TheBears

Sawasdee 4 (Thai K-1s in 2010)

1,202 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Did the deed today. Now more money to USCIS for all the papers!!

congrats Tom and Teaw.so Tom when did you apply for the ssn for Teaw when you did your POE.i will be going to bangkok October 16th and we intend to do our POE at SFO international airport with gif on October 30 and then drive down to albuquerque via the grand canyon route :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I can't see from my BB if you are k-1 or not. If you are K1 forget about SS# until you have EAD. If you are IR1-CR1, then check the box on the DS230, and it will show up in the mail approx. 2 weeks after POE.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I filled out the form before we went and got married and stopped by the SSI office afterwards but they were too busy and I didn't want to wait as I was taking Teaw to her first ice hockey game this afternoon. So

if I get off work early one day this week we will go down and wait for a long time I am sure to get it done. Really sucks they are so slow there. Wish you could just do it online for K-1 people!!!

Timeline

If you get it definitely post about it.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

Filling out the papers for adjustment of status, etc. On the employment authorization form I used her now married name and put in (a)(6) as the eligibility category. So I assume that is right.

Yes, looking for confirmation from some of you that have done the AOS so I don't get anything kicked back.

On the I-485 do I use her now married name or her family Thai last name? I used her new name there also. Sigh..too many darn forms!!!

Timeline

Filling out the papers for adjustment of status, etc. On the employment authorization form I used her now married name and put in (a)(6) as the eligibility category. So I assume that is right.

Yes, looking for confirmation from some of you that have done the AOS so I don't get anything kicked back.

On the I-485 do I use her now married name or her family Thai last name? I used her new name there also. Sigh..too many darn forms!!!

I used her married name on all the forms.

Timeline

Anyone happen to be going to Thailand via LAX on October 18th? I'm flying out on Thai Airlines to spend a few weeks with the wife and son, hopefully they will follow me back shortly thereafter.

I've given my last name to 2 Asian ladies which today appears on their green cards...obtained many years apart.

They both have my name there today, as valid as on the day they were approved. rofl.gif

The form has a place for former names; your wife is now the applicant and you are supporting her application.

When you were the petitioner all communications with the USCIS were directed to you until the petition was approved.

When she became the applicant for the visa the consulate directed their documents and inquiries to her.

Same for AOS.

Edited by thongd4me

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Timeline

Does it matter where you get your SSI number? I seem to be having trouble getting off work to take Teaw down and sit and wait. But I will

be in Calif the week of the 18th and it might be easier to get it there. All the info on the app will just have NC addresses. In my mind

it should not matter, although I believe the first 3 numbers are an indication of where you lived when you got it.

Timeline

Does it matter where you get your SSI number? I seem to be having trouble getting off work to take Teaw down and sit and wait. But I will

be in Calif the week of the 18th and it might be easier to get it there. All the info on the app will just have NC addresses. In my mind

it should not matter, although I believe the first 3 numbers are an indication of where you lived when you got it.

I doubt it matters where you get your SSN. We actually didn't get ours until after we filed for AOS. When we went into the interview they asked if we had gotten one, and by then we had, so we gave it to them. So I wouldn't worry about rushing to much.

Timeline

will be heading to Thailand on October 16th through SFO i am hopeful i will come back with Gif.Gif was told by the embassy to pick up her passport with visa on October 14th.Just hoping they keep their word as they had to keep her passport an additional week while they were checking my current marital status here in the USA. :whistle:

Timeline

will be heading to Thailand on October 16th through SFO i am hopeful i will come back with Gif.Gif was told by the embassy to pick up her passport with visa on October 14th.Just hoping they keep their word as they had to keep her passport an additional week while they were checking my current marital status here in the USA. :whistle:

You might want to take anything you have that would show you are NOT married here in the US so if they still have a question you can show it to them when you are there. Never hurts to be prepared.

Timeline

You might want to take anything you have that would show you are NOT married here in the US so if they still have a question you can show it to them when you are there. Never hurts to be prepared.

i will take your advice Tom and go there well prepared just in case we encounter some problems.Although i must admit it will be nice for Gif to receive her passport with visa without wedging a battle with the embassy.We have been apart for nearly 10 months and would not like it to be longer than that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.