matako

Does having child with fiancee mean auto approval?

64 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
It should be noted that not only is it not an auto approval, it's also not a skip to the head of the line. Cases involving children are not giving preferential treatment. Having a child will not get you an automatic approval or to the US faster.

Im not saying ur wrong about this , but once when I called the DOS to check on my AP, I was asked by the lady if I had children with my fiance. I told her no. She replied "too bad, because if you did this would go faster for you". At the end of the same call she mentioned again that they give "preference " if you have children with the fiance.." Dont know if she knew what she was talking about or not, but she did say it.

Best of luck

vicki/bala

10/2002 Met in yahoo chat

10/2004 Romance blossoms

04/2005 Went to india, spent two wonderful weeks together

06/11/05 Sent petition

06/22/05 1st NOA received

09/12/05 2nd NOA received

11/15/05 Interview: request for additional information from me.

11/30/05 Got notice that we were Placed on Administrative Processing

03/04/06 Going to visit with my boo!

04/08/06 Back home (sigh) back to waiting again.

06/15/06 7 months on AP (will this ever end?)

07/06/06 called for second interview (it was a nightmare)

07/14/06 learned our petition was sent back

07/15/06 ready to carry on the fight!!!!

10/17/06 petition is back at USCIS

God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away,

who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think children SHOULD make a difference, but I wont argue about it. And I doubt anyone would have a child which is a lifelong commitment, just coz of coming here.

It should be noted that not only is it not an auto approval, it's also not a skip to the head of the line. Cases involving children are not giving preferential treatment. Having a child will not get you an automatic approval or to the US faster.

Im not saying ur wrong about this , but once when I called the DOS to check on my AP, I was asked by the lady if I had children with my fiance. I told her no. She replied "too bad, because if you did this would go faster for you". At the end of the same call she mentioned again that they give "preference " if you have children with the fiance.." Dont know if she knew what she was talking about or not, but she did say it.

Best of luck

vicki/bala

Vicki,

From your timeline, you were sent for the second interview. Why was this?

Best of luck

vicki/bala

I think children SHOULD make a difference, but I wont argue about it. And I doubt anyone would have a child which is a lifelong commitment, just coz of coming here.

I'm not saying ur wrong about this , but once when I called the DOS to check on my AP, I was asked by the lady if I had children with my fiance. I told her no. She replied "too bad, because if you did this would go faster for you". At the end of the same call she mentioned again that they give "preference " if you have children with the fiance.." Dont know if she knew what she was talking about or not, but she did say it.

Best of luck

vicki/bala

Well I think if you were going to be denied because any of the items on the list that was posted earlier you should NOT get a pass...producing a child doesn't entitle you to special treatment. My desire to be with my fiance is no less than your's simply because we've chosen not to have children yet.

And what about people who physically can't have children...should they be penalized or given less leeway because of something out of their control? Having children is not a Pass Go card and to make it one would open up the door for fraud that hurts the ultimate innocent victim - a child brought into this world for selfish reasons. I'm sure you aren't someone committing fraud, but the rule can't be bent for you and not for others.

If you are a USC and you have a child with a non-USC the baby is of course allowed into the country - he/she has gained the right through the USC parent. That doesnt' give a free pass for the other parent to come rolling in as well without meeting the same requirements the rest of us have to.

Edited by Joey559

And so he did what countless punk-rock songs had told him to do so many times before: he lived his life

10/07/2006 WEDDING DAY!

11/14/2006 AOS packet made it to 'the box' after being overnighted.

12/02/2006 Paul had biometrics

12/14/2006 AOS Forwarded to CSC AND AP Application approved.

01/17/2007 First touch of 2007 at CSC

01/20/2007 Touched AGAIN (also the 18th) come on...

February: Oops, RFE for a REGISTERED marriage certificate. Oops! Overnighted it.

02/28/2007 Paul gets email letting us know his GREENCARD is on it's way! It's done...for now!

03/09/2007 Paul's greencard arrives. And breathe...

We began with mailing the I-129 in on February 27, 2006 so the whole process took us approx. one year.

Good luck out there!

See PCRADDY for our official timeline.

** time to get the popcorn **

here we go....

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

** time to get the popcorn **

here we go....

Gah, and see I never get involved with popcorn conversations...maybe it's because it's a Monday. :D Well I've said it and stand by it...

And so he did what countless punk-rock songs had told him to do so many times before: he lived his life

10/07/2006 WEDDING DAY!

February: Oops, RFE for a REGISTERED marriage certificate. Oops! Overnighted it.

02/28/2007 Paul gets email letting us know his GREENCARD is on it's way! It's done...for now!

We began with mailing the I-129 in on February 27, 2006 so the whole process took us approx. one year.

Good luck out there!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Bottom line, the moral questions do not apply here.

Having a child with a foriegn national does not change anything. You still have to meet all the requirements set forth for a I-129F petition and then again for the K-1 visa approval.

No it does not give you head of the line privileges.

The only thing that it might do is prove that you have met in person in the last 2 years. However you would have to have a paternity test to absolutely prove that.

Other than that, it isnt a factor in either the I-129F petition approval or the K-1 visa approval.

Denial of either is still based on the requirements as set forth in the appropriate laws and instructions.

June 05 Lisa and I fall in love

15 Mar 06 I-129F received at CSC NOA1

5 Aug 06 NOA2 after 143 days in CSC purgatory

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

16 Feb 07 Denial Letter received

12 Mar 07 Motion to reconsider submitted

10 Sep 07 Motion to Reconsider denied

9 May 08 Lisa and Married in United Kingdom

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

May 7 09 Lisa's Interview I 601 filed

29 Jul 09 I-601 waiver approved

18 Aug 09 Passport to London Embassy

20 Aug 09 Tickets purchased for 10 Sep 09

WE HAVE FINALLY WON, OUR LONG AND HARD JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!!!!!!

Having a child with a foriegn national does not change anything. You still have to meet all the requirements set forth for a I-129F petition and then again for the K-1 visa approval.

The only thing that it might do is prove that you have met in person in the last 2 years. However you would have to have a paternity test to absolutely prove that.

Other than that, it isnt a factor in either the I-129F petition approval or the K-1 visa approval.

Denial of either is still based on the requirements as set forth in the appropriate laws and instructions.

Exactly! I'm not making a moral stand i'm just a stick in the mud rule follower. I live with the obviously naive belief that if I behave and play fair everyone else will as well...sigh...

Edited by Joey559

10/07/2006 WEDDING DAY!

Good luck out there!

If these applications were handled by robots, this would be true. But given they are handled by humans, however much you deny it, two people with children and two without children are not the same thing. One has a more apparent credence and permanence to their relationship, no prizes for guessing which one.

If these applications were handled by robots, this would be true. But given they are handled by humans, however much you deny it, two people with children and two without children are not the same thing. One has a more apparent credence and permanence to their relationship, no prizes for guessing which one.

Really??? What is the percentage of children born to single parents these days again...anybody???? It doesn't take love, commitment or even like to make a baby....

10/07/2006 WEDDING DAY!

Good luck out there!

Timeline

You can beleive anything you want.

Just something to think about. Being a biological parent only means that you have reproductive organs and have used them. It doesnt mean anything more than that. And for that reason, having a child does not change any of the rules.

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

One day when you have a child you will know its not the same as before you had a child with someone.

Just something to think about. Being a biological parent only means that you have reproductive organs and have used them. It doesnt mean anything more than that. And for that reason, having a child does not change any of the rules.

Timeline
One day when you have a child you will know its not the same as before you had a child with someone.

Oh did you open a bag of worms there. I have 6 children. Ranging in age from 34 to 10 plus my fiancee has a daughter that is 9. Just for info sake I have been more of a father to her than her biological father ever has been. Oh and another thing 3 of my children are adopted. Where is their biological father? All my children think of me as their father!!!!!

None of the above gave me any consideration when applying for our visa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anything else?

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

well the next thing is you start viewing responsible parents with their children differently. I know adoption does not give one smthng biological children have with their parents, so i understand where you are coming from.

Edited by Majizee

Timeline

Okay this can go on forever.

Whether someone is responsible or not isnt the question.

Answer to original post.

It doesnt make any difference whether you have children or not. Right, wrong or indifferent, that is the way it is.

Discussion over.

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

Filed: Timeline

I'm just curious as to "Why?" Is the OP trying to expedite the K1 process by getting pregnant? I'm just curious as to the why of the adamant statements that a couple with a child is somehow more valid than a childless couple. I have a child with a woman whom I haven't seen in 18 years. Haven't seen my son either - she saw to that. Does that make her and I more "valid" than Sian and I? If so, then we're screwed since we plan on never ever having any more children. I'll be sure to tell her on the phone tonight that we should receive slower processing and less "preference" since we haven't created spawn.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.