ShaneH816

Co-Sponsor Question PLEASE HELP

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello,

I am a 21 year old full time student and I havnt had a real job for a couple years. I read that the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok does not accept co-sponsors for a K-1 Visa?????I was planning on having my dad co-sponsor my fiance. Is this true? does anyone have some first hand experience about this issue? I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks

Shane Headlee

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello,

I am a 21 year old full time student and I havnt had a real job for a couple years. I read that the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok does not accept co-sponsors for a K-1 Visa?????I was planning on having my dad co-sponsor my fiance. Is this true? does anyone have some first hand experience about this issue? I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks

Shane Headlee

1) You could try posting directly to the Thai thread which is also in this same forum K-1 Fiancee Visa Process & Procedures. I will give you the link to this thread:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/175951-sawasdee-3-2009-thai-thread-restarted/page__st__3135

2) There is another Thai web site which is almost all Thai and I cannot read it. My fiancee reads it and I know other members hear can read it. It is called www.usvisa4thai.com

I have not been able to get my fiancee to post her questions there yet. If your fiancee is familiar with this web site or you can ask her to look and join, maybe she can find out there or post the question there. So far, all the Thai members I have become friends with here have not needed a joint sponsor.

Good luck

Naturalization N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Usually no, but it might be accepted for students. Give me a day; I'll ask the girls.

Listen to Rob. usvisa4thai is great for the girls.

Here are a few links for your honey to get started:

Basic Overview of the Process: http://www.usvisa4thai.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5546

I-134 Info: http://www.usvisa4thai.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=143329#p143329

USCIS : 104 Days

10-30-2009 : I-130 and Documents Sent

11-06-2009 : NOA1

02-18-2010 : NOA2

NVC : 66 Days

02-24-2010 : Case Number Assigned

02-25-2010 : E-Mails Given to NVC Operator

02-26-2010 : DS-3032 Sent by E-Mail

03-02-2010 : Received DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03-02-2010 : DS-3032 Accepted

03-02-2010 : Pay AOS and IV Bill Online

03-04-2010 : AOS Shows PAID

03-08-2010 : IV Bill Shows PAID

03-09-2010 : AOS and Documents Sent

03-09-2010 : Receive IV Bill

03-19-2010 : DS-230 and Documents Sent

03-24-2010 : False RFE for DS-230; Confirmed AOS Reviewed and No Missing Information Found

04-02-2010 : Sign-In Failed. Thank you, Lord!

04-05-2010 : Case Completed at NVC

04-15-2010 : Majorly Unhappy with NVC

04-30-2010 : Interview Date Assigned

Embassy :

05-06-2010 : Medical Exam

06-08-2010 : Interview Date -- Approved! Experience and Review

06-18-2010 : Visa Received

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello,

Thanks

Shane Headlee

It is correct to say in most K 1 cases they do not. However there are two cases that I know of that the embassy accepted co sponsor for a K 1 case. Both were students. The co sponsor was a parent. I had suggested to them they submit an explanation letter with the 134s.

If you want to try this approach the letter needs to indicate your present & future plans for your life as a married student & what you will do after graduation. Where will you live after marrige for example. What are your present & future economic plans? Your Dad would write a letter stating his overall involvment ect as well. It is not sufficent to simply fill out the form & leave it up to the officer to guess at anything with respect to support issues.

Remember you wont be allowed at the interview so there is almost zero chance to explain. They are forced to read what ever is submitted so that is your chance to give the info to sway the decision.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.