Peter Miami

Colombia Club

4,917 posts in this topic

Congratulations Bundy. That is great news. :)

Was Paola able to determine why the 5 women before her were denied?

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Congratulations Bundy. That is great news. :)

Was Paola able to determine why the 5 women before her were denied?

Thanks everyone.

She said one of the women did not have all the required information in her packet, so the visa was denied and she was immediatley scheduled another interview date for mid February. The other four she was not sure of and was afraid to ask.

Bundy

05/11/2007: I-129F petition received Texas Service Center (11:09 am)

05/14/2007: Received Date on NOA-1 (petition sent to CSC)

05/24/2007: Recevied NOA1 via Snail Mail

10/05/2007: TOUCHED---FINALLY

10/09/2007: RFE notice received via email

10/10/2007: Touch, Touch again 10/17 due to phone call

10/18/2007: Received RFE Hard Copy via snail mail

10/19/2007: Touch

10/20/2007: Resent RFE information to CSC

10/22/2007: RFE info received CSC (6:29 am-signed for by V. Semegi)

10/22/2007: Touch. Touched again 10/30, 10/31, 11/01, 11/02

11/02/2007: NOA-2 APPROVED-USCIS Website

11/08/2007: Received NOA-2 via snail mail

11/19/2007: NVC Receives petition

11/21/2007: NVC forwards petition to consulate in Bogota, Colombia

11/26/2007: Petition received by consulate in Bogota

12/04/2007: Received packet 3

12/05/2007: Interview Date issued - January 16, 2008

01/16/2008: Visa Approved

04/21/2008: Wedding Day

05/02/2008: K1 Visa Expires

We still don't have our interview appointment. DOS computers are down and trying to call the embassy during the measly 2 hours that they make themselves available each week was useless. Out of 20 or more tries the farthest I got was being transfered to a phone that rang unanswered for at least 5 minutes until I finally gave up. The rest of the time the line just rang busy. :(

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Hello everyone! Haven't posted in a while. Great to see so many approvals! Paola's interview is next Wednesday and she flys out Sunday for Bogota. Medical on Monday, shopping on Tuesday, cita on Wednesday! She went yesterday to buy a jacket for herself and daughter because living in Cali, they never really needed one. She is so nervous about the interview. We have waited so long for this moment and we just want the visa so bad! Congratulations on all who received their visas and good luck in all your future endeavors! Hopefully I will have some good news to post next week!!!! :innocent:

Bundy

:dance::dance:APPROVED!!! :dance::dance:

Today was our interview and everything went great! Paola arrived at 5:30 this morning and was finished around 11:30. Get this..........the interviewing officer (a lady) did not ask any questions and did not ask to see any infomration Paola brought with her (pictures, emails, letters, etc). Paola said all she did was look over her packet, checked to make sure she had everything, and said your approved! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! Very easy and I expected it to be much harder, but it was pretty quick and painless. Hope to have Paola here Feb 1 and POE will be Miami!

On a sad note, Paola told me that 5 women before her were denied! She was very nervous when she went to the window because of all the denials that were being handed out. She was also nervous that I didn't attend the interview because everyone else brought their novio or husband. She was the only female there without her significant other. So, it seems that it is not necessary for the petitioner to attend the visa interview and having them there has not bearing on the outcome.

Thanks to all that helped me get thru the rough times, those that shared valuable information, and those that kept me in check! I owe a ton to Visa Journey and it's valuable members! Godspeed on your journey!

Bundy

Bundy Congratulations!!!

I can only hope that Sandy's interview this Friday goes as well and fast as yours went today. Since arriving here in Bogota Sunday, Sandy and I have been rehersing and checking documents! I am very excited as well as nervous, and am putting it all in the hands of God. Man, this is enough stress to make a person crazy!

We have all the confidence in the world, thanks again to all the great supprt provided here, yet nerves are still on edge.

STEVE & SANDY Hill

Our K1 Timeline

Met online - March 30 2007

Sent I129 - June 15 2007

Received - June 18 2007

Check Cashed - June 22 2007

Recieved NOA1 - June 25 2007

Receved NOA2 - November 20 2007 (FINALLY)

NVC received - November 26 2007

NVC mailed DHL to Bogota - November 28 2007

Package received Embassy in Bogota - December 3 2007

Faxed Packet 3 to Embassy - December 3 2007

Interview - January 18 2008 APPROVED

POE - FLL Jan 25 (Hassle free & quick)

Marriage - Feb. 19th 2008

AOS - EAD - AP Timeline

Mailed AOS, EAD & AP - March 13th 2008

Arrived at Chicago Lockbox - March 15 2008

Signature confirmation of delivery - March 16 2008

Check's cashed - March 21 2008

NOA's recieved - March 23 2008

Biometrics - April 16 2008

AP & EAD Received - May 16 2008

AOS Touches - May 14 & 18 2008

AOS card production ordered - June 12 2008

AOS welcome package sent - June 12 2008

Green Card's Recieved (Sandy & Daughter) June 20 2008

Timeline

Almost there Bill... sorry that you're going through these silly delays. Do tell us if you can what reason, if any, they give for giving you a pain.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Congratulations Bundy!

Other than obvious reasons for denial, I am also starting to think that it has little effect whether the petitioner is there or not. I'd bet they already know who is approved and who is denied long before they even set the interview, and when they ask a handful of questions at the interview it is just like a spot check at the airport. Besides support; if one is denied, then the best the spouse can probably do by being at the interview is complain, but they won't be changing their mind/approving until later.

Packet 3 states:

Your fiancé/e/ spouse is not required to be present at the interview, but the consular officer may recommend that he/she come to the Embassy for an additional interview at a future date.

One would have to come back later anyway, so I don't think I am going to stress about being there or not anymore.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

QUESTION!!

This is my dilema. I graduated from college a little over 6 months ago. My last semester was the only semester that I worked full time (meaning I worked full time from February til now)

Up until then I didn't meet the support requirements at all because I was a full time student and pretty much living in the dorms at school through financial aid and scholarships.

The taxes that I am filing for this year will definately meet the support requirements needed (I make now about $24,000) but what about my other years? I know everyone takes about 3 years worth of taxes...I have them but they dont meet the poverty guidelines...

So my concern is...Will this put my finance in danger of not being approved? Will only using this years taxes be enough? Should I take my "not so stellar" taxes from '05 and '06? I am using a lawyer and they said there shouldn't be a problem but I worry because of some of the cases I have heared on this website of the lawyers not really knowing anything and jipping there clients!

:unsure: Please give me any ideas you may have regarding this issue!

Thanks soo much!

Diana B.

10/17/07...Lawyer sent overnight to USCIS...
07/17/08...VISA RECEIVED!
POE LAX 07/25/2008
Civil wedding...8/1/08

AOS
08/25/08...NOA1
09/23/08...Biometrics
11/10/08...EAD and AP approved!
12/27/08...Appointment letter received
02/20/09...Appointment at local Santa Ana office
02/28/09...GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!

REMOVE CONDITIONS
12/01/2010...Mailed I-751 for removal of conditions.
12/02/2010...NOA1
01/19/2011...Biometrics
03/10/2011...Card Production ordered!! Approval 10 Year Green Card!
**/**/****....card received

Naturalization Process

05/04/2013 application submitted

05/25/2013 biometrics done

06/25/2013 Noa received

07/29/2013 Naturalization Interview

08/21/2013 Oath Ceremony

Son was born 08/30/2013

.png

Timeline

Those of us that have attended our K beneficiaries interviews agree that our presence DID in fact facilitate approvals. However, this does not imply facilitating a denial if you're not there either. It may make things easier on your beneficiary as well in showing your support of the relationship.

Better play it safe and take advantage of the fact that you want to be with your beneficiary during these times rather than play roulette.

Plus, you as the petitioner may get the chance to answer questions from the CO, cutting down on the total interview time and deflecting any potentially stressful and confusing situations that may arise from your beneficiaries not being able to clearly answer questions to the CO's satisfaction.

Choose as you will, though.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Timeline

This question is a little late since Fernanda has already had her interview, but when you are approved for a K-3 visa are you supposed to get this sealed envelope I hear so much about? Fernanda did not receive any envelope at her interview. I'm concerned, because I do not want her to arrive in Miami and then be asked where this envelope is. They told her the visa would be delivered in about a week. That was all. :wacko:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
This question is a little late since Fernanda has already had her interview, but when you are approved for a K-3 visa are you supposed to get this sealed envelope I hear so much about? Fernanda did not receive any envelope at her interview. I'm concerned, because I do not want her to arrive in Miami and then be asked where this envelope is. They told her the visa would be delivered in about a week. That was all. :wacko:

Hi Matt, when Fernanda receives her visa, she'll be receiving this SO Famous envelope. I read somewhere in this forum that the beneficiary will be asked for this envelope when he/she leaves and when he/she enters at the POE (obviously) make sure she carries it with her in the carry on.

Timeline

That sealed brown envelope will arrive with the visa from domesa, so dont worry !!!!

Congratulations !!

(L) BRIAN AND YENYS (L)

Timeline
:dance::dance:"CONRATULATIONS MATT & FERNANDA...AND...ANA & JUAN" :dance::dance:

:thumbs::thumbs:"GOOD LUCK TO STEVE & SANDY" :thumbs::thumbs:

No worries bud...you will do just fine!!!

Say hi to Bob & Luz Eleina...and don't forget Johanna.

Thank you! I also wanted to thank the both of you personally, because I closely followed your process and posts. Thank you for all of your help.

I couldn't agree more, Scott & Yenifer, Brian & Yenis and Diana, their help and support throughout this process, and those who just by sharing their different experiences will help others that just come by, read and take the knowledgement to go on with each personal case.

Good luck!!! to the new appointments, just follow your heart, if you guys know that what you're doing is honest, there is no need to feel nervous, just leave it to God's hands.

Ana (F)

:innocent: :innocent: AMEN !! :innocent::innocent:

Edited by Brian and Yenys

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.