bklalaw

She's in Zaa Plane

62 posts in this topic

As for changing the sheets and cleaning the house - don't set the bar too high. Let her know you're a slob now so she'll never complain about it later. "But my queen, you knew I was a slob when you moved in here."

An important point. We do occasionaly have the "remember when we talked about that in Ukraine" discussion. Not saying it helps or anything though.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey everyone... thanks for all your warm wishes... everything went find at lax. flight landed at 6 pm, by 715 she was walking into my arms.. Flowers, chocolates, and clean sheets were waiting for her. I had not seen her since jan 3.. so wow. we had a great drive home, and once again we have fallen into our comfortable rhythm. Now she is resting in the peaceful sanctity of our home.... life begins....

Mark

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Moscow, Russia

I-129F Sent : 2009-11-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-11-23

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-02-09

NVC Received : 2010-02-16

NVC Left : 2010-02-19

Consulate Received : 2010-02-25

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2010-04-28

Interview Result : Approved 2010-04-28

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received : 2010-05-05

US Entry : 2010-05-07

Marriage :

Comments :

Hey everyone... thanks for all your warm wishes... everything went find at lax. flight landed at 6 pm, by 715 she was walking into my arms.. Flowers, chocolates, and clean sheets were waiting for her. I had not seen her since jan 3.. so wow. we had a great drive home, and once again we have fallen into our comfortable rhythm. Now she is resting in the peaceful sanctity of our home.... life begins....

Mark

Very cool Mark. Sounds like you are on your way. Enjoy the rest of the journey, and thanks for taking time to post up for us.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

An important point. We do occasionaly have the "remember when we talked about that in Ukraine" discussion. Not saying it helps or anything though.

Nor does the "remember when we talked about that yesterday?" discussion.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Nor does the "remember when we talked about that yesterday?" discussion.

I seem to have better luck with this one. There is apparently some kind of shelf life for certain discussions. After a few weeks though, revision and selective memory are prevalent. Occasionally I even forget something important :lol: I know this because Vika has an absolutely flawless memory for any mistake I make. I mean total recall - it is unbelievable.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I seem to have better luck with this one. There is apparently some kind of shelf life for certain discussions. After a few weeks though, revision and selective memory are prevalent. Occasionally I even forget something important :lol: I know this because Vika has an absolutely flawless memory for any mistake I make. I mean total recall - it is unbelievable.

My pet beef with my wife is her totally disorganizing and destroying my old system of storage. It happened in the kitchen (I can't find anything!). It happened in the linen closet (I can't find anything!). It happened in the bathroom (I can't find anything!). It happened in all the clothes closets (I can't find anything!). The whole place is different and I am not happy. If her system had some method or logic, OK, but it seems to be based on Chaos Theory. I can't even find my daily vitamins and meds anymore. My life seems to be one continuous search for something I know is located somewhere within the confines of my home.

For you guys just having your fiancees or wives coming over to be with you...DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU!! Defend your closets and drawers (the wooden ones).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Congratulations! This is fantastic news indeed.

A bit of practical advice: Don't think the process is over. Do continue to take pictures, save documentation, and establish evidence that you can use to prove the legitimacy of your relationship when you adjust status. Ira and I got a bit complacent where this was concerned, and had some scrambling to do before our interview. Save things as you go, and your remaining interactions with Uncle Sam should be painless. :)

My pet beef with my wife is her totally disorganizing and destroying my old system of storage. It happened in the kitchen (I can't find anything!). It happened in the linen closet (I can't find anything!). It happened in the bathroom (I can't find anything!). It happened in all the clothes closets (I can't find anything!). The whole place is different and I am not happy. If her system had some method or logic, OK, but it seems to be based on Chaos Theory. I can't even find my daily vitamins and meds anymore. My life seems to be one continuous search for something I know is located somewhere within the confines of my home.

For you guys just having your fiancees or wives coming over to be with you...DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU!! Defend your closets and drawers (the wooden ones).

I suspect that we actually are getting short on closet space. Vika is slowly pushing my veshi into a smaller and smaller space. My work monkey-suits are about to get bumped into the spare room. I checked the closed out and guess who had filled it already. She finished classes last week, and I have already seen several new outfits. Shoping to relieve stress or boredom frightens me. We can make do without joint accounts for the present.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Shoping to relieve stress or boredom frightens me. We can make do without joint accounts for the present.

You hit on something here. My wife often likes to walk to a nearby shopping area with a big mall and several smaller shopping centers all nearby. It's a woman's mecca. That's dangerous because she doesn't need me to drive her...and she's armed with a credit card. I've noticed the monthly card balances going up. I think you're right...part of her shopping is just to get out and do something to break her boredom...or to soothe her occasional anxious moments as she continues to adapt and adjust to life with me here in America.

And, let's face it...Russian women REALLY like to look good and I'll add, sexy. I'm sure her fellow male students in her English class look forward to class everyday just to ogle her well displayed female form. Good thing I'm not the jealous type. I actually like her dressing to look great, and she always does it with class. But with the bills, I'm not such a a happy camper. :(

And, let's face it...Russian women REALLY like to look good and I'll add, sexy. I'm sure her fellow male students in her English class look forward to class everyday just to ogle her well displayed female form. Good thing I'm not the jealous type. I actually like her dressing to look great, and she always does it with class. But with the bills, I'm not such a a happy camper. :(

Same here. Vika dresses to the nines to go to class, and always takes time to look great. She gets stares everywhere, that she claims not to notice. I am resigned to the wardrobe coming with the territory.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My wife often forgets to have all the labels facing out or forgets to make the towels perfect even in the bathroom and I have to correct her.

j/k What movie? Anyone?

Grats, Mark and Anna!!! You made it through the tough part!

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Sleeping with the Enemy. biggrin.gif

You're quick! Good job. ;)

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Russian women REALLY like to look good and I'll add, sexy. I'm sure her fellow male students in her English class look forward to class everyday just to ogle her well displayed female form. Good thing I'm not the jealous type. I actually like her dressing to look great, and she always does it with class. But with the bills, I'm not such a a happy camper. :(

My wife was like this initially... I remember getting a little miffed at the notion that going to the convenience store at midnight to pick up popcorn for a midnight DVD required 30 minutes of "prep" time. But, since then, she's definitely become Americanized. Now she'll throw her hair back into a pony tale, and run out the door in jeans and a sweatshirt. I admit there are times when I miss the sexy chick that gets all the stares, but I like my wife better this way. Also, she's more comfortable with herself, happy and relaxed. And my wallet isn't empty, which makes me happy and relaxed. :)

Edited by shikarnov

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.