confusing

How did your fiance propose to you in the Philippines?

57 posts in this topic

no story yet :) i mean, we've of course applied for the visa after finally meeting in person for the first time... and we know we're going to marry one another, but i didn't purchase the ring until being back in the usa for almost 5 months. i didn't want to propose unless it was in person. im going to fly to manila again this saturday... so i was just curious how everyone else did it.

:)

Wow...you're going to see your sweetheart this Saturday...and propose to her! :thumbs::) That's awesome!

I proposed to my sweetheart at Friday's Resort in Boracay on her birthday.

We had a fabulous day. We enjoyed a lazy day on the gorgeous white-sand beach at Friday's...drinking ice-cold mango juice and dalandan juice. When we got too hot, we would go for a swim in the warm aqua-blue Boracay water.

That afternoon, we enjoyed relaxing his-and-her massages by two talented masseuses.

As the sun was setting and the sky was turning bright red, we enjoyed dinner on the beach at Friday's restaurant. We had their delicious gambas and also roast duck. My sweetheart noticed that our usual table looked especially festive that night because it was decorated with flowers and candles.

After dinner, my sweetheart loved it when the staff brought out a small chocolate birthday cake and we all sang happy birthday to her. I had arranged the table decorations and the birthday cake beforehand with the restaurant manager. However, my sweetie told me that she was not quite surprised by the birthday cake since that afternoon when one of the staff asked my wife if the cake was for my birthday! :bonk:

But, the biggest surprise was yet to come. She did not know that I was about to propose. After we enjoyed some of her birthday cake, I reached into my pocket and retrieved a ring that I had been hiding from her for a week. I knelt down and took her hands in mine. I told her how happy I was that she was part of my life, and how much I loved her, and that I wanted us to spend the rest of our lives together...habangbuhay. As I was proposing to her, I opened the ring box to show her the ring, and I asked her to marry me. By the time I asked her to marry me, she had tears in her eyes and she said yes yes yes immediately.

That was the only time I have ever seen her sweat. :)

Edited by Tahoma

Wow, my fiance now husband planned to propose also in Boracay but couldn't wait and decided to propose to me on our monthsary. :rofl:

I went with his entire family in a resort in Batangas, Philippines. I was calling him out because we will be having our lunch, but he's not moving and giving me some weird stares. He simply gave me a red box and told me to open it up. I said "what's this" (although I knew that it was a ring) :bonk: :bonk: He said he should have done it earlier and If I want it.. Although it's plain and simple, those moments would really make me cry.

AOS Journey from K-1

14 April 2010 - Sent I-485,I-765 (Did not apply for AP)

18 April 2010 - Delivered (Sunday)

26 April 2010 - Checks cashed

27 April 2010 - Touched (both forms)

28 April 2010 - Touched (both forms)

29 April 2010 - Touched (both forms)

03 May 2010 - NOAs received (postmarked April 26, 2010 dated April 23, 2010)

05 May 2010 - Biometrics Appointment letter (postmarked April 29, 2010)

07 May 2010 - Biometrics Walk in Done

07 May 2010 - Touch Both EAD and AOS

10 May 2010 - Touch Both EAD and AOS

17 May 2010 - Received New passport under married name

19 May 2010 - Original Biometric Appointment both EAD and AOS

28 June 2010 - EAD approved by email

01 July 2010 - Touch for EAD and another card production email

02 July 2010 - Touch EAD

06 July 2010 - Infopass Schedule

06 July 2010 - Received Interview appointment dated June 29, 2010

09 July 2010 - Touch on EAD dot changed to Post Decision

12 July 2010 - Touch on EAD

13 July 2010 - EAD card received in mail

04 August 2010 - Interview of I-485 (approved)

06 August 2010- Email Card Production for I-485

11 August 2010- Another Email for Card/ Document Production for I-485

12 August 2010- Post Decision Activity Notice has been sent based on email

01 September 2010 - GC received via PO BOX.

Removal of Condition

22 May 2012 - Sent ROC application

29 May 2012 - Confirmed delivered by USPS

11 Jun 2012- Check has been cashed

13 Jun 2012 - Extension letter received dated May 29, 2012 postmarked 6/8/2012

Hey...tell us your story! :yes:

andres...I agree with your fiancée...pathethic! :bonk::P

I like it...your fiancé has a sense of romance... :thumbs:

Jason...I'm trying to think of a word which is the opposite of "romantic." :bonk:

Kevin...did you plan a romantic proposal?

Jason...c'mon now...this is way too much sharing...seriously. :bonk::blink:

Online?!?...where's the romance in that?!? :bonk::)

I had envisioned something romantic...then, It was gone :blink: Merlaine was sitting right beside me while I was trying to explain to her mom what my intentions were. She planned to stay with me at my hotel too so I had to ask permission for that and to GET permission, well I might have said a few things that I know she overheard..hahha She still acted surprised...atta girl mylove ;):thumbs:

-USCIS-

COMPLETED - March 9th, 2010

-NVC-

CASE COMPLETE - April 2nd, 2010

-INTERVIEW-

APPROVED - May 18th, 2010

POE - Detroit, June 11th, 2010

GREEN CARD - July 21st, 2010

SS CARD - August 13th, 2010

-ROC-

I-751 Sent March 23rd, 2012

NOA1 March 26th, 2012

Biometrics Appt. April 27th, 2012

Bio done early - April 18th, 2012

ROC Approved - September 12, 2012

10 Year GC - September 17, 2012

I had envisioned something romantic...then, It was gone :blink: Merlaine was sitting right beside me while I was trying to explain to her mom what my intentions were. She planned to stay with me at my hotel too so I had to ask permission for that and to GET permission, well I might have said a few things that I know she overheard..hahha She still acted surprised...atta girl mylove ;):thumbs:

:lol: Kevin...you get an extra star for that one! Yowww!

We had a dinner with my mom,sister,baby brother and 2 gorgeous cousins.The ring was in the Banana split dessert,i almost swallowed it...LOL!!!He kneel and asked my mom if he can have me forever!

Edited by CATHYlovesRICK

K1 JOURNEY

September 14, 2009 – NOA 1

December 17, 2009 – NOA 2(APPROVAL NOTICE)

January 6,2010 – NVC ASKING FOR ADDITIONAL REVIEW,RETURNED OUR PETITION TO USCIS

March 3, 2010 – REOPENED AND RECONSIDERED

MARCH 8, 2010 – RFE

APRIL 3, 2010 – REAFFIRMED(APPROVED)

APRIL 12, 2010 – CALLED NVC, CASE NO.ASSIGNED

APRIL 30, 2010 - CALLED NVC AGAIN, THEY SAID OUR PAPERS ARE STILL IN USCIS:(

JUNE 18, 2010 - FINALLY, NVC SENT OUR PAPERS TO MANILA

JUNE 25, 2010 - EMBASSY HAVE THE ELECTRONIC COPY

JULY 6 and 7 2010 - MEDICAL(PASSED^_^)

JULY 12, 2010 - INTERVIEW (PASSED)THANK YOU GOD!!!

JULY 21, 2009 - POE(SAN FRANCISCO,WHAT A WONDERFUL CITY:))

CRBA JOURNEY(out of WEDLOCK)

JANUARY 17, 2009 – called FEDEX, ordered packet!

MARCH 15, 2009 – CALLED FEDEX FOR PICK UP

MARCH 17, 2009 – RECEIVED A CALL FROM EMBASSY FOR OUR DAUGHTER’S APPERANCE.MAR. 30:)

MARCH 30, 2009 – CRBA APPROVED WITHOUT DNA,TO GOD BE THE GLORY:)

APRIL 14, 2009 – CRBA CERTIFICATE AND US PASSPORT RECEIVED(YAY!!!)

AOS

DECEMBER 7, 2010 – sent AOS docs via USPS Express mail to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

DECEMBER 8, 2010 – package was delivered to USCIS, signed by R. Mercado

DECEMBER 15, 2010 – cheque cashed

DECEMBER 17, 2010 - received NOA 1 for I-765, I-485 in the mail dated DEC. 14

DECEMBER 23, 2010 - received biometrics appointment(JAN 14,2010)dated DEC 17.

I FOUND MY DESTINY,MY SOUL MATE,MY BETTER HALF!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I gave her the ring at the Madison airport when she arrived on her K1 (on one knee) but we had already agreed even before I went to Phils that we should be married. We were just filling the requirements for the papers on my trip there, we already knew we were meant to be (after 9 months chatting w/ cam and mic.). I'm not great at secrets and she already knew she had a ring here waiting for her to arrive.

She was still happy and crying though.

K1:

Began chatting online 1-2-09, Met in Philippines 9-5 to 9-15-09, Mailed I-129F 9-17-09, I-129F delivered by USPS 9-21-09, Check cashed 9-21-09, NOA1 issued 9-21-09, NOA1 paper copy received 9-28-09, NOA2 issued 12-18-09, NVC received date 12-24-09, NOA2 paper copy received 12-28-09, NVC sent date 12-29-09, Embassy received date 01-05-10, Medical 01-07-10 & 01-11-10 approved/ passed, Interview date 01-14-10 APPROVED! MY HONEY'S COMING!, Visa delivered 1-27-10 Manila time, Arrival in U.S. 2-4-10 POE Minneapolis/ St. Paul

Married! 2-14-10 in Las Vegas

AOS:

Applied for SSN 2-17-10 Received SSN and Cert. Marriage Cert. 3-2-10

Mailed AOS packet 3-3-10

AOS paperwork confirmed delivered 3-4-10

Email/ text notification of NOA1s 3-12-10

*touch* 3-15-10 AOS & EAD

Paper copy NOA1s received 3-16-10

*touch* 3-17-10 AOS & EAD

Received biometrics appointment letter 3-20-10, appointment set for 4-12-10

Case transferred to CSC 3-31-10!! Yay!!

Received email notice 4-6-10 I-485 received at CSC

Biometrics done 4-12-10, Milwaukee, WI ASC

Vicky got her driving permit, 4-12-10

*touch* 4-13-10 AOS & EAD

*touch* 4-21-10 AOS only

*touch* 4-22-10 AOS only

EAD card production ordered 5-14-10.

*touch* 5-17-10 EAD only

EAD card production ordered 5-19-10 (again?)

Received "Welcome to USA" letter 5-25-10, permanent resident application approved!

EAD card received 5-29-10

Greencard received 6-11-10

Positive pregnancy test 6-12-10

On the beach in Boracay ...

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Hey...tell us your story! :yes:

Online?!?...where's the romance in that?!? :bonk::)

Whoever said there was romance in that? hehe... It was out of necessity. I didnt have the money to go there at the time, and she couldnt get approved for the visitor visa. But I knew I wanted to marry her, and we had to decide what we were going to do and I needed to be sure that she felt the way I did about spending our lives together. So I asked her to marry me, and she said she would, and we moved forward with our plans towards that ends then.

At any rate, the romance all came when we were able. ;) A romantic time together in the Philippines when we married, followed by 16 months of waiting for immigration, followed by one day following the other, then the next and the next and the next of endless romantic days now. :)

Now that immigration stuff is basically something of the past for us we are happily looking forward to the birth of our son, in only a few weeks! What an adventure...

Brian in Tennessee

Timeline

Wow so many Boracay proposals.. Ayuz! :thumbs: :thumbs:

AOS Timeline

08-Sep-2010 Married
28-Sep-2010 Mailed AOS packet via Express Mail
29-Sep-2010 Received @ Chicago Lockbox
18-Oct-2010 Received 797C NOA for Biometrics appointment
22-Oct 2010 Biometrics appointment (orig sched for 10/28)
29-Oct 2010 RFE (missing signature)
03-Nov Received RFE @ Chicago Lockbox
17-Nov Case transferred to California
24-Nov "Touched" Now being processed at USCIS office
30-Nov "Touched again"
03-Dec May calls Senator Joe Courtney's office for help getting EAD/AP approved
15-Dec Received AP in mail, no notification via e-mail/txt website doesn't show approval
16-Dec EAD Approved (SMS/E-mail) USCIS indicates it was approved yesterday?
18-Dec EAD Card arrived in mail
25-Mar 2011 GC Arrived

31-May 2013 10yr GC approved

Timeline

I'm just curious :)

actually,i don't remember how my husband proposed to me....we just realized that we were engaged after we always talked about getting married =)

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2009-08-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-08-25

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-29

NVC Received : 2009-10-14

NVC Left : 2009-10-19

Consulate Received : 2009-10-29

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2010-01-27 Submit Review

Interview Result : Approved

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received : 2010-02-17

Whoever said there was romance in that? hehe... It was out of necessity. I didnt have the money to go there at the time, and she couldnt get approved for the visitor visa. But I knew I wanted to marry her, and we had to decide what we were going to do and I needed to be sure that she felt the way I did about spending our lives together. So I asked her to marry me, and she said she would, and we moved forward with our plans towards that ends then.

At any rate, the romance all came when we were able. ;) A romantic time together in the Philippines when we married, followed by 16 months of waiting for immigration, followed by one day following the other, then the next and the next and the next of endless romantic days now. :)

Now that immigration stuff is basically something of the past for us we are happily looking forward to the birth of our son, in only a few weeks! What an adventure...

Brian in Tennessee

Brian, when is your baby due again?

Timeline

Im now starting to think that I really do suck when it comes to Romance, especially after reading all these Boracay proposals and seeing that I proposed to her in bed right before the BOOM-CHIKKA-WOWOW

Brian in Tennessee

Hi Brian...I had a feeling that you are a very romantic guy at heart, because I see how you talk about your wife in such a loving manner when you post here on VJ.

You deserve :star::star::star::star::star: for having such a big heart! :thumbs::yes:

:lol: Kevin...you get an extra star for that one! Yowww!

Hahhah, Thanks Tahoma. I felt like a sweaty palmed little kid when I sat down with them :blink:

Im now starting to think that I really do suck when it comes to Romance, especially after reading all these Boracay proposals and seeing that I proposed to her in bed right before the BOOM-CHIKKA-WOWOW

Ok jason, 1st - You're a Teamster and 2nd...dude, look at your signature. 1+2=Romantically challenged ;)

-USCIS-

COMPLETED - March 9th, 2010

-NVC-

CASE COMPLETE - April 2nd, 2010

-INTERVIEW-

APPROVED - May 18th, 2010

POE - Detroit, June 11th, 2010

GREEN CARD - July 21st, 2010

SS CARD - August 13th, 2010

-ROC-

I-751 Sent March 23rd, 2012

NOA1 March 26th, 2012

Biometrics Appt. April 27th, 2012

Bio done early - April 18th, 2012

ROC Approved - September 12, 2012

10 Year GC - September 17, 2012

I envisioned a romantic getaway when my wife arrived here for a formal proposal, but that all changed during my first visit. In guess I would say the proposal occured in three stages. it was nearing the end of my visit, so the first proposal occured while we were lying in bed, talking about plans for the future. the next day, I visited her mom to tell her of our intentions and to ask for permission for her daughter's hand in marriage. Since my first visit was almost at an end, it was decided I would return in a few months so we could have an engagement party. we wanted her family and friends to be able to feel part of the celebration since they would not be present at the wedding.

In the time between my visits, my wife planned the engagement party, wanting it to have the feel of a wedding reception. I decided to make the formal proposal at the party, so her family would feel more a part our marriage celebration.

During my second visit, my wife found the ring box in my suitcase and sensing she could not wait for the party, propasal number two. The ring was alittle large, so we had it sized the next day. then I told her about my plan for the party, otherwise I didn't how to get the ring off her finger. she agreed to go ahead with my plan. At the party, when it was my turn to speak, came proposal number three. I got down on one knee, there was one thing she didn't know, I proposed to her in Tagalog...

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.