elmcitymaven

Irritating BS your SO does

1,246 posts in this topic

SSShhhh ! they are listening....

and watching

they have put tape recorders in my heels...

Oh dear. Now I'm paranoid that my study is bugged. Why has the little blue video light on my laptop pinged on? unsure.gif

Deny everything, Alan. Stand resolute in the face of slander and derision!

When I make it to the harem, I will take responsibility for bin collection day, so you don't wear yourself out with menial tasks. Maven and the Owl need you fresh! devil.gif

Ta muchly, Val. star_smile.gif

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Irritating BS my SO does... complain if I take the SUV with the satnav (GPS) in it. I don't take the GPS/satnav out of the glove box and put it in the beat up Toyota because... well, FFS - they are both MY cars and I pay ALL the household bills. Plus, he doesn't have an interview to go to today so why should I leave him a tool to help him get through the GRID system we live in.

He calls me today at work and tells me my little one is sick. So I arrange the doctors appointment and tell him the address that is about a mile from our HOUSE. He calls me and makes me guide him there while he drives. #######? Seriously, how hard is 415 South 550 East to find? He has a math degree FFS!!! :no:

At least in the end my little one got to the doctors and is now taking antibiotics for Bronchitis. When I get home I hope the urge is gone to slap the husband for being such a baby about needing a woman - computer or otherwise - to tell him how to get anywhere.

Edited to make sense.

Edited by Jewel-8

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Jewel, I'm afraid I'm the same as your husband. Whenever we go out and I'm driving, I'm forever asking him "is it that exit that I need" and "left or right?" He gets irritated and tells me that I should KNOW by now and I need to start paying attention to where we're going if I want any hope of driving by myself. And as I tell him, he's had 26 years to get used to the area, and I've had 1 - and only been driving for 2/3 months, so NER. :P

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

jeez I have gone wrong somewhere

All the women I know have got men who can't change a light bulb or find their way to the end of the street and the women pay the bills and buy the GIN !

These guys must have mega appendages or blinding white teeth or something

Here is me, the most competent man on the whole planet with more accomplishments than even a guy with a maths degree can count, millions in the bank, few nasal hairs and a waistline to die for - and here I am with 2 cats for company.

IT'S NOT FAIR

Edited by saywhat

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Jewel, I'm afraid I'm the same as your husband. Whenever we go out and I'm driving, I'm forever asking him "is it that exit that I need" and "left or right?" He gets irritated and tells me that I should KNOW by now and I need to start paying attention to where we're going if I want any hope of driving by myself. And as I tell him, he's had 26 years to get used to the area, and I've had 1 - and only been driving for 2/3 months, so NER. :P

I don't get mad at him for small things like which exit things are at.. He could have called and asked my mom or sister to walk him through it. It would have been much easier than calling me and interrupting me while I'm working on some government reporting. I am SO happy he is starting a temp job next week.

I just wish he wasn't so lame about needing GPS and the compass/temp gauge in MY suv. On the plus side, I started to talk about grad schools with him yesterday and he was up for the idea of being the breadwinner while I do that... He's not all bad. I guess maybe he really is directionally challenges.

:rofl: That's just lewd, Alan. ;)

Edited by Jewel-8

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Timeline

I don't get mad at him for small things like which exit things are at.. but I'm feeling like a mom that needs to cut the freaking apron strings already. He could have called and asked my mom or sister to walk him through it. It would have been much easier than calling me and interrupting me while I'm working on some government reporting. I am SO happy he is starting a temp job next week.

:rofl: That's just lewd, Alan. ;)

White teeth ? I am suffering from Suzy Ormond blindness just now so I have a down on dazzle nashers.

As for the other, I think it's praps myth and the ladies might be telling the truth when they say it's the money .... How else would larry king get 7 women to marry him...

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

jeez I have gone wrong somewhere

All the women I know have got men who can't change a light bulb or find their way to the end of the street and the women pay the bills and buy the GIN !

Here is me, the most competent man on the whole planet with more accomplishments than even a guy with a maths degree can count, millions in the bank, few nasal hairs and a waistline to die for - and here I am with 2 cats for company.

IT'S NOT FAIR

All that and a wonderous comb-over to boot!

just joking. Couldn't resist!

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Timeline

All that and a wonderous comb-over to boot!

just joking. Couldn't resist!

Comb over ? When I were a lad we didn't have combs. We had to scare the cat and scrape it over our heads before it recovered it's serenity.

moresheep400100.jpg

Comb over ? When I were a lad we didn't have combs. We had to scare the cat and scrape it over our heads before it recovered it's serenity.

Oh dear, Alan is in professional Yorkshireman mode now.

Timeline

Oh dear, Alan is in professional Yorkshireman mode now.

Professional Yorkshireman ? When I were a lad nobody got paid for anything. We had to pay the doctor with chickens and small ones at that.

He had that many chickens it was a wonderous sight, and they used to get out and peck people and then he would get another chicken to fix the people who had been pecked by his chickens.

I caught chicken pox off them.

When my sister caught flu off the cat, he looked at her and said have half an aspirin every day for 3 days and you will be fine - and she were so he knew his trade.

They only had Catholic approved pills for birth control - an aspirin you hold between your knees.

The DOC came out to me ma one day and couldn't see her and asked where she were. Me dad said "She's gone to ligger down". The quack said " I thought she would have stayed here when she knew I was coming over"

If you were to tell the young people of today that, they wouldn't believe you

lig: reference

http://www.viking.no/e/england/e-yorkshire_norse.htm

Edited by saywhat

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

Well, I believe you. And that's all that counts, since I'm still your No 1 Internet Girlfriend. I think. :unsure:

Hooray !

Hope the others are still on board in case you need a day off to go get my beer and dates and batteries for my hand held fan....

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Eeee bah gum. That's all the Yorkshire I know,.....

Sounds like you've come a long way from your beginnings at the barn ont'moor.

Me, I'm from County Durham....Now gis a bag o'crisps, hinny.

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Hooray !

Hope the others are still on board in case you need a day off to go get my beer and dates and batteries for my hand held fan....

Owl will be as soon as her honeyswoon is over. But that Val... She's a wild card. Good thing you can count on me :luv:

Timeline

Eeee bah gum. That's all the Yorkshire I know,.....

Sounds like you've come a long way from your beginnings at the barn ont'moor.

Me, I'm from County Durham....Now gis a bag o'crisps, hinny.

Durham is where the posh Geordies live. I bet gazza doesn't know where it is.

Actually they are so far south they might stray into Yorkshire when they are out rustling sheep.

Here is a photo of a typical north easterner: (not durham of course - oh let's have a fondue party )

http://api.ning.com/files/IuhHdGFYzybbMojnixtQaYcSTWG4c2jXcST0o7b0f1nn-F3A8ESueLUCeiMiDngOSg-k5OY6dzjovvSpRHfgWJD7Bjg08JDb/drunk_paulgascoigne.jpg

moresheep400100.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.