RoseAndDaniel

Voting in the Philippines

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee is very worried about the upcoming election. She is in the Mindanao province taking care of her father who is critically ill. She must travel to Cebu to vote because that is where she is registered. She does not want to leave her father (he might not make it through the weekend) but the nurses at the hospital told her that it is very important for her to vote if she wants to get her K-1 Visa later. They have stressed this so much to her that she is adamant in leaving on Sunday to travel to Cebu just so she can vote on Monday.

I told her not to go. I told her I am sure that the government agencies issuing the K-1 Visa will understand her need to care for her father instead of voting.

Am I wrong? I cannot understand why voting would be that important towards her getting her K-1 Visa.

Can someone please tell me something that I can pass on to her soon?

Thank you.

Daniel

Voting in the Presidental Election is a requirement for all K1 Visas..............

Come on Dude, you got to be smarter than that.......

Edited by tallcoolone

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Timeline

Voting in the Presidental Election is a requirement for all K1 Visas..............

Come on Dude, you got to be smarter than that.......

Well,apparently not...I still don't get it. I don't recall reading anywhere that voting was a requirement of the K-1 Visa. If that's a requirement, then we might be screwed on the K-1 Visa because I would still recommend she not go. It will be her decision.

Timeline

My fiancee is very worried about the upcoming election. She is in the Mindanao province taking care of her father who is critically ill. She must travel to Cebu to vote because that is where she is registered. She does not want to leave her father (he might not make it through the weekend) but the nurses at the hospital told her that it is very important for her to vote if she wants to get her K-1 Visa later. They have stressed this so much to her that she is adamant in leaving on Sunday to travel to Cebu just so she can vote on Monday.

I told her not to go. I told her I am sure that the government agencies issuing the K-1 Visa will understand her need to care for her father instead of voting.

Am I wrong? I cannot understand why voting would be that important towards her getting her K-1 Visa.

Can someone please tell me something that I can pass on to her soon?

Thank you.

Daniel

I call BS on that, Voting has nothing to do with the K-1 Visa, its your choice, If you ask me your fiance is being taken for a ride. I think its a waste of time and money to fly to Cebu and vote. Dude you need to tell her to knock this ####### off and forget about voting.

Being Elected President is also a requirement for a K1

You do know that Rumors and misleading rumors is the favorite sport in Philippines

Voting has nothing to do with a K1 Visa

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Yeh, they're just trying to intimidate her for some reason. I know it's important to most families and they're pretty adamant about it but the USEM wouldn't have any idea if you did or not, nor would they care. My wife was sad that she had to be in Manila for the election but it had to be.

Tell her pay no attention to nurses, hell a "doctor" told my wife she had tb last week because she had a cough and a runny nose :blink::bonk:

Edited by Kevin-n-Merlaine

-USCIS-

COMPLETED - March 9th, 2010

-NVC-

CASE COMPLETE - April 2nd, 2010

-INTERVIEW-

APPROVED - May 18th, 2010

POE - Detroit, June 11th, 2010

GREEN CARD - July 21st, 2010

SS CARD - August 13th, 2010

-ROC-

I-751 Sent March 23rd, 2012

NOA1 March 26th, 2012

Biometrics Appt. April 27th, 2012

Bio done early - April 18th, 2012

ROC Approved - September 12, 2012

10 Year GC - September 17, 2012

Timeline

Has it crossed your mind that she might be using this as a excuse to go to Cebu and hang out with some friends ?

Something about Nurses and Doctors giving misleading information as of lately...... If i were you and she still insisted of going to Cebu to vote then I think its time to open a can of WHOOP A55 and LAY THE SMACK DOWN that she needs to stay with her critically ill father.

Edited by -Jason and Rose-

Yeah, i call BS on this too. I know Mhay really wanted to vote in this election, but she will be with me on sunday because it was the only time I could get off to be able to pick her up in anchorage.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Has it crossed your mind that she might be using this as a excuse to go to Cebu and hang out with some friends ?

Something about Nurses and Doctors giving misleading information as of lately...... If i were you and she still insisted of going to Cebu to vote then I think its time to open a can of WHOOP A55 and LAY THE SMACK DOWN that she needs to stay with her critically ill father.

Timeline

Hi!

I don't think that voting is a requirement for the K-1 visa. And I guess, never been a requirement to anything.

I am already in the US through K-1, but haven't registered to vote, and of course, have not even tried to vote.

Voting is a right....It is a privelege, and it is not an obligation. That is what I learned in my political science subject. It is up to you if you exercise it or not.

If I were to choose, I would spend 24 hours watching over my ill father in the hospital than go to Cebu and vote.I think your girl has other motives.... You should investigate.

Thanks.

Timeline

Hi!

I don't think that voting is a requirement for the K-1 visa. And I guess, never been a requirement to anything.

I am already in the US through K-1, but haven't registered to vote, and of course, have not even tried to vote.

Voting is a right....It is a privelege, and it is not an obligation. That is what I learned in my political science subject. It is up to you if you exercise it or not.

If I were to choose, I would spend 24 hours watching over my ill father in the hospital than go to Cebu and vote.I think your girl has other motives.... You should investigate.

Thanks.

I agree with you, the days of the MARCOS dictatorship is gone, you are no longer forced to vote. You should investigate your girls motives. Should like a big giant crock of bull ####### is about to happen.

The requirements for K1 interview are clearly posted on the US Embassy Manila website. Of course voting has nothing to do with K1 or any requirement in any part of the process

K1 timeline :

1/11/10 - I-129F sent to California Service Center

1/19/10 - NOA1

2/18/10 - moved and changed address on USCIS site

2/19/10 - touched

3/10/10 - touched

3/10/10 - NOA2, hardcopy recieved 3/12

3/16/10 - Left NVC, recieved MNL case #

3/22/10 - USEM recieved

4/19/10 - Passed Medical

4/28/10 - Interview - Approved

4/30/10 - Picked up Visa and completed CFO

5/5/10 - POE - Honolulu, Hawaii

5/6/10 - married in Hawaii

AOS timeline:

7/8/10 - received SSN Card

7/16/10 - reported US marriage for RP records

10/18/10 - AOS delivered in Chicago

10/25/10 - NOA1

11/04/10 - Biometrics Letter Received

11/23/10 - Biometrics Completed

11/24/10 - touched

11/26/10 - touched

02/14/11 - AOS approved at Interview, GC ordered

02/22/11 - GC arrives in mail

ROC Timeline:

12/17/12 - I-751 sent to California Service Center

12/20/12 - NOA1 arrives in mail

1/14/13 - Biometrics appointment

4/11/13 - RC Approved at Interview

4/22/13 - 10 Year Green Card arrived in mail

event.png

Always Thankful for God's blessings on our lives..

Hi!

Thanks.

I agree! I spent my whole life (30 years) in the Philippines and I only voted once when my father ran for a councilor, several years ago and never have had any problem at all nor was I required to vote. Voting is an honor, but is not required nor an obligation.

I've never heard anybody that was being forced/threatened by somebody to vote in order to obtain the K-1 visa. The motives behind the reason is pretty obvious, she's BSing him.

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.