TheBears

Sawasdee 4 (Thai K-1s in 2010)

1,202 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Sawasdee Guys,

I've been checking the on line schedule from US Embassy BKK

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas/scheduled-appointments.html

This link was last updated Aug 9 and the list ends in 3 days and does not have any Sept dates yet. Is there a list posted for Sept K-1 visa appointments yet?

Thanks,

P

Many of us here have been informed of our September interviews. Depending on when you mailed in Packet 3, you might or might not be scheduled in September. I received notice of the interview date 7 weeks after mailing in Packet 3.

How long ago did you mail in Packet 3?

Naturalization N-400

Filed: Timeline

I mailed packet 3 on Aug 12. I emailed the embassy on Aug 16 and they replied they had the packet in hand and would notifier me in 8 to 10 weeks. My fiancée never received packet 3/ I downloaded the docs from the web. I don't expect to beon the Sept list but I would like a little heads up so I can be in BKK when the date comes to support my lady/ I know I can be at the interview itself. I don,t see why they can't publish this list more in advance as they have already made the schedule. My fiance'e lives in an aria where mail service is very unreliable and I don't want the Oct schedule to come out on OCt 2 and find out for the first time that her interview is on Oct 3.

P

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I mailed packet 3 on Aug 12. I emailed the embassy on Aug 16 and they replied they had the packet in hand and would notifier me in 8 to 10 weeks. My fiancée never received packet 3/ I downloaded the docs from the web. I don't expect to beon the Sept list but I would like a little heads up so I can be in BKK when the date comes to support my lady/ I know I can be at the interview itself. I don,t see why they can't publish this list more in advance as they have already made the schedule. My fiance'e lives in an aria where mail service is very unreliable and I don't want the Oct schedule to come out on OCt 2 and find out for the first time that her interview is on Oct 3.

P

:time:

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

i believe the embassy has send out notification for all the September interview dates cos i recieved an email notifying us of our k1 visa interview for September 30th last night.i was in the same boat as you i was worried my fiancee might not get the interview letter in time but the embassy seems to be using email notification system as it stands.

Timeline

I received our email notice. I asked my boss for time off the same day I saw the email from the Embassy. I bought the tickets for Bangkok online the next day. The email gave me 24 days notice bfore the interview.

Good luck

Naturalization N-400

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

One more week of work and then I am off to bring Teaw over here. She moved out of her apartment today in Pathumthani and took everything up to Buriram. Her dad and others came down with a rented truck and took it up there. She is so excited. I just hope she likes American food..haha. I know she loves spaghetti but I can't eat that every night....and she talks a lot about making Thai food for dinner too but I warned her...weekends are BBQ!!!!!!!!!!! Or at least not Thai food. We'll be in the BKK area for a few days after I get there and then come back down from Buriram on the 12th and fly home on the 15th. I know some of you will be in BKK doing your interviews early the week of the 13th!!! Good luck.

Timeline

Hi Tom and Teaw. I wish I could meet up with you guys in BKK. The only night we will both have free is the 12th and the next morning is Audy's Visa Interview. So she said no on going out to meet. I know the 13th you are having dinner in Pathumthani and the 14th we are off to Hua Hin (not Phuket) assuming Audy passes and we don't have to scramble to get together any more papers for the Embassy.

Audy is driving me nuts about the I-134. Apparently she cannot read the I-134 form I sent her along with the cover letter and evidence. I understand it would be difficult when English is not your first language. Apparently she has read a lot of denials from the Embassy. That isn't my concern, I earn many times above what is needed but she doesn't understand that.

I am worried about an I-129F I filed for and was approved in 2004. The interview was scheduled but the relationship fell apart before the interview. It fell apart because it was too close after my divorce and other reasons (the lady ran off and I couldn't find her. LOL). I am more worried about that.

I think evidence of relationship is very solid. We have all kinds of different documents that aren't usually mentioned.

Good luck to Tom and Teaw and all the September interviews. There is ArizonaMike, gbagbo and I do not know if Kookkai is going through with her interview. Good luck Kookkai no matter what you decide and to your fiance also.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

Hi everyone,

I have another question for you guys. I am about to mail in packet 3, and I wanted to know if the Thai post is the only payment method the embassy accepts? I work near the Bangkok Bank main branch on Silom Rd., and I would like to pick up a banker's check from them, as I did for the petition fee. Do you know if this will be acceptable?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I have another question for you guys. I am about to mail in packet 3, and I wanted to know if the Thai post is the only payment method the embassy accepts? I work near the Bangkok Bank main branch on Silom Rd., and I would like to pick up a banker's check from them, as I did for the petition fee. Do you know if this will be acceptable?

I believe you can use EMS. That way you'll get a tracking number.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi everyone,

If I understand your question correctly, you are asking whether the embassy accepts forms of payment other than the Thai post for the visa interview. I believe that they do not. The Thai beneficiary pays at the Thai post office and receives a receipt that he or she must submit to the embassy: no personal checks, banker's checks, money orders, cash, etc. are accepted as substitutes.

Timeline

I am worried about an I-129F I filed for and was approved in 2004. The interview was scheduled but the relationship fell apart before the interview. It fell apart because it was too close after my divorce and other reasons (the lady ran off and I couldn't find her. LOL). I am more worried about that.

Rob, it's too bad we can't meet up. I am sure you two will have enough going on. I am not sure what time we will get back down from Buriram on the 12th anyway, but Teaw asked me if I wanted to go over to the embassy to meet you

guys. So that's always a possibility. Gives me a reason to get into BKK for awhile since we will be staying way out in Pathumthani when we come back down.

If you are real worried about the old I-129, I think you would be best served to write a letter explaining what happened and have Audy take it into the interview with her. If they start grilling her about it she can give it to

them to read. It seems the real problem and delay with our visa was the past marriage and then getting the divorce so close to the filing of the K1 for Teaw. Once they got all that and the letters from family and neighbor, they

gave her the visa. And you might also want to stress that that ex-fiancee never came to the states (I assume she didn't) so they won't question that. Since they seem to have unlimited resources to find things not even Teaw

knew about with her cousins, then you have to assume they have checked out everything having to do with that past visa and will probably ask Audy about it. So best to be prepared. If you really want to sidetrack them have Audy

include the letter in the stuff she gives them when she goes in to check in so they can read it in advance and that might cut out any questions about it other than asking her if she knew about it.

As for the I-134, just tell Audy not to worry about it!! All is good and that won't be a problem..haha. I know Teaw read through everything I sent her for the interview as they are naturally curious. She may not have understood

it but she never let on. Good luck!! If you want us to drop by the embassy, let me know and I'll check with Teaw again.

Timeline

If I understand your question correctly, you are asking whether the embassy accepts forms of payment other than the Thai post for the visa interview. I believe that they do not. The Thai beneficiary pays at the Thai post office and receives a receipt that he or she must submit to the embassy: no personal checks, banker's checks, money orders, cash, etc. are accepted as substitutes.

Thank you very much for that. I actually live in Thailand myself and will be stopping by the Thai post tomorrow to take care of the payment. I'm just a little confused as to what I say when I get in there. Am I purchasing a check from them? Do I just tell them I need to send money to the US embassy, and they'll know what to do? Thanks again.

Timeline

Thank you very much for that. I actually live in Thailand myself and will be stopping by the Thai post tomorrow to take care of the payment. I'm just a little confused as to what I say when I get in there. Am I purchasing a check from them? Do I just tell them I need to send money to the US embassy, and they'll know what to do? Thanks again.

You just pay them the $300 plus and they give you a receipt. She must take that receipt with her to the interview. Make at least one copy of the

receipt just in case you lose the original. If you don't have it you have to pay again. If you have the copy you can at least show that you did

pay it. That's it for more fees....for now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

As Tom stated, you pay the fee directly to the post office and all you get is a receipt. My wife recalls telling the postman that she wanted to pay for the K-1 visa. She lived up in Nan province, yet the man knew exactly what she wanted. She made copies of the receipt, sent the original and brought a copy to the interview.

Timeline

You just pay them the $300 plus and they give you a receipt. She must take that receipt with her to the interview. Make at least one copy of the

receipt just in case you lose the original. If you don't have it you have to pay again. If you have the copy you can at least show that you did

pay it. That's it for more fees....for now.

Thank you very much. I had to stop at three post offices yesterday to find one that handled US visas, but ultimately I was successful. The Thai Post outside of the Bangkok Bank main branch on Silom Road took care of me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.