wantknow

A & S Interview Story

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My fiancé arrive at consulate at 7:45am and at 8:00am the SO come and check everyone's appointment papers and start 2 lines, one for marriage & fiancé visa & one line for visitor visa, they let them enter consulate and sit down and wait for 30 minutes. Then the CO's start to call for visitor visa 1st. and then they start calling for K1, K3s visas. After 1 hour of waiting my fiancé was called to the window by a lady to pay the fee were she took his passport & photos and told him to wait until they call him. This lady was very nice and helpful. The CO finally calls my fiancé to the window he was the last one to interview and this is how it went. A man calls him to the window and started the interview. He asked about 100 or more questions but it was like we were friends just having a conversation. This CO was joined by another CO, A lady and as he asked the questions and my fiancé answered he would close the microphone so my fiancé could not hear what they were saying and then he would type something into the computer. But he could hear some things that they said and he thinks they were trying to finds some reason to deny him. The CO asked questions like:

Were did you meet your fiancée?

Were did she go to elementary school?

Were did she go to middle school?

Were did she attend collage?

What is her father's name?

Does she live with him?

Were does she live?

How many children does she have?

Do they live with her?

Do you know how old she is?

Has she been here to Morocco to visit you?

How long did she stay?

Why doesn't she move here to Morocco to live?

What kind of work will you do if you get a visa to USA?

Do you know of any company's you can work for?

Were do she work?

What kind of work does she do?

Has your fiancée ever been arrested?

What is her ex-husbands name?

How long she has been divorced?

Don't you think your fiancée is too old for you?

How long have you known her?

Were will you get married?

The questions went on like this over and over; the CO would keep stopping and talking with the other CO and then type in the computer and then ask another question, My fiancé asked if the CO would like to see our proof and he said "No I have every thing right here". Finally the CO said "Let me see what you have to show me and he looked at the photos we have and the CO asked about 1 photo of me, my fiancé and his brother in law. The CO asked "who is the other guy in the photo?" My fiancé told him it was his brother in law. Then the CO asked " were does he live?" My fiancé answered "My sister & brother in law live in Germany". The CO replied "auhh"

The CO finally said to the other CO "okay let's finish this and told my fiancé that he would not be getting a visa today and gave him a letter of denial. The interview lasted about 3 hours long. They kept all papers sent in packet 3 & all translation papers, stamped my passport and never looked at any of the other documents or proof not even the I-134 with the proof.

My fiancé also notice that the CO had wrote 3 things down on a paper and put an X in red by these 3 things. The CO put everything in a red file.

One last note on this: I did email my congressman's office before this interview to give information about the case and today I called to talk with a representative. I'm not sure if this will help or not but we have to try! Hope this will help someone else going through this process.

Married:.................................08/02/11
I-130 Sent:.............................05/21/12

I-130 Packet Recv'd:..............05/23/12
I-130 Touched:.......................05/25/12
I-130 NOA 1:..........................06/02/12
I-130 RFE:..............................09/06/12
I-130 RFE Sent:......................09/14/12
I-130 RFE Recv'd: ..................09/18/12
I-130 Petition Denied:.............10/09/12
2nd USCIS I-130 Petition
I-130 Sent:......................................12/17/14
I-130 Packet Recv'd:.......................12/22/14
I-130 NOA 1:...................................12/24/14
I-130 NOA 2:................................... 05/19/15
I-130 NOA 2 Hardcopy Recv'd: ......05/22/15
I-130 Petition Sent to NVC:.............05/26/15
I-130 Petition Recv'd At NVC:........................06/02/15
Case No. assigned Recv'd over phone: ....... 06/16/15
NVC Welcome letter Recv'd: .........................06/19/15
Agent assigned: .............................................07/06/15
AOS fee paid: .................................................07/06/15
AOS confirmed paid: ......................................07/08/15
IV Bill Recv'd by email:....................................07/21/15
IV Bill paid online:............................................08/01/15
Submit DS-260:...............................................08/10/15
AOS & IV Packet sent:....................................08/11/15
Scanned Date:.................................................08/13/15
Case Completed:.............................................08/31/15
Medical Exam : ...............................................10/28/15
Interview Date: ................................................11/11/15
Interview Date Rescheduled By Consulate : .12/04/15
Results: Approved Admin Review / AP..........12/08/15

Case Returned to USCIS .................................05/17/16

Case Reaffirmed: ..............................................09/18/17

Case Forwarded to Consulate: ........................10/12/17

2nd Interview: ...................................................11/17/17

Case Updated By Consulate: ............................12/28/17

Case Status Changed to Issued: ......................12/29/17
Visa Ready Pick up at Aramex: .........................12/30/17
Visa In Hand: ............01/03/18

Timeline

im so sorry to hear about your experience with that consulate and there is nothing you can do even if you called your congress man or senator when i had my k-1 interview the interviewer told me i have the authority to deny you i was treated like a criminal i felt like i had to defend my self it was really bad that day he was laughing at our pictures making fun at our relationship i had 2 interviews and for the first time in my life i was treated like a criminal in the nice way but they forget that they are immigrants too so they know what it feels like to be away from the people you love im sorry again and i want to tell you there is nothing you can do exept getting married and filling again

a8jag8ru6way.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

first i want to say that im sorry about your interview and i also want to thank you for sharing your story with us here on vj all these interview reviews help out alot and i wish you good luck and i hope that everything makes a turn for the better.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I am sorry that he had a rough interview.

Knowing peoples elementary, middle school, and highschool names are just unrealistic and crazy.

I hope they call and give y'all good news soon!

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

stamped my passport - pardon, exactly what was the wording/verbiage/coding in that stamp?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I have to AGREE! Where someone went to Elementary school and middle school or high schol when we were kids do not prove if someone loves us because they may happen to have a great memory and the scoop that these questions will be asked. If we were not members here at VJ and try to help one another through topics such as A&S bad experience, we would NEVER know these questions would be asked and frankl, .my husband and I have never discussed my schooling. He knows I work at a great company and I didn't have to go to college thankfully, I got lucky.

Ifa man was going to con a woman for a visa, he would study hard and be prepared to pass...it's their game. Anyway, I hope this turns out to be a success story. Thanks for sharing.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm sorry that the interview wasn't good. It kind of sounds like they were trying to trip up your fiance with some of the questions.

I hope that things go good for you and your fiance. I have heard that Morocco was a hard consulate for K1 visas.

Thanks for sharing your story, I know that it has to be heart breaking...rose.gif

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Sorry to hear you had such a difficult time with your interview. Please keep us posted on your progress. It seems sometimes they make the decision to deny some people before they even answer their first question.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

If your petition does return your best bet is too marry in Morocco and withdraw the 1st petition. I feel your pain.

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Timeline

My fiancé arrive at consulate at 7:45am and at 8:00am the SO come and check everyone's appointment papers and start 2 lines, one for marriage & fiancé visa & one line for visitor visa, they let them enter consulate and sit down and wait for 30 minutes. Then the CO's start to call for visitor visa 1st. and then they start calling for K1, K3s visas. After 1 hour of waiting my fiancé was called to the window by a lady to pay the fee were she took his passport & photos and told him to wait until they call him. This lady was very nice and helpful. The CO finally calls my fiancé to the window he was the last one to interview and this is how it went. A man calls him to the window and started the interview. He asked about 100 or more questions but it was like we were friends just having a conversation. This CO was joined by another CO, A lady and as he asked the questions and my fiancé answered he would close the microphone so my fiancé could not hear what they were saying and then he would type something into the computer. But he could hear some things that they said and he thinks they were trying to finds some reason to deny him. The CO asked questions like:

Does she live with him?

Were does she live?

Do they live with her?

How long did she stay?

Were do she work?

The questions went on like this over and over; the CO would keep stopping and talking with the other CO and then type in the computer and then ask another question, My fiancé asked if the CO would like to see our proof and he said "No I have every thing right here". Finally the CO said "Let me see what you have to show me and he looked at the photos we have and the CO asked about 1 photo of me, my fiancé and his brother in law. The CO asked "who is the other guy in the photo?" My fiancé told him it was his brother in law. Then the CO asked " were does he live?" My fiancé answered "My sister & brother in law live in Germany". The CO replied "auhh"

The CO finally said to the other CO "okay let's finish this and told my fiancé that he would not be getting a visa today and gave him a letter of denial. The interview lasted about 3 hours long. They kept all papers sent in packet 3 & gave all translation papers back, never looked at any of the other documents or proof not even the I-134 with the proof.

My fiancé also notice that the CO had wrote 3 things down on a paper and put an X in red by these 3 things. The CO put everything in a red file.

One last note on this: I did email my congressman's office before this interview to give information about the case and today I called to talk with a representative. I'm not sure if this will help or not but we have to try! Hope this will help someone else going through this process.

VJ Family I'm sorry I had to make corrections on this post: passport was not stamped was just given green ticket with number on it with passport at 1st window, also medical papers were taken and x-rays, translation papers were given back to him. Everyone else that was there at that time was approved but him and one other person that was there for visitor visa. Thanks again for your support S & A

2nd USCIS I-130 Petition

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am so sorry the interview did not go well! A 3-hour interview sounds unrealistic!! I hope everything works out for the best for you! (F)

Aya

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Timeline

Does she live with him?

Were does she live?

Do they live with her?

How long did she stay?

Were do she work?

The CO finally said to the other CO "okay let's finish this and told my fiancé that he would not be getting a visa today and gave him a letter of denial. The interview lasted about 3 hours long. They kept all papers sent in packet 3 & all translation papers, stamped my passport and never looked at any of the other documents or proof not even the I-134 with the proof.

'

It appears to be a trend. IF you are the last one of the day, they talk a lot and then deny. I am so sorry, but I understand. We are there too. I would love to share more. I hope they stop it and get him another interview.

Timeline

I have to AGREE! Where someone went to Elementary school and middle school or high school when we were kids do not prove if someone loves us because they may happen to have a great memory and the scoop that these questions will be asked. If we were not members here at VJ and try to help one another through topics such as A&S bad experience, we would NEVER know these questions would be asked and frankly, .my husband and I have never discussed my schooling. He knows I work at a great company and I didn't have to go to college thankfully, I got lucky.

If a man was going to con a woman for a visa, he would study hard and be prepared to pass...it's their game. Anyway, I hope this turns out to be a success story. Thanks for sharing.

Sorry for the skipped letters and spacing on the original posting. I should have proof-read.

I have a question? People get denied for K-1 Fiancee visa and then they go to Morocco to marry and file a CR-1...but its same people interviewing...same files.....no guarantees you will be approved just because you went and married. I would be afraid of getting rejected and having to be forced to marry knowing it was rejected and then if you are not willing and have children, then what? You are forced to move to Morocco? Do you get divorced if denied the second time? Or do you travel and see your spouse once or twice a year?? Im hoping our case does not leave us with these hard questions to have to answer.

Correct me if I am wrong please...being married to a Moroccan DOES NOT guarantee you a visa to USA? I ask these questions, only because I have a 13 and 15 year old I solely provide for and I get no support from their biological father and they have let me know in advance, they would never move to Morocco. I have promised my husband that one day if he wishes when we are older and children are on their own, I would agree to move to Morocco if it is his wish...but only because I think it's selfish for me not to share in locations since he has gave up half his life to leave his family. So I want to be fair but he says we will see the situation if the time ever arouses. I am curious of others input and what will A&S or we do if this happens? What are our options, since obviously A&S and all of us loves our spouses???

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am very sorry. This visa journey is much too stressful to find out that your case has been denied. Please cheer up, be strong and get married if your case is returned. If he is your true love, you two will do anything for one another.

God bless.

Zaytoona

moroccantea.jpg

Timeline

Sorry for the skipped letters and spacing on the original posting. I should have proof-read.

I have a question? People get denied for K-1 Fiancee visa and then they go to Morocco to marry and file a CR-1...but its same people interviewing...same files.....no guarantees you will be approved just because you went and married. I would be afraid of getting rejected and having to be forced to marry knowing it was rejected and then if you are not willing and have children, then what? You are forced to move to Morocco? Do you get divorced if denied the second time? Or do you travel and see your spouse once or twice a year?? Im hoping our case does not leave us with these hard questions to have to answer.

Correct me if I am wrong please...being married to a Moroccan DOES NOT guarantee you a visa to USA? I ask these questions, only because I have a 13 and 15 year old I solely provide for and I get no support from their biological father and they have let me know in advance, they would never move to Morocco. I have promised my husband that one day if he wishes when we are older and children are on their own, I would agree to move to Morocco if it is his wish...but only because I think it's selfish for me not to share in locations since he has gave up half his life to leave his family. So I want to be fair but he says we will see the situation if the time ever arouses. I am curious of others input and what will A&S or we do if this happens? What are our options, since obviously A&S and all of us loves our spouses???

Thanks, Zaytoona but as Lisa stated here it's still no guarantee that it will be approved after we are married if they believe it's not a legitmate relationship but we will not give up. I feel like they have to put you throught all kinds of trials to see if you and your mate will endure to the end. Like Lisa stated before why is it they can interview one person in 10 mins. and don't even look at thier proof and approve them and then it takes 3 hours for you to denie another. No logic what so ever :unsure:

2nd USCIS I-130 Petition

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.