bruno89

From Visa Waiver to AOS question about fee and files

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Hi how are you doing you all?

I am adjusting from a Visa Waiver program to adjustment of status to reside and stay in USA with my wife ,she is american and we married now ,i didnt intended to come to USA to get married at all ,it just happened and now we want to put my papers,therefore i have a few questions:

What documents do i need to file and also whats the name of the one from the doctor?

And also how much money for each document and how do i write the checks?With the total amount or just seperate checks for each document? and if i reside in South Carolina where do i send all the AOS package?

Thank you very much

The guide for AOS is here...AOS Guide link

I believe that answers all your questions...if you have more, post and I will help you as best I can!

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

also after you send the package on ups how u able to fallow it online like most poeple do?

You need to file the I-765 only if you want to work while you're waiting for your GC. It's free when you file your other paperwork so it could be worth it for you, if you have any delays for any reason.

I think there is a form you can fill out now to receive email updates-someone else may know more on this because it wasn't available when we filed. Otherwise, once your receipt notices come, they will have numbers on them that you can track through the USCIS website. Good luck! Do lots of research and reading. ;)

24q38dy.jpg

Timeline

Thank you very much=)

Im also having doubts on where they ask from what type of visa did i had ,what do i say?I cant seem to find anything saying as a option Visa Waiver?

And if i live in Greenville,South Carolina could you tell me please the adress where to send my package and all the papers?

And the total of fees ,do i write individual checks or a total check?And how much are the checks?Thank you so much once again and im not applying to travel whille im waiting for the process ,also how it work the i-765?i receive a letter from them saying i can work and get a social or what?

In order to follow your application online, you can sign up here https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do once you have your NOA with your receipt number (which is usually within 2 weeks of sending the application).

When you entered the US the last time, you entered on the visa waiver program, which means you did not have any visa. So that is the answer to that question. None. You will have to include a copy of the I-94 (stapled to your passport) in your AOS package as well as a copy of your passport, so it will be obvious to them that you entered under the visa waiver program.

As to your question where to send your AOS, please look at this link:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=c67c7f9ded54d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=dd346d26d17df110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

Note: If Form I-130 is being filed concurrently with Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, submit both forms to the USCIS Chicago Lockbox.

USCIS

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4120

For Express mail and courier deliveries:

USCIS

Attn: FBAS

131 South Dearborn- 3rd Floor

Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Filing Fee :

$355

For your question about the fees and how to pay them, please see this link:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Petition for Alien Relative I-130 $355

Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status I-485 $1,010 ($930 plus a biometrics fee of $80). Exceptions apply. See "Special Instructions" for more.

So you write one check for $355 with the subject "fee for I-130" and one for $1010 with the subject "fee for I-485 and biometrics).

The fees for the I-765 are included in the above mentioned fees (if you file I-130 and I-1485 at the same time) and once they approve this, you will receive a letter with your employment authorization card and with this you can go to your nearest social security office and apply for the social security number/card, which will take another couple of weeks.

I wish you good luck and hope this helps!

Shoot for the moon - even if you miss, you'll land among the stars...

AOS completed in 11/2009

ROC completed in 06/2012
Received BBG from Germany in 02/2013

Passed N-400 interview and civics test 06/07/2013

Oath ceremony some time in July

Timeline

Thank you very much for all the help,you all are the best=)

so i send the i-130 and i-145 for one adress and the rest to another one like the biometrics and the rest?wouldnt that be a problem since all the documents woul be sent to different adresses?

Thank you very much for all the help,you all are the best=)

so i send the i-130 and i-145 for one adress and the rest to another one like the biometrics and the rest?wouldnt that be a problem since all the documents woul be sent to different adresses?

I am not sure if I understand your question.

You send the I-130 and the I-485 with the supporting forms (like the G-325a for both you and your spouse, I-131, I-765 and the medical I-693)and supporting documents (marriage certificate, photos of you, joint finances,...)to the address I linked to in my previous post.

Everything is sent together and makes 1 big package. And don't forget to copy everything before you send it, for your own files and the interview.

If this doesn't answer your question, could you rephrase it? I am not sure what you mean by sending the biometrics and the rest?

AOS completed in 11/2009

ROC completed in 06/2012

Timeline

You pretty much answered me ,just to make sure again ,if i live in South Carolina then i send all the documents ,papers and checks with the payed fees to this adress if i use UPS:

USCIS

Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Let me know and thank you so much!

You pretty much answered me ,just to make sure again ,if i live in South Carolina then i send all the documents ,papers and checks with the payed fees to this adress if i use UPS:

USCIS

Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Let me know and thank you so much!

Yes, that is correct :thumbs:

Good luck!

AOS completed in 11/2009

ROC completed in 06/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.