cranehand

Going to Odessa to see my SO WOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!

206 posts in this topic

Brad. A Pinto is not a Ferrari, sorry. :lol: But I get the analogy.

Eye of the beholder Gary. How many guys have you known that think they are in a Ferrari (blind or beer goggles or whatever), but you can definitely see an AMC Gremlin in the driveway :lol: Of course there may be reasons - good ones - not to post pics like most of us have.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Eye of the beholder Gary. How many guys have you known that think they are in a Ferrari (blind or beer goggles or whatever), but you can definitely see an AMC Gremlin in the driveway :lol: Of course there may be reasons - good ones - not to post pics like most of us have.

Ok, I say this from the perspective of never (not even once) in my life having been drunk, so I have NO IDEA what "beer goggles" are capable of...A pinto is not a Ferrari. It is not even a Chevy Vega. If it has dual exhaust, it COULD be a wheelbarrow..or I prefer the French word...Brouette. It is not a Ferrari. If you have any photos of you posing with a pinto (or AMC Gremlin) or (worse) photos of Danica Patrick in a bikini layed out on a Pinto...please keep them to yourself. :lol:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

What's interesting is you guys are naming low end (I.e. POS) cars they haven't made in decades. The Pinto! The same Pinto with the exploding gas tank? The Gremlin? The car that was so bad it ended AMC's life as a company. Can we at least talk about the Taurus or Malibu? That is, unless the women that provoke these metaphors are really that old and obsolete. I mean, I'm just trying to get the perspective on this.

And one last thing...how do you speak of trashy old American cars versus one of Italy's best creations? Isn't that against the car talk code of conduct?

Timeline

What's interesting is you guys are naming low end (I.e. POS) cars they haven't made in decades. The Pinto! The same Pinto with the exploding gas tank? The Gremlin? The car that was so bad it ended AMC's life as a company. Can we at least talk about the Taurus or Malibu? That is, unless the women that provoke these metaphors are really that old and obsolete. I mean, I'm just trying to get the perspective on this.

And one last thing...how do you speak of trashy old American cars versus one of Italy's best creations? Isn't that against the car talk code of conduct?

Hey...I didn't bring up Pintos. (vomit icon here) Nothing made in America is a Ferrari. I will not compare my wife to a Taurus...or Malibu. :lol: She is at least a Camaro...on a good day a Corvette, never a Lada or Volga.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Ahhhhh. Guns and pie. Just the way I like it!

(And you may not be able to call a Pinto a Ferrari, but you can get a Ferrari body kit for a Fiero. Bez problemo!)

OK, I am not into "body kits" either...but you think Kim Kardashian is hot, and THAT is a body kit if I ever saw one. It is the "Hindenberg Body Kit". On a pinto. :lol:

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Brad, you scared the bejeezus out us! unsure.gif We're kinda skeered to say anything now.

#######. I missed this rant somehow. Must have been a good one if it was Brad though! Someone point me in the right direction...long day at work here. Hey...anyone remember that awesome meltdown my wife and I had on VJ once? lol Happy to say that's only happened once or twice in our relationship, but what we lack in quantity we definately made up in quality. laughing.gif

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Timeline

#######. I missed this rant somehow. Must have been a good one if it was Brad though! Someone point me in the right direction...long day at work here. Hey...anyone remember that awesome meltdown my wife and I had on VJ once? lol Happy to say that's only happened once or twice in our relationship, but what we lack in quantity we definately made up in quality. laughing.gif

No. And I don't even know what a melt down is. What is it? (no pictures of Pintos please I remember what they look like)

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Can we at least talk about the Taurus or Malibu?

That doesn't quite work. New Taurus and Malibu are pretty good. (and Malibu has been good for a couple of years now).

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Hey...anyone remember that awesome meltdown my wife and I had on VJ once? lol Happy to say that's only happened once or twice in our relationship, but what we lack in quantity we definately made up in quality. laughing.gif

Must have been before my time on VJ :lol:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey...anyone remember that awesome meltdown my wife and I had on VJ once? lol Happy to say that's only happened once or twice in our relationship, but what we lack in quantity we definately made up in quality. laughing.gif

Yes, LL, I remember it well. You and your wife went at it right here on the forum. You posted then she would post a reply. Very unique to hear both sides of a marriage on the forum. For those who missed it, you probably won't see anything quite like it again.

LL, I'm very happy you and your wife are doing well.

Timeline

Yes, LL, I remember it well. You and your wife went at it right here on the forum. You posted then she would post a reply. Very unique to hear both sides of a marriage on the forum. For those who missed it, you probably won't see anything quite like it again.

Cool. Slim...whatd'ya think? Can you and your wife get into it here?

Gary And Alla

I remember the LvivLovers "loving it up" here in our little forum. Man, it seems like it was so long ago. Ah how time flies when you're having fun!

It seems like most of the "old guys" on here have had their wives jump on and post some stuff when they're really p!ssed off. It's almost like a rite of passage. It's like we ignored our wives for too long and they're jealous over VJ and all the time we spend on here. That and they want the whole world to know not only how p!ssed they are but also how much of a loser their husband is. "You're the one married to me. You're not lending credibility to your argument, you know."

I won't lie, when I'm mad at my wife I'll spend several hours on the computer just doing whatever I can to stay away from her. She's read VJ before but she's never posted and I doubt she ever will. She's more devious than that. She could care less what people on the internet think about me (or her) even though she's always saying, "you makes look like you such a cool guy and great husband for your friends on Visa Journey, blat. But do they event know how you not real man? How you make your wife work so horrible job and live in such sh!tty house and have nothing in her life?" That's when I encourage her to get on here and post stuff - even that stuff - so she can see what the reality of the situation is. She declines every time. "I not will be loose my time for your stupid Visa Journey, blat. I have a real life and I will be do my business."

She does, however, keep an eye on what's going on here. Quite early on in my VJ days I got a PM with a phone number and a "you should call me" message. When I came home from work, she was sitting on the porch talking to this woman. "Here, it's your buddy on VJ, wanna talk whis her?" Needless to say I never talked to that woman on the phone or anything other than messages about trying to make an international relationship work, but my VJ time has been suspect ever since.

My wife is not the type to try to publicly defame me. She's the type to set me up and watch me get caught in a trap. Luckily for me (and probably for her too) I don't do anything too stupid so we're left with pranks and funny stuff. Nobody has accidentally caught the frying pan upside the head or herpes just yet. But, give it time!

Who knows, you may even see her on here someday.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Yeah! That was the one! lol She had gotten really angry about a post I had made on VJ (that I thought was completely innocent) and that set the whole thing off. Up until that time I didn't know she ever even read VJ, so it was quite the surprise when she started posting! But yeah...in hindsight, I think it was one of the best back and forths in VJ history (about 6-7 pages overall!

Wife's visa journey:

MIL's visa journey:

Timeline

I remember the LvivLovers "loving it up" here in our little forum. Man, it seems like it was so long ago. Ah how time flies when you're having fun!

Yeah...I guess that was like a year and a half ago?! Hard to believe time goes so fast.

It seems like most of the "old guys" on here have had their wives jump on and post some stuff when they're really p!ssed off. It's almost like a rite of passage.

I wish that would happen more often...it's entertaining stuff when it happens. ;)

It's like we ignored our wives for too long and they're jealous over VJ and all the time we spend on here. That and they want the whole world to know not only how p!ssed they are but also how much of a loser their husband is. "You're the one married to me. You're not lending credibility to your argument, you know."

But do they event know how you not real man?

That's one of my wife's favorite lines that has come out in about every argument we ever had. But other than when we have had an argument it's a completely different story. She's always saying she's extremely happy, calls me her golden husband, etc. She's very sweet, thoughtful, and easy to get along with, until that switch is flipped. Then it's like her evil twin suddenly appears! She claims it's cause she's a Gemini! haha

She does, however, keep an eye on what's going on here. Quite early on in my VJ days I got a PM with a phone number and a "you should call me" message. When I came home from work, she was sitting on the porch talking to this woman. "Here, it's your buddy on VJ, wanna talk whis her?" Needless to say I never talked to that woman on the phone or anything other than messages about trying to make an international relationship work, but my VJ time has been suspect ever since.

My wife is not the type to try to publicly defame me. She's the type to set me up and watch me get caught in a trap.

That's funny stuff! You best walk the line, man!!!

Who knows, you may even see her on here someday.

My wife says all the time she'd come post here, but school usually has kept her too busy. Not sure I'd want to expose her to the full glory of the RUB though. Would be cool if we had several of the wives/fiancees posting though just to break up the sausage fest a bit.

Wife's visa journey:

MIL's visa journey:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Wow, sounds interesting! Sorry I missed it. Where are the archives? :)

So, out of curiosity, how much of these kinds of husband-wife tiffs may be due to the non-USC simply venting some long pent up frustrations/issues/whatever after the complete change of life they have undergone since come to the US? Or, do you think these are just couple-specific issues? But, if the former, is it likely that at sometime many/most couples could expect that?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.