TheBears

Sawasdee 4 (Thai K-1s in 2010)

1,202 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

The last couple of days have been the worst of my life I think. I feel sad to let you all know that my fiancee and I are no longer going to be married. After a long period of bad things happening it all came to a head last night and this morning. I feel horrible right now.

Do you guys know how to cancel a K1 request? Do I call the NVC or the USCIS?

03/03/2010 - I129F Sent

03/10/2010 - NOA1

03/22/2010 - Touched

05/01/2010 - Touched

05/03/2010 - Touched

05/04/2010 - NOA2

05/11/2010 - NVC Sent Case to Embassy

05/12/2010 - Embassy Received

06/17/2010 - Packet 3 received (1st one lost in the mail)

06/30/2010 - Packet 3 sent to Embassy

07/02/2010 - Embassy received Packet 3

08/20/2010 - Packet 4 and Interview Date received

09/14/2010 - Interview.....Approved

09/21/2010 - Visa received

12/27/2010 - Entry into the USA. POE Los Angeles

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

The last couple of days have been the worst of my life I think. I feel sad to let you all know that my fiancee and I are no longer going to be married. After a long period of bad things happening it all came to a head last night and this morning. I feel horrible right now.

Sorry to hear that. You might post the question here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/127-effects-of-major-family-changes-on-immigration-benefits/

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

i'm sorry to hear that, best of luck to you

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

@Jordi - That is terrible to read. I am really sorry to hear this.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Sorry to hear what happened. You can write the embassy an email canceling it or withdrawing it and then I would write the NVC a letter doing the same thing. I had to cancel an interview with the ex a few years ago

and I wrote the embassy but I also have to withdraw the K-1 by letter too. If you are not sure if you should send it to the NVC, call USCIS Monday and ask them where you should send the letter. Have your BNK number

handy so they can pull it up on the computer.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

To continue along the lines of ryan's rant and rave, I just noticed the last day in August that had a scheduled interview is August 26. So what happened to August 27, 30 and 31. That week has nothing to do with Labor Day or the Queen's Birthday.

I am thinking (hoping) those days were not even filled with interviews by the time they got around to August 2, the day they had to post the scheduled interviews.

EDITED to add: Besides we had slipped all the way down to page 5 or 6 of the forum so I had to bump us back up to the beginning. I guess everyone took the weekend off.

Edited by Audy_Rob

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

To continue along the lines of ryan's rant and rave, I just noticed the last day in August that had a scheduled interview is August 26. So what happened to August 27, 30 and 31. That week has nothing to do with Labor Day or the Queen's Birthday.

I am thinking (hoping) those days were not even filled with interviews by the time they got around to August 2, the day they had to post the scheduled interviews.

EDITED to add: Besides we had slipped all the way down to page 5 or 6 of the forum so I had to bump us back up to the beginning. I guess everyone took the weekend off.

Yeah, I have no idea what happened with those days. But what is more concerning to me, is not those missing days, but even the days in August where there are interviews scheduled, there are significantly less (over 50% less) on any given day. So, on average in June and July, there are about 15 interviews per day. In August, its around 7. That could be due to any number of reasons, but its like have the workforce they have giving interviews has been taken away in the month of August.

Did you check out my graph?

http://picasaweb.google.com/113319246796085647880/InterviewData#5501648304416157682

Timeline

This forum has been invaluable in understanding the K-1 process and this thread for understanding some specific issues with Thailand. While I am still sitting here waiting for an NOA2 (Day 146 and counting), I am trying to be a little optimistic and plan ahead a bit for when Noy (hopefully) gets here. I don't want to hijack a Visa thread asking about things like how to get Thai television for her, but I believe there has got to be a lot of experience around here regarding my future attempts to bring some Thai culture to my apartment in Delaware. Does anyone have any suggestions for another good forum for things like this?

Thanks,

Rob

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

This forum has been invaluable in understanding the K-1 process and this thread for understanding some specific issues with Thailand. While I am still sitting here waiting for an NOA2 (Day 146 and counting), I am trying to be a little optimistic and plan ahead a bit for when Noy (hopefully) gets here. I don't want to hijack a Visa thread asking about things like how to get Thai television for her, but I believe there has got to be a lot of experience around here regarding my future attempts to bring some Thai culture to my apartment in Delaware. Does anyone have any suggestions for another good forum for things like this?

Thanks,

Rob

• As far as Thai TV, you can find a lot of Thai dramas & TV shows on YouTube & other sites. Either hook up your computer to your TV or buy a network-capable blueray/dvd/whatever player that allows you to at least watch youtube & netflix over your TV.
  • Some Thai movies are available on Netflix.
  • RadioTime.com will allow you to listen to many Thailand radio stations live as well.
  • usvisa4thai.com is a great networking site for Thai people here on visas
  • If you are near a big city, find the nearest Thai buddhist temple - that's another good way for your fiancee to network and experience some Thai culture here in the U.S.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Timeline

Thanks,

Rob

Hey, Rob, same question I had and the answer came from the Thai restaurant I go to every Friday night by my house. Might be worth it for you to

go to a couple of the Thai restaurants in your area and ask them. But the owner here and some of the Thai employees get their Thai tv via satellite. There is a guy here that puts up a dish, box and hooks everything up that will bring all the Thai channels into your house. It's a one time cost of $350 for this guy to do it. I have not talked to him but I assume he directs the dish to pick up the satellite that broadcasts the Thai stations. So ask the Thai employees in the restaurants and they will certainly have some good info on how they do it. Having had a 10 foot dish in Calif when I lived there and being able to enjoy flitting around to all the different satellites to watch stuff I could never imagine, I am at least familiar with what is done.

Another option is while searching the internet I have found several websites where you can subscribe monthly to receive the Thai channels over the internet. So if you can hook a laptop up to a TV...or even if you can't...you could go that route also.

Good luck!!

My wife loves http://www.seesantv.com It was something like $8/month. I find it hard to believe that most of the content is actually legal use... but it's all in Thai-- even some western movies with Thai voiceovers/subtitles. Quality isn't great but tons of variety.

Timeline

I have my media center hooked up to the TV (can get a net-top for 300) and we subscribe to ThaiTV.TV (100.00 per year), you get all the Thai stations on a live feed from Thailand along with many archived dramas. Most of the time though she watches regular TV with the closed caption turned on so she can improve her English skills. I did a bunch of research on the satellite options, and there was very few Thai stations that broadcast. The internet seemed to be the most cost effective route with the most content, and flexibility.

Timeline

When I talked to Teaw about getting Thai TV for her when she comes in Sept, she said let's wait because she thought she could learn English better watching regular TV here. I kind of have to agree with her

and I thought that was nice of her to think that way. But I also don't want her bored to death so we'll decide after she has a chance to settle in.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

We also subscribe to Thaitv.tv. Also made sure I knew where all the asian grocery stores were in Memphis before she got here. Those and the internet were about all Rin needed (we did get keyboard stickers when we were in Thailand so she had Thai characters on the keyboard).

K-3

11/15/2006 - NOA1 Receipt for 129F

02/12/2007 - I-130 and I-129F approved!

04/17/2007 - Interview - visa approved!

04/18/2007 - POE LAX - Finally in the USA!!!

04/19/2007 - WE ARE FINALLY HOME!!!

09/20/2007 - Sent Packet 3 for K-4 Visas (follow to join for children)

10/02/2007 - K-4 Interviews - approved

10/12/2007 - Everyone back to USA!

AOS

06/20/2008 - Mailed I-485, I-765 (plus I-130 for children)

06/27/2008 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-130s

07/16/2008 - Biometrics appointment

08/28/2008 - EAD cards received

11/20/2008 - AOS Interviews - approved

Citizenship

08/22/2011 - Mailed N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We also subscribe to Thaitv.tv. Also made sure I knew where all the asian grocery stores were in Memphis before she got here. Those and the internet were about all Rin needed (we did get keyboard stickers when we were in Thailand so she had Thai characters on the keyboard).

In case you don't get the keyboard stickers there, you can get them online. They are really cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002EX5F60/ref=oss_product

$1.95 + shipping.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.