bmagno23

EVIDENCE OF CURRENT SUSTAINED INCOME

122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi TONI!

I'm starting to get crazy! :wacko:

When I made the call on 3012000, that's what they told me, they dont have any access on the status of any case, they told me to call that 1-909 customer service here in P.I.. But it's so hard to find a telephone where we can make a call, and they said it's so expensive like Php 50.00+ per minute on any IDD postpaid PLDT phone(most of the phones now are prepaid which you cannot use to call that customer service) One of the way to know your status is try to call NVC in US at 603 334 0700 if ur in US or the 1-888 cust service. I really dont know what to think anymore, everything's hard for us. I'm stressed for 2 weeks now, restless. :(

The CO requested as to submit evidence of current sustained income. Upon reading some of the cases on VJ, there are cases that CO are still unhappy with the papers they submitted, we should really convince them that you are making enough money. It will still depend on the consul who will review our case.

Just message me TONI if u wanna ask more, it's my pleasure to share my bit idea regarding this matter.

Goodluck to all of us!

SHERRYL

Hey Sherryl!

2 weeks? OMG. That's way too long... I'm surprised that you haven't pulled your hair out by now. My friend suggested me to do this - - - Dial 3012000 press 7 then 5184 or 5185. How much a minute does it cost to call the 1-900 number? What documents did you lack? I'm hoping to get mine next week because the CO specified that all he wanted to see were pay stubs. Please do tell me, I'd love to hear from you.

Toni

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey, hang in there. You can send me messages even if I'm offline just so you can vent. wink.gif Thanks for all the useful information, Sherryl. In that case, I'll have Jordan place the call since the accessible one is a U.S number. My mom pays for my cellphone bill so I don't think she'll be too happy about me spending that much on calls. lol. I know that it's easier said than done but try not to dwell on it and think about your options.

Oh okay. What I wonder if the CO who interviewed me will be the same CO who'll review my case or if it will be assigned to a random CO. I'll keep my fingers crossed for us both. I've only waited for 3 days so far and it's already beginning to get to me so I have no idea what it's like to be in your shoes. Thanks for supplying me all the information. I appreciate it. I'll surely keep in touch! good.gif

Keep safe!

Toni

Hi TONI!

I'm starting to get crazy! :wacko:

When I made the call on 3012000, that's what they told me, they dont have any access on the status of any case, they told me to call that 1-909 customer service here in P.I.. But it's so hard to find a telephone where we can make a call, and they said it's so expensive like Php 50.00+ per minute on any IDD postpaid PLDT phone(most of the phones now are prepaid which you cannot use to call that customer service) One of the way to know your status is try to call NVC in US at 603 334 0700 if ur in US or the 1-888 cust service. I really dont know what to think anymore, everything's hard for us. I'm stressed for 2 weeks now, restless. :(

The CO requested as to submit evidence of current sustained income. Upon reading some of the cases on VJ, there are cases that CO are still unhappy with the papers they submitted, we should really convince them that you are making enough money. It will still depend on the consul who will review our case.

Just message me TONI if u wanna ask more, it's my pleasure to share my bit idea regarding this matter.

Goodluck to all of us!

SHERRYL

K-1 TIMELINE

2-12-10: I-129F arrived at CSC

2-16-10: NOA1 issued

2-20-10: NOA1 hard copy received

4-5-10: NOA2 issued

4-9-10: NOA2 hard copy received

4-26-10: Embassy sent Toni a letter

6-9 & 11-10: Medical at SLMEC - PASSED!

7-1-10: Interview - BLUE

7-6-10: Submitted additional evidence of current sustained income (paychecks)

7-13-10: Visa Approved! (FINALLY!!!)

7-19-10: Visa Issued!

7-21-10: VISA IN HAND! (Thank God! The wait is finally over.)

8-26-10: POE: LAX

10-29-10 Wedding

AOS & EAD TIMELINE

4-1-11: AOS Package arrived at Chicago Lockbox

5-2-11: NOA issued for AOS & EAD

5-6-11: NOA hard copy received for AOS & EAD

5-6-11: Biometrics appointment letter received

5-20-11: AOS Package was transferred to CSC

5-26-11: Biometrics appointment

5-26-11: EAD approved (that was faaaaaaasst!)

10-3-11: AOS finally approved!

Timeline

is there any payment when you received the letter and passport?

thanks, SHERRYL

no payment, made payment after goin to the disposition (when they approved it) and then went to seminar following week. keep your head up sherryl, you will recieve a letter, lets pray its a approval!! good luck guys!

Timeline

How about when ur fiancee received the package from air21, do u have to pay for the shipping?

Thanks, SHERRYL

no payment, made payment after goin to the disposition (when they approved it) and then went to seminar following week. keep your head up sherryl, you will recieve a letter, lets pray its a approval!! good luck guys!

Timeline

Thanks! Favorable results for us! good.gif

hi TONI,

Random CO will review our cases.

Goodluck!

Thanks, SHERRYL

K-1 TIMELINE

10-29-10 Wedding

AOS & EAD TIMELINE

Timeline

I am confused. I see many replies on this thread that refer to the I-134 as meeting 125%. I had read and/or heard that for the I-134, you only need 100% not 125%. For just the I-864, you need 125%. Is that true?

Also, how do assets affect the I-134? Meaning if your income is low, how do assests make up for that? Is there a formula?

Edited by ryanrec

Timeline

Your income must be 125% above the poverty line and it refers to the petitioner's gross income. For a K-1 visa, a co-sponsor is not likely considered for the I-134 (If the petitioner is a fresh graduate or is still in school then they consider it. This ultimately lies on the discretion of the consul.) but possible for the next process with the I-864. If you're in the military, they require you to be 100% above the poverty line.

I believe that assets help in a sense that they're supplementary evidence for your I-134 but you mainly have to prove that you're earning enough to support you and your fiancé. Prove that your monthly income can suffice so load up on your pay stubs because the consuls are much more focused on that.

I hope this helps! Good luck! good.gif

Toni

I am confused. I see many replies on this thread that refer to the I-134 as meeting 125%. I had read and/or heard that for the I-134, you only need 100% not 125%. For just the I-864, you need 125%. Is that true?

Also, how do assets affect the I-134? Meaning if your income is low, how do assests make up for that? Is there a formula?

Edited by JORDANTONI09

K-1 TIMELINE

10-29-10 Wedding

AOS & EAD TIMELINE

Timeline

Thanks for the information, but I just did find the website where I read before the following:

From: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html

Should K-1 fiancé(e) visa applicants use the I-864 or the I-134?

Since fiancé(e)s are nonimmigrant visa applicants, they should use the I-134. They will need to submit an I-864 to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) when they adjust status to conditional immigrant in the United States after they are married.

Do the same income requirements apply to all immigrant visa applicants even if they use the I-134?

No. The 125 percent minimum income requirement, the most recent year's tax return and other requirements only apply when an I-864 is needed. Applicants using the I-134 will need to show that their sponsor's income is 100 percent of federal poverty guidelines as required under Section 212(a)(4) of the INA.

Timeline

HI RYANREC!

ur right, it's confusing. but my friend alvarez which is a member of VJ gave me a copy of poverty guideline, and it's stated there that for I-134 it's 100% that u need, and 125% for I-864.

Regarding assets, don't have idea. Try to go online on USEM site maybe u can pick up some idea there.

So how's ur application now?

Goodluck!

Sherryl.

Timeline

HI bmagno!

Imagine this, til now I don't have my result :wacko:

Anyway, what how much did u pay after they approved ur visa? what are the side payments you made? after receiving the visa, u go to seminar? Is that the PIDOS seminar that ur fiancee need to attend before she leaves the country?

Thank you again bmagno for non stop helping people like me. :(

SHERRYL

Timeline

HI bmagno!

Imagine this, til now I don't have my result :wacko:

Anyway, what how much did u pay after they approved ur visa? what are the side payments you made? after receiving the visa, u go to seminar? Is that the PIDOS seminar that ur fiancee need to attend before she leaves the country?

Thank you again bmagno for non stop helping people like me. :(

SHERRYL

Hi Sherryl,

I was about to ask you regarding the status of your Visa, I don't know why it takes too long, maybe you should call them at least twice a week.

In my case, I paid Php. 256 upon delivery then after a week I went to Cebu to take the CFO seminar. There's also a center in manila, it depends on your preferred location w/c accessible to you.

FYI: the Seminar is required, you cannot leave the country if you don't have a CFO sticker attached on your passport. don't worry it will only take half day.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.