permanent Resident since March 23, 2011

Full time State employee (VA)

ROC Window opens: December 23, 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.