kandl133

K3 - 2 questions

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello Fellow Immigrators,

2 questions for you.

My lady is in China. I filed I-130 and got a receive date of March 2nd 2010. Then filed I129F and got a receive date of March 12th, 2010. Both receipt letters came to me in about 9 days. My lady had to move and sent in a change of address notification and within a week got a touch for April 26th, 2010. I called later and found the address had been changed in their system but received no formal notice. I also had to change her phone number about a week later (used same letter process notification as change of address). I have yet to verify if the number has been changed and have not received any notification by mail on whether this change occurred or not.

I recently returned from nearly three weeks in China spending time with her.

Question #1:

I have yet to receive NOA2. This website reports that I129Fs from March 20th are being processed. Does anyone have any insight or words of encouragement of when my NOA2 might happen or why it hasn't happened yet?

Question #2:

My lady became pregnant during this visit. Yes, its mine. I am concerned about the immunization shots that she might need during the medical portion of the process. I am VERY CONCERNED. Could this stop the immigration process due to pregnancy? How might this be handled when considering the safety of the baby.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Don't follow up with the I-129F for the K-3 - as it will be administratively closed at NVC, once USCIS approves it. See http://www.visajourney.com/news/2010/02/07/department-of-state-to-close-k-3-visas-if-i-129f-and-i-130-petitions-approved-and-received-together/ for the scoop on the K-3.

Stick with the CR-1 visa path / I-130 petition. You'll need to study up on NVC processing and forms - here's some general reference from the horse's mouth:

DS-230 - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

I-864 - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3730.html

General NVC stuff - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1335.html

Don't worry about her address - it will be captured on the GUZ IV P3 Supplemental form and the DS-230, during NVC processing, as well.

re: NOA-2 - figure 6 months of waiting, from NOA-1 date. If it's prior to that, you've been blessed. I'm guessing you're studying I-129f's for the K-1, and not for the K-3. These take a bit longer, as the I-130 and I-129F will be placed together, evaluated together, at USCIS. In fact, the I-130 'loses its place in line' when an I-129F is submitted, knocking back 2 weeks to 2 months of more wait time.

re: pregnancy - will not STOP anything - but she'll get some waiver on portions of the medical exam and immunizations - and THIS IS AUTOMATIC during the medical exam - no need to 'do anything'. She'll have to follow up in USA with a civil surgeon AFTER the baby is born, after she arrives in USA.

Since she's now pregnant, I assume you want some speed, yes? Forget the I-129F for the K-3, stick with the I-130, and when the NOA-2 is issued for the I-130, follow up with NVC Electronic Processing - see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Electronic_Processing - This will shave off 2 to 5 months of waiting time between 'NVC OUT' to 'GUZ OPEN CASEFILE' and shave off another 3 to 11 weeks between 'GUZ packet 4 sent' and 'Interview Day'. Seriously.

You also have small chance (relatively small) of getting expedite at USCIS - you'll need to call in, request expedite due to pregnancy (but don't muck around with the first-line operator you talk to - ask for 'Visa Officer' )

Good Luck !

Hello Fellow Immigrators,

2 questions for you.

My lady is in China. I filed I-130 and got a receive date of March 2nd 2010. Then filed I129F and got a receive date of March 12th, 2010. Both receipt letters came to me in about 9 days. My lady had to move and sent in a change of address notification and within a week got a touch for April 26th, 2010. I called later and found the address had been changed in their system but received no formal notice. I also had to change her phone number about a week later (used same letter process notification as change of address). I have yet to verify if the number has been changed and have not received any notification by mail on whether this change occurred or not.

I recently returned from nearly three weeks in China spending time with her.

Question #1:

I have yet to receive NOA2. This website reports that I129Fs from March 20th are being processed. Does anyone have any insight or words of encouragement of when my NOA2 might happen or why it hasn't happened yet?

Question #2:

My lady became pregnant during this visit. Yes, its mine. I am concerned about the immunization shots that she might need during the medical portion of the process. I am VERY CONCERNED. Could this stop the immigration process due to pregnancy? How might this be handled when considering the safety of the baby.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

----

Just in Case the K-3 actually goes through -

there is no NVC processing, so is impossible to 'vette' any address change.

But that's OK - you can still get the Packet 3 docs back to Guangzhou -

have a read for speed ? --> http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/GUZ_P3_Shortcut

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hey - any result on contacting USCIS, asking for an expedite ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.