Peter Miami

Colombia Club

4,917 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ok you guys I need your help here....so this morning our visa was approved. We paid the visa delivery service Domesa and everything and left happy thinking that my fiances visa would be in the mail soon.

About an hour later we received a phone call from the Colombian Embassy stating that yes our visa was approved but that due to a Glitch in their system they couldn't issue the visa. They stated that the embassy was missing some internal paperwork that made it "illegal" to issue my fiances visa. They requested us to pick up the passport but upon arriving at the embassy they stated that we had the option of leaving it. Since my fiance and I are not from here we decided to leave it there...When we asked how long it would take to get the visa out they said they couldn't give a definite time.

So my question to you guys is....Has this happened to anyone else? Do they take long to resolve this matter? How long does it usually take?

I post this to all my fellow VJers in hopes to have a bit of peace. You can only imagine how we feel knowing that our visa is on its way one minute and then halted the next.

Let me know!

Thanks and kind regards,

Diana and Andres

10/17/07...Lawyer sent overnight to USCIS...
07/17/08...VISA RECEIVED!
POE LAX 07/25/2008
Civil wedding...8/1/08

AOS
08/25/08...NOA1
09/23/08...Biometrics
11/10/08...EAD and AP approved!
12/27/08...Appointment letter received
02/20/09...Appointment at local Santa Ana office
02/28/09...GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!

REMOVE CONDITIONS
12/01/2010...Mailed I-751 for removal of conditions.
12/02/2010...NOA1
01/19/2011...Biometrics
03/10/2011...Card Production ordered!! Approval 10 Year Green Card!
**/**/****....card received

Naturalization Process

05/04/2013 application submitted

05/25/2013 biometrics done

06/25/2013 Noa received

07/29/2013 Naturalization Interview

08/21/2013 Oath Ceremony

Son was born 08/30/2013

.png

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Nice. That makes it easier for everybody, the beneficiary and the embassy.

Thanks Mike!

Diana

I just wanted to give everyone an update, the new way of sending in Packet-3, thru email actually works. I sent it in the forms on Monday evening and I just received this confirmation email today (Thursday) :

Mr.

Thanks for your E-mail. the forms were received. you and your spouse will receive the appointment package aprox. 4 to 8 weeks.

Sincerely,

IV Bogota

So, really it was a 2-day turnaround time, If you consider, they didn’t look at my email until Tuesday morning.

Not bad, it works!

The best of luck to all the recent approvals!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Ok you guys I need your help here....so this morning our visa was approved. We paid the visa delivery service Domesa and everything and left happy thinking that my fiances visa would be in the mail soon.

About an hour later we received a phone call from the Colombian Embassy stating that yes our visa was approved but that due to a Glitch in their system they couldn't issue the visa. They stated that the embassy was missing some internal paperwork that made it "illegal" to issue my fiances visa. They requested us to pick up the passport but upon arriving at the embassy they stated that we had the option of leaving it. Since my fiance and I are not from here we decided to leave it there...When we asked how long it would take to get the visa out they said they couldn't give a definite time.

So my question to you guys is....Has this happened to anyone else? Do they take long to resolve this matter? How long does it usually take?

I post this to all my fellow VJers in hopes to have a bit of peace. You can only imagine how we feel knowing that our visa is on its way one minute and then halted the next.

Let me know!

Thanks and kind regards,

Diana and Andres

Diana...I've never heard of anyone else having this issue. I think you need to call or head back to the embassy and ask questions until you get answers. This is unacceptable for them to leave you hanging like this. Work your way up the food chain...all the way to the Consular General if necessary to get some kind of answers.

Keep us posted

Scott

K1 TIMELINE

04/31/07-Sent out I-129F

05/03/07-NOA1"priority date"

08/20/07-Received hard copy of NOA1...HOORAAY!

09/21/07-NOA2 "APPROVED"

09/26/07-NOA2 Hardcopy

10/31/07-NVC mailed I-129F to Bogota via DHL

11/09/07-Called Dept. of State and interview is set for 12/12/07

12/07/07-Yenifer and I arrive in Bogota

12/12/07-VISA "APPROVED"

12/19/07-Point Of Entry: Miami

01/23/08-Married

AOS, EAD + AP TIMELINE

02/25/08-Mailed AOS, EAD + AP

02/26/08-Packet arrived in Chicago

03/06/08-NOAs received

03/25/08-Biometrics appointment

05/05/08-EAD received

05/09/08-AP received

06/30/08-Card production ordered

07/15/08-Received card today!!!

LIFT CONDITIONS (I-751)

03/15/10-File to lift conditions

03/19/10-NOA1 I-751 receipt notice

03/26/10-NOA2 biometrics scheduled

04/22/10-Biometrics appointment

06/14/10-Card production ordered

Timeline

Hi guys with your help I am getting more information everyday. I called DOS again today and they said the Bogota embassy received our application on May 22, 2007 and sent out the packet 3 also. I am using a lawyer so I guess the lawyer will get the packet 3? Will my fiance get one too? I want my lawyer to use the short cut by sending today or Tuesday the packet 3 response by email or fax. Not sure which is better. Does anyone know from recent experience also what exactly Bogota is requesting for packet 3 (ie the new DS-2100 or just the DS-169, etc. etc.)? I know when I call my lawyer she will want to wait for packet 3 so she will only send what they request. Problem is I do not want to waste the time for the mail to get to her here in Florida. Any additional help is appreciated.

Timeline

We faxed in the OF-169, but I think they also accept the DS2100. We also included the a cover sheet and first part of the DS-230. Why wait? Just download Packet 3 from the embassy site and fax it in.

http://bogota.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/k_in...ions_031908.pdf

Edited by ColombianoGringo

Married: June 11, 2007 - San Andres Isla, Colombia

I-130

7/27/2007 - Sent I-130 Package to TSC*

7/30/2007 - Received by TSC

8/28/2007 - NOA-1 date - CSC

3/19/2008 - NOA2 date -CSC

I-130 held by USCIS for future AOS

I-129F

7/27/2007 - Sent I-129F Package to TSC*

8/30/2007 - NOA-1 - Fee waived

3/19/2008 - NOA2

4/3/2008 - Received by NVC

4/10/2008 - Received by embassy

4/11/2008 - Faxed packet 3 forms to embassy

4/30/2008 - Appointment date assigned

6/19/2008 - Appointment at Bogota Embassy - APPROVED!!!

No touches except when I called CSC directly to inquire.

8/28/2008 - POE Houston

Still being lazy and waiting to do AOS.

*I-130 and I-129F sent together to TSC per USCIS instructions.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Let me know!

Thanks and kind regards,

Diana and Andres

Diana,

You need to keep calling or going in person until you get the visa on his passport. Up until November of last year, people had to leave their passports at the embassy and pick up the visas two days later. So maybe that's what they plan on doing... ? Monday will be a holiday, so I think you will have to check with them on Tuesday. But don't let them give you the run around.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline
Hi guys with your help I am getting more information everyday. I called DOS again today and they said the Bogota embassy received our application on May 22, 2007 and sent out the packet 3 also. I am using a lawyer so I guess the lawyer will get the packet 3? Will my fiance get one too? I want my lawyer to use the short cut by sending today or Tuesday the packet 3 response by email or fax. Not sure which is better. Does anyone know from recent experience also what exactly Bogota is requesting for packet 3 (ie the new DS-2100 or just the DS-169, etc. etc.)? I know when I call my lawyer she will want to wait for packet 3 so she will only send what they request. Problem is I do not want to waste the time for the mail to get to her here in Florida. Any additional help is appreciated.

bigley,

Your lawyer doesn't have to deal with packet 3 at all, in fact, most lawyers don't and you should be thankful for that. What you can do is read the previous posts and take advantage of the fact that your fiancée can send the documents for packet three via e-mail. It'll be faster and hassle free.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline

Just in case you're interested and weren't aware about this info. El SENA is giving free online English classes to all Colombians even if they live outside of Colombia. I'm not sure if it's too late to register for it but you can try. My husband registered and said it's a very good course.

Curso de inglés SENA

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline

Diana,

Are the courses self-paced and do they have a specific start date? My wife would like to take it, but probably won't have time until she gets here. That won't be until probably about July.

Thanks,

CG

Just in case you're interested and weren't aware about this info. El SENA is giving free online English classes to all Colombians even if they live outside of Colombia. I'm not sure if it's too late to register for it but you can try. My husband registered and said it's a very good course.

Curso de inglés SENA

Diana

I-130

I-129F

3/19/2008 - NOA2

8/28/2008 - POE Houston

Timeline

ColombianoGringo

Did you send a copy of fiancee passport (biographical data) also? My fiance is coming with two children so I imagine she would need to send the passport page and page 1 & 2 of DS-230? Am also interested in the english classes online for my fiance if anyone has more information. Trying to get my fiance here before August when school starts but she is unemployed in the health field right now so has time.

Timeline

Hey wanted to again thank this forum for the great advise and information. I have been telling everyone I know about it. Amazing what people can do together. Forget the lawyers. Oh my lawyer does want to be involved with the package 3 but I may have to cut her out of the loop. I will wait till Tuesday since she did not get back to me today about us having already been sent the package 3. I think she now knows I know more about Bogota immigration than she does (thanks to this site). Not even sure if she knows about calling etc. She just tells us to be patient. Sept 7, 07 till now is very patient I think. Thanks again and because of the help from people that have already been approved and are citizens I will try to use my knowledge and my experience for new people on the site when I can.

Timeline

Oops. Now that you mention it, yes she did. Our interview was scheduled about two months from the time we sent in our packet 3. Obviously, this varies, but should be OK for a mid to late July interview

ColombianoGringo

Did you send a copy of fiancee passport (biographical data) also? My fiance is coming with two children so I imagine she would need to send the passport page and page 1 & 2 of DS-230? Am also interested in the english classes online for my fiance if anyone has more information. Trying to get my fiance here before August when school starts but she is unemployed in the health field right now so has time.

Edited by ColombianoGringo

I-130

I-129F

3/19/2008 - NOA2

8/28/2008 - POE Houston

Timeline

Hi everyone!! Hope everyone is doing well! I have a quick question I was going to ask it in the colombia K1 forum but I didnt know how to translate it .....jajjaj.....

In the I-134

Question 11 states

I intend or do not intend to make specific contributions to the support.....

My question is::: which box do I check??? Intend.....or.....DO not intend???? Which box does my co-sponser check???? I have looked around and most people say to write K1- Visa but I would like your feedback??

Thanks

Jennifer

Jennifer

Timeline

HELP IN BARRANQUILLA ... need a kind and benevolent host !!!!

hello all ... I write this out of desperation and in hopes a kind and benevolent soul(s) may come to our

aid.

we have been approved and have recieved our papers so my girls are legal to eneter the U.S. !!

But ... Junnell and Mari have returned to a hostile and potentialy harmfull BAQ. She is now staying in a chaotic

home of family that has 9 people living under one small roof and none are happy she is there.

however I am so very worried in regards to Maria's biological father. He is a potentialy violent person and has struck

my fiance several times in the past. My greatest fear is for my loves' safety !

at the time of this writting we are panicked that he is going to take Maria (the daughter) and never to be seen again.

he is a hypocrite and is only acting out of spite because he has already signed a notorized permission for Maria to

leave and has stated that " ... he doesn't care if she leaves" which we have saved on a phone message.

but our desperation is in the moment. I can't afford a hotel for the girls to hide out in as I am rapidly trying to

purchase departing tickets for the first avail flight which isn't until Tues.

are there any kind and benevolent souls that can help us in Barranquilla .. if only for a cpl of days ?

I know this is alot to ask but we have run out of possibilties.

Pls PM me and we can exchange details and continue in private. Blessings be on all.

Timeline
HELP IN BARRANQUILLA ... need a kind and benevolent host !!!!

Sorry to read about your situation. What you need to do is maximize your credit card, use your bank overdraft (if any) ask your family, friends and colleagues for monetary help.

My wife is from Barranquilla but I wouldn't put her family at risk - you are afraid of your fiance's ex becoming violent - do not ask others to put themselves/their families at risk. Use your credit/money to put her in a hotel where she will feel safe - its best for everyone. If I was in Barranquilla, I would take it upon myself to help but I feel that you do not know anyone on this forum (beyond a little contact on this forum) and shouldn't put them in jeopardy, you need to resolve it within your own circle of family/friends. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.