dhsplease

I-751 Waiver Filers Timeline

1,041 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

You should call. Csc gets approval on cases January 2016 and February 2016

I think I will wait one more month and after give them a call. I am California filer and as I know California quicker then Vermont. From November 2015 filers two waivers got they are green card without any issue any interview. And guys info pass for extend one-year green card extension right?

Also, I sent that documents with my I-751:

A copy of Permanent Resident Card, front and back.
A copy of marriage certificate.
A copy of divorce certificate.
A copy of our driver licenses showing joint occupancy at our previous address.
A copy of our 2013 and 2014 joint tax returns.
A copy of our Geico joint car insurance documents during the marriage.
A copy of our joint Sprint cellular phone bills from June 2013 to April 2015.
A copy of my life insurance from my work showing my wife as beneficiary.
Affidavits from my ex-wife, her best friend, and our friends.
A copy of thank you card from XXXX Executive Sara after attending an event with my ex-wife.
A copy of wedding invitation to us from our friends xxxx and xxx, Happy Easter card to us from our friend XXXX.
A copy of our Xxxxx Fitness Membership Agreement Documents showing to we joined together in the same day.
A copy of our joint Sam's Club membership renewal.
A copy of e-mail showing our New York flight information and tickets. (Our honeymoon)
Photos of us with our friends, my ex-wife family, and relatives, from different events, different trips, and at home during our relation and marriage. ( I sent 135 photos! Photos from our home, concerts, different cities and states like New York, Georgia, all over the Florida, different places like Kennedy Space Center, Disney, Busch Gardens, also bunch of different photos from holidays like Halloween, Christmas, thanksgiving day, 4th of July and birthdays, one of our friend wedding, lots of photos like we are at home with friends making barbecue, lots of photo from work, photos from voluntary jobs like we helping one of the animal rescue center, super bowl parties from each year, her two cousin visit our house for 2014 Christmas so photos from that night, etc. and some I made some collage from 4-5 photos)
Also a copy of some Facebook posts, photos, status updates etc. during our relation and marriage.
Screenshots of some e-mails and chat logs between us.
Screenshots of some chat conversations between us.
I can explain much more of my case but it will be too long lol! What do you guys think? Thank you!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Also a copy of some Facebook posts, photos, status updates etc. during our relation and marriage.
Screenshots of some e-mails and chat logs between us.
Screenshots of some chat conversations between us.
I can explain much more of my case but it will be too long lol! What do you guys think? Thank you!

It kinda looks like mine. I sent the facebook and email stuff during RFE. Also I don't have car stuff but have bank statements. Mine was delayed cuz it was being kicked between service center and field office. Good luck!

------------------------------------------------------------

2003-08-21: first visit to US on F-1

2009-09-17: first met ex-spouse

2013-05-14: re-entered US on K-1

2013-05-20: married to ex-spouse

2013-12-27: received conditional green card

2014-04-01: separated from ex-spouse

2014-10-01: divorced from ex-spouse

2015-06-25: sent I-751

2016-04-11: received RFE

2016-06-08: sent RFE reply

2016-09-20: new card ordered

2016-09-23: new card mailed

2016-09-28: new card picked up by USPS

2016-09-30: new card delivered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

It kinda looks like mine. I sent the facebook and email stuff during RFE. Also I don't have car stuff but have bank statements. Mine was delayed cuz it was being kicked between service center and field office. Good luck!

Chicha how did you figure out to yours kicked between the service center and field office? Maybe that is what is happening my case as well. After biometric I did not hear anything and I start to worry :(

Timeline

Chicha how did you figure out to yours kicked between the service center and field office? Maybe that is what is happening my case as well. After biometric I did not hear anything and I start to worry :(

On 8/8 I talked to tier 2 officer on the phone who placed a service request after 60 days passed since I submitted my RFE, and a response came dated on 8/18 saying my stuff is in field office pending review. And on 9/9 I went to an infopass, when the officer told me that my case was approved and sent back to Vermont service center.

I haven't got anything in writing yet but my interpretation (and hope) is that Vermont just got too busy and send my stuff to field office, and the field office decided I don't need to be interviewed...I'll see.

My unsolicited advice is to start calling, making infopass, the very second day that your case is outside normal processing time, to be proactive and remind uscis to take action on the case. I wasn't having hope for the 9/9 infopass appointment and planned to write to senators the past weekend. Now I'm still nervous and waiting for the mail.

Good luck!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi Monty2211, I got my RFE about 9.5 months after I submitted petition. I'm Vermont too, so you should expect something soon (hopefully a direct approval and none of this nonsense!). It's usually better to call at 8am so calls get transferred (in the afternoon the reps would complain that they are swamped).

I scheduled infopass at Boston. The response to my service request doesn't specify if I'm in line for an interview. I hope not..it would be repelling to think i have to go over every previous marriage/divorce detail again but at this point I would be DELIGHTED to get an interview notice to see it done.

Hi Chicha

Hi there, I called them and asked to escalate to a tier 2 office. The officer called me on Saturday 11.25a and informed me that it is being sent to field office, possibly for an interview. Once the field office receives it, they will send me a letter with interview date and time.

So i went ahead and scheduled an infopass on 9/21....just wanted to keep you guys in the loop.

Also i am only carrying my passport, my expired GC, notice of action I797 Do you think i should take anything else with me

Timeline

Hi Chicha

Hi there, I called them and asked to escalate to a tier 2 office. The officer called me on Saturday 11.25a and informed me that it is being sent to field office, possibly for an interview. Once the field office receives it, they will send me a letter with interview date and time.

So i went ahead and scheduled an infopass on 9/21....just wanted to keep you guys in the loop.

Also i am only carrying my passport, my expired GC, notice of action I797 Do you think i should take anything else with me

If you are just going to ask about your case and get a stamp, that should be sufficient. You know there is a different case receipt # after your biometrics that is not printed on your NOA1 so you might write it down and bring it along too.

It looks the infopass officer just looked up my case using A number.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello everyone. I am filing with a waiver and I d like to know if I should file with my maiden name which I got back after divorce, or the name that is on my green card ( married name)?!?

Happy day <3 June 11 Got married, exactly 3 years after we first met (in Rome, Italy)
Day 1: July 24 sent packages
Day 8: July 31 received Noa1
Day 25: August 18 received appointment for biometrics scheduled for August 27th
Day 32: August 26 walk in biometrics succesful
Day 75: October 11 card/document production
Day 78: October 14 received text that my I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS is now ready for interview scheduling.
Day 84: October 20 received text that they mailed my EAD
Day 85: October 21 received EAD
Day 109: November 14 received text with interview date

:dancing: December 16th - interview went well! Approved on the spot

Timeline

Hello everyone. I am filing with a waiver and I d like to know if I should file with my maiden name which I got back after divorce, or the name that is on my green card ( married name)?!?

Since you got your name back that's your name plus you probably want maiden name on your new green card. I filed with my maiden name and included court paper reflecting name change. I forgot to change name back after divorce and waited till I did name change to file I-751. I suggest adding a line in cover letter noting name change, to make sure new card will have the maiden name..

Timeline

My card is ordered as of today (Sept 20)!

I was denied the first time due to lack of evidence after my spouse and I divorce. The case took so long before the decision that i could not find any further evidence to refile. So I went the extreme hardship waiver which thankfully was approved and now my card is in production. My evidence included but not limited to:

-Detailed personal statement (8 pages)

Evidence of relatives/persons for whom I am claiming extreme hardship

-Birth Certificate of US born child

-Photos of my family including US born son

-My birth certificate

-Docs related to my US born child

Medical Hardships for me and my son

-Evidence of my medical issue (doctor’s letter)

-Evidence of my daily prescriptions (Prescriptions from doctor and printouts

-Mayo clinic printouts on dangers of my medical issue

-Medical records for my son showing language disorder, asthma and allergies

-Letter from my son’s speech therapist detailing my son’s condition and recommending that he stays here in the country for adequate care

-Proof of my Health insurance coverage that I carry for my son

-Evidence showing that there are very speech therapists in my country making it difficult for my USC son to receive adequate care in US

-List of speech therapists in my country totaling to 19

-Google printouts showing the distance between my home town to the closest speech therapist which is almost 150 miles

-Print out showing how many speech therapists are close to my house in US. There are 23 in my zip code alone with the closes one being 3 miles away.

Financial and professional hardships

-Income tax returns showing my income which is over $100k. (This was to show how much I would suffer if I was returned home)

-Pay statements supporting the above

-Copies of all financial obligations I have in the US which showed what kind of a burden I would live for my wife who is not a citizen and who would be taking care of my son when I am removed. It showed how massive of a responsibility that was since my income was about 70% of the entire family income. This included mortgages, business loans, utility bills, car loans etc

Hardship related to my home country conditions

-Photos of my mums home in comparison to the home I live

-CIA World Factbook for my country showing subpar GDP, Infant mortality and average life expectancy way below that of the US.

-Documents showing unemployment rate in my home country is 45%

-Letters from folks from my country detailing medical hardships and scares

-US dept travel warnings to my country

-newspaper clippings showing only 8% of my country folks can afford mortgages

-newspaper clipping showing corruption in my country’s police force

-Several pages detailing the frequency of terrorist attacks

---and many many more newspaper cutouts of country conditions. Made sure to use the largest newspaper in my home country and sources like New York Times, Reuters, CNN

-Also evidence of good moral conduct.

-Letters form my pastors attesting to my good moral character.

-Letters from members of the community showing how I have been a leader in the community

-Several documents that showed my commitment to the community

Hope this helps someone.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Since you got your name back that's your name plus you probably want maiden name on your new green card. I filed with my maiden name and included court paper reflecting name change. I forgot to change name back after divorce and waited till I did name change to file I-751. I suggest adding a line in cover letter noting name change, to make sure new card will have the maiden name..

Thank you

Happy day <3 June 11 Got married, exactly 3 years after we first met (in Rome, Italy)
Day 1: July 24 sent packages
Day 8: July 31 received Noa1
Day 25: August 18 received appointment for biometrics scheduled for August 27th
Day 32: August 26 walk in biometrics succesful
Day 75: October 11 card/document production
Day 78: October 14 received text that my I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS is now ready for interview scheduling.
Day 84: October 20 received text that they mailed my EAD
Day 85: October 21 received EAD
Day 109: November 14 received text with interview date

:dancing: December 16th - interview went well! Approved on the spot

Timeline

Chicha...did you get another update that the UPS has picked up your card? I have not yet.

No I haven't. I cannot do the myusps.com sign-up for notification either since mine is a c/o address of someone I sublet from that I cannot pass the verification. Still it's a great idea and I saw a few Vjers recommended it for USCIS/general use.

I'm still going to the infopass appointment on Monday 9/26 that I made a while ago to get a tracking number or to what address they send the card to. USCIS has 3 addresses on file since I initially filed I-751.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.