Big Papa Zone

World Cup 2010 Footie Prediction Compo

274 posts in this topic

In anticipation of Sunday's (England/Germany) game - found a couple of things others might find as interesting as I did. :D

1966 FIFA World Cup Final [wikipedia]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE-wKAooU20

I think we'll have a better time beating Ghana!

Really? like last time when they beat you 2-0

Removal of Conditions

09/03/2012 - Window opens

10/03/2012 - Mailed I-751 via USPS Priority Mail

10/05/2012 - Arrived @ VSC

09/19/2012 - NOA1 dated (actually received 11/7/12)

12/11/2012 - Biometrics taken

12/03/2012 - Conditional Green Card expires

Well, we don't give up! We have heart! Or whatever David had said about that...he said begrudgingly something about that it made for a good team working together that we scored in overtime and that England has a lot of good players but they don't work well together. I can understand that concept even if I'm more about other sports :)

And hey, apparently Italy was ranked really well and they ended up being in the bottom of their group!

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

The US lost to Ghana in 2006, but back then Italy and France were in the final and not choking out of group stage. It won't be an easy game, but I believe the US have every reason to believe they could make the quarter final.

The U.S. side is extremely fortunate to have won their group and avoid the more difficult side of the bracket.

The U.S. side is extremely fortunate to have won their group and avoid the more difficult side of the bracket.

Damn straight. I will of course be switching my allegiance to the US once England are inevitably knocked out by Germany.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Damn straight. I will of course be switching my allegiance to the US once England are inevitably knocked out by Germany.

Shocking Maven lol

Although my friend said she would disown me if I did this :rofl:

Removal of Conditions

09/03/2012 - Window opens

10/03/2012 - Mailed I-751 via USPS Priority Mail

10/05/2012 - Arrived @ VSC

09/19/2012 - NOA1 dated (actually received 11/7/12)

12/11/2012 - Biometrics taken

12/03/2012 - Conditional Green Card expires

Shocking Maven lol

Although my friend said she would disown me if I did this :rofl:

She'll get over it. :D

I am in a shocking mood today anyway; feeling loose cannon-y. It's probably all the gin and Natty Light (ugh) I drank last night on an empty stomach.

Timeline

She'll get over it. :D

I am in a shocking mood today anyway; feeling loose cannon-y. It's probably all the gin and Natty Light (ugh) I drank last night on an empty stomach.

Natty Light? Seriously? I think you'll have to drink gin from the plastic bottle brands now :lol:

Natty Light? Seriously? I think you'll have to drink gin from the plastic bottle brands now :lol:

mad.gif I do not do that anymore, and we have discussed this at some length. mad.gif

It was Tanqueray, at least. And when you ask for a beer and someone gives you one and it's a Natty Light and you are already 16.2 sheets to the wind, how do you say no?

Timeline

I know, but it's natty light. There are few beers that I will say no to, but I always find the will power to say no to Natty Light, Milwaukee's Best, and Meister Brau. Those are below malt liquor in my opinion.

God, I cringe at the mere thought of gin from a plastic bottle. That takes me back to high school, the only time making that selection is actually acceptable, and that is only because you don't know any better at that point. :lol:

I know, but it's natty light. There are few beers that I will say no to, but I always find the will power to say no to Natty Light, Milwaukee's Best, and Meister Brau. Those are below malt liquor in my opinion.

God, I cringe at the mere thought of gin from a plastic bottle. That takes me back to high school, the only time making that selection is actually acceptable, and that is only because you don't know any better at that point. :lol:

Well, at least I've never had malt liquor so I can't honestly say whether or not what you say is true; I do have SOME standards. You on the other hand sound like you have personal knowledge in order to make that kind of comparison.tongue.gif

Timeline

Yup, i've had my fair share of malt liquor. None recently. The stuff is ghastly. Makes Carlsburg Elephant seem like a respectable brew. I would still choose malt liquor over natty light though :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.