dhsplease

I-751 Waiver Filers Timeline

1,041 posts in this topic

Hello Waiver Filers!

I come with good news! I was approved on 4/16/2015 after having filed for a 2nd time. Since my divorce wasn't finalized when they reviewed my case and I didn't have it by the time I had to respond to RFE, my petition was denied and my status terminated. I researched, got various opinions and followed the advice of fellow VJ members…I re-filed as soon as the divorce decree was in my hands! Thankfully after 6 months, I was finally approved. I received an e-mail and text letting me know and today I received a letter in the mail with the same news: APPROVED. I never hired a lawyer, I have gone through my entire immigration journey on my own (I-130, NVC, I-601, I-751)…just God and the wonderful forums I was blessed to come across…VJ and Immigrate2US members have given me more than they know…I'm forever grateful to everyone that has helped me along the way! :)

Congrats! :)

Congrats! We're filing with a waiver as well - my ex-husband is the green card holder and I'm the U.S. citizen. We are actually in the process of reconciling and i'm hoping this all goes smoothly :)

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Preparing to file for I-751 waiver please tell me how my documents look and what I need

Brief story got married in June 2013 got conditional green card in October 2013. Separated in May 2014 as ex-spouse did not want to move. I got a new job. Divorce this May 2015. One yr separation required.

I will submit

Letter of declaration saying what happened

Marriage cert

Green card

Divorce decree once I get it

Joint lease spanning one year

Joint bank statements spanning 1yr before separation

IRS transcripts 2013 married filing joint and 2014 married filing separate

Utility bills in apt for 1 yr

Mail from church addressed to us listing our names and addresses

Vacation itinerary both of us

Joint car insurance for both of us

2013 life insurance showing me as beneficiary on ex-spouse plan

2014 and current 2015 life insurance at my job listing ex-spouse as beneficiary. (Will remove ex spouse soon as divorce soon to be finalized)

Vision insurance 2013, 2014 showing both our names

Vacation packages owned together with both names and addresses listed

Included copies of emails to each other

Photos of us together. including vacation photos

Other miscellaneous documents showing spouse

Any thing I am missing and what are my chances? Interview likely or no? RFE? This is all I have

Edited by Hooray

It sounds as though you have a pretty good list. Are you close to being divorced already or have you just filed? This post originally said you would be divorced in June 2015, now it says May so im a little confused on whether you are just filing or if you are at the end of the process.

If you are just filing, be prepared for a bit of a wait. Mine took 6 months. You dont want to file now thinking it will be done before the end but actually get to the end of the ROC process without the divorce decree then be denied based on not having it.

When does your GC expire?

Preparing to file for I-751 waiver please tell me how my documents look and what I need
Brief story got married in June 2013 got conditional green card in October 2013. Separated in May 2014 as ex-spouse did not want to move. I got a new job. Divorce this May 2015. One yr separation required.
I will submit

Letter of declaration saying what happened
Marriage cert
Green card
Divorce decree once I get it
Joint lease spanning one year
Joint bank statements spanning 1yr before separation
IRS transcripts 2013 married filing joint and 2014 married filing separate
Utility bills in apt for 1 yr
Mail from church addressed to us listing our names and addresses
Vacation itinerary both of us
Joint car insurance for both of us
2013 life insurance showing me as beneficiary on ex-spouse plan
2014 and current 2015 life insurance at my job listing ex-spouse as beneficiary. (Will remove ex spouse soon as divorce soon to be finalized)
Vision insurance 2013, 2014 showing both our names
Vacation packages owned together with both names and addresses listed
Included copies of emails to each other
Photos of us together. including vacation photos
Other miscellaneous documents showing spouse

Any thing I am missing and what are my chances? Interview likely or no? RFE? This is all I have

CR-1
07-01-2011 : Married

05-10-2012 : I-130 Mailed to London (DCF)
05-11-2012 : I-130 Delivered and signed for at Embassy
05-18-2012 : NOA1 Email
07-26-2012 : NOA2 (69 days)
07-28-2012 : NOA2 hard copy received
08-10-2012 : LND Case number received. Letter dated 08-07-2012
08-15-2012 : DS-230 and DS-2001 mailed to Embassy
08-23-2012 : Medical
09-14-2012 : Emailed Embassy and confirmed DS forms have finally been logged (After 29 days)
09-22-2012 : Interview letter received. Dated September 19th.
10-03-2012 : Interview - Approved!
NOA1 to Interview - 138 days.
10-10-2012 : Passport with Visa delivered two hours late at 8pm.
10-22-2012 : POE Philadelphia
11-15-2012 : Green Card received in mail
12-11-2012 : Went to the Social Security office to apply for SSN after it did not arrive.
12-15-2012 : SSN Arrived in 4 days.

05-09-2013 : Left USC Husband.
11-28-2013: Filed for divorce.

05-01-2014: Divorced

05-08-2014: Sent I-751 petition to VSC

05-13-2014: NOA1 (was not postmarked until 5/22/14 and received on 5/24/14)
06-18-2014: Biometrics in St. Albans, VT

11-21-2014: RFE. Received on 11/24/14.

01-22-2015: Interview notice mailed out. Received 1/26/15

02-12-2015: Interview in St Albans, VT - Approved during interview!

CRBA
08-16-2012 : CRBA in London for our daughter - Approved!
09-11-2012 : CRBA and Passport arrived.
09-25-2012 : SSN Arrived. Mailed from MD on 09-17-2012

Thank you for your response. Court hearing this may 2015. Uncontested divorce filed in January 2015. Card expires October 2015. Want to file as soon as possible. Anything else I should add to the list? If I do get an RFE I really don't have/know what else to send. Kindly advise.

Thank you for your response. Court hearing this may 2015. Uncontested divorce filed in January 2015. Card expires October 2015. Want to file as soon as possible. Anything else I should add to the list? If I do get an RFE I really don't have/know what else to send. Kindly advise.

If you do get an RFE, just send the same documents you sent the first time plus any additional documents you may find.

Good Luck :)

• 1 month later...
Filed: Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello Waiver Filers!

I come with good news! I was approved on 4/16/2015 after having filed for a 2nd time. Since my divorce wasn't finalized when they reviewed my case and I didn't have it by the time I had to respond to RFE, my petition was denied and my status terminated. I researched, got various opinions and followed the advice of fellow VJ members…I re-filed as soon as the divorce decree was in my hands! Thankfully after 6 months, I was finally approved. I received an e-mail and text letting me know and today I received a letter in the mail with the same news: APPROVED. I never hired a lawyer, I have gone through my entire immigration journey on my own (I-130, NVC, I-601, I-751)…just God and the wonderful forums I was blessed to come across…VJ and Immigrate2US members have given me more than they know…I'm forever grateful to everyone that has helped me along the way! :)

Sunshine, had you received an NTA?

I never received an NTA……just the denial letter stating i would be receiving an NTA….

Sunshine, had you received an NTA?

ROC (Divorce Waiver)- CSC

2/14/14- Filed for Divorce

2/28/14- Sent I751 Packet (divorce pending)

3/3/14- NOA1 (receipt date)

3/5/14- Check Cashed & NOA1 Received in the Mail

3/6/14- GC Expired

3/11/14- Received Biometrics Appt. Letter (for 3/28)

3/21/14- Biometrics (done 1 week early)

5/20/14- RFE received for divorce decree/more evidence

8/8/14- Submitted further evidence, no divorce decree yet

9/12/14- I751 Denial received

10/8/14- Divorce finalized

10/14/14- Sent I751 Packet again, with divorce decree! (Refiling)

10/15/14- NOA1 (receipt date)

10/17/14- Check Cashed

11/03/14- Biometrics Done

3/6/14- 1 Year Extension Expired

3/24/15- I551 Stamp in Passport (1 year extension)

4/16/15- APPROVED! E-mail & Text Received

4/20/15- Approval Letter Received via Mail

4/25/15- GC in hand! Happy Birthday to me! :)

• 1 month later...

Has anyone here been approved or heard anything from the USCIS? My case has been there for almost 8 months, but nothing after my biometric.

hey, i understand how much stress because we are all at the same boat, for me i received RFE after two mounths from the biometric and after four mounths i went for the interview, i wish that you receive your green card soon. Did you try to call the USCIS? i beleive that something on the USCIS website to make your request and they answer you

wish you all good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.