elmcitymaven

Irritating BS your SO does

1,246 posts in this topic

Julian, I think you're misunderstanding. This has jumped from phrasing things better for the sake of your fiancee to apparently being judged for finances. The point she was making was that you could've left it less critical and personal by saying "she went out for THIS (enter car here) came back with THAT (enter car here)", rather than launching into a story about how stupid she was and how angry you were. It's not that you specifically mentioned the type of car, the italics were for voice emphasis. This is how things get misinterpreted online.

When I told my husband last night about this topic, he smiled and asked "so did you tell them about my eye scratching?" That reminded me; he sounds like he's pumping water from his eye whenever he scratches it. I think I'm just married to a very water-ey head. :lol:

Edited by Gemmie

I wouldn't say that the exchanges about the car purchase are in the flame or troll category.

In fact, I'm kinda liking that we've actually got something resembling an exchange of views going on the UK forum!

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

In fact, I'm kinda liking that we've actually got something resembling an exchange of views going on the UK forum!

About bloody time, right? :lol: This place has been moribund for ages. I do like a nice little scrap.

Makes me miss Alan and all his rants, especially about duvets and teakettles.cray5ol.gif

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

When I told my husband last night about this topic, he smiled and asked "so did you tell them about my eye scratching?" That reminded me; he sounds like he's pumping water from his eye whenever he scratches it. I think I'm just married to a very water-ey head. :lol:

That's so cute! After reading that I thought about how your pictures are usually by a ocean or body of water. Maybe he is Aquaman. :lol:

I told my husband about some of the posts on here too, but I didn't want to share what I wrote because I could just imagine what he would want to contribute. He would probably say something I'd have an urge to smack him for. ;)

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

So... don't feed the troll.

And how exactly am I being a troll? The topic is 'Irritating BS your SO does.' I posted a story exactly relating to the topic. A few people even found it entertaining, right up until the time this Jules came along looking for trouble. I wasn't even attacked for being angry with my fiancee, I was attacked for not being poor enough, I suppose.

No wonder America has such a horrid reputation. If I don't live in a trailer, don't carry a gun in my waistband, and have enough money to take care of myself and my fiancee without having to rely on massive credit card debt, then I must be a horrible troll, is that it?

"It has been suggested that we'll squander the sponsors' money on wine, women and song. That is not true. We don't do a lot of singing here at Portman Road" - Ipswich Town owner John Cobbold

About bloody time, right? :lol: This place has been moribund for ages. I do like a nice little scrap.

Makes me miss Alan and all his rants, especially about duvets and teakettles.cray5ol.gif

yes, that's what I want to know, why are there no electric tea kettles in California?!?

Braggarts are one of my biggest pet peeves. If you must brag, you obviously are insecure and the reality is that what you claim and what is, in fact, deficient.

May I brag about my duvet, Ms Julez? I picked it up at John Lewis before we left London. It's 2.5 tog, perfect for SoCal, and is filled with Siberian goose down. It is teh duvet of my dreamz.luv.gif

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Braggarts are one of my biggest pet peeves. If you must brag, you obviously are insecure and the reality is that what you claim and what is, in fact, deficient.

I can think of quite a few people in real life this is applicable to :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

And how exactly am I being a troll? The topic is 'Irritating BS your SO does.' I posted a story exactly relating to the topic. A few people even found it entertaining, right up until the time this Jules came along looking for trouble. I wasn't even attacked for being angry with my fiancee, I was attacked for not being poor enough, I suppose.

No wonder America has such a horrid reputation. If I don't live in a trailer, don't carry a gun in my waistband, and have enough money to take care of myself and my fiancee without having to rely on massive credit card debt, then I must be a horrible troll, is that it?

You are offensive to me and I assume to the other people that are responding to you. Earlier you stated that you would have come on an investor visa, but the US is not worth investing in. It's the general attitude you have been using in your posts. You, sir, have a lot of growing up to do. Marriage will be good for you. Good luck.

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

You really are delusional if you think that people care about your finances. It has nothing to do with the topic at hand OR the point that people are making about the way you handled things. YOU were the one that decided people were going there, everyone has confirmed it's how you were with your fiancee, not about money.

You're right though, people think you're mean to your fiancee because we're sub-consciously jealous that you have money :rolleyes:

Speaking of tea, I found boxes of PG Tips at Big Lots yesterday for $3. It's not the husband's fave but better than the "English breakfast tea" (which apparently is an American convention) you find here. So, you may want to check out the Big Lots near you! They often have an interesting assortment of imported grocery items.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

The lack of an electric tea kettle isn't exactly the problem. I found some Tetley tea bags in my local store. Tetley tea isn't my favourite, I admit, but I excitedly thought they would do the job until my next consignment of Yorkshire Tea gets sent over by my forgetful mother. The English varieties of tea they sell here are not the same at all. I know water has a huge impact on the taste of tea, but my Yorkshire tea was at least palatable. All I want is a nice cup of tea! :blush:

I got mine off of Amazon as a wedding present. ;)

Ahh, now why didn't I think of that? :P I drink far too many cups of tea to be faffing around with old-fashioned kettles on a stove...but at least the duvet is perfect ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.