confusing

How did your fiance propose to you in the Philippines?

57 posts in this topic

I got down on one knee, there was one thing she didn't know, I proposed to her in Tagalog...

Awww! Very sweet and romantic like my hunny :crying:

K1 Visa
Sept.2009 Sent Petition
Oct.2009 Petition Approved
Nov.2009 Visa Recieved
-------------------------
AOS
Feb. 2010 Sent AOS
Mar. 2010 Biometrics
May 2010 Interview
Jun 2010 GC Recieved
-------------------------
Removing of Condition:
Mar.19,2012---------ROC sent
Mar.20,2012---------VSC received signed by D. Renaud
Mar.23,2012---------Check encashed
Mar.24,2012---------NOA1
Apr.19,2012----------Biometrics (Early Bio 4/11/2012)
May 2012 ------------Biometrics redo

Nov.30,2012---------RFE (fingerprint can't read needs to submit police clearance)

May 2013-------------Received Permanent Residence Card

00bor6fe477d3.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hahhah, Thanks Tahoma. I felt like a sweaty palmed little kid when I sat down with them :blink:

Ok jason, 1st - You're a Teamster and 2nd...dude, look at your signature. 1+2=Romantically challenged ;)

Yeah I am sure its got something to do with being a Teamster LOLz.............. hahahaha

Ahahhaha :D

-USCIS-

COMPLETED - March 9th, 2010

-NVC-

CASE COMPLETE - April 2nd, 2010

-INTERVIEW-

APPROVED - May 18th, 2010

POE - Detroit, June 11th, 2010

GREEN CARD - July 21st, 2010

SS CARD - August 13th, 2010

-ROC-

I-751 Sent March 23rd, 2012

NOA1 March 26th, 2012

Biometrics Appt. April 27th, 2012

Bio done early - April 18th, 2012

ROC Approved - September 12, 2012

10 Year GC - September 17, 2012

Mr. Bill popped the question by asking me so much questions in Tagalog. I was really impressed not knowing that he has a cheat sheet. lol. These are the questions he asked me:

"May gusto ka ba sa akin?"

"Gusto kita makasama habangbuhay"

"Ikaw lamang ang aking iibigin magpakailanman"

"Puwede ba kita maging kasintahan?"

Later on after more emails, he asked me this one. "Kailan tayo magpapakasal?"

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Timeline

On my first visit to see May (in August 2008)I already knew I was going to ask her to marry me. I was fairly confident that she would say yes. I decided to keep this proposal very simple.

It was on my 3rd day there. We woke up in the morning and starting talking (honest, just talking) about beening together and how happy we were. While she got up for a moment to use the restroom I pulled the ring box out of my luggage and got back in bed. When she returned, I asked her "Will you be with me, my whole life?" She said "yes!"

Now flash forward 19 months, May starts to tease me that I never really asked her to marry me. She kept saying, "you never used the words, will you marry me?" I told her to be careful because if she were serious about that I would have NO PROBLEM using those words to propose again but this time which would do it in a most public fashion (and possibly cause embarrassment). She would still occasionally tease me.

During the first week of my visit in April 2010, I asked May for a favor. I asked if she would do something for me when I asked her to do it (all the while not knowing what it was) She reluctantly agree. The 3rd week of my visit May threw a very big birthday party for her father who turned 80. I decided not to do it that day as I wanted May's father to have his special day. He told me this was the first birthday party he ever had.

The very next day many of May's family and neighbors were hanging out at their house enjoying the Karaoke machine they rented (by the way, May is an amazing singer). There were probably about 30 people or so at the house. After an hour of singing, eating and drinking it was my turn to sing. With the microphone in my hand and her parents in sight, I paused the karaoke machine. I turned to May and said, "before I sing this song I just want to say May...I am calling in that favor I asked of you 2 weeks ago. Since I still don't know enough Tagalog, I want you to translate everything that I say." After pulling her face out of her hands she agreed. I began telling everyone how May had been teasing me for over a month that I had not really asked her to marry me because I didn't use those specific words. It was a little difficult for her to translate only because she was crying but to her credit she was a woman of her word. I then dropped to one knee, took her hand and used the specific words of "May, my love, will you marry me?" I thought she was crying before but this time the tears were really coming down now (and her face was buried again in her hands).

Of course she accepted (again). As I helped her wipe the tears (of joy) from her face she did what every loving, caring fiance would do in this situation for making the proposal in such a public and attention getting way.....she hit me on the arm.

May I love you so much!!

Adam

Edited by Adam & May

----------------K1 Journey---------------

02/01/2010 - Sent I-129F sent to CSC Express Mail

02/03/2010 - Date on NOA1

02/09/2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy arrived in mail

03/18/2010 - NOA2 approval mailed by CSC (per USCIS.org)43 Days from NOA1

03/23/2010 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received

06/18/2010 - Interview Passed PINK!!!! PINK!!!! PINK!!!! PINK!!!! PINK!!!!

07/02/2010 - Visa received!

07/03/2010 & 07/05/2010 - PRISM Seminar & CFO Sticker (We are all set

08/08/2010 - May's POE Detroit, MI USA

09/24/2010 - Received SSN Card

10/08/2010 - Wedding

----------------AOS Journey---------------

12/07/2010 - Submitted AOS/EAD Package

12/14/2010 - NOA1 Received

12/27/2010 - Biometrics Completed

01/20/2011 - AOS Transfered to CSC

01/26/2011 - AOS Received by CSC

02/16/2011 - EAD Approved

N/A - AOS Appointment

02/22/2011 - AOS Appproved

02/26/2011 - EAD Card Received

02/27/2011 - Green Card Received

01/19/2013 - Mailed I-751

##/##/2013 - NOA1 Received

##/##/2013 - BIometrics Appointment

##/##/2013 - Interview

##/##/2013 - 10 Year Green Card Issued

FV%20US%20-%20Reg.jpg

Timeline

On my first visit to see May (in August 2008)I already knew I was going to ask her to marry me. I was fairly confident that she would say yes. I decided to keep this proposal very simple.

It was on my 3rd day there. We woke up in the morning and starting talking (honest, just talking) about beening together and how happy we were. While she got up for a moment to use the restroom I pulled the ring box out of my luggage and got back in bed. When she returned, I asked her "Will you be with me, my whole life?" She said "yes!"

Now flash forward 19 months, May starts to tease me that I never really asked her to marry me. She kept saying, "you never used the words, will you marry me?" I told her to be careful because if she were serious about that I would have NO PROBLEM using those words to propose again but this time which would do it in a most public fashion (and possibly cause embarrassment). She would still occasionally tease me.

During the first week of my visit in April 2010, I asked May for a favor. I asked if she would do something for me when I asked her to do it (all the while not knowing what it was) She reluctantly agree. The 3rd week of my visit May threw a very big birthday party for her father who turned 80. I decided not to do it that day as I wanted May's father to have his special day. He told me this was the first birthday party he ever had.

The very next day many of May's family and neighbors were hanging out at their house enjoying the Karaoke machine they rented (by the way, May is an amazing singer). There were probably about 30 people or so at the house. After an hour of singing, eating and drinking it was my turn to sing. With the microphone in my hand and her parents in sight, I paused the karaoke machine. I turned to May and said, "before I sing this song I just want to say May...I am calling in that favor I asked of you 2 weeks ago. Since I still don't know enough Tagalog, I want you to translate everything that I say." After pulling her face out of her hands she agreed. I began telling everyone how May had been teasing me for over a month that I had not really asked her to marry me because I didn't use those specific words. It was a little difficult for her to translate only because she was crying but to her credit she was a woman of her word. I then dropped to one knee, took her hand and used the specific words of "May, my love, will you marry me?" I thought she was crying before but this time the tears were really coming down now (and her face was buried again in her hands).

Of course she accepted (again). As I helped her wipe the tears (of joy) from her face she did what every loving, caring fiance would do in this situation for making the proposal in such a public and attention getting way.....she hit me on the arm.

May I love you so much!!

Adam

awww your gonna make me cry too. :D nice job I like it :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

kinausap nya mother ko ng tagalog at lumuhod sya and he proposed in tagalog...moms cried coz she thought the ring was for herheadbonk.gif

09/28/08-green card received

1-751

07/02/10-mailed it 2day

07/06/10-they received my application forms

07/13/10-received notice receipt(gc extended for one year)

07/28/10-received biometric appointment

09/23/10 GC approved!!!

9/26/20 Gota pproval notice

10/01/10 GC receivedd

event.png

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until my son called me "MOMMY."

Brian, when is your baby due again?

Our baby will be delivered by C-section somewhere between the 38th and 39th week. That would be sometime between July 15-July 22. We are just inside of 30 weeks pregnant now. Original due date was July 28.

Hi Brian...I had a feeling that you are a very romantic guy at heart, because I see how you talk about your wife in such a loving manner when you post here on VJ.

You deserve :star::star::star::star::star: for having such a big heart! :thumbs::yes:

Thank you! :)

Timeline

I'm just curious :)

We were on the beach with a couple of friends and while we were walking by the shore he took me to a table setup with a wine bottle, flowers and candles. He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. Our friends were taking pictures and taping the whole things so I'm really lucky to have that awesome moment captured. (L)

post-84862-12744734418843_thumb.jpg

Timeline

kinausap nya mother ko ng tagalog at lumuhod sya and he proposed in tagalog...moms cried coz she thought the ring was for herheadbonk.gif

lol that's a funny story, sorry mom, no ring for you!:wacko:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.