MrStrain14

Yet ANOTHER I-134 topic....

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello, fellow VJ-ers! I'm hoping that one or some of you wonderful people can cast an analytical eye over the following and provide your thoughts:

I've today received Simone's completed I-134 and evidence. Now, Simone has been working as a Temp since Oct 09, and started as a Permanent employee in March. She earns well over the required poverty line, however due to the short time spent as in her perm job, we have decided to have her step-dad Co-sponsor us just in case.

So, I have From Simone:

I-134

Last Tax return

W2s

Letter from her employer

Bank Statements

All pay stubs since Oct 09

Letter explaining her previous college status & lack of earnings

(also have birth certificate, copy of passport pages, updated letter of intent, evidence from recent visit)

From the Co-Sponsor:

I-134

3 Years Tax Returns

W2s

Passport Photo Page

So, my questions are as follows:

1. Do you guys think that we will be ok just using Simone's I-134, or should I submit both Simone and my Co-sponsor's documents at the interview?

2. Regarding the co-sponsor, will simply the tax return information suffice, or should I get anything more? He is a very high earner so financially there is no issue. I don't want to get to the interview and be told I need more evidence, when i'll have had weeks to prepare said evidence in the first place.

Thanks for your input, everyone. I've tried to post this in the London Portal so hopefully it's in the right place...

See Profile for full K-1 timeline...summary:

11 Jan 10 - I-129f Sent

17 Jun 2010 - Interview...APPROVED!

17 Jul 2010 - LHR to ATL. POE: JFK

10 Sep 2010 - Wedding

23 Oct 2010 - Filed for AOS, EAD & AP

29 Mar 2011 - APPROVED!!! (2 NOAs for medical info)

04 Apr 2011 - GC In Hand.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

did you print the form I-134 in just one paper, front and back?

my fiance printed it in two separate pages, is that okay?

he also checked the "do not intend" box in question #11, or should he have checked the "intend" box? :help::help:

Timeline

I'm sure 2 seperate pages is fine, that's what we did.

Q11 I think depends on the consulate. For London we put 'do intend' and wrote 'N/A (K1 visa process for permanent residence)'. Try posting your question in the Manila consulate forum, someone should be able to give you a specific answer.

11 Jan 10 - I-129f Sent

10 Sep 2010 - Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm sure 2 seperate pages is fine, that's what we did.

Q11 I think depends on the consulate. For London we put 'do intend' and wrote 'N/A (K1 visa process for permanent residence)'. Try posting your question in the Manila consulate forum, someone should be able to give you a specific answer.

Thanks! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

1. Do you guys think that we will be ok just using Simone's I-134, or should I submit both Simone and my Co-sponsor's documents at the interview?

With such a short work history, it would probably be a good idea to go ahead and submit the co-sponsor's affidavit and evidence along with your fiancee's. It won't harm anything if you submit it and it's not needed. If it is needed then you'll avoid having to make them ask for it.

2. Regarding the co-sponsor, will simply the tax return information suffice, or should I get anything more? He is a very high earner so financially there is no issue. I don't want to get to the interview and be told I need more evidence, when i'll have had weeks to prepare said evidence in the first place.

If the income is comfortably above the minimum requirements, then the tax returns and W2's should be fine.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

Thank you so much. Always feels reassuring to get an expert opinion - and I've seen enough of your posts on VJ to know you fit that category!

Again, thank you, not only for this but for other answers you give - some of your replies have helped us no end :)

11 Jan 10 - I-129f Sent

10 Sep 2010 - Wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.