Jackand7

Not sure what to do about this.....

23 posts in this topic

Embassy is in Manila Philippines.

She will not be bringing the babywith her. In fact she will be giving the baby up for adoption. So I am just wondering if the baby should be listed on the 156k form. And what goes on in the medical exam.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221658-st-lukes-medical-exam-walkthrough/

A 2009 walk through of the St Luke's medical examination. It seems likely that they will ask your fiance whether she has ever had a baby. She shouldn't lie. It looks like the thorough examination that applicants are subjected to WILL reveal the truth. Recent childbirth will be evident to a medical professional.

The 156k form is clear. You must list all unmarried children and tick the appropriate boxes. They give you the option to say that the child will not be coming to America, and will / will not be expected to follow the parent to America in the future. If she has not yet given the child up, then she is still the parent.

One way or another, your elephant is going to be discovered.

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Embassy is in Manila Philippines.

She will not be bringing the babywith her. In fact she will be giving the baby up for adoption. So I am just wondering if the baby should be listed on the 156k form. And what goes on in the medical exam.

I was going to just echo what everyone else has said, but the bolded statement above is a game changer.

The DS-156K specifically asks you to list all unmarried children under the age of 21, and indicate whether they will accompany or follow (the answer to both can be "No"). If you have a child and don't list it then it could be considered misrepresentation. However, if you give up the child for adoption then technically it's not your child anymore. In that case, I would think the child should not be listed.

The medical exam is solely to determine if the applicant has any medical inadmissibilities. Mostly, they are looking for contagious diseases, but they will also ask questions about things like alcohol and drug use. They may ask if she's ever been pregnant, especially if they get a look at her abdomen during the exam (most women have some stretch marks and obvious signs of recent pregnancy after so short a period of time). If the subject comes up, she'll have to be truthful about it. If the consular officer sees this on the medical report then it could become the entire focus of the interview. They may ask whose child it was, why was it given up for adoption, and does her fiance know she was pregnant with someone elses child.

Frankly, I've never read about a case like this before, so I have no idea what to expect at the interview. If it were me in your position, then I'd want to find some way to make absolutely sure that the consular officers knows that I am aware of the child, and all of the circumstances surrounding it, and that I am still 100% committed to the relationship. If the pregnancy had occurred before you met her then it would be largely irrelevant, but since it occurred during your relationship then it becomes very relevant.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Frankly, I've never read about a case like this before, so I have no idea what to expect at the interview. If it were me in your position, then I'd want to find some way to make absolutely sure that the consular officers knows that I am aware of the child, and all of the circumstances surrounding it, and that I am still 100% committed to the relationship. If the pregnancy had occurred before you met her then it would be largely irrelevant, but since it occurred during your relationship then it becomes very relevant.

Good advice.

You should probably attend the interview, however if that is not possible then you should, at the very least, write up a statement that you are aware of all of the details and that it has no bearing on your relationship - and have that notarized. She can then take it to the interview and if it does come up at least she will have that with her.

Good luck!

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Be aware that at her medical they might refer her for psychological review due to the recent birth & adoption.

If they do then don't let her freak-out, she just needs to visit the psychologist & be completely honest about what happened & why she's giving up the baby.

Also, expect a tough interview. Since she got pregnant with another man's baby after getting engaged to you it will have the appearance of Visa Fraud on her part.

Edited by Bob 4 Anna

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Am sure by now you know what might happen, so here is my questian, were u guys apart while you were engaged, as sometimes we make stupid mistakes and have to pay the price for it, and am happy you still love this woman enough to still want to be with her, or could be the other way around who knows. However for those of us who are acting as if long distance relationship sometimes does not cause us to seek pleasure some where else,like the bible said he who is without sin, cast the first brick, we might not have done it but lonliness certainly let us think twice.

I take my hats off to you for wanting a family by this woman even if the hild is not yours, so do the proper thing adapt the child which will make it legally yours, forget the f1 visa go and marry her in that country then file the i130 to take her here, by the time they approve it the adaption papers will be ready and no fraud will be commited simple. Please people this person knows what happen why there is a child in his life that is not his, he did not ask about paternity, he ask whats right from whats wrong, so lets just try to help without judging the situation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.