dhsplease

I-751 Waiver Filers Timeline

1,041 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone. This is my story..I met ex wife a few years back.when I met her she had four kids..we dated for few months..after that she got pregnant..around that time she lost her drivers license and one day she wanted to go to a grocery store. she left the kids alone at home. an older daughter messed with an emergency system and called the police. The police came to the house and found the kids alone,,my ex showed up one hour after. DHS was called and a case was started and she had to fight for the kids back. Since she has a bipolar disorder, her moods were up and down. the DHS decided that she had to give up two younger kids for adoptions..since my she was pregnant too..they sought to know my financial status..i was an F1 student with no job...the advised us to adopted the baby as soon as she was born,,,it was a hard decision but I only had two options: to give up the baby for adoption or be taken to a foster care...we chosed the first option..after we gave up the baby for adoptions we continued with our relationship..we married after a while. I filled for my conditional GC and got approved. Few months later my ex demanded that we have another baby..I objected this idea since we were struggling with the two we had..she went online and looked for guys. She slept with many of them. She went out every weekend (from friday to sunday). I didnt know where she was. She never responded to my text or calls. I was really worried. It like she was my wife from monday to thursday. I was hurt but I always forgave her. One day she brought a guy home and told me to find a place to stay.. That really hurts my feelings.. A few weeks later she filed for divorce. She told me that she did that because she felt bad about what she had done to me and I deserved better... I was so hurt and thought that was a good idea.. A few days later our marriage was dissolved and divorce degree was issued.(we were married for 2 yrs- I was supposed to filled for a joined petition this month) I filled for the waiver immediately by myself with the following documents/copies:

1. Divorce decree.

2. Tax returns, pay stubs, and W-2 forms.

3. Love cards and letter.

4. Dogs vaccinations bills and rabies certificates.

5. Children school work, lunch bills, and progress reports.

6. Vacations: bills and rentals, and receipts.

7. Adoption paperwork.

8. Cards and pictures from our daughter's adoptive family.

9. A Lot of pictures

10. Internet bills,.

11. Residential lease

12. Life insurance policy.

13. Affidavits: from her dad, her mom, the family that adopted our daughter and 3 friends.

14. Electricity-energy bills.

15. Joint Account bank statements.

16. Debit cards from the joint account

17. Drivers licenses- indicating that she and I had same last names

18. Miscellaneous documents and information

19. My birth certificate

20. her birth certificate

21. Conditional residency card

22. Emails from her lawyer

23. A present I bought online for my step daughter

24. Order form from buying a key chain for her

25. Order form from engagement for ring.

I filled a week ago and yet to receive an NOA. Please share your view. Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi! My name is Catalina. I am still married but we are doing really bad and we are about to start our divorce paperwork. But I wanna make sure I have all the information before hand. Does anyone know how is it work when you get divorce before removing conditions? How possible is to get the green card renew or am I gonna get deported? I am so scared and confused.

Welcome to the Waiver Filers thread! Your list of evidence looks good to me, you seem to have a little of everything that they ask for! However, nothing is guaranteed, especially when it comes to immigration! But let's be positive that everything will work out for us all! Good luck on your journey! :)

Hi everyone. This is my story..I met ex wife a few years back.when I met her she had four kids..we dated for few months..after that she got pregnant..around that time she lost her drivers license and one day she wanted to go to a grocery store. she left the kids alone at home. an older daughter messed with an emergency system and called the police. The police came to the house and found the kids alone,,my ex showed up one hour after. DHS was called and a case was started and she had to fight for the kids back. Since she has a bipolar disorder, her moods were up and down. the DHS decided that she had to give up two younger kids for adoptions..since my she was pregnant too..they sought to know my financial status..i was an F1 student with no job...the advised us to adopted the baby as soon as she was born,,,it was a hard decision but I only had two options: to give up the baby for adoption or be taken to a foster care...we chosed the first option..after we gave up the baby for adoptions we continued with our relationship..we married after a while. I filled for my conditional GC and got approved. Few months later my ex demanded that we have another baby..I objected this idea since we were struggling with the two we had..she went online and looked for guys. She slept with many of them. She went out every weekend (from friday to sunday). I didnt know where she was. She never responded to my text or calls. I was really worried. It like she was my wife from monday to thursday. I was hurt but I always forgave her. One day she brought a guy home and told me to find a place to stay.. That really hurts my feelings.. A few weeks later she filed for divorce. She told me that she did that because she felt bad about what she had done to me and I deserved better... I was so hurt and thought that was a good idea.. A few days later our marriage was dissolved and divorce degree was issued.(we were married for 2 yrs- I was supposed to filled for a joined petition this month) I filled for the waiver immediately by myself with the following documents/copies:

1. Divorce decree.

2. Tax returns, pay stubs, and W-2 forms.

3. Love cards and letter.

4. Dogs vaccinations bills and rabies certificates.

5. Children school work, lunch bills, and progress reports.

6. Vacations: bills and rentals, and receipts.

7. Adoption paperwork.

8. Cards and pictures from our daughter's adoptive family.

9. A Lot of pictures

10. Internet bills,.

11. Residential lease

12. Life insurance policy.

13. Affidavits: from her dad, her mom, the family that adopted our daughter and 3 friends.

14. Electricity-energy bills.

15. Joint Account bank statements.

16. Debit cards from the joint account

17. Drivers licenses- indicating that she and I had same last names

18. Miscellaneous documents and information

19. My birth certificate

20. her birth certificate

21. Conditional residency card

22. Emails from her lawyer

23. A present I bought online for my step daughter

24. Order form from buying a key chain for her

25. Order form from engagement for ring.

I filled a week ago and yet to receive an NOA. Please share your view. Thanks

ROC (Divorce Waiver)- CSC

2/14/14- Filed for Divorce

2/28/14- Sent I751 Packet (divorce pending)

3/3/14- NOA1 (receipt date)

3/5/14- Check Cashed & NOA1 Received in the Mail

3/6/14- GC Expired

3/11/14- Received Biometrics Appt. Letter (for 3/28)

3/21/14- Biometrics (done 1 week early)

5/20/14- RFE received for divorce decree/more evidence

8/8/14- Submitted further evidence, no divorce decree yet

9/12/14- I751 Denial received

10/8/14- Divorce finalized

10/14/14- Sent I751 Packet again, with divorce decree! (Refiling)

10/15/14- NOA1 (receipt date)

10/17/14- Check Cashed

11/03/14- Biometrics Done

3/6/14- 1 Year Extension Expired

3/24/15- I551 Stamp in Passport (1 year extension)

4/16/15- APPROVED! E-mail & Text Received

4/20/15- Approval Letter Received via Mail

4/25/15- GC in hand! Happy Birthday to me! :)

Just to update my info. I got NOA and hence one year extension of my GC. A week a go I got a biometric appointment in a weeks time, 1/22/2014.

Thanks sunshinex16 for your encouragement. I hope thinks work out for you too

Thanks sunshinex16 for your encouragement. I hope thinks work out for you too

I received an interview notice for February 12th at 9:30am in St Albans, VT.

The letter said "You and your spouse" must attend. Obviously i dont have a spouse any more so can i go alone? I called and tier 1 didn't have any more information on it than i did and tier 2 was out for the rest of the day due to the storm coming in. They put in a service request with my question but they probably wont get back to me in time.

CR-1
07-01-2011 : Married

05-10-2012 : I-130 Mailed to London (DCF)
05-11-2012 : I-130 Delivered and signed for at Embassy
05-18-2012 : NOA1 Email
07-26-2012 : NOA2 (69 days)
07-28-2012 : NOA2 hard copy received
08-10-2012 : LND Case number received. Letter dated 08-07-2012
08-15-2012 : DS-230 and DS-2001 mailed to Embassy
08-23-2012 : Medical
09-14-2012 : Emailed Embassy and confirmed DS forms have finally been logged (After 29 days)
09-22-2012 : Interview letter received. Dated September 19th.
10-03-2012 : Interview - Approved!
NOA1 to Interview - 138 days.
10-10-2012 : Passport with Visa delivered two hours late at 8pm.
10-22-2012 : POE Philadelphia
11-15-2012 : Green Card received in mail
12-11-2012 : Went to the Social Security office to apply for SSN after it did not arrive.
12-15-2012 : SSN Arrived in 4 days.

05-09-2013 : Left USC Husband.
11-28-2013: Filed for divorce.

05-01-2014: Divorced

05-08-2014: Sent I-751 petition to VSC

05-13-2014: NOA1 (was not postmarked until 5/22/14 and received on 5/24/14)
06-18-2014: Biometrics in St. Albans, VT

11-21-2014: RFE. Received on 11/24/14.

01-22-2015: Interview notice mailed out. Received 1/26/15

02-12-2015: Interview in St Albans, VT - Approved during interview!

CRBA
08-16-2012 : CRBA in London for our daughter - Approved!
09-11-2012 : CRBA and Passport arrived.
09-25-2012 : SSN Arrived. Mailed from MD on 09-17-2012

• 2 weeks later...

Nice! Almost there, now just wait (not so patiently) and you'll get good news soon!

I did my biometric today. Now crossing my fingers.

3/6/14- GC Expired

10/17/14- Check Cashed

Hi Holly!

You filed the i-751 with a request for a waiver right? That's strange that they're asking for your spouse aka: "ex" spouse to join you! Did you provide the divorce decree? The only thing I can think of is if you didn't provide it, they think you're still married and filed incorrectly….I hope you can get a hold of a tier 2 rep/officer and get a straight answer!!! Keep us updated, good luck!!

The letter said "You and your spouse" must attend. Obviously i dont have a spouse any more so can i go alone? I called and tier 1 didn't have any more information on it than i did and tier 2 was out for the rest of the day due to the storm coming in. They put in a service request with my question but they probably wont get back to me in time.

3/6/14- GC Expired

10/17/14- Check Cashed

don't worry about this phrase it's like same letter they sent it to everyone; so you can go alone

ggod luck

hi every body

i"m new on this forum i applied for I751 self petition

so i passed recently the interview and i", still waiting

I did file with a waiver and i did submit my divorce decree. The problem is, they refused to accept my decree because it had blacked out lines on it. I did one of those DIY divorce package things with no attorney which is perfectly fine in NY. The judge just blacks out things that are not relevant for that particular case. They threw a fit over at at my biometrics appointment. So when they sent me an RFE(they requested a divorce decree without blacked out lines, nothing else), i sent another one, still blacked out with a letter from the judge. He had stamped it with the county seal on every page and made it all official. So when i received the interview notice i contacted the court again and they refused to do anything to fix it. So i contacted the County Clerk who has been wonderful. He has managed to convince the judges attorney and the judge to completely re-do my divorce, completely for free in a week and a half. So i should hopefully be able to pick it up early next week. Im going in to see him tomorrow to hopefully get a date when it will be done. Im hoping that i will then have what they want and they can get rid of me and give me the damn card!

CR-1
07-01-2011 : Married

05-10-2012 : I-130 Mailed to London (DCF)
05-11-2012 : I-130 Delivered and signed for at Embassy
05-18-2012 : NOA1 Email
07-26-2012 : NOA2 (69 days)
07-28-2012 : NOA2 hard copy received
08-10-2012 : LND Case number received. Letter dated 08-07-2012
08-15-2012 : DS-230 and DS-2001 mailed to Embassy
08-23-2012 : Medical
09-14-2012 : Emailed Embassy and confirmed DS forms have finally been logged (After 29 days)
09-22-2012 : Interview letter received. Dated September 19th.
10-03-2012 : Interview - Approved!
NOA1 to Interview - 138 days.
10-10-2012 : Passport with Visa delivered two hours late at 8pm.
10-22-2012 : POE Philadelphia
11-15-2012 : Green Card received in mail
12-11-2012 : Went to the Social Security office to apply for SSN after it did not arrive.
12-15-2012 : SSN Arrived in 4 days.

05-09-2013 : Left USC Husband.
11-28-2013: Filed for divorce.

05-01-2014: Divorced

05-08-2014: Sent I-751 petition to VSC

05-13-2014: NOA1 (was not postmarked until 5/22/14 and received on 5/24/14)
06-18-2014: Biometrics in St. Albans, VT

11-21-2014: RFE. Received on 11/24/14.

01-22-2015: Interview notice mailed out. Received 1/26/15

02-12-2015: Interview in St Albans, VT - Approved during interview!

CRBA
08-16-2012 : CRBA in London for our daughter - Approved!
09-11-2012 : CRBA and Passport arrived.
09-25-2012 : SSN Arrived. Mailed from MD on 09-17-2012

Hello friends,

I am waiver filer too. My case is a bit harder because my wife and I were living apart even while we were married. She was going to college in a different city. My application was sent to Vermont center by my attorney in Septermber, 2014. It was supposed to go to CSC but my attorney mistakenly sent it to Vermont center. I did my biometric in October and still waiting to hear from them. Here is the list of evidence that I submitted.

- Few pictures (I have many pictures but my attorney said I need to send only a few)

- Several plane tickets of trips that we took to see eachother

- Joint bank account statements

- Joint income tax returns for the past 3 years

- Joint car loan

- Joint medical insurance

- Several medical bills for her that my insurance paid

- Records of thousands of facebook messages and emails that I sent her over the years from when we started dating to the time we got married

- 5 affidavits from her close relatives and mu friends attesting that our marriage was in good faith

Here is my story in a bit more detail for anyone interested. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/534976-badly-need-advice/

Good luck everyone!!

don't worry about this phrase it's like same letter they sent it to everyone; so you can go alone

ggod luck

hi every body

i"m new on this forum i applied for I751 self petition

so i passed recently the interview and i", still waiting

When was your interview? How did it go?

Edited by waiting_for_aos

Hello friends,

I am waiver filer too. My case is a bit harder because my wife and I were living apart even while we were married. She was going to college in a different city. My application was sent to Vermont center by my attorney in Septermber, 2014. It was supposed to go to CSC but my attorney mistakenly sent it to Vermont center. I did my biometric in October and still waiting to hear from them. Here is the list of evidence that I submitted.

- Few pictures (I have many pictures but my attorney said I need to send only a few)

- Several plane tickets of trips that we took to see eachother

- Joint bank account statements

- Joint income tax returns for the past 3 years

- Joint car loan

- Joint medical insurance

- Several medical bills for her that my insurance paid

- Records of thousands of facebook messages and emails that I sent her over the years from when we started dating to the time we got married

- 5 affidavits from her close relatives and mu friends attesting that our marriage was in good faith

Here is my story in a bit more detail for anyone interested. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/534976-badly-need-advice/

Good luck everyone!!

When was your interview? How did it go?

my interview was on 1.22.2015

it wasn't that bad i was there with my lawyer it was about 20 min but with the stress it looked like 20 hours

the officer asked me about my ex Relationship: when and where we met , marriage date, divorce date ,how it was the relation, why turn it to divorce; some questions about his work and my work and if i wanna add some other information

anyway the interview is a good opportunity to more explain your situation

good luck

my interview was on 1.22.2015

it wasn't that bad i was there with my lawyer it was about 20 min but with the stress it looked like 20 hours

the officer asked me about my ex Relationship: when and where we met , marriage date, divorce date ,how it was the relation, why turn it to divorce; some questions about his work and my work and if i wanna add some other information

anyway the interview is a good opportunity to more explain your situation

good luck

Thank you for providing me with these details. I hope they give me a chance to interview before they deny my case. Lets us know when you get approved. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.