Rezandy

I-129f Approved, now what?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Our I-129f petition has just been approved according to the USCIS website but we haven't received the NOA2 yet. We just want to know what to expect and what we should be doing in the meantime? My fiance needs to start filling out the I-134, the only issue is she just graduated from college and is waiting to hear if she has been accepted into grad school. She is currently not working and has not had a job in the last 4 years. She doesn't really know what to put on the I-134 since she is not currently employed. We have a Co-sponsor, who is filling out a I-134 as well, do you think her not being employed will be a huge issue?

Appreciate all responses, thanks!

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Vancouver, Canada

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-01-19

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-05-24(APPROVED)

Packet 3 Received : 2010-06-23

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-06-24

Medical Date: 2010-07-14

Interview Date : 2010-07-20

Interview Result : PASSED!!

Visa Received : 2010-07-29

US Entry : 2010-08-07

Marriage : 2010-08-24

Estimates/Stats : I-129f was approved in 125 days from your NOA1 date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi, congrats on the approval!

Be useful if you could fill in your profile so we know which consulate you'll be going to - various consulates have different requirements, so would just help us to give you more specific answers. I'm going through London, so only really know what's required based on that embassy.

Generally though, you should start preparing all the evidence you might need for the interview - again, this depends on the consulate, but will include things like police certificates, birth certificates, passport photos, plus the I-134 which you're already thinking about.

For the I-134, as long as your co-sponsor meets the required income levels, then your fiancee's unemployment will not be a problem.

I hope that helps for now, once you let us know which embassy you're going through then we can give you specifics & hopefully give you some links to look at. Good luck!

See Profile for full K-1 timeline...summary:

11 Jan 10 - I-129f Sent

17 Jun 2010 - Interview...APPROVED!

17 Jul 2010 - LHR to ATL. POE: JFK

10 Sep 2010 - Wedding

23 Oct 2010 - Filed for AOS, EAD & AP

29 Mar 2011 - APPROVED!!! (2 NOAs for medical info)

04 Apr 2011 - GC In Hand.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Now, you wait again. It's sad but true.

They will send your file to NVC now and it will be processed there and then shipped off to the consulate. My file took almost 2 months to complete this step of things. NVC had my file for 2 days and sent it and then it was almost 2 months before it was worked on. But now, things are moving again.

Once it is opened and started at the consulate you will either receive a packet of papers to fill out or a phone call to get your email to send it to you electronically.

Then you will fill all that out, make the medical appointment, and gather all your evidence and paperwork needed for the interview. Once that is all together you contact the consulate to set up the interview.

At least, that's how things have gone for us.

In the meantime, you can feel free to call the Department of State at 202-663-1225 (when it picks up choose option 1 and then press 0) and wait for a half hour to talk to someone who will then tell you that the case has been sent and is not yet opened. LOL They told me that even on the same day that my fiance got the phone call and email. As a matter of fact, I just called to see what they would say and they STILL say that Algeria has not received the physical file... and he's already been to his medical appointment. LOL I have found calling the DOS useless, but I still called a couple of times a week just hoping for news.

Best of luck!

Timeline

I've updated my profile, thanks for the tip! I'm grateful for everybody's advice, any links to help further us in this process is appreciated.

Thanks you guys

K-1 Visa

Once the file has left the USCIS office, the NVC will work on it before assigning a new case number and shipping it to the appropriate embassy. You might want to check the guides on the specific embassy for your application as time lines vary among the different embassies. Contacting the state department at this point is fruitless until you have the new case number. Then you can write/email the embassy directly with the name of the applicant and the case number.

But rest assured in knowing that the state department is a little quicker than USCIS. Your fiance should fill out the I-134 in addition to that of your sponsor. Now is the time to review the guidelines of the remaining items to accumulate and tasks to complete. There are police reports to obtain, documents to get translated (in most cases), the requirements of the embassy (packet 1 & 2) and final fees to be prepared for (see new visa fees).

And then of course there are the plans for arrival, reunion, and marriage. Those should be the priorities now.

Since your fiance is planning of attending school and currently doesn't work, the sponsor is very important.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

In Canada the consulate will contact you about the interview - you don't contact them. Once you send back your checklist this will let them know you are ready to be scheduled. From the info you have set up it looks like you live in the west and are interviewing in Vancouver, it doesn't take them long to schedule you (think a month or so).

You may want to have a look at the VJ Wiki page for Canada. You can view the pkt three checklist there also tells you which police check you need etc.

One other thing, when you go for the medical, make sure you get a copy of the vaccination worksheet - it seems to be a recurring problem with Canadians not receiving one.

See this thread for an example.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Thank you everybody, this information is exactly what I needed.

K-1 Visa

I have a question about things after the NOA2 has been received...the guide that I found to be directed to was for the I-130 (http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut) , but it has been sounding like for the I-129 the NVC sends the package on to the consulate very soon after receiving it...I'm confused basically. Is the guide I gave to be followed for the I-129 as well or just the I-130?

Edited by jandr

K-1 Visa:

04-15-2010: I-129 sent / 04-22: I-129 / 04-25: NOA 1 / 05-26: Touch / 05-27: Touch / 06-30: NOA 2 / 07-12: Packet leaves NVC / 07-14: Packet at embassy in Vienna / 07-27: Packet 3 / 07-30: DS-230 Pt 1 to embassy in Vienna / 08-16: Checklist to embassy in Vienna / 08-18: Packet 4 / 08-19: Medical Exam / 09-13: Interview at embassy in Vienna -> APPROVED / 11-13: POE Chicago O'Hare / 01-01-2011: Wedding

AOS, EAD, AP:

02-22, 2011: AOS, EAD, AP sent / 02-24: file delivered to USCIS / 02-28: e-mail notification file was received / 03-04: 3 NOAs / 03-08: e-mail notification RFE for AOS / 03-11: RFE for AOS & biometrics appointment for 04-06 / 03-17: RFE reply sent / 03-19: notice left at the PO Box for arrival of reply to RFE / 03-21: RFE reply delivered to USCIS / 03-23: RFE Review / 04-06: Biometrics Appointment / 04-15: AOS file transfer to CSC / 04-18: AP approved, EAD card production ordered / 04-19: AOS touch / 04-21: AOS file received by CSC; EAD card prduction ordered (again?) / 04-22: AOS touch / 04-28: EAD moved to Post-decision activity / 05-12-2011: AOS approved; card production ordered; no interview or stamp in passport

ROC:

03-27-2013: ROC sent / 04-02: NOA / 04-05: check cashed / 04-08: NOA in mail / 05-07: Biometrics Appointment

US Consulate do not want people to establish family. They will denied your fiance visa so they can collect more money for fees. The consulate employees make 54 to 74k a year tax free. They love control over people lives by not approving visa for family and spouse to be together. I very disappointed in US government. Now I can see other countries values on family are way better.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.