Vanessa1

Contacting the Embassy

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Just a couple of questions. I would like to verify with the embassy that they have received our documents from the NVC. I would prefer to talk to a person on this one but is Casa an embassy that pretty much just wants emails? Also, I've read some on the boards where beneficiaries are getting another copy of all of the original documents that were already mailed in to the NVC (birth certificate, police and court records, etc.). Is this really necessary? My husband has already spent a lot of time and money on this and if it's a "just in case" sort of thing is it recommended to do so? I don't want to have an extra wait time but I also don't want to send him all over the place again getting the documents. Anyone who's been through Casa on a CR1 have any insight?

Thanks!

6/27/2009 Married

10/20/2009 I-130 sent

10/28/2009 NOA1

2/8/2010 NOA2

2/12/2010 NVC received and case number assigned

2/19/2010 Gave NVC email addresses

2/19/2010 AOS/DS3032 generated (not related to giving the emails)

2/21/2010 Emailed DS3032

2/22/2010 Received DS3032 and AOS bill via email

2/23/2010 Paid AOS bill

2/25/2010 AOS bill shows Paid and coversheet printed

3/2/2010 Received IV bill

4/9/2010 Paid IV bill

4/12/2010 IV bill shows Paid and coversheet printed

4/13/2010 Mailed IV packet

4/15/2010 IV packet received and signed for

4/16/2010 AOS packet mailed

4/19/2010 AOS packet received and signed for

4/20/2010 AVR changed and states biographic documents received on 4/17/2010

4/24/2010 AVR notes AOS entered into system on 4/23/2010

4/28/2010 Sign-in fail and NVC operator confirms case complete

5/01/2010 Interview assigned!

6/16/2010 Medical Exam

6/29/2010 Interview Approved!

7/7/2010 Visa in hand!

7/22/2010 POE

ROC

5/15/2012 Mailed in I-751

5/16/2012 Received

6/5/2012 Check cashed

6/6/2012 NOA1 received

Timeline

I think I read where you can REQUEST NVC to forward to the Embassy his birth certificate and police reports, etc. I know at USCIS I requested my ORIGINAL birth certificate and marriage certificates back and they did send them! I know what you mean about running him everywhere. Offices in Morocco are not that organized and everything is so scattered out and they want so much money for translations ($20-25 page!). I would like to ask here if you do not mind...if my husband has NEVER had a police record...should he still obtain a court record? Is it absolutely neccessary to get a COURT RECORD or can the police record be adequate enough.... and has anyone received a RFE asking for this with a CLEAN record.... Can he just get it and take it with him to the Embassy or will we get a RFE from NVC if we do not mail this with his police report???

Edited by Lisa_Mohammed

Timeline

hi

for u seconde question i would like to say u husband need to have birth certificat court records with translation also mariage certificat translation even we already send all those peper to the NVC they ask me to bring again

for translation ther is SANAA near than us embassy she translet birth certificat and court record about only 100 dh for mariage certificat i think he already translet he will just need to go and ask them to print other one sometimes they didnt chanrge anything sometimes 50 dh

hop to u husband good luck in his interview

Edited by kforever

2008 i knew my husband

06/29/2009 we meet in person for first tim

07/20/2009 we saw eash other for second tim

08/15/2009 we saw eash other for 3th tim

08/16/2009 our engagement ceremony

08/17/2009 we maried egaly

09/04/2009 stard immigration process

12/24/2009 we saw eash other for 4 th tim

12/25/2009 we did wedding

01/01/2010 i meet my husband family for first time

02/13/2010 we saw wash other for 5 tim

05/04/2010 my interview

05/07/2010 going back again usa embassy

05/11/2010 they call me!!!

05/12/2010 i get visaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

06/08/2010 enter to usa

18/07/2010 get 2 years green card

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Just a couple of questions. I would like to verify with the embassy that they have received our documents from the NVC. I would prefer to talk to a person on this one but is Casa an embassy that pretty much just wants emails? Also, I've read some on the boards where beneficiaries are getting another copy of all of the original documents that were already mailed in to the NVC (birth certificate, police and court records, etc.). Is this really necessary? My husband has already spent a lot of time and money on this and if it's a "just in case" sort of thing is it recommended to do so? I don't want to have an extra wait time but I also don't want to send him all over the place again getting the documents. Anyone who's been through Casa on a CR1 have any insight?

Thanks!

As far as contacting the embassy....I have found that calling gets things done the quickest. The number i use is: 011-212-661-99-83-64 between 3-4pm Moroccan time, and u need to have the Case # from NVC, because the name search doesn't always work (Hicham didn't come up by his name, so I had to search for the case #...lol) Anyway, I hope this helps. I have emailed also, but calling seems to get a quicker reply. For example, I'd emailed to change out interview date, hadn't heard back in 3 days (i'm inpatient...lol) so I called, they said they would look in to it, and they called us both back 30 mins later (i'm in morocco and had given them my cell #, and they called both of out cells multiple times till we answered) with the new interview date. So I guess that would be a note to anyone in Morocco with their SO...when u email them, tell them you are here and give them a number to reach you at. They have always called and emailed me back. As for the rest...we r doing K1 so I'm not sure....best of luck & Inshallah you will have a quick approval!!

Monica :)

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think I read where you can REQUEST NVC to forward to the Embassy his birth certificate and police reports, etc. I know at USCIS I requested my ORIGINAL birth certificate and marriage certificates back and they did send them! I know what you mean about running him everywhere. Offices in Morocco are not that organized and everything is so scattered out and they want so much money for translations ($20-25 page!). I would like to ask here if you do not mind...if my husband has NEVER had a police record...should he still obtain a court record? Is it absolutely neccessary to get a COURT RECORD or can the police record be adequate enough.... and has anyone received a RFE asking for this with a CLEAN record.... Can he just get it and take it with him to the Embassy or will we get a RFE from NVC if we do not mail this with his police report???

There are 2 different Moroccan criminal records which are absolutely required for a CR1, and they are required at the NVC level of the process. You will get an RFE from the NVC if both are not provided. Even if there is no criminal record, he must proivide both certificates, and the certificates will say exactly that: no criminal record. Provide both of them, trust me...I accidentally forgot to include one of them and it added an entire month to our NVC process due to the RFE.

1. Fiche Anthropometrique

2. Extrait du Casier Judiciaire

rose.gif~kiyah~rose.gif

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Timeline

There are 2 different Moroccan criminal records which are absolutely required for a CR1, and they are required at the NVC level of the process. You will get an RFE from the NVC if both are not provided. Even if there is no criminal record, he must proivide both certificates, and the certificates will say exactly that: no criminal record. Provide both of them, trust me...I accidentally forgot to include one of them and it added an entire month to our NVC process due to the RFE.

1. Fiche Anthropometrique

2. Extrait du Casier Judiciaire

rose.gif~kiyah~rose.gif

Ok, but my original question is whether or not we need to get another copy again for the interview? We have a case complete at NVC and an assigned interview date. I just have seen some here on VJ who are preparing for the interview and are getting originals of the beneficiary documents again. Is that necessary?

6/27/2009 Married

10/20/2009 I-130 sent

10/28/2009 NOA1

2/8/2010 NOA2

2/21/2010 Emailed DS3032

2/23/2010 Paid AOS bill

4/9/2010 Paid IV bill

6/16/2010 Medical Exam

7/7/2010 Visa in hand!

7/22/2010 POE

ROC

5/16/2012 Received

6/5/2012 Check cashed

6/6/2012 NOA1 received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Ok, but my original question is whether or not we need to get another copy again for the interview? We have a case complete at NVC and an assigned interview date. I just have seen some here on VJ who are preparing for the interview and are getting originals of the beneficiary documents again. Is that necessary?

IMO - it's 'those on VJ' who are interviewing in INDIA, as that VFS office REQUIRES a new set to be turned in, prior to interview day. IMO, this sucks, but it is what it is.

If you have specific examples of others, though, for Morocco, you'll prolly wanna pay attention to that.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

IMO - it's 'those on VJ' who are interviewing in INDIA, as that VFS office REQUIRES a new set to be turned in, prior to interview day. IMO, this sucks, but it is what it is.

If you have specific examples of others, though, for Morocco, you'll prolly wanna pay attention to that.

Thanks. That's why I was asking, to see if anyone who's been through Morocco had to bring them again. I guess I'll dig a little deeper through older posts.

6/27/2009 Married

10/20/2009 I-130 sent

10/28/2009 NOA1

2/8/2010 NOA2

2/21/2010 Emailed DS3032

2/23/2010 Paid AOS bill

4/9/2010 Paid IV bill

6/16/2010 Medical Exam

7/7/2010 Visa in hand!

7/22/2010 POE

ROC

5/16/2012 Received

6/5/2012 Check cashed

6/6/2012 NOA1 received

Timeline

Vanessa...did you have two different police reports one for court even if there were NO ARREST OR COURT records??? I did not have Mohammed to send this since I read on NVC site: since it said "IF" applicants have been convicted of a crime must submit one...so you are saying we will get an RFE??? We have already wasted so much time and he can take this to the interview with him if they absolutely need it.

Court and Prison Records

Applicants who have been convicted of a crime must obtain a certified copy of each court record and any prison record, regardless of the fact that he or she may have subsequently benefited from an amnesty, pardon or other act of clemency.

Court records should include:

• Complete information regarding the circumstance surrounding the crime of which the applicant was convicted
  • The disposition of the case, including sentence or other penalty or fine imposed

Timeline

hi

my interview was last week and they ask me to bring court record birth certificat and mariage certificat with translation we wast time so its beter if u husband

get

hop to u husband a good luck in his interview

Edited by kforever

2008 i knew my husband

06/29/2009 we meet in person for first tim

07/20/2009 we saw eash other for second tim

08/15/2009 we saw eash other for 3th tim

08/16/2009 our engagement ceremony

08/17/2009 we maried egaly

09/04/2009 stard immigration process

12/24/2009 we saw eash other for 4 th tim

12/25/2009 we did wedding

01/01/2010 i meet my husband family for first time

02/13/2010 we saw wash other for 5 tim

05/04/2010 my interview

05/07/2010 going back again usa embassy

05/11/2010 they call me!!!

05/12/2010 i get visaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

06/08/2010 enter to usa

18/07/2010 get 2 years green card

Timeline

Hi Vanessa,

You can trace the DHL packages that leave the NVC to the various consulates. If you search the NVC forum or the pinned guidelines there, you'll find instructions about how to do this (as I did during that obsessive stage!). While you won't know for sure that your husband's file is in the package, chances are that it will be once your case has just completed at the NVC. I didn't think to email Casa to confirm receipt. I wouldn't worry too much about that.

As for documents at the interview, all documents sent to the NVC should be with the file that the NVC sends to Casa. If anything was missing, they would've given you an RFE. They also email you a list of anything you need to bring to the interview, as I recall. (We didn't need to bring anything, except of course his passport.) I gave my husband photocopies of all the documents for the interview in case any were missing from the file (I was there, waiting outside). I also had him get a new original police report because it was a few months old by then and didn't have an expiry date, unlike the court record which had a 6-month validity (could be the other way round, I can't remember now). Not sure if this was necessary, but that's what we did, and it was easy for him to get. Didn't bother about getting originals of anything else. In any case, Casa did have all the originals and gave them back to him at the end of the interview or when he picked up his passport next day. They didn't ask to look at anything my husband had brought with him.

Also, someone in VJ had posted that Casa didn't accept translations done in the U.S. (the ones I'd sent to the NVC) and that you have to get them retranslated by a Moroccan translator. I emailed Casa about this and they sent me a list of local translators (without actually saying that they wouldn't accept the ones I'd expensively had done here in the U.S.). So we did that. Yes, more running around, but not that big of a deal and didn't cost much. All good in the end.

Good luck!

Timeline

Ah, I see, my apologies.

Well, for Casablanca, this is completely up to you. Each certificate is good for I think 90 days (not 100% sure), only if the expiration of that certificate has passed would the consulate ask for them again. However, I had my husband go and get new certificates just before his interview because I wanted to be prepared in the event they asked for new ones...I wanted him to have them in hand, I didn't want to give them one single possible reason for delaying us other than normal AP. That's just me though, obsessing abouit the details which is something I have done since our first file was returned. The CO didn't even ask for them smile.gif

So, if it isn't too much trouble for him to go ahead and get new ones, I say go for it...it can't hurt you. Just if you do get them, make sure to get both. It is completely up to you at this point though as it isn't a requirement for Casa

Good luck to you both! smile.gif

rose.gif~kiyah~rose.gif

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.