TheBears

Sawasdee 4 (Thai K-1s in 2010)

1,202 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

What happened? Everyone is so QUIET in this thread now!! All the honeys in the USA so nobody is writing? LOL!! Teaw has discovered the Science Fiction channel (SYFY) and has been watching that all weekend now.

We will do the deed this Friday and then see about applying for her SSI card.

I've been too busy preparing my house so a woman can live in it!! We got home last night finally and all is well in Texas. Only bought 2 car loads of Asian spices and food today to stock the house. :bonk: All I had in here when I left was Beer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We got the greencard 2 weeks ago now, we're going to go up north next weekend so she can see these strange things called seasons and see the foliage change.

AOS Mailed 5-02-2010

NOA1 5-12-2010

Forward CSC 6-06-2010

Biometrics 6-16-2010

AOS Touch 7-10-2010

EAD Approve 7-21-2010

EAD Arrival 7-30-2010

Greencard Approve 9-08-2010

Greencard Arrives 9-15-2010

No Interview

ROC Mailed 6-12-2012

Timeline

We got the greencard 2 weeks ago now, we're going to go up north next weekend so she can see these strange things called seasons and see the foliage change.

Kinda funny. It's getting chilly in Texas.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

i am glad that Teaw is settling in her new environment in terms of myself i am a nervous wreck my fiancee Gif is supposed to have her visa interview this thursday sept 30th i am very worried of the unknown factor,i would have really wanted to be there with her getting her ready but my sister passed away unexpectedly last thursday so it has truley been a tough week for me.For all those who have gone through getting their visa approved for the loved ones can i ask you all if there is a place were Gif can leave her cellphone cos i know they dont allow yhem inside the embassy i really wanted to know the result of her interview as soon as she is done cos i know i wont be able to sleep all night worrying.The other silly question i would like to ask is that will customs allow us to bring in some spices from Thailand or they wont allow them just want to prepare ahead of time. :unsure:

Edited by bless1010

Timeline

i am glad that Teaw is settling in her new environment in terms of myself i am a nervous wreck my fiancee Gif is supposed to have her visa interview this thursday sept 30th i am very worried of the unknown factor,i would have really wanted to be there with her getting her ready but my sister passed away unexpectedly last thursday so it has truley been a tough week for me.For all those who have gone through getting their visa approved for the loved ones can i ask you all if there is a place were Gif can leave her cellphone cos i know they dont allow yhem inside the embassy i really wanted to know the result of her interview as soon as she is done cos i know i wont be able to sleep all night worrying.The other silly question i would like to ask is that will customs allow us to bring in some spices from Thailand or they wont allow them just want to prepare ahead of time. :unsure:

The security guards will hold her phone.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Yes, you surrender your phone and anything else they want and they give you a number so you can claim it when you leave. So she can call you right away after she walks out of the embassy.

As for spices, we bought a bunch of the spices in sealed envelopes at Big C and stuck them in the suitcase. Nobody said a word when we went through customs on the way home with Teaw. I also

had 18 Papaya scrapers that I got surprised with to bring back for the owner of the Thai restaurant I go to and I claimed them on the customs form and they just waved us through. So yes, you

can bring spices through but we found that when we went to the local big Asian store here in Cary that they had almost all the same things stocked. So you might check your local Asian store

and you might not need to bring too much back. You can also bring back some dried fish and stuff like that if you want to.

Sorry to hear about your sister, bless1010. My father passed while I was over to bring Teaw back and we had to come back early. Hang in there. Don't worry about the interview too much. If she

has all in order it should go easy. Sounds to me like they are not being as picky as they were when Teaw went for hers back in March. Good luck.

Timeline

thank you guys for putting my mind at ease at least now i can breath a little easy till the day of the interview.Tom i am sorry about the loss of your dad i know the pain of losing a loved one is hard to take i have been trying to cope each and everday about my sister's loss but i hope time will heal.

Edited by bless1010

Timeline

We just went through POE at Houston Saturday, she brought in some homemade chili powder and they never asked about it and I of course did not mention it. I have tried to explain you can get the same here in Houston but to no avail. :whistle: I took her yesterday to buy food and she was amazed that the same things are sold here. Needless to say, I left market with grocery basket full of fish sauce, oyster sauce, etc....She is happy now. Walmart is on the agenda today. :help: :help: :help:

Wife walked outside this morning and almost had a stroke. She has a parka on as we speak in the house and I am sweating since my Air con is not longer under my control.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

It's always chilly here, according to my wife. She uses 3-4 sheets & blankets in the summer.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

It's always chilly here, according to my wife. She uses 3-4 sheets & blankets in the summer.

I got my wife a small electric blanket she used all winter, and a bigger one on our bed. That was enough to keep the heater fairly low/off (not that Texas gets that cold normally) She wanted to send one to her mom, but we didn't find any that were universal voltage. I didn't look that hard though.

In supreme irony she's thought it was too hot most of the summer here and has been pining for a cooling off.... but Thailand is a "wet heat" she says. LOL

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I got my wife a small electric blanket she used all winter, and a bigger one on our bed. That was enough to keep the heater fairly low/off (not that Texas gets that cold normally) She wanted to send one to her mom, but we didn't find any that were universal voltage. I didn't look that hard though.

In supreme irony she's thought it was too hot most of the summer here and has been pining for a cooling off.... but Thailand is a "wet heat" she says. LOL

We went with an electric mattress pad on our bed. Seems to work pretty well.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

you guys crack me up about your wives and their being cold or complaining of the heat. my husband complains about heat all the time. i remind him that khun thai cannot be hot in america and he promptly told me "i am farang now" :lol:

i'm sorry to hear that you lost your father tom and your sister bless,there are no words to ease your sadness but i hope that you both find comfort with your loved ones.

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Timeline

Wife walked outside this morning and almost had a stroke. She has a parka on as we speak in the house and I am sweating since my Air con is not longer under my control.

Know what you mean. Teaw sleeps with a blanket over her and I am naked on top of the sheets with the overhead fan going!!! She gets close for a few minutes and I get too hot and

have to get her to move to the other side of the bed!! Go outside and she gets goosbumps and it's 90 degrees!!! But it's fun to tease her. We have down to 70 coming for the

weekend and it will be interesting to see how she copes!! It will feel wonderful to me....but she will probably want to go buy a ski jacket with a fur hood and wear that when

everyone else is in shorts. Maybe I should just buy her a ski outfit and she can wear that outside..hahaha!!!

Thanks Bless and KL. Bless, it gets easier as time goes on but you never forget and there will always be little things that remind you of them that pop up. But then again, you

have the good memories to think about too. I lost my youngest daughter two days before her 16th bday and there are good and bad days but lots of good memories to think about.

You never lose the pain but you learn how to cope and live with it and that's what you have to do.

Edited by Tom and Teaw

Timeline

Question to all of you who have successfully gone through the interview process...

My fiancee will be going to her interview October 19th. After her medical examination, she was given the following vaccinations:

MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)

TD (Tetanus, Diptheria)

HPV (Human Papillomavirus)

And that's it.

However, I on the Packet 4 instructions, it lists a host of others:

-- Acellular pertussis

-- Hepatitis A

-- Hepatitis B

-- Human papillomavirus (HPV)

-- Influenza

-- Influenza type b (Hib)

-- Measles

-- Meningococcal

-- Mumps

-- Pneumococcal

-- Pertussis

-- Polio

-- Rotovirus

-- Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids

-- Varicella

-- Zoster

Specifically, I am focusing on the hepatitis A/B. I'm very surprised they did not require this one. Any reason to be concerned here? For those that have gone through the interview process successfully, did your fiancees get hepatitis A/B vaccinations?

Thanks in advance.

Timeline

No Hep vaccinations. The doc at the med exam says what is needed. You don't have to have the whole list that they put on the papers. She should be fine. Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.