one...two...tree

A Plea to Long Time, Level-Headed Members Who Still Post Here

414 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

..............This is a breaking News Flash............Site Discussion has been taken over by Off Topic................we will try to have the situation under control as soon as possible...............until then continue to post your pertinent on topic comments and we will do our best to filter through to them.............

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

..............This is a breaking News Flash............Site Discussion has been taken over by Off Topic................we will try to have the situation under control as soon as possible...............until then continue to post your pertinent on topic comments and we will do our best to filter through to them.............

i sure hope obama can do something about this once he takes office. :hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I just found this thread but just from my experience here in OT...

I have pretty much stopped posting except for maybe one thread (C4C) due to the fact that left and right I'm getting offended by posts. There's blatant racism/prejudice/stereotyping in a great majority of OT threads (most can agree with me, these individuals try to say it's not racism/prejudice, but it's obvious). If every thread I go in, there's posts stereotyping my race/culture/religion etc., why would I want to post there? I understand we have to have thick skin around here, but geez, I'd need a tar coating on my skin to not get offended by these posts.

For example, the comment that was just made saying that "Puerto Ricans should just be shipped back to Puerto Rico because they're not real citizens anyway." Is this for real? Way to insult someone's background.

I'm just saying... when people don't feel comfortable or they can't debate without insults being thrown around (racially or not) why would they want to post here?

And I thought there was a policy on racism in the forums?

That is my problem with the TOS as it stands. Being allowed to voice one's opinion is only acceptable IF IT CONFORMS WITH THE TOS ON RACISM. If not, it should be auto deleted. The alternative is to change the TOS to allow for people to voice racist and bigoted opinions. Personally, I prefer the latter, but I know that is not acceptable to the majority - I prefer the latter because I like to know the real person but I understand that allowing racists to post their views unchecked makes for a very unwelcoming forum and this is meant to be a forum where everyone from any part of the world feels comfortable posting and gathering information.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

There is, and it is enforced intermittently.

Its actually up to us to see that its enforced. Its not like their is a racist filter on VJ. The mods need us to report threads that contain racism, they can't be everywhere at once.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Its actually up to us to see that its enforced. Its not like their is a racist filter on VJ. The mods need us to report threads that contain racism, they can't be everywhere at once.

:thumbs: we have a winner. mods can't read all of vj.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

No the real problem is that there are mods who do not understand that promoting the 'white guilt' fallacy and the 'reverse racism' idiocy and the 'race card' response are, more often than not promoting bigotry and racism.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Timeline

:lol: i was just thinking this is where the classic

*** topic closed for review ***

was about to be posted.

7yqZWFL.jpg

That is my problem with the TOS as it stands. Being allowed to voice one's opinion is only acceptable IF IT CONFORMS WITH THE TOS ON RACISM. If not, it should be auto deleted. The alternative is to change the TOS to allow for people to voice racist and bigoted opinions. Personally, I prefer the latter, but I know that is not acceptable to the majority - I prefer the latter because I like to know the real person but I understand that allowing racists to post their views unchecked makes for a very unwelcoming forum and this is meant to be a forum where everyone from any part of the world feels comfortable posting and gathering information.

Can you provide an example of this? That is, an example of what you deem racist.

After all, even a discussion about gangs, in particular along the racial lines they themselves are grouped and divided by is deemed racist by 'some'. Or should those with a clue just classify them as Americans? Should we also just sit back and watch group after group that is distinguished along racial lines make POV, yet God forbid anyone Caucasian makes a statement- that's racist. In other words what one deems racist is not racist by others. Much like comments hating on religion are no big deal to some yet quite offensive to others.

Clear cut racism is statement like: XYZ race are stupid

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Can you provide an example of this? That is, an example of what you deem racist.

After all, even a discussion about gangs, in particular along the racial lines they themselves are grouped and divided by is deemed racist by 'some'. Or should those with a clue just classify them as Americans? Should we also just sit back and watch group after group that is distinguished along racial lines make POV, yet God forbid anyone Caucasian makes a statement- that's racist. In other words what one deems racist is not racist by others. Much like comments hating on religion are no big deal to some yet quite offensive to others.

Clear cut racism is statement like: XYZ race are stupid

BY, you do understand that I don't make the decisions as to what is and isn't racist? Generally speaking, racist and bigoted comments are quite clear cut and are not simply confined to insults on the lines of 'xy are stupid' but for you to see that, you have to be in a position of not being influenced by racism.

No the real problem is that there are mods who do not understand that promoting the 'white guilt' fallacy and the 'reverse racism' idiocy and the 'race card' response are, more often than not promoting bigotry and racism.

No such thing as reverse racism. What the term refers to is people who cry racism any chance they get, yet are racist towards others themselves.

White guilt refers to people who seem to think they are on some sort of sanctimonious crusade, to correct the wrongs of the past.

The race card refers to people whose every and any response to an issue, to a discussion, is to accuse others of being racist.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

By the way, your 'gang' example is one of the most notorious racist theories out there. You figure some how that you can make general comments about the likelihood of people of various ethnic groups in the general population being criminals based on the make up of a minute section of the population. Until you can work out why this is unacceptable, you have really no hope of understanding why such statements are bigoted.

No such thing as reverse racism. What the term refers to is people who cry racism any chance they get, yet are racist towards others themselves.

White guilt refers to people who seem to think they are on some sort of sanctimonious crusade, to correct the wrongs of the past.

The race card refers to people whose every and any response to an issue, to a discussion, is to accuse others of being racist.

I know you don't get it BY, but as you are not a moderator, I don't expect you to.

Edited by Madame Cleo

Filed: Timeline

The "race card" card is more often thrown out by racists or apologists of racists to automatically dismiss an accusation of racism. What better way to marginalize those who seek to expose racism?

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.