estonian

AOS, dissolution, leaving home

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline

Hello! :)

We filed for AOS and its on process. But now we decided to have dissolution. What will happen when I will leave to homecountry before giving documents in to the court?

My soon to be ex-husband doesnt want to see me anymore, so I have to leave before. Dissolution documents are going to be sent back to me afterwards. So I could sign them and send back to him. For dissolution was necessary to go to court personally, Im not going to be able for that. Is it going to be bad for me?

He has anger issues and there have been emotional and verbal abuse. There havent been no police involved, so no documents for that. I just want to protect myself maximally (to come to USA as tourist etc).

Im 25, we doesnt have kids, no property together.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi sorry to hear that but please dont do that file for your divorce first and cancel the aos then or when u have interveiw with immigration ask him or her and tell them about ur situation but the best thing u can do ask a lawyer but i am sure dont leave the country till u get ur divorce

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline

He wants to kick me out of the house. I have no place to stay, I have to leave.

Does anybody knows what will happen to me at border? My I-94 expired 19.February. AOS is still on process. At my passport is still my old lastname.

Please help!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

re: court - there is 'waiver to appear' document that you can sign , submit to the clerk of the court, not need to have documents sent to you while the case is in progress - you will receive the divorce decree AFTER , though. This is not universal, this 'waiver to appear' document - you'll need to find out if yer state allows this, or no. But - is 3 stage process - 1--filing for divorce 2--waiting period, possible dispute resolution 3--divorce decree granted. Filing for divorce is instant, usually - you file the paperwork, get receipt notice. Usually a 'waiver to appear' is filed at same time of 'filing for divorce'.

re: AOS filing - you can submit letter, or he can submit letter, to withdraw the AOS application, to USCIS. I suggest YOU do this.

re: any overstay computation - when you LEAVE the USA - show the NOA-1 letter (the AOS receipt notice) to any immigration official with US Immigration, also show the 'divorce filing document' and THE MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (not the divorce decree, you don't have that yet) -- if you have any hassle at the border.

Having that NOA-1 document is important - it shows you have 'some status' in the USA (IE - AOS FILED) .

re: kicking out of the house today - call Catholic Charities (look them up in the yellow pages under 'Charitable Organizations' and explain yer situation - they can help you with immediate temporary housing until you leave the USA.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Does anybody knows what will happen to me at border? My I-94 expired 19.February. AOS is still on process. At my passport is still my old lastname.

Please help!!!

You have some difficult decisions to make and not much time to make them.

As mentioned before you are the victim of abuse and if you want to remain in the US you can do so using VAWA. The fact that he'd throw you out onto the streets and expects you to just disappear at his pleasure is further abuse.

Contact Catholic Charities NOW, they can get you into a shelter and provide you legal counsel for both the divorce & VAWA.

Filed: Country: Romania
Timeline

Please help!!!

Oh, God, that's horrible. Have you tried contacting some Catholic churches or women's shelters? They can hopefully provide you some assistance and a place to sleep.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.