TheBears

Sawasdee 4 (Thai K-1s in 2010)

1,202 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Yea, things are slow now, but that is to be expected given what has happened. Even tourist visa interviews, as we recently discovered, are being scheduled about 12 days out, versus 2 a couple years ago.

Edited by rsn

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hey everyone, can someone tell me, as all Thais have nicknames, Do we put our fiance's Thai nickname under "Other Names Used" on the I-1239F? Or is this like only "Other Legal Names" or something? Thanks! Should I mention her nickname anywhere? It's filled in our chat convos, photo comments, etc. etc.

Also, a random question, but I don't have flight boarding passes, only receipts. Can they print out old boarding passes at my local airport? Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hey everyone, can someone tell me, as all Thais have nicknames, Do we put our fiance's Thai nickname under "Other Names Used" on the I-1239F? Or is this like only "Other Legal Names" or something? Thanks! Should I mention her nickname anywhere? It's filled in our chat convos, photo comments, etc. etc.

Also, a random question, but I don't have flight boarding passes, only receipts. Can they print out old boarding passes at my local airport? Thanks!

1) No, do not list her nickname. They only mean if she went through the legal name change that Thai people tend to do once or twice in their life.

2) No, I do not see how they can print out an old used boarding pass. It would sort of be like manufacturing evidence. Your visa stamp should help prove you got to the country and entered on a day corresponding to the airline itinerary or receipyts.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

Hi Om. Welcome or Sawasdee krab. My fiancee Aod sent Packet 3 June 29. We have not heard from the Embassy yet. They have not scheduled the interview.

I sent an email to the Embassy to make sure they received Packet 3.

They received Packet 3 July 1. They said 8 - 10 weeks to Schedule the interview. Maybe 2 - 4 weeks later is interview day.

Do you know about www.usvisa4thai.com. Good web site for Thai ladies.

Good luck.

Good News Rob!

The Embassy received my packet the day before yours and I just got my interview date so you should get yours shortly. Mimi's interview will be September 7th so not too far out (about two and a half weeks), and sooner than I expected.

Mike

NOA1 Received at CSC 11-23-09

NOA2 04-21-10

NVC Received 04-28-10 placed under "Administrative Review"

Bangkok Embassy Received Case File 05-24-10

Bangkok Embassy Received Packet3 06-30-10

Received Packet4 Email 08-19-10

Interview Date 09-07-10

Visa Approved!

Arrived in America November 5th, 2010

Married Nov 30th, 2010

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congrats Mike. Hope all goes well. I'll be there on the 5th to start getting Teaw ready to come here....visit family, etc.

You going over there to bring her back?

Timeline

It's been a very crazy week for me.....as I had said about a week ago Five and I had decided to stop the visa, but a week later we were able to talk things out and I'm happy to say we're back in the game. Got our interview date. September 14. Later than we had hoped, but could have been worse I guess.

03/03/2010 - I129F Sent

03/10/2010 - NOA1

03/22/2010 - Touched

05/01/2010 - Touched

05/03/2010 - Touched

05/04/2010 - NOA2

05/11/2010 - NVC Sent Case to Embassy

05/12/2010 - Embassy Received

06/17/2010 - Packet 3 received (1st one lost in the mail)

06/30/2010 - Packet 3 sent to Embassy

07/02/2010 - Embassy received Packet 3

08/20/2010 - Packet 4 and Interview Date received

09/14/2010 - Interview.....Approved

09/21/2010 - Visa received

12/27/2010 - Entry into the USA. POE Los Angeles

congrats on working through your troubles gbagbo! good luck to you and five

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Timeline

This is very strange. The Embassy must send out all the interview appointments in large batches.

We got an email from the Embassy, our interview date is September 13, 2010. A Monday. I need to go negotiate (argue) with my boss because I want to take two weeks off. One week before the interview and one week for (hopefully) celebrating after the interview.

@gbagbo: That is great news. I am happy to hear that. I thought Five and Audy would have interview on the same day. I was off one day.

Make sure your Evidence of bona fide Relationship is in order.

Good luck to all.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

Congrats Mike. Hope all goes well. I'll be there on the 5th to start getting Teaw ready to come here....visit family, etc.

You going over there to bring her back?

Thanks. I would love to go over and I have enough vacation time but unless I trip over a pot of gold it's not going to happen:) If Mimi's mother gets denied her B2 Visa then it may be a different story but for now I'm planning on buying plane tickets for both of them, entertaining them while they're here (probably one trip to Tucson and one to the Grand Canyon), having our wedding in Las Vegas, and a honeymoon at Disneyland.

Given all that, it will probably be a year or two before I make it back to Thailand. I am confident Mimi will be fine because she's flown internationally several times and her English is excellent but I would like to go back to Thailand to see my friend Dan. He is the reason I went to Thailand in the first place. He recently moved to Khorat and is in the process of building a mansion for his family (he was born in Thailand, raised in the USA, and his parents just sold their chain of Thai restaurants and moved back to his original village to retire). He was in construction here so he is helping build their house but it's taking a long time and I know he misses home.

Mike

NOA1 Received at CSC 11-23-09

NOA2 04-21-10

NVC Received 04-28-10 placed under "Administrative Review"

Bangkok Embassy Received Case File 05-24-10

Bangkok Embassy Received Packet3 06-30-10

Received Packet4 Email 08-19-10

Interview Date 09-07-10

Visa Approved!

Arrived in America November 5th, 2010

Married Nov 30th, 2010

Timeline

Mike, that's great about your friend. My ex is from Korat and her father had a construction company that built houses for farangs and others. Now her oldest brother has the business. They are in Chock Chai.

But our plan is to move back in about 4 years or so after I take my second retirement and build a house in Buriram.

Audy_Rob, Teaw and I will be back in the BKK area the 12th of Sept and fly home the 15th. We are having dinner with her co-workers the 13th out in Pathumthani. Maybe we can meet up. We are coming out to

So. Cal mid October for her to meet my parents and one of my daughters.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Speaking of Chok Chai, pretty good steak place in BKK if your there. Also 13 coins is kkinda cool. You can get a room for 10 people, a few bottles of whisky, food, and of course the karaoke machine for a reasonable price.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

... pretty good steak place in BKK if your there...

Don't a lot of Thai people dislike Red Meat, steaks and any kind of beef. Is it cultural. Is it the smell they do not like. My fiancee eats, pork, chicken, fish and seafood but will not eat any red meat.

Is that restaurant you mentioned mostly for farang?

When I go to Thailand, I ask Audy to eat at one farang restaurant one night. Then we eat Thai all other nights. Last time I almost made a mistake at the Farang restaurant and ordered some beef dish for her. Fortunately she stopped me in time.

Naturalization N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Don't a lot of Thai people dislike Red Meat, steaks and any kind of beef. Is it cultural. Is it the smell they do not like. My fiancee eats, pork, chicken, fish and seafood but will not eat any red meat.

Is that restaurant you mentioned mostly for farang?

When I go to Thailand, I ask Audy to eat at one farang restaurant one night. Then we eat Thai all other nights. Last time I almost made a mistake at the Farang restaurant and ordered some beef dish for her. Fortunately she stopped me in time.

Never heard that in my 3 years there. The customers at ChockChai seemed to be 90% Thai. Bourbon St., New York, those places were farang all the way.

When I went up country there, if it moves... they eat it. Mot Daeng (ant eggs) is really off the charts for me. They might dislike red meat since they cant afford it.

I went on this "fishing" trip up in Saraburi one day. The old lady on the farm grabbed a chicken and chopped it's head off. 30 minutes later we were eating Khao pad gai. A little shocking to me, but pretty normal to them. The poor chicken never had a chance.

:whistle:

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

I see steaks and other beef cuts from Australia being sold in the markets all the time so I am sure there are plenty of beef eating Thais in Thailand.

I personally like to BB@ a nice little filet every weekend and that's my beef fix. My first BBQ for Teaw when she gets here is to do my yummy babyback

pork ribs!!!

My wife wouldn't touch beef at first when she got here. I don't think it's especially cultural though. They had a cow on her farm or something and she said it made her feel bad to eat beef. I got some tenderloin filets though, and apparently the cow can fend for itself because she wants steak all the time now!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.