Peter Miami

Colombia Club

4,917 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
hi Guy,

Visa approved on last Thursday, no problems, we were done at 9:30 am!! at last after seven months!!...now, many things to do, I am going to leave for Seattle in a month and 10 days !!..

Could you please someone give me advises and tips about AOS? I got my birth certificate with the translation, what about apostille? what else do I need?

Thanks in advance for all your support!!

Yazz

:dance::dance:CONRATULATIONS YAZZ !!!!!! :dance::dance:

Scott

K1 TIMELINE

04/31/07-Sent out I-129F

05/03/07-NOA1"priority date"

08/20/07-Received hard copy of NOA1...HOORAAY!

09/21/07-NOA2 "APPROVED"

09/26/07-NOA2 Hardcopy

10/31/07-NVC mailed I-129F to Bogota via DHL

11/09/07-Called Dept. of State and interview is set for 12/12/07

12/07/07-Yenifer and I arrive in Bogota

12/12/07-VISA "APPROVED"

12/19/07-Point Of Entry: Miami

01/23/08-Married

AOS, EAD + AP TIMELINE

02/25/08-Mailed AOS, EAD + AP

02/26/08-Packet arrived in Chicago

03/06/08-NOAs received

03/25/08-Biometrics appointment

05/05/08-EAD received

05/09/08-AP received

06/30/08-Card production ordered

07/15/08-Received card today!!!

LIFT CONDITIONS (I-751)

03/15/10-File to lift conditions

03/19/10-NOA1 I-751 receipt notice

03/26/10-NOA2 biometrics scheduled

04/22/10-Biometrics appointment

06/14/10-Card production ordered

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Question... How much does my fiancee have to pay in Bogota the day of the interview? I have read that K1 visa only costs US$100. Is that true?

..US$131 or

..275.100 pesos

hi Guy,

Visa approved on last Thursday, no problems, we were done at 9:30 am!! at last after seven months!!...now, many things to do, I am going to leave for Seattle in a month and 10 days !!..

Could you please someone give me advises and tips about AOS? I got my birth certificate with the translation, what about apostille? what else do I need?

Yazz

Congratulations Yazz! Margarita still needs to get her birth certificate translated. Where did you get yours done?

thanks john

DON ENRIQUE CORREA TELF 5705594 in bogotá, he is very professional, has been the traslator of my company for many years, very cheap as well and accurate traslation, he did the traslation of my divorce decree for the initial petition!...

Yazz

Timeline

Hey, congrats to all the Colombia club members who have recently been through and passed interviews. Everybody else hang in there it is worth all the waiting and hassle in the end. I have been gone for a while so if someone could help me out with a quick question it would be greatly appreciated. Is there a Colombia Club AOS info board or anything of that nature? We are getting ready to dive into that here pretty soon and the info here was invaluable for the first part of the process. Also if anyone lives in or near Tallahassee, FL send me a PM. There aren't too many spanish speaking people here and as interesting as I am, I am sure that Lina would like to talk to someone else occasionally.

25 April 07- I 129F mailed to Texas Service Center

27 April 07- Recieved by TSC

01 May 07- Recieved and assigned case number by California Service Center

27 Aug 07- Recieved notification by email that I 129F had been approved

24 Sep 07- I 129F recieved by NVC

26 Sep 07- I 129F sent to Bogota

09 Oct 07- Pckt 3 recieved by Lina

15 Oct 07- Pckt 3 paperwork faxed to Embassy

23 Oct 07- Pckt 4 recieved by Lina

14 Nov 07- Medical appointments

19 Nov 07- INTERVIEW DAY!!! APPROVED!!!

30 Dec 07- Traveled to U.S. - POE: Orlando

Timeline
Question... How much does my fiancee have to pay in Bogota the day of the interview? I have read that K1 visa only costs US$100. Is that true?

..US$131 or

..275.100 pesos

hi Guy,

Yazz

Congratulations Yazz. Thank you for trail blazing for the rest of us.

Cameron

07/18/2006 Committed to each other

10/21/2006 Met Carina's family in Bogota

05/10/2007 Became engaged in Medellin

08/27/2007 Sent I-129F

09/18/2007 NOA1 Received

12/18/2007 NOA2 APPROVE

12/21/2007 NOA2 Hardcopy Received

01/11/2008 NVC Received

02/07/2008 FINALLY NVC forwards to Bogota! Longest month of my life.

02/11/2008 Embassy receives our case.

03/31/2008 Our Interview!!! Did I mention this is also my birthday????

03/31/2008 We had our interview and were APPROVED!

04/03/2008 Visas delivered to us in Bogota.

04/05/2008 We leave for the States. POE Atlanta.

"Give me liberty, or give me death" Patrick Henry

Timeline

NVC Quagmire!

NVC has had our paperwork since the 11th of January. I have called twice a week to see if the paperwork has been forwarded to the embassy, and they keep telling me that it is in "Administrative Processing" and that this is normal, but there is no timeline for when it will be completed. I have thought all along that this was their canned answer.

Today, they said that not all paperwork goes through "Administrative Processing", but ours is. Again there is no timeframe for when this may be completed.

Until today, I thought this was a process that everyone went through and ours was only taking longer. Now it seems that ours is out of the ordinary and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this for me. We missed the February interviews and now I am concerned that we may miss the March interviews as well.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Cameron

08/27/2007 Sent I-129F

09/18/2007 NOA1 Received

12/18/2007 NOA2 APPROVE

01/11/2008 NVC Received

Timeline
NVC Quagmire!

NVC has had our paperwork since the 11th of January. I have called twice a week to see if the paperwork has been forwarded to the embassy, and they keep telling me that it is in "Administrative Processing" and that this is normal, but there is no timeline for when it will be completed. I have thought all along that this was their canned answer.

Today, they said that not all paperwork goes through "Administrative Processing", but ours is. Again there is no timeframe for when this may be completed.

Until today, I thought this was a process that everyone went through and ours was only taking longer. Now it seems that ours is out of the ordinary and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this for me. We missed the February interviews and now I am concerned that we may miss the March interviews as well.

Cameron

Many thanks to everybody!!!!!!!!

Yazz

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
NVC Quagmire!

Cameron

Cameron,

Some people will go through Administrative Processing for whatever reason they find. In most cases it means there was a red flag based on either the petitioner's or beneficiary's names. What they do is run whatever information they found through the FBI to make sure it comes back clean before sending the case to the embassy. Unfortunately, this process can take a while and you just have to keep calling them until they say you're out of "Administrative Processing".

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline
NVC Quagmire!

Cameron

Cameron,

Some people will go through Administrative Processing for whatever reason they find. In most cases it means there was a red flag based on either the petitioner's or beneficiary's names. What they do is run whatever information they found through the FBI to make sure it comes back clean before sending the case to the embassy. Unfortunately, this process can take a while and you just have to keep calling them until they say you're out of "Administrative Processing".

Diana

Thanx Diana,

They had always told me that this is a normal process that everyone goes through until yesterday. I am normally the calm one, but this upset me yesterday. I continue to try to calm Carina, but she is about to freak out!! jajajajajaj We will continue to be patient. I am so thankful for everyone in this forum. It is only a little speed bump, but it is encouraging to have the experience of this forum to rely on and to calm the nerves!!

Cameron

08/27/2007 Sent I-129F

09/18/2007 NOA1 Received

12/18/2007 NOA2 APPROVE

01/11/2008 NVC Received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
NVC Quagmire!

Cameron

Hi everyone. I sent an email to the embassy on Jan 28, and still haven't gotten a relpy. Has anyone gotten a reply from the embassy? How long does it usually take? thanks john

Cameron,

Diana

Thanx Diana,

They had always told me that this is a normal process that everyone goes through until yesterday. I am normally the calm one, but this upset me yesterday. I continue to try to calm Carina, but she is about to freak out!! jajajajajaj We will continue to be patient. I am so thankful for everyone in this forum. It is only a little speed bump, but it is encouraging to have the experience of this forum to rely on and to calm the nerves!!

Cameron

Timeline
Congrats Yazz!!!!

Sorry to hear about your situation Eric...hope you get noa2 fast. Hang in there.

Thanks Lucho,

I am so ready for her to be here with me...I'm hanging in there

God Bless

I-129F

October 11, 2006 Met

January 12, 2007 Went on Vacation Santa Marta Colombia

February 12, 2007 Went to Bogota to spend US Valentines togehter

March 15, 2007 Went back to Bogota more time togethter

April 13, 2007 Back to Bogota for my love

May 19, 2007 sent I-129F (Vertmont)

May 24, 2007 received NOA1

June 24, 2007 Back to Bogota for my LOOOOVE!

July 5, 2007 RFE

July 16, 2007 Received Evidence (wait 60 days)

Sept 13, 2007 Touch (told to wait...maybe 30-45 more days)

Sept 19, 2007 Touch (told 60 day window is actual working days aaaagh!)

Oct 11, 2007 Touched called USCIS for status and went to my local office (no help...still waiting)

Nov 5, 2007 Recvd notice of denial for divorce decree signature date

Nov 6 -30 2007 Met w local Senator, local Homeland Secrty Office, Touch USCIS office

Nov 30, 2007 Refiled at greater expense, and now longer delay

Dec 6, 2007 NOA1

Feb 20, 2008 NOA2 (Approved application I-129F)

Feb 25, 2008 Application Recvd by NVC (NVC forwarding application to US Embassy Bogota via DHL today)

Feb 28, 2008 application received by Embassy via DHL per NVC

Mar 3 sent fax of packet 3 to US Embassy Bogota (waiting for embassy to send packet 3 to apt in Bogota)

Mar 14 called NVC again & found our packet 3 mailed on 3/13/08 & our interview was scheduled for 4/17/08

Mar 19 received packet 3 from US Embassy

April 17, 2008 We ARE APPROVED!!!

April 22, VISA in hand

May 27, Arrive in the US

Remember God is in the blessing business, and business is always good

Timeline

heys guys, what has been the experience for recieving the visa? How many days after the Visa is approved? And where are you guys having them delivered? To your hotel? I will be heading down there on the 14th of this month and our interview is the 19th. I have a flexible return date, I am looking to arrange my visiting time in Bogota. I found a great website to give me some ideas on what to do. One of the things I am going to do is head out of town to the North to visit a Race car track. What I am asking about is how long is your guys experience with recieving the visa? Many Thanks, Derrick

Timeline

I was wondering if anyone has heard this. A poster in another forum has said that there is a new procedure at NVC that everyone now goes through administravite processing at NVC and once cleared, packet 3 is sent out from NVC and only packet 4 will be sent from the embassy. Another person posted that this is now the procedure and that it is the way of all the consular offices. I have attached the posting below.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=105301

Cameron

08/27/2007 Sent I-129F

09/18/2007 NOA1 Received

12/18/2007 NOA2 APPROVE

01/11/2008 NVC Received

Timeline
Good luck Luis & Wendy tomorrow with AOS! There are many of us right behind you in this process, and we will all benifit from your success and feedback!!

Scott & Yenifer, Big day tomorrow for you as well!!! The best to both of you and thank you for all your help!

Sandy and I are waiting for Domesa and hoping to recieve the visa's for her and our baby by Thursday as our flight is schedulued for Friday. I am optimistic because we where approved last Friday, however Monday was holiday in USA and obseerved by the Embassy here in Bogota as well. I really do not want to reschedule ( and pay additional fee's) but will do so if we do not recieve by Thursday!

hi quick question so I was looking at your timeline and it says that the 4th of december you received packet 3 and the 5th you had the appointment what did you do to receive an appointment right away. I sent my packet 3 last week. please right back thanks

.png

.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
hi quick question so I was looking at your timeline and it says that the 4th of december you received packet 3 and the 5th you had the appointment what did you do to receive an appointment right away. I sent my packet 3 last week. please right back thanks

He must have used the shortcut, which is faxing packet 3 to the embassy. There is a lot of info in this thread regarding the shortcuts. Hope you find the k1/k3 guide I wrote up a while back. I'm not sure on what page it is on, but it should be here.

:thumbs:

K1

1/22/07: I-129F sent to CSC

1/23/07: I-129F packet received and signed for at 9:45A.M.!!

1/29/07: NOA1

4/27/07: NOA2

5/01/07: NOA2 Hardcopy received

5/10/07: Approval arrives at NVC

5/14/07: Leaves NVC

5/17/07: Arrives at Bogota, Colombia

5/18/07: Packet 3 faxed to Embassy

5/22/07: Packet 3 sent via courier

5/30/07: Wendy receives packet 3 (Good thing we used the shortcut)

6/04/07: Packet 4 received

7/03/07: Medical appt. scheduled

7/05/07: Interview!!!! VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

7/09/07: Visa in hand!!!

7/11/07: Point of Entry at LAX, complete success!!!!!!!!!!

7/24/07: Married!!!

AOS & EAD

07/27/07: Filed for AOS & EAD

08/02/07: Arrives at Chicago

09/10/07: NOA1

09/11/07: Social Security card in hand

10/12/07: Biometrics appointment

10/25/07: EAD Approved

01/23/08: Interview = APPROVED

02/02/08: Green Card received...10 day turn around, not bad!!!

Removing Conditions

11/12/09: Mailed to CSC!

11/13/09: Arrives at CSC!

11/16/09: NOA1

11/18/09: Check Cashed!

12/14/09: Biometrics

01/07/10: Card Production Ordered (APPROVED)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

He must have used the shortcut, which is faxing packet 3 to the embassy. There is a lot of info in this thread regarding the shortcuts. Hope you find the k1/k3 guide I wrote up a while back. I'm not sure on what page it is on, but it should be here.

:thumbs:

Here is the most recent shortcut guide... http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=1329162

Lucho...thanks for helping Yenifer with that info...we are heading to our local SSO today :thumbs:

Scott

K1 TIMELINE

04/31/07-Sent out I-129F

05/03/07-NOA1"priority date"

08/20/07-Received hard copy of NOA1...HOORAAY!

09/21/07-NOA2 "APPROVED"

09/26/07-NOA2 Hardcopy

10/31/07-NVC mailed I-129F to Bogota via DHL

11/09/07-Called Dept. of State and interview is set for 12/12/07

12/07/07-Yenifer and I arrive in Bogota

12/12/07-VISA "APPROVED"

12/19/07-Point Of Entry: Miami

01/23/08-Married

AOS, EAD + AP TIMELINE

02/25/08-Mailed AOS, EAD + AP

02/26/08-Packet arrived in Chicago

03/06/08-NOAs received

03/25/08-Biometrics appointment

05/05/08-EAD received

05/09/08-AP received

06/30/08-Card production ordered

07/15/08-Received card today!!!

LIFT CONDITIONS (I-751)

03/15/10-File to lift conditions

03/19/10-NOA1 I-751 receipt notice

03/26/10-NOA2 biometrics scheduled

04/22/10-Biometrics appointment

06/14/10-Card production ordered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.