Peter Miami

Colombia Club

4,917 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
posted this in wrong forum, but here is some colombia aos info that may help you out down the road.

One thing i would recomend to everyone is to get while you are doing your k1 during your medical is to get a copy of that I-693A i think it is, which is your official document containing all your vacinations. This can save you a lot of time. Not sure if it is possible but i think the medical examiner in colombia should be able to give you this. Pain in the neck to do it once she/he is in the states and sometimes cost some coin.

Buck,

In the link, the first bulleted is the actual packet 3.

And the 4th link is the DS230 part 1 & 2

Form OF169 is 1 of the pages of packet 3.

http://bogota.usembassy.gov/wwwsck1instructions.shtml

Parkpapa,

Same thing happened to me. I thought carta del das was something else at first...lol

We tried to do it but Dra González preferred not to fill in the form. I'll try and make sure my HMO can cover my girl when she gets here for the visit unless one of the MDs on the list is someone I can just show the recent medical forms to. Damn business these docs have gotten themselves courtesy of the lack of foresight from the US Govt.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Jpine:

Excellent point. To everyone, the doctor can give you a copy of the vaccination report during the examination appointment. Make sure your beneficiary brings it with him/her to the U.S. We were able to submit a copy of this form with our AOS in lieu of going to a U.S. civil surgeon in the U.S. for the necessary documentation. Saved us a bunch of money and hassle. In my cover letter attached to the AOS, I noted the form I was sending and that this came from the U.S. government-authorized doctor in Colombia and that it should suffice as documentation of my wife's vaccinations. Did NOT get an RFE on her AOS application.

Mike

posted this in wrong forum, but here is some colombia aos info that may help you out down the road.

One thing i would recomend to everyone is to get while you are doing your k1 during your medical is to get a copy of that I-693A i think it is, which is your official document containing all your vacinations. This can save you a lot of time. Not sure if it is possible but i think the medical examiner in colombia should be able to give you this. Pain in the neck to do it once she/he is in the states and sometimes cost some coin.

5/25/06 - We met in Bogota

8/12/06 - Officially engaged in front of her family

9/15/06 - Married in Bogota by notary

10/7/06 - Wedding Blessing and reception in Bogota

I-130:

9/21/06 - Mailed to Texas

9/29/06 - NOA date (received on 10/11)

12/02/06 - NOA 2 received

I-129F:

10/13/06 - Mailed to Chicago

10/18/06 - NOA 1 date (received on 10/22)

11/27/06 - E-mail notification that petition approved!

12/06/06 - Called NVC and got case number; told that petition had been forwarded to embassy in Bogota!

12/11/06 - DHL delivered petition to embassy.

12/13/06 - Adriana faxes "packet 3" information to embassy.

12/15/06 - We send "packet 3" information to embassy via courier.

12/22/06 - Return from honeymoon to find both packet 3 and 4 at my wife´s home in Bogota.

1/19/07 - Embassy interview - APPROVED! (Visa received on 1/22/07)

1/26/07 - Adriana and daughter to arrive in Miami

I-485 and I-797:

2/12/07 - AOS and EAD sent to Chicago lockbox

5/7/07 - Employment Authorization card received

8/28/07 - Re-scheduled (from 6/28) AOS interview in Orlando - AOS approved.

9/13/07 - Wife and step-daughter receive green cards

I-751:

6/1/09 - I-751 mailed

11/18/09 - Removal of Conditions approved

Citizenship:

10/26/10 - Citizenship interview (successful)

10/29/10 - Citizenship ceremony and oath

Timeline

For those that might need it, here is a copy of the statement we attached to my wife's AOS regarding her immunizations:

"Adriana XXXXXXXXXXXX

Medical Examination/Immunizations

As part of the K-3 visa process and per the U.S. embassy in Bogota, I submitted to a blood test and chest x-ray at the Instituto y Laboratorio Clinico in Bogota, Colombia. I also received a physical examination from Dr. Jairo Roa in Bogota. Dr. Roa is one of the two doctors in Colombia authorized by the U.S. government to give physical exams to visa applicants. The appropriate information from the blood test and the medical examination was given to me in a sealed envelope by Dr. Roa. The envelope was subsequently given to the U.S. embassy representative during my K-3 visa interview.

I was, however, given a photocopy of the Vaccination Documentation Worksheet that Dr. Roa completed. A copy of the Worksheet is attached to this explanation. I trust that this information, along with the information from the laboratory and Dr. Roa that I submitted to the U.S. embassy during my interview process, will be sufficient."

Also, as previously mentioned, if you did not keep a copy of the translation of the beneficiary's birth certificate, get one done in Colombia....if it much cheaper.

Also, is the beneficiary is here on a K-3, be sure to get a translation of the marriage certificate also.

Mike

5/25/06 - We met in Bogota

8/12/06 - Officially engaged in front of her family

9/15/06 - Married in Bogota by notary

10/7/06 - Wedding Blessing and reception in Bogota

I-130:

9/21/06 - Mailed to Texas

9/29/06 - NOA date (received on 10/11)

I-129F:

10/13/06 - Mailed to Chicago

10/18/06 - NOA 1 date (received on 10/22)

11/27/06 - E-mail notification that petition approved!

12/06/06 - Called NVC and got case number; told that petition had been forwarded to embassy in Bogota!

12/11/06 - DHL delivered petition to embassy.

12/13/06 - Adriana faxes "packet 3" information to embassy.

12/15/06 - We send "packet 3" information to embassy via courier.

12/22/06 - Return from honeymoon to find both packet 3 and 4 at my wife´s home in Bogota.

1/19/07 - Embassy interview - APPROVED! (Visa received on 1/22/07)

1/26/07 - Adriana and daughter to arrive in Miami

I-485 and I-797:

2/12/07 - AOS and EAD sent to Chicago lockbox

5/7/07 - Employment Authorization card received

8/28/07 - Re-scheduled (from 6/28) AOS interview in Orlando - AOS approved.

9/13/07 - Wife and step-daughter receive green cards

I-751:

6/1/09 - I-751 mailed

11/18/09 - Removal of Conditions approved

Citizenship:

10/26/10 - Citizenship interview (successful)

10/29/10 - Citizenship ceremony and oath

Timeline
Jpine:

Excellent point. To everyone, the doctor can give you a copy of the vaccination report during the examination appointment. Make sure your beneficiary brings it with him/her to the U.S. We were able to submit a copy of this form with our AOS in lieu of going to a U.S. civil surgeon in the U.S. for the necessary documentation. Saved us a bunch of money and hassle. In my cover letter attached to the AOS, I noted the form I was sending and that this came from the U.S. government-authorized doctor in Colombia and that it should suffice as documentation of my wife's vaccinations. Did NOT get an RFE on her AOS application.

Mike

AWESOME that it worked for you!

I hope it will be the same for us since we have our copy of the vaccination report. Thanks for the letter as well.

Timeline

I am going to go ahead and open up a forum topic for those of us about to start/currently undergoing AOS. I assume all of us will be going through that process in a timely manner.

Here it is: Club Colombia AOS!

:help: Hola a todos.

Estoy algo triste porque llevamos esperando con mi novio la aprobacion de la k1, o sea la noa2, y no nos ha llegado. El hace una semana llamo para verificar si todo estaba bien, y le dijeron: TIENE QUE ESPERAR... como siempre. Pero el caso es que van mas de tres meses y no hay comunicacion por parte de ellos. Que debemos hacer?

Gracias por su colaboracion

:blush: Nydia.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Nydia,

Cuando mandaron la aplicasion?

K1

1/22/07: I-129F sent to CSC

1/23/07: I-129F packet received and signed for at 9:45A.M.!!

1/29/07: NOA1

4/27/07: NOA2

5/01/07: NOA2 Hardcopy received

5/10/07: Approval arrives at NVC

5/14/07: Leaves NVC

5/17/07: Arrives at Bogota, Colombia

5/18/07: Packet 3 faxed to Embassy

5/22/07: Packet 3 sent via courier

5/30/07: Wendy receives packet 3 (Good thing we used the shortcut)

6/04/07: Packet 4 received

7/03/07: Medical appt. scheduled

7/05/07: Interview!!!! VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

7/09/07: Visa in hand!!!

7/11/07: Point of Entry at LAX, complete success!!!!!!!!!!

7/24/07: Married!!!

AOS & EAD

07/27/07: Filed for AOS & EAD

08/02/07: Arrives at Chicago

09/10/07: NOA1

09/11/07: Social Security card in hand

10/12/07: Biometrics appointment

10/25/07: EAD Approved

01/23/08: Interview = APPROVED

02/02/08: Green Card received...10 day turn around, not bad!!!

Removing Conditions

11/12/09: Mailed to CSC!

11/13/09: Arrives at CSC!

11/16/09: NOA1

11/18/09: Check Cashed!

12/14/09: Biometrics

01/07/10: Card Production Ordered (APPROVED)

Timeline

Nydia,

Desafortunadamente tienen que esperar. El tiempo promedio para que CSC apruebe un aplicación es de 90-120 días, o sea que todo está bien con su proceso. Ahora lo malo es que VSC mandó un poco de aplicaciones a CSC que necesitaban procesar y al parecer se van a demorar más haciéndolo.

La página de internet creo que dice que están procesando aplicaciones de 11/06, o sea que según ellos su aplicación no la procesan hasta octubre. Claro que todos sabemos que la procesarán antes que esa fecha, pero con esa disculpa ellos le dirán siempre "Tiene que esperar".

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline
:help: Hola a todos.

Estoy algo triste porque llevamos esperando con mi novio la aprobacion de la k1, o sea la noa2, y no nos ha llegado. El hace una semana llamo para verificar si todo estaba bien, y le dijeron: TIENE QUE ESPERAR... como siempre. Pero el caso es que van mas de tres meses y no hay comunicacion por parte de ellos. Que debemos hacer?

Gracias por su colaboracion

:blush: Nydia.

Hola Nydia

Tranquila que un buen buche de aire ayudará aclarar el tema. La NOA2 suele demorarse hasta 4 meses asi que si se envió hace 3 pues entonces están aún a tiempo. ¿Su novio tiene el sistema de notificación por internet del sistema de inmigración para que le avisen tan pronto esté aprobada la petición?

Saludos nuevamente y respiren... que el proceso apenas comienza. Desde ya le voy recomendando que su novio asista la cita en la embajada con usted ya que para mi fué un éxito rotundo hacerlo así.

Timeline

Nuevamente, Nydia...

de paso también le recomiendo que lleve a su novio a comer a Mercagán en la 33 pero no antes de ir a Bogotá por cualquier motivo que pobre de su estómago si viajan en Berlinas o Copetran... :blink:

Timeline

Pregunta. Quiénes de aquí somos colombianos?

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Gracias por sus consejos, bueno el 4 de marzo la envio y la respuesta llego el 13 de marzo... es que no entiendo porque a personas que han enviado despues de nuestra fecha y en abril, si les han contestado :crying:

El envio todos los documentos y tambien el soporte economico con las formas y todo.

Bueno tendremos que esperar.

Gracias d enuevo.

Nydia-

Timeline

Así es como son las cosas Nydia. Nadie sabe por qué unas son aprobadas antes que otras y por qué se demoran tanto. La clave es tener paciencia con todo el proceso. Si ud. nos hubiera visto a Lucho y a mí antes de ser aprobados preguntando todos los días en este foro a ver quién había sido aprobado y quién no. Hasta Lucho dijo que tenía ganas de ir en persona y preguntar. ^_^

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline
Pregunta. Quiénes de aquí somos colombianos?

Ya me declararon, Diana... pero soy oriundo de la Isla del Encanto...

Timeline
Así es como son las cosas Nydia. Nadie sabe por qué unas son aprobadas antes que otras y por qué se demoran tanto. La clave es tener paciencia con todo el proceso. Si ud. nos hubiera visto a Lucho y a mí antes de ser aprobados preguntando todos los días en este foro a ver quién había sido aprobado y quién no. Hasta Lucho dijo que tenía ganas de ir en persona y preguntar. ^_^

Mujer que decir! El pobre de Lucho esta que le tumba los portones de la Embajada en estos dias!! :lol:

Paciencia mi gente, que pronto les llegará su momento. Recuerden que luego de estar la fecha fijada para la cita de entrevista, todo se resuelve muchísimo más rápido y es importante estar preparados con los documentos pertinentes.

Suerte

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.