Peter Miami

Colombia Club

4,917 posts in this topic

We are still waiting for an interview appointment. Our package 3 response was received by the embassy on Dec 28. Did anyone who sent in their response at about the same time or later receive an appointment yet?

Thanks!

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
We are still waiting for an interview appointment. Our package 3 response was received by the embassy on Dec 28. Did anyone who sent in their response at about the same time or later receive an appointment yet?

Thanks!

Bill and Bella,

I don't know what kind of resource you're using to check the appointment, the only way I know and for a fact is the fastest is for you to call everyday the NVC, they will know the same day the embassy assigns the appointment, after the 15 you can also check this link, it's hard to be patient when you see the day closer, just call everyday and when you least know it they'll give you the good news.

http://bogota.usembassy.gov/iv-appointments.html

Good luck........ Ana

Thanks!

Bill and Bella,

I don't know what kind of resource you're using to check the appointment, the only way I know and for a fact is the fastest is for you to call everyday the NVC, they will know the same day the embassy assigns the appointment, after the 15 you can also check this link, it's hard to be patient when you see the day closer, just call everyday and when you least know it they'll give you the good news.

http://bogota.usembassy.gov/iv-appointments.html

Good luck........ Ana

Thanks Ana. I call DOS once a day. They are easier to talk to than NVC and they have access to everything the embassy enters into the system.

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: Timeline

Thanks!

I sent my pack 3 in dec 27th. I have my appointment in feb 4. My fiance called to DOS. But I have not got my pack 4.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello everyone! Haven't posted in a while. Great to see so many approvals! Paola's interview is next Wednesday and she flys out Sunday for Bogota. Medical on Monday, shopping on Tuesday, cita on Wednesday! She went yesterday to buy a jacket for herself and daughter because living in Cali, they never really needed one. She is so nervous about the interview. We have waited so long for this moment and we just want the visa so bad! Congratulations on all who received their visas and good luck in all your future endeavors! Hopefully I will have some good news to post next week!!!! :innocent:

Bundy

05/11/2007: I-129F petition received Texas Service Center (11:09 am)

05/14/2007: Received Date on NOA-1 (petition sent to CSC)

05/24/2007: Recevied NOA1 via Snail Mail

10/05/2007: TOUCHED---FINALLY

10/09/2007: RFE notice received via email

10/10/2007: Touch, Touch again 10/17 due to phone call

10/18/2007: Received RFE Hard Copy via snail mail

10/19/2007: Touch

10/20/2007: Resent RFE information to CSC

10/22/2007: RFE info received CSC (6:29 am-signed for by V. Semegi)

10/22/2007: Touch. Touched again 10/30, 10/31, 11/01, 11/02

11/02/2007: NOA-2 APPROVED-USCIS Website

11/08/2007: Received NOA-2 via snail mail

11/19/2007: NVC Receives petition

11/21/2007: NVC forwards petition to consulate in Bogota, Colombia

11/26/2007: Petition received by consulate in Bogota

12/04/2007: Received packet 3

12/05/2007: Interview Date issued - January 16, 2008

01/16/2008: Visa Approved

04/21/2008: Wedding Day

05/02/2008: K1 Visa Expires

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thanks!

I sent my pack 3 in dec 27th. I have my appointment in feb 4. My fiance called to DOS. But I have not got my pack 4.

Chiqui78

What city are you from? My husband is from Medellin and he never received package 4, he called the embassy and they told him to send a notified letter and have someone to pick it up for him in Bogota, this person then went to the embassy on a Thursday (only day the embassy allows the package to be pick up) and sent it to my husband by Servientrega, he received it the next day, my husband is in Bogota already, his appointment is on Monday Jan. 14 and he never received the package, so just be careful and don't leave it for the last minute, also, on Wednesday when he went to the laboratory to have her blood text and X-ray done, he was talking to a couple of people that had received the package on Monday andt their appointment was set for today.

Thanks to this website, and all the posts, we were able to make it to have everything ready, 'cause the lawyer just charged his money and didn't care for anything else.

Good luck ..... Ana (F)

Timeline

hello everyone...congratulations to everyone who has been approved or has made it to the next step in this long process!!! I am posting because we have our interview on the 14th and maybe can give some information that could help others out who are in the same or similar place as my fiance and i...if you plan on going to the lab exam with your boy/girl friend bring a book an ipod or something that can keep you occuppied for more than an hour...you will not be allowed to enter the waiting room with him/her and therefore have to wait outside for who knows how long...we got there at around 730 am and i have to wait a good two hours outside...also bring a jacket!! Again if you plan to go to the phsical appointment with him/her you will be allowed in the waiting room which is nice..haha...you both could be in for another long wait...just so everyone knows...lets see what else can i offer for advice...know that the day after you have your physical you will have to return to that doctors office to pick up the results from both the physical and the xray blood test...that is all i can offer for advice for the time being i think...i will make sure to post what happens at the interview as soon as possible...hope this helps some of you who are so eagerly awaiting the next step!! Also, if you are looking for a place to stay in bogota as posted earlier-www.bogotacolombialodging.com is a wonderful site...i am staying in a guest house for 20 dollars a night the room is clean and perfect for a quick few days in bogota..there is free internet and free calls to the us and hot water!!! It is close to the airport and to the docters and embassy...we went to doctor gonzalez and it was less than a 10.000 cab ride from the hotel..i didnt think that was too bad...let me know if there is anything else at all that i can help you with or answer for you...good luck to everyone!!!!

Filed: Timeline

Thanks!

Chiqui78

What city are you from? My husband is from Medellin and he never received package 4, he called the embassy and they told him to send a notified letter and have someone to pick it up for him in Bogota, this person then went to the embassy on a Thursday (only day the embassy allows the package to be pick up) and sent it to my husband by Servientrega, he received it the next day, my husband is in Bogota already, his appointment is on Monday Jan. 14 and he never received the package, so just be careful and don't leave it for the last minute, also, on Wednesday when he went to the laboratory to have her blood text and X-ray done, he was talking to a couple of people that had received the package on Monday andt their appointment was set for today.

Thanks to this website, and all the posts, we were able to make it to have everything ready, 'cause the lawyer just charged his money and didn't care for anything else.

Good luck ..... Ana (F)

Ana.

I am from Bogotà, Yes you are right l should not leave this for the last minute, l think if l dont get my pack 4 this week l should pick it up asap. I am very grateful with this web too.

Good Luck and PLEASE dont forget tell us how was your inteview. Good Luck!!!!

Thanks!

Hmmmm. That is the same day I sent our response. How long have you known about the appointment? Ours is still not scheduled. I call DOS once or twice each day.

Edited by Bill y Bella

My Timeline:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
this person then went to the embassy on a Thursday (only day the embassy allows the package to be pick up)

I just wanted to say that this is what they told us too, but our contact went on a Monday. She did not get it on Monday because the line was too long for her to wait, so she went back on Tuesday, and they gave it to her.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
hello everyone...congratulations to everyone who has been approved or has made it to the next step in this long process!!! I am posting because we have our interview on the 14th and maybe can give some information that could help others out who are in the same or similar place as my fiance and i...if you plan on going to the lab exam with your boy/girl friend bring a book an ipod or something that can keep you occuppied for more than an hour...you will not be allowed to enter the waiting room with him/her and therefore have to wait outside for who knows how long...we got there at around 730 am and i have to wait a good two hours outside...also bring a jacket!! Again if you plan to go to the phsical appointment with him/her you will be allowed in the waiting room which is nice..haha...you both could be in for another long wait...just so everyone knows...lets see what else can i offer for advice...know that the day after you have your physical you will have to return to that doctors office to pick up the results from both the physical and the xray blood test...that is all i can offer for advice for the time being i think...i will make sure to post what happens at the interview as soon as possible...hope this helps some of you who are so eagerly awaiting the next step!! Also, if you are looking for a place to stay in bogota as posted earlier-www.bogotacolombialodging.com is a wonderful site...i am staying in a guest house for 20 dollars a night the room is clean and perfect for a quick few days in bogota..there is free internet and free calls to the us and hot water!!! It is close to the airport and to the docters and embassy...we went to doctor gonzalez and it was less than a 10.000 cab ride from the hotel..i didnt think that was too bad...let me know if there is anything else at all that i can help you with or answer for you...good luck to everyone!!!!

This is just an added note. If you end up going to Dr. Roa's office, you will not be let in the building, so plan to stay outside while they're getting thei physical exam done.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Erika, Good luck on Monday! We are arriving on Sunday to the same apartments, our interview is on Friday! We are nervous, after such along wait Good luck to all of us as I know there are several interviews coming up this week!

STEVE & SANDY Hill

Our K1 Timeline

Met online - March 30 2007

Sent I129 - June 15 2007

Received - June 18 2007

Check Cashed - June 22 2007

Recieved NOA1 - June 25 2007

Receved NOA2 - November 20 2007 (FINALLY)

NVC received - November 26 2007

NVC mailed DHL to Bogota - November 28 2007

Package received Embassy in Bogota - December 3 2007

Faxed Packet 3 to Embassy - December 3 2007

Interview - January 18 2008 APPROVED

POE - FLL Jan 25 (Hassle free & quick)

Marriage - Feb. 19th 2008

AOS - EAD - AP Timeline

Mailed AOS, EAD & AP - March 13th 2008

Arrived at Chicago Lockbox - March 15 2008

Signature confirmation of delivery - March 16 2008

Check's cashed - March 21 2008

NOA's recieved - March 23 2008

Biometrics - April 16 2008

AP & EAD Received - May 16 2008

AOS Touches - May 14 & 18 2008

AOS card production ordered - June 12 2008

AOS welcome package sent - June 12 2008

Green Card's Recieved (Sandy & Daughter) June 20 2008

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
This is just an added note. If you end up going to Dr. Roa's office, you will not be let in the building, so plan to stay outside while they're getting thei physical exam done.

Diana

Diana,

Yenifer had her appointment with Roa and I was allowed to sit and wait with her the whole time...we were there a little over an hour.

I guess it just depends on the mood they are in that day??? :blink:

Scott

K1 TIMELINE

04/31/07-Sent out I-129F

05/03/07-NOA1"priority date"

08/20/07-Received hard copy of NOA1...HOORAAY!

09/21/07-NOA2 "APPROVED"

09/26/07-NOA2 Hardcopy

10/31/07-NVC mailed I-129F to Bogota via DHL

11/09/07-Called Dept. of State and interview is set for 12/12/07

12/07/07-Yenifer and I arrive in Bogota

12/12/07-VISA "APPROVED"

12/19/07-Point Of Entry: Miami

01/23/08-Married

AOS, EAD + AP TIMELINE

02/25/08-Mailed AOS, EAD + AP

02/26/08-Packet arrived in Chicago

03/06/08-NOAs received

03/25/08-Biometrics appointment

05/05/08-EAD received

05/09/08-AP received

06/30/08-Card production ordered

07/15/08-Received card today!!!

LIFT CONDITIONS (I-751)

03/15/10-File to lift conditions

03/19/10-NOA1 I-751 receipt notice

03/26/10-NOA2 biometrics scheduled

04/22/10-Biometrics appointment

06/14/10-Card production ordered

Timeline

Erika, Good luck on Monday! We are arriving on Sunday to the same apartments, our interview is on Friday! We are nervous, after such along wait Good luck to all of us as I know there are several interviews coming up this week!

Thank you!!!! The same to you and all the upcoming people with interviews! Are you staying in an apartment, bed and breakfast or the guest house??! If you are staying in the guest house we will surely meet-how crazy would that be! Let me know-i would love to meet you and talk about any information that we could help each other with!!

Timeline

Hello Colombia Club!!!

Just wanted to say congrats to all the people who have gotten their Visas! YAY for you guys!! I was soooooo excited when I saw this website a couple of weeks ago...I am just awestruck by the amount of support everyone has given each other through out the whole visa process.

I have to say that this is my first time posting and that I want to be part of the club.

It took me forever to read the post on this forum :reading: ...to tell you the truth I only got to page 181...(sorry my eyes went kaput after that :dead: ).. But I think I have the general gist of the process...I have my notes all filled out with just about everything and there are some great tips out there! Especially the short cuts.

I do have questions though...several pertaining to my personal situation. I hope you guys could answer these for me and help me through the long wait that I have in store for me!

Thanks again!

Lots of love and Good luck to all seeking a happy ending!

Diana B.

P.S. yeah...another Diana with a hubbie in Colombia! I'll put my last initial (which hopefully in 6 months or so will be changing to M!! :wub: ) just so we can differentiate between the two Diana's.

10/17/07...Lawyer sent overnight to USCIS...
07/17/08...VISA RECEIVED!
POE LAX 07/25/2008
Civil wedding...8/1/08

AOS
08/25/08...NOA1
09/23/08...Biometrics
11/10/08...EAD and AP approved!
12/27/08...Appointment letter received
02/20/09...Appointment at local Santa Ana office
02/28/09...GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!

REMOVE CONDITIONS
12/01/2010...Mailed I-751 for removal of conditions.
12/02/2010...NOA1
01/19/2011...Biometrics
03/10/2011...Card Production ordered!! Approval 10 Year Green Card!
**/**/****....card received

Naturalization Process

05/04/2013 application submitted

05/25/2013 biometrics done

06/25/2013 Noa received

07/29/2013 Naturalization Interview

08/21/2013 Oath Ceremony

Son was born 08/30/2013

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.