bmagno23

EVIDENCE OF CURRENT SUSTAINED INCOME

122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi guys...sorry for not replying back...im here in the philippines....look at this link sherryl...i responded there....

i was in the same situation sherryl....i had to come home.......

if you want to know what i went through....i replied to someones post here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/262022-k1-visa-denied-help-pls/

they are goin through the same situation.

take care guys!

HI bmagno!

that was amazing! congratulations to u and to u fiancee! i am happy for, after all the stressed and headache they gave you, u deserved the VISA! anyway, i just got home from the Embassy, i submitted my fiance updated bank statements, his lease agreements since he is renting his house in LA for $2,500 monthly, his 2008 Tax Return ( he filed extension for his 2009) and letter to explain everything. there's this mean lady to whom i submit the papers, kept on asking me why his 2008 tax return in not the same on what he stated on his letter. when i had my interview, the CO asked me to submit Current Sustained Income, so we submitted the latest, obviously 2008 Tax return is not related on his present income. it's been 2 years difference between 2008 and present 2010. so to make the story short, the lady don't want to accept my documents, but i insisted. i think i have point on that. there's a big possibility that a person had his losses 2 years ago but he can make it good after a year or two. and the lady said i just wait for my letter or they will call. she's so mean. even threaten me that it's not a good idea of submitting that document and that may cause to visa denial. crossfinger, just wait for the result, worse comes to worse, me and my fiance, since he is here in P.I. now will go to CO to explain everything. like u, we want to be together too. we're getting old, i'm 31 and my fiance is 33, how can we build a better family if we're far from each other?... wish us luck. congrats again! anyway i wanna know how long did it to know the result after u submitting ur docs?

thanks, enjoy ur stay.

Sherryl

Timeline

tnx sherryl...i know you and your fiance must be frustrated too...dont lose hope....if anything honestly i dont see why they are still denying you guys....your husband makes alot of money, i only make half what he makes!!! your husband is a realtor, what do they expect...i dont even know the in depth details of that job but it is common sense to know that the market is always unstable in the realtor world....but anyway dont worry too much ok. keep your head up...we both know how picky they are, manila embassy is one of the most strictest....and they are so frustrating too...especially if you get the picky CO....

it took us about 2 weeks till we got a response from when we submitted the so called required proof of more evidence of sustained income....the CO that initially interviewed my fiancee made it seem like we already got approved (hence, the last post from here stating we were waiting in the mail). they claimed it would take 3 business days if the "outcome-visa/no visa letter" is mailed in manila OR 7-10 business days if mailed to the province (anywhere but manila). we had ours mailed to the province since my fiance lives in the province.

and thats when we got that dreadful letter stating the denial...."likely to become public charge" and to go to the embassy at a stamped date to discuss why the CO did not approve it.

i encourage you and your fiance to go, that way you can explain to them your particular situation....even the consular stated that it was good i was there coz he even said himself that after hearing what i had to say....he was convinced that i was more then capable of supporting my future wife....he stated that what matters is now....our current situation and my current situation back in the states. he told me that if i was not there to state my side, they would have outright denied her the visa....tnk goodness the CO that finalized everything was very understanding. my fiance told me that previous to that when i was not in the philippines, her previous encounters with them were ridiculous...

tnx sherryl and best of luck....everything that shall be will come together eventually. =)

Timeline

tnx sherryl...i know you and your fiance must be frustrated too...dont lose hope....if anything honestly i dont see why they are still denying you guys....your husband makes alot of money, i only make half what he makes!!! your husband is a realtor, what do they expect...i dont even know the in depth details of that job but it is common sense to know that the market is always unstable in the realtor world....but anyway dont worry too much ok. keep your head up...we both know how picky they are, manila embassy is one of the most strictest....and they are so frustrating too...especially if you get the picky CO....

it took us about 2 weeks till we got a response from when we submitted the so called required proof of more evidence of sustained income....the CO that initially interviewed my fiancee made it seem like we already got approved (hence, the last post from here stating we were waiting in the mail). they claimed it would take 3 business days if the "outcome-visa/no visa letter" is mailed in manila OR 7-10 business days if mailed to the province (anywhere but manila). we had ours mailed to the province since my fiance lives in the province.

and thats when we got that dreadful letter stating the denial...."likely to become public charge" and to go to the embassy at a stamped date to discuss why the CO did not approve it.

i encourage you and your fiance to go, that way you can explain to them your particular situation....even the consular stated that it was good i was there coz he even said himself that after hearing what i had to say....he was convinced that i was more then capable of supporting my future wife....he stated that what matters is now....our current situation and my current situation back in the states. he told me that if i was not there to state my side, they would have outright denied her the visa....tnk goodness the CO that finalized everything was very understanding. my fiance told me that previous to that when i was not in the philippines, her previous encounters with them were ridiculous...

tnx sherryl and best of luck....everything that shall be will come together eventually. =)

Hi Bmagno,

I've got a text message yesterday from air21 that they received my docs from US Embassy and expect the delivery soon.. I'm a little bit worried at the same time happy. I'm worried because i don't know if it's approved or denied because according to your message it's either "outcome-visa/no visa letter" and happy because I've already got the result from them. My fiancee called again to the US embassy and told them that I received a text message from air21 and what does it mean, then the operator said that the consul might approve our visa. "hopefully" I'm still waiting with confusion...

my question is, did they send the "outcome-visa/no visa letter" through air21 together with your fiance's passport?

Thanks,

Timeline

Hi bmagno,

thank you so much for ur support, it's like we're in hell now waiting for the light. i got up 5am this morning and found myself crying, cause i dont know how we will leave w/out each other, how we will have family if we can't make this. it's crazy but that's how i feel. i will take ur advice, and as for now we will wait for their response. hopefully...

thank u again. and hope u post ur pic with ur fiancee, i'm always imaging how u and ur fiancee will look on ur wedding day. happy stay in P.I. anyway where is ur fiancee's province? she might be close to ours. i'm living in Bataan.

Thanks,

Sherryl

Timeline

Hi, I just received my passport along with my US visa today! yehey! i'm really happy thanks to all of you. especially this site VJ you really help a lot of people honestly. to sheryl, think positive and don't loose hope i know you can make it. take the advice of bmagno as your last resort in case your things don't work out right! again thanks. :) VJ :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Edited by k1member

Timeline

Hi, I just received my passport along with my US visa today! yehey! i'm really happy thanks to all of you. especially this site VJ you really help a lot of people honestly. to sheryl, think positive and don't loose hope i know you can make it. take the advice of bmagno as your last resort in case your things don't work out right! again thanks. :) VJ :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Hi k1,

congrats! i'm happy for u! u and bmagno deserves it! so for me ,i have to wait for 2 weeks, hopefully. please post pix of u and ur love, can't wait to see u on ur wedding day! congrats again, ur goin to start the new chapter of ur life soon.

Sherryl

Timeline

k1, congrats!!!!!!!!!!! and sherryl,you guys are next so keep your head up!!!! it will happen for you too. take care guys !!!

Hi bmagno

Hopefully... help me pray for it. thank u again. will let u know once i receive it.

Sherryl

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys!

I'm so glad that I stumbled across this thread since pink slips are flying around the Philippine forum and I can't help but feel a tinge of envy. I had my interview on July 1, 2010 and received a blue slip so I returned to the Embassy a few days ago on July 6, 2010 to submit my fiance's pay stubs. My interview went smoothly but then the CO just wanted to assure that my fiance has sustained income so I guess that's fair. I'm getting quite nervous since I don't know how long the processing period will take so I've been watching my phone like a hawk just in case I get a text. I'm relieved to see that I'm not going through this alone.

How soon did you guys hear from the Embassy? I asked the lady who received my documents for the Embassy's contact number and she handed me a 1-900 number. I'm thinking of calling them on Monday if I don't hear anything by Friday. I have the local number which was provided by a fellow VJ member so I'll try that as well.

Congratulations to magmay06! good.gif

Good luck to us all!

Toni

K-1 TIMELINE

2-12-10: I-129F arrived at CSC

2-16-10: NOA1 issued

2-20-10: NOA1 hard copy received

4-5-10: NOA2 issued

4-9-10: NOA2 hard copy received

4-26-10: Embassy sent Toni a letter

6-9 & 11-10: Medical at SLMEC - PASSED!

7-1-10: Interview - BLUE

7-6-10: Submitted additional evidence of current sustained income (paychecks)

7-13-10: Visa Approved! (FINALLY!!!)

7-19-10: Visa Issued!

7-21-10: VISA IN HAND! (Thank God! The wait is finally over.)

8-26-10: POE: LAX

10-29-10 Wedding

AOS & EAD TIMELINE

4-1-11: AOS Package arrived at Chicago Lockbox

5-2-11: NOA issued for AOS & EAD

5-6-11: NOA hard copy received for AOS & EAD

5-6-11: Biometrics appointment letter received

5-20-11: AOS Package was transferred to CSC

5-26-11: Biometrics appointment

5-26-11: EAD approved (that was faaaaaaasst!)

10-3-11: AOS finally approved!

Timeline

Hi guys!

I'm so glad that I stumbled across this thread since pink slips are flying around the Philippine forum and I can't help but feel a tinge of envy. I had my interview on July 1, 2010 and received a blue slip so I returned to the Embassy a few days ago on July 6, 2010 to submit my fiance's pay stubs. My interview went smoothly but then the CO just wanted to assure that my fiance has sustained income so I guess that's fair. I'm getting quite nervous since I don't know how long the processing period will take so I've been watching my phone like a hawk just in case I get a text. I'm relieved to see that I'm not going through this alone.

How soon did you guys hear from the Embassy? I asked the lady who received my documents for the Embassy's contact number and she handed me a 1-900 number. I'm thinking of calling them on Monday if I don't hear anything by Friday. I have the local number which was provided by a fellow VJ member so I'll try that as well.

Good luck to us all!

Toni

Hi Toni,

In my case after submitting the docs at the embassy, I received a text message from Air21 for about 7 working days. my fiancee called at the embassy after a week but the agent told her that it will take about 5 - 7 weeks. that's because they don't know the real status of your petition. I think the consul will review it after a few days and if it's good, you just wait for 7 to 10 days. just be patient and relax. It's going to be fine. :thumbs:

Timeline

Hello there!

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my plea for help. lol. The CO was rather nice to me and I was relieved that I didn't end up with the lady CO sharing the room with him. She was a piece of work! She reminded me of Cruella de Vil. blink.gif Did your fiance use the 1-900 number? That's what I was given but a friend of mine gave me a local number but I'm not certain if it's still the existing number since she got her visa a while back. Is it 3012000?

Okay then, I'll try not to yank my hair out till next week and keep my sanity intact for a bit. Thanks, k1member. kicking.gif I'll let you guys know if I receive anything by then. I'll tell my fiance about this tomorrow. He's doing a pretty good job at keeping me calm but obviously, I have slip ups. This information is a breath of fresh air to me.

I'm gonna go nod off for a bit. Congratulations on your approval! star_smile.gif Thanks a lot! good.gif

Toni

Hi Toni,

In my case after submitting the docs at the embassy, I received a text message from Air21 for about 7 working days. my fiancee called at the embassy after a week but the agent told her that it will take about 5 - 7 weeks. that's because they don't know the real status of your petition. I think the consul will review it after a few days and if it's good, you just wait for 7 to 10 days. just be patient and relax. It's going to be fine. :thumbs:

Edited by JORDANTONI09

K-1 TIMELINE

10-29-10 Wedding

AOS & EAD TIMELINE

Timeline

Hi guys!

Good luck to us all!

Toni

HI TONI!

In my case, I am waiting for almost 2 weeks now and no feedback yet, we're so worried, stressed and nervous, don't know what will be our result. I dont know if it's enough to the CO all the documents we sent. I tried the 3012000 US embassy number but the agent suggested to call the 1-909 too since the 3012000 dont have the access for the result of the visa.

Alright Toni, goodluck for both of us. I will let you know once we receive any info from them.

Sherryl

Timeline

yes they sent the outcome letter with her passport back to us through air 21

hi bmagno!

im back. =)

no result yet. )=

I just wanna ask u guys when you receive ur letter and passport w/ deny letter, do they ask u for any payment?

thanks.

Sherryl

Timeline

Hey Sherryl!

2 weeks? OMG. That's way too long... I'm surprised that you haven't pulled your hair out by now. My friend suggested me to do this - - - Dial 3012000 press 7 then 5184 or 5185. How much a minute does it cost to call the 1-900 number? What documents did you lack? I'm hoping to get mine next week because the CO specified that all he wanted to see were pay stubs. Please do tell me, I'd love to hear from you.

Toni

HI TONI!

In my case, I am waiting for almost 2 weeks now and no feedback yet, we're so worried, stressed and nervous, don't know what will be our result. I dont know if it's enough to the CO all the documents we sent. I tried the 3012000 US embassy number but the agent suggested to call the 1-909 too since the 3012000 dont have the access for the result of the visa.

Alright Toni, goodluck for both of us. I will let you know once we receive any info from them.

Sherryl

K-1 TIMELINE

10-29-10 Wedding

AOS & EAD TIMELINE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.