fullofhope

Incorrect payment I-130, and correct submission for Texas

3 posts in this topic

My partner just sent off the I-130, but made the money order out for $255 instead of $355. He then wrote another money order for $100 and sent it, hoping they will match them up. I am guessing we will just get the forms back with incorrect payment notice - but how long will it take for them to do that - will they do it in the first few weeks instead of a NO-1 or after it has waited for several months to reach a case-worker before they send it back as incorrect?

I am also a little confused as to what is the correct submission center to send it to, and where it will end up from there. I am overseas, but my partner (the US citizen) is in Texas. I notice there is two different PO boxes in Chicago that we are advised to send it to based on states (I send mine to USCIS P.O. Box 804616 Chicago, IL 60680-1029), but then there are 4 centres - including one in Dallas TExas - with different processing times given. Did we send it to the correct place, and where will it end up after this?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

You send it to the Chicago Lockbox that says it is for Texas. Then your case will most likely either be sent to California or to Vermont. It just depends on how busy those two places are. As for the fee, I don't know personally but I have seen that they will send it right back before the NOA1 if there is something wrong. They might issue you an something like an RFE (Request for Further Evidence) for your payment. The NOA1 usually takes about 10 days to get. Usually it is risky to send out another thing to the USCIS without them requesting it first, since it is seperate from your original submission and they have no idea what it is going to without having a receipt number (NOA1) to put it with.

Best of luck!

Some one will probably come along and correct me if any of the above information is incorrect. I'm just speaking from what I have read on the VJ site.

*~Cr1 Journey~* CSC

-NOA 1 Receipt date: 3/1/10 (sent 2/18/10)

-Touched 4 different times in between

-APPROVED: 6/2/10

93 days from NOA1 to NOA2

-Received NVC case number: 6/9/10/10

-Gave NVC my e-mail address & e-mailed DS3032: 6/10/10

-Received NVC e-mails (DS3032 and AOS Fee)& paid AOS fee: 6/11/10

-AOS Fee shows as PAID & paid IV Bill: 6/15/10

-IV Bill shows as paid: 6/6/10

-Received IV instruction packet: 6/8/10

-Received dox from co-sponsor: 10/14/15/10

-Sent AOS package: 10/18/10

-AOS package received: 10/19/10-J.Desmond

-IV Package mailed out: 11/3/10

-AVR says I have an RFE: 11/5/10

-NVC operator told me what my RFE's are: 11/8/10

-NVC sent checklist letter (for the 2 AOS RFE's): 11/13/10

-NVC operator says the IV package has been entered: 11/18/10

-E-mailed SUE to see if that would do anything (3 diff times...): 11/29/30/10

-Sent AOS RFE's: 12/1/10

-AOS RFE's received: 12/2/10

-Checked payment portal for fun (SIF!!!!): 12/3/10

-AVR still say AOS missing info: 12/3/10

-NVC operator says case was shipped to USE in Lima: 12/3/10

-Received interview date (12/13/10): JANUARY 6th, 2011!!

-Medical: 12/21/10- Passed :)

-Interivew: 1/6/11- PASSED :D

-Visa received- 1/13/11

-POE FLL- 1/23/11 YES! BUTTTTTTT....still not reunited :'( (Reunited on the 24th)

The good news is if they don't accept your split payment they will notify you within 1 to 2 weeks, you don't have to wait a few months to find out...

Was both the money orders in the same envelope? If it was and they see both money orders than I think they will expect it. If it was not than they will reject your petition for lack of payment...

Alex A

----------------------------

9/16/2009 - Married

USCIS

1/22/2010 - I-130 sent

1/27/2010 - USPS tracking - Delivered, CHICAGO, IL 60680

2/02/2010 - NOA1

2/07/2010 - NOA1 - Hard copy

3/31/2010 - NOA2

4/1/2010 - NOA2 - Email & Text (~58 days)

4/5/2010 - NOA2 - Hard copy

NVC - Taking my time with it...

4/8/2010 - got NVC case # & gave them email address (~ 1 week)

4/13/2010 - Choice of Agent email from NVC (~ 5 days)

4/14/2010 - Email sent to NVC with "Choice of Agent

4/19/2010 - NVC email confirming "Choice of Agent" email (~5 days)

4/20/2010 - NVC email with AOS and IV bill

4/23/2010 - AOS fee paid & package send

4/26/2010 - IV fee paid

5/21/2010 - IV pack mailed to NVC

5/28/2010 - NVC received IV packet

6/10/2010 - SIF & RFE (for PCC different for Sir Lanka)

6/11/2010 - CC (with RFE)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.