Peter Miami

Colombia Club

4,917 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Thank you everyone for your input on the dual citizenship issue. All this information gives Fernanda and I a lot to consider. I do not see the kids staying more than 3 months at a time in Colombia. I do not know if it will really be necessary for them to have dual citizenship.

Also, Fernanda had her appointment today with Dr. Roa. She said that she had to completely undress. She started to tell me something else was strange, but said she did not know how to explain it in english. So I will find out tomorrow. She is a nurse and told the nurse at the office that it was completely unnecessary. But the nurse insisted that she must undress.

I have another question for those of you who have been to your interview. Fernanda was saying something about having to pay more for the K-3 at the Embassy. I told her that the $100 at the Banco de Credito was all she had to spend. Are there any additional fees besides the interview fee at the Banco de Credito and the Domesa fee you must pay for the K-3 visa?

The charge now is $131.00 USD for the k-3 and k-1 visa application fee....you will not pay any other fee's at the Embassy, except the shipping charge from DOMESA to send the approved visa in passport to your house address....good luck

Thank you for your help. It is greatly appreciated. Did you pick up your visa at the Domesa office in Bogota or did you have it sent to your home?

HI Matt We Pick up The Visa at DOMESA OFFICE CARTAGENA, But we paid for the service that will Deliver it at your house because there is not more option, We Pick it up at the DOMESA OFFICE because we keep calling to DOMESA and They told us that they had our Visa there.

God Bless You,

(L) Brian and Yenys (L)

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I need a little help, My fiancées interview is scheduled for the 23 of January, My plan was to go down there on the 15th, help here with doctors app and paying the bank, get the visa and leave together on the 27th.

How long does it take to get the Visa after the interview? I am in the military so it is not easy for me to stay a long time. I was planning on buying us both tickets to leave on the 27th or 28th. When can we pick up the Visa after it gets approved?????

anyone know?

Filed: Timeline

I hate to ask questions that have been answered 1,000 times, but I don't see anything in the non-forum area and my searches turn up nothing helpful. Or perhaps my severe ####### retentiveness drives me to ask questions regarded as stupid by others. Anyway, I am filling out the I-129F and G-325A and have concerns about the address format. I figured people in this thread have the most knowledge consdiering it is dedicated to Colombia.

On what line should the barrio be listed? I was thinking for barrio, list it on the street address line as <Barrio> <Calle> X No Yy-Zz.

Should I leave the Zip code blank, or enter None or N/A?

The last thing I want is someone to deny my application for being incorrect, incomplete, or future correspondence not reaching my wife-to-be because the address is not processed correctly.

Would someone who has done this please offer some guidance?

Edited by jimmy477

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Good Luck to all the Interviewees today! Let's end the year with all approvals!!!

STEVE & SANDY Hill

Our K1 Timeline

Met online - March 30 2007

Sent I129 - June 15 2007

Received - June 18 2007

Check Cashed - June 22 2007

Recieved NOA1 - June 25 2007

Receved NOA2 - November 20 2007 (FINALLY)

NVC received - November 26 2007

NVC mailed DHL to Bogota - November 28 2007

Package received Embassy in Bogota - December 3 2007

Faxed Packet 3 to Embassy - December 3 2007

Interview - January 18 2008 APPROVED

POE - FLL Jan 25 (Hassle free & quick)

Marriage - Feb. 19th 2008

AOS - EAD - AP Timeline

Mailed AOS, EAD & AP - March 13th 2008

Arrived at Chicago Lockbox - March 15 2008

Signature confirmation of delivery - March 16 2008

Check's cashed - March 21 2008

NOA's recieved - March 23 2008

Biometrics - April 16 2008

AP & EAD Received - May 16 2008

AOS Touches - May 14 & 18 2008

AOS card production ordered - June 12 2008

AOS welcome package sent - June 12 2008

Green Card's Recieved (Sandy & Daughter) June 20 2008

Timeline

Just drop by to share the good news with you: OUR VISA WAS APPROVED. The interview last few minutes, three questions: how many times have your fiancé has visited you, how many times have you visited him and where did you live while doing your masters degree in USA. Did not ask for any evidence and everything was in Spanish. I will post more details latter on.

It was nice meeting some people from VJ, please let us now how it went for you guys!!!

04/24/07 File sent

05/21/07 NOA1 (not mail)

05/24/07 Touched

06/14//07 Touched

Timeline
Just drop by to share the good news with you: OUR VISA WAS APPROVED. The interview last few minutes, three questions: how many times have your fiancé has visited you, how many times have you visited him and where did you live while doing your masters degree in USA. Did not ask for any evidence and everything was in Spanish. I will post more details latter on.

It was nice meeting some people from VJ, please let us now how it went for you guys!!!

Awesome, felicidades MV-JR... a couple more to go to make it 100% today!

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Good Luck to all 31st. appointments, I know you guys will do just fine; we want to hear how things went.

I have a question regarding a K-3 visa documents, they're almost the same as for the K-1 but I need to be sure on what to do. :unsure:

My husband’s interview will be on January 14, 2008, I paid a lawyer to do all the documents, BUT, my husband called me this morning and he’s kind of worry because the putting all the documents together, and in the same order the Embassy is requesting them the "Affidavit of Support" I sent is not the one the Embassy is asking for, the lawyer gave me I-134 and the Embassy is asking for the I-864 which is a longer form, he’ll be traveling to Bogota next Tuesday and if I need to send him I-864 it’ll have to be done by Wednesday.

PLEASE, any of you guys who already went can suggest on what to do? :help:

Thank you ……. Ana

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU.

Timeline

Gosh snoopy I wish I could be of more help there. I thought that K-3s only needed the I-134... either way, as far as evidence is concerned, I think the only difference between both is that the I-134 technically asks for 1 year of tax return data. If you take the last 3, then you should be about the same as the I-1864. You have to do the I-864 anyway for AOS...

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Timeline

:thumbs:CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR INTERVIEW AND APPROVED VISA !!!!! :dance:

(L) BRIAN AND YENYS (L)

Timeline
Good Luck to all 31st. appointments, I know you guys will do just fine; we want to hear how things went.

I have a question regarding a K-3 visa documents, they're almost the same as for the K-1 but I need to be sure on what to do. :unsure:

My husband’s interview will be on January 14, 2008, I paid a lawyer to do all the documents, BUT, my husband called me this morning and he’s kind of worry because the putting all the documents together, and in the same order the Embassy is requesting them the "Affidavit of Support" I sent is not the one the Embassy is asking for, the lawyer gave me I-134 and the Embassy is asking for the I-864 which is a longer form, he’ll be traveling to Bogota next Tuesday and if I need to send him I-864 it’ll have to be done by Wednesday.

PLEASE, any of you guys who already went can suggest on what to do? :help:

Thank you ……. Ana

:thumbs: HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU. :dance:

You will need the I-134 for the embassy interview and get it notarized. You will need the I-864 for AOS filing.

I know this to be true for a fact, because I brought both of the affadavits with me to the Embassy and they only wanted the I-134 and returned the I-864 to me. These affadavits should be notarized and include 3 years tax returns, although your only required to have one year. the other two are optional, but give more evidence for them to approve faster....Good Luck !!! :thumbs:

(L) BRIAN AND YENYS (L)

Timeline
I need a little help, My fiancées interview is scheduled for the 23 of January, My plan was to go down there on the 15th, help here with doctors app and paying the bank, get the visa and leave together on the 27th.

How long does it take to get the Visa after the interview? I am in the military so it is not easy for me to stay a long time. I was planning on buying us both tickets to leave on the 27th or 28th. When can we pick up the Visa after it gets approved?????

anyone know?

DOMESA is the shipper and located in the kiosk area of the Embassy in Bogota. They will tell you 6-8 days.

But we got ours in 3 days and called and picked it up at the DOMESA office in Cartagena.

You can NOT pick up the Visa at the Embassy anymore, they changed that rule last month and must be shipped to address of the

passport holder....

YOU WILL NEED AT LEAST 3-5 DAYS TO GET THE VISA AND THAN BUY YOUR TICKETS OR BE PREPARED TO PAY THE PENALTY FEE FOR CHANGING YOUR FLIGHTS......GOOD LUCK !!!!

:thumbs:

(L) BRIAN AND YENYS (L)

Edited by Brian and Yenys

:luv: Muchas Felicidades :star::dance::luv:

claudia

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

:thumbs: HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU. :dance:

You will need the I-134 for the embassy interview and get it notarized. You will need the I-864 for AOS filing.

I know this to be true for a fact, because I brought both of the affadavits with me to the Embassy and they only wanted the I-134 and returned the I-864 to me. These affadavits should be notarized and include 3 years tax returns, although your only required to have one year. the other two are optional, but give more evidence for them to approve faster....Good Luck !!! :thumbs:

(L) BRIAN AND YENYS (L)

Maviwaro and Brian, thank you so much, I'm currently working on the I-864 for the AOS, I want to have everything ready by the time he gets here.

Thank you guys....... Ana

Timeline

Congratulations guys! what a great way to start the new year!!! I am looking forward to hearing from Byron the same news!!!

My interview was scheduled on January 31st!! I hope to be celebrating my approval in a month!!!

Happy new year and thanks for all your valuable support!!

Yazz

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
I hate to ask questions that have been answered 1,000 times, but I don't see anything in the non-forum area and my searches turn up nothing helpful. Or perhaps my severe ####### retentiveness drives me to ask questions regarded as stupid by others. Anyway, I am filling out the I-129F and G-325A and have concerns about the address format. I figured people in this thread have the most knowledge consdiering it is dedicated to Colombia.

On what line should the barrio be listed? I was thinking for barrio, list it on the street address line as <Barrio> <Calle> X No Yy-Zz.

Should I leave the Zip code blank, or enter None or N/A?

The last thing I want is someone to deny my application for being incorrect, incomplete, or future correspondence not reaching my wife-to-be because the address is not processed correctly.

Would someone who has done this please offer some guidance?

No need to give them the barrio, only street # and city.

Ex.: Carrera 35 # 44-56, Cali, Colombia.

That's it. As for the zip code, put N/A since zip codes are not used in Colombia.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.