MrSamurai

Expired Visa travel within U.S. ?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

Hello guys :)

My wife got married on March 22 but her VISA expired after March 13.

I send out the I-130 package two months ago and still waiting.

I want to bring her home to see my parents who live in California.

We have to fly since we live in Maryland, driving will be more than 24 hours.

So here is the question, I hear you can fly within U.S. with a expired VISA?

As long you have a government issuied passport with ID you will be fine?

Is it true? Can my wife go home with me with out get deport?

Thank you guys :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Theoretically they are not to check a person's immigration status when going through airport security....

What visa did she arrive on... and did her visa expire or did her I-94 expire? (subtle but important difference)

YMMV

Timeline

Theoretically they are not to check a person's immigration status when going through airport security....

What visa did she arrive on... and did her visa expire or did her I-94 expire? (subtle but important difference)

her I-94 expired on March 13 but VISA I don't know, She came here with J1 working VISA and then change to H1 Vistor VISA I believe.

I tought I-94 and VISA is the same thing? I am sorry O_O I am totally new at this.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

her I-94 expired on March 13 but VISA I don't know, She came here with J1 working VISA and then change to H1 Vistor VISA I believe.

I tought I-94 and VISA is the same thing? I am sorry O_O I am totally new at this.

Visa and I-94 are very different... A visa gives you permission to present yourself at the border to request entry into the country. The I-94 gives you permission to stay inside the country for a designated period of time. You could present yourself to the border on the last day of visa validity and be given an I-94 to authorize you to stay for xx days which would be well beyond the visa date.

H-1 is a working visa so i assume you mean she adjusted to B2 visitor visa.

Besides the I-130 did you also submit the I-485?

YMMV

Timeline

Visa and I-94 are very different... A visa gives you permission to present yourself at the border to request entry into the country. The I-94 gives you permission to stay inside the country for a designated period of time. You could present yourself to the border on the last day of visa validity and be given an I-94 to authorize you to stay for xx days which would be well beyond the visa date.

H-1 is a working visa so i assume you mean she adjusted to B2 visitor visa.

Besides the I-130 did you also submit the I-485?

Thank you so much for your answer it helps a lot and let me understand the differents of VISA and I-94, thank you.

We haven't send out the I-485 yet because she is pregnant now (about three months) She can't do the medical examination (I-693)with vaccine they are going to give her. I don't really know what I should do, we are going to get her pregnancy check tomorrow, I hear we can get a paper from her doctor says we can do I-485 without medical examination?

Filed: Other Timeline

The visa is for visiting the USA. It's like an entry pass to Disneyland. Once you are in, you can take as many rides as you like, but if you leave and want to get back in, you need a hand stamp.

For travel within the USA, all she needs is some form of identification. Her passport is the ideal document for that.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I guess I am confused even more - you've set 'K-3 visa' for your visa type. This would be a great time to fill out yer timeline at http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=83029 , so it becomes clear for anyone trying to help you, exactly what you've filed for.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

The visa is for visiting the USA. It's like an entry pass to Disneyland. Once you are in, you can take as many rides as you like, but if you leave and want to get back in, you need a hand stamp.

For travel within the USA, all she needs is some form of identification. Her passport is the ideal document for that.

ah thank you :) This is the answer I am really looking for :) Thank you.

I guess I am confused even more - you've set 'K-3 visa' for your visa type. This would be a great time to fill out yer timeline at http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=83029 , so it becomes clear for anyone trying to help you, exactly what you've filed for.

sorry I didn't noticed I was still using the wrong status, let me edit, thanks for the reminder.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.