dhsplease

I-751 Waiver Filers Timeline

1,041 posts in this topic

If your documentation was good, you will not get interview. Considering you sent your application to California, you may not even get RFE. I was unfortunate enough to hire a dumb attorney who sent my application to Vermont instead of California. I am preparing for a long waiting time, RFE and even interview.

Please read this http://www.uscisprocessingtimes.org/general/form-i-751-changes-in-filing-location/?r=fbuscispt

ROC VSC mailed 5/7/14

NOA1 5/9

Check cashed 5/14

Biometrics current

RFE dated 12/18

RFE mailed 1/20

Approved 2/2 ! ( letter came from the local office)

Card received 2/17/15 !!!!

I got approved today! I went for my interview and after waiting around 45 minutes, i got called in by the interviewer. He took me to a chair and took my fingerprints and photo, then took me to a kind of messy office in the back. He told me the interview would be filmed and had me stand in front of the camera, put up my right hand and swear i would tell the truth. Then he asked me to sit in any seat i liked (there were 3). He started off with asking me the correct name i was using, my ex husbands name, my daughters and my address then asked if i had been arrested or convicted of a crime. After answering those questions he said "Well im going to approve you so there is nothing to worry about". He then asked me why the marriage came to an end. I told him literally one tiny snippet and that was all he wanted to know.

He asked me if i had questions and i asked why it was me that was called for an interview. He said to explain what caused the end and to stamp my passport. I get the feeling that the service center wanted the interview and the field office (which happens to be down the road!) just saw everything as ok and he had made the decision before i had even walked in. He told me he will order production of the card today and he took away my green card and extension letter and put an I-551 stamp in my passport which is valid for 1 year from today.

So the truckload of evidence i took with me was not needed. They did not even want my new divorce decree which was the original problem! After the initial wait to get in, i was in and out in 5 minutes with an approval on the spot.

CR-1
07-01-2011 : Married

05-10-2012 : I-130 Mailed to London (DCF)
05-11-2012 : I-130 Delivered and signed for at Embassy
05-18-2012 : NOA1 Email
07-26-2012 : NOA2 (69 days)
07-28-2012 : NOA2 hard copy received
08-10-2012 : LND Case number received. Letter dated 08-07-2012
08-15-2012 : DS-230 and DS-2001 mailed to Embassy
08-23-2012 : Medical
09-14-2012 : Emailed Embassy and confirmed DS forms have finally been logged (After 29 days)
09-22-2012 : Interview letter received. Dated September 19th.
10-03-2012 : Interview - Approved!
NOA1 to Interview - 138 days.
10-10-2012 : Passport with Visa delivered two hours late at 8pm.
10-22-2012 : POE Philadelphia
11-15-2012 : Green Card received in mail
12-11-2012 : Went to the Social Security office to apply for SSN after it did not arrive.
12-15-2012 : SSN Arrived in 4 days.

05-09-2013 : Left USC Husband.
11-28-2013: Filed for divorce.

05-01-2014: Divorced

05-08-2014: Sent I-751 petition to VSC

05-13-2014: NOA1 (was not postmarked until 5/22/14 and received on 5/24/14)
06-18-2014: Biometrics in St. Albans, VT

11-21-2014: RFE. Received on 11/24/14.

01-22-2015: Interview notice mailed out. Received 1/26/15

02-12-2015: Interview in St Albans, VT - Approved during interview!

CRBA
08-16-2012 : CRBA in London for our daughter - Approved!
09-11-2012 : CRBA and Passport arrived.
09-25-2012 : SSN Arrived. Mailed from MD on 09-17-2012

I got approved today! I went for my interview and after waiting around 45 minutes, i got called in by the interviewer. He took me to a chair and took my fingerprints and photo, then took me to a kind of messy office in the back. He told me the interview would be filmed and had me stand in front of the camera, put up my right hand and swear i would tell the truth. Then he asked me to sit in any seat i liked (there were 3). He started off with asking me the correct name i was using, my ex husbands name, my daughters and my address then asked if i had been arrested or convicted of a crime. After answering those questions he said "Well im going to approve you so there is nothing to worry about". He then asked me why the marriage came to an end. I told him literally one tiny snippet and that was all he wanted to know.

He asked me if i had questions and i asked why it was me that was called for an interview. He said to explain what caused the end and to stamp my passport. I get the feeling that the service center wanted the interview and the field office (which happens to be down the road!) just saw everything as ok and he had made the decision before i had even walked in. He told me he will order production of the card today and he took away my green card and extension letter and put an I-551 stamp in my passport which is valid for 1 year from today.

So the truckload of evidence i took with me was not needed. They did not even want my new divorce decree which was the original problem! After the initial wait to get in, i was in and out in 5 minutes with an approval on the spot.

Congrats Holly!! Best wishes for the future!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

hi guys,

Long story short, i would like to file with a waiver, but i'm scared i will be denied. I was out of status for 5 years, then got married ( didn't file any docs at that time with USCIS) got divorced. After 2 years met my husband 2011, we got married in 2012, that was one crazy love from the first sight...got conditional GC in sept 2013, and now I'll have to file ROC at the end of june 2015. DOcs I 'll have:

-dental insurance, we share , from his job

-my health insurance, him as beneficiary

-his health insurance me as beneficiary

-life insurance

-dog insurance with both our names

-2 bank accounts

-utility bills ( how do i get copies of the bills for the 2 years, we didn't save any old ones?, can i go to the companies and request?)

-car title, car insurance n registration in both of our names

- i have a few pics from this 2 years,

- affidavit from him and friends and parents

- he bought his house with his parents, before we met. They can write an affidavit if needed ( like they did first time around)

what else am i missing ? what else should i have?

i'm so emotionally exhausted:(((

we did enter marriage in good faith, his parents attended the wedding n everything...

thank you beforehand...

05/2006- arrived at JFK with J1

2007-applied for F1

05/2012-got married

10/2012- applied for GC

2/20/2013 - Interview

09/2013- CGC approved

10/2013- received GC in the mail.

ROC

10/31/2015 I-751 Waiver sent (almost month and a half late)

11/02/2015 NOA

12/03/2015 Biometrics

06/02/2016 RFE received (dated 05/27/2016)

07/05/2016 RFE sent (delivered 07/08/2016)

07/18/2016 New card ordered

07/25/2016 approval letter + tracking number

07/26/2016 Received GC

:dancing:

Hello Dannonchik,

Did you guys file tax returns? It will be good if you include return transcripts. For shared utilities, you can ask the companies to give you the old copies of the bills. Write a cover letter explaining your story. In the letter, tell them why you don't have your name on the house. Don't worry! You will get your green card. I don't see any reason to think it will be denied. Good luck!

hi guys,

Long story short, i would like to file with a waiver, but i'm scared i will be denied. I was out of status for 5 years, then got married ( didn't file any docs at that time with USCIS) got divorced. After 2 years met my husband 2011, we got married in 2012, that was one crazy love from the first sight...got conditional GC in sept 2013, and now I'll have to file ROC at the end of june 2015. DOcs I 'll have:

-dental insurance, we share , from his job

-my health insurance, him as beneficiary

-his health insurance me as beneficiary

-life insurance

-dog insurance with both our names

-2 bank accounts

-utility bills ( how do i get copies of the bills for the 2 years, we didn't save any old ones?, can i go to the companies and request?)

-car title, car insurance n registration in both of our names

- i have a few pics from this 2 years,

- affidavit from him and friends and parents

- he bought his house with his parents, before we met. They can write an affidavit if needed ( like they did first time around)

what else am i missing ? what else should i have?

i'm so emotionally exhausted:(((

we did enter marriage in good faith, his parents attended the wedding n everything...

thank you beforehand...

Timeline

Thank you for your reply.I have tax returns.. what bothers me, that they deny me based on the fact that i was out of status for 5 years prior to my marriage. Thou before we even got married i was already packing home, coz my DL would exprire and he didn't want me to go, he even explained it to IO, when we had interview the first time.

Hello Dannonchik,

Did you guys file tax returns? It will be good if you include return transcripts. For shared utilities, you can ask the companies to give you the old copies of the bills. Write a cover letter explaining your story. In the letter, tell them why you don't have your name on the house. Don't worry! You will get your green card. I don't see any reason to think it will be denied. Good luck!

2007-applied for F1

05/2012-got married

10/2012- applied for GC

2/20/2013 - Interview

09/2013- CGC approved

ROC

11/02/2015 NOA

12/03/2015 Biometrics

07/26/2016 Received GC

Thank you for your reply.I have tax returns.. what bothers me, that they deny me based on the fact that i was out of status for 5 years prior to my marriage. Thou before we even got married i was already packing home, coz my DL would exprire and he didn't want me to go, he even explained it to IO, when we had interview the first time.

You were out of status but still were given green card. They may question your intent but I don't see that as basis for denial. If you truly married the guy for love, your green card will be approved. Just write your story in detail in your cover letter. Be completely honest with them and provide them with as much evidence as you can. You will be fine.

Timeline

thank you... I pray everything will be ok:(. there was no lie, we did marry for love, he is PO, so there s no way we could lie about anything

You were out of status but still were given green card. They may question your intent but I don't see that as basis for denial. If you truly married the guy for love, your green card will be approved. Just write your story in detail in your cover letter. Be completely honest with them and provide them with as much evidence as you can. You will be fine.

2007-applied for F1

05/2012-got married

10/2012- applied for GC

2/20/2013 - Interview

09/2013- CGC approved

ROC

11/02/2015 NOA

12/03/2015 Biometrics

07/26/2016 Received GC

thank you... I pray everything will be ok:(. there was no lie, we did marry for love, he is PO, so there s no way we could lie about anything

You don't have anything to worry about. You may get an interview but that's about it. Good luck!

Congratulations Holly!! :) :) :) I'm so glad to hear things went smoothly for you and you finally got approved!! Best of luck!!

ROC (Divorce Waiver)- CSC

2/14/14- Filed for Divorce

2/28/14- Sent I751 Packet (divorce pending)

3/3/14- NOA1 (receipt date)

3/5/14- Check Cashed & NOA1 Received in the Mail

3/6/14- GC Expired

3/11/14- Received Biometrics Appt. Letter (for 3/28)

3/21/14- Biometrics (done 1 week early)

5/20/14- RFE received for divorce decree/more evidence

8/8/14- Submitted further evidence, no divorce decree yet

9/12/14- I751 Denial received

10/8/14- Divorce finalized

10/14/14- Sent I751 Packet again, with divorce decree! (Refiling)

10/15/14- NOA1 (receipt date)

10/17/14- Check Cashed

11/03/14- Biometrics Done

3/6/14- 1 Year Extension Expired

3/24/15- I551 Stamp in Passport (1 year extension)

4/16/15- APPROVED! E-mail & Text Received

4/20/15- Approval Letter Received via Mail

4/25/15- GC in hand! Happy Birthday to me! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.