elmcitymaven

Irritating BS your SO does

1,246 posts in this topic

Is he OCD? I get that way with my SO sometimes. Especially when I'm mad that the house is a mess and he hasn't done anything the whole time I've been at work.

Not officially, but he has some tendencies that way. Everything has to be just so in the workshop (his space). Inside my house is another matter. I am looking at a discarded paper towel left on my couch from lunch with bits of pot pie on it.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Not officially, but he has some tendencies that way. Everything has to be just so in the workshop (his space). Inside my house is another matter. I am looking at a discarded paper towel left on my couch from lunch with bits of pot pie on it.

Take him out and shoot him in the face.

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

I'll have to borrow one of Alan's Lee Enfields for such purposes as I do not keep firearms in the house. Then I'll be set. In the meantime I will just shoot ice daggers through the french doors at the workshop and tell him I won't be making an early supper.

God, I'm all bluster and no execution. crying.gif Co-dependency has a new name, and that is "Maven."

You are home, so why is he still there? No house- or cat-sitting needed. Boot him out to get his own damned supper.

Oh, and get a bow & arrows. I think that might actually be more satisfying than a gun and bullets.

Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

He is still here because his stuff is still here, and his office is here. He's doing a voiceover this afternoon and his studio is in the workshop.

A year on from The Incident With She Who Must Not Be Named (after which I kicked him out) and the house is still filled with his stuff. I'm looking to move soon though and his stuff is NOT coming with me!star_smile.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Is he OCD? I get that way with my SO sometimes. Especially when I'm mad that the house is a mess and he hasn't done anything the whole time I've been at work.

Working with birds is excruciating ! There is no communication methods that will suffice.

My dad was coming back with my mum from Morecambe on their pedal cycles - 60 miles each way.

The main road went round a sharp bend to the right but a cart track went off to left which was 'straight on' I suppose. She was in front and shouted "Which way". He shouted "straight on". She went off up the cart track and got stuck in the cow muck while he flew gracefully round the right hand bend in the main road.

BUT

The killer was that as he went round, he LAUGHED

She was stuck up a cart track in the poo and he LAUGHED

This happened when they were 19 and she still went red with rage when it was mentioned - even when they were 81. They actually had a stick fight in their wheel chairs in hospital when they were 81 and it was as sore with her as when she was 19.

Communications simply cannot work as the wiring is totally different.

45% of women do not know their left from right for a start so any collaborative effort involving map reading (such as sailing close to Iranian waters) is bound to end in domestic violence.

The driving examiner in Wisconsin said she had never seen anyone parallel park like me and it was wonderful. The fact that I was a bloke and I had experience of parking in Paris accounted for that.

I would be distraught if anyone detected even a slight hint of sexism in this - it's just a wiring description of a telly which is different to a vacuum

Now to mollify members of the 'gentle' sex, I usually and immediately acknowledge that women are better than men at lots of things - but it doesn't seem to work. They want to believe they are either equal or better but never worse. Men by contrast, admit that they are worse at some things - diapers, cat litter, washing up, being frightened of insects, remembering mother in law's birthday etc.

Edited by saywhat

moresheep400100.jpg

Working with birds is excruciating ! There is no communication methods that will suffice.

My dad was coming back with my mum from Morecambe on their pedal cycles - 60 miles each way.

The main road went round a sharp bend to the right but a cart track went off to left which was 'straight on' I suppose. She was in front and shouted "Which way". He shouted "straight on". She went off up the cart track and got stuck in the cow muck while he flew gracefully round the right hand bend in the main road.

BUT

The killer was that as he went round, he LAUGHED

She was stuck up a cart track in the poo and he LAUGHED

This happened when they were 19 and she still went red with rage when it was mentioned - even when they were 81. They actually had a stick fight in their wheel chairs in hospital when they were 81 and it was as sore with her as when she was 19.

Communications simply cannot work as the wiring is totally different.

45% of women do not know their left from right for a start so any collaborative effort involving map reading (such as sailing close to Iranian waters) is bound to end in domestic violence.

The driving examiner in Wisconsin said she had never seen anyone parallel park like me and it was wonderful. The fact that I was a bloke and I had experience of parking in Paris accounted for that.

I would be distraught if anyone detected even a slight hint of sexism in this - it's just a wiring description of a telly which is different to a vacuum

Now to mollify members of the 'gentle' sex, I usually and immediately acknowledge that women are better than men at lots of things - but it doesn't seem to work. They want to believe they are either equal or better but never worse. Men by contrast, admit that they are worse at some things - diapers, cat litter, washing up, being frightened of insects, remembering mother in law's birthday etc.

Hmmm. I know I must accept what you say given your status as Caliph, but it grates. A little. I will admit I am worse than he is at fixing cars. That's just about it. Oh, and reaching stuff on high shelves.

I do like your story of your parents though.laughing.gif

Timeline

Hmmm. I know I must accept what you say given your status as Caliph, but it grates. A little. I will admit I am worse than he is at fixing cars. That's just about it. Oh, and reaching stuff on high shelves.

I do like your story of your parents though.laughing.gif

She tormented him for 60 years+

She would wait until he was engrossed watching an important football match then she would say: "I never noticed the shape of your nose before"

He would say "shut up"

She would say "You didnt say shut up when you came to talk to me in 1931 at that cricket match - oh no you were making out how nice you were. If you had told me to shut up then I wouldn't have had anything to do with you "

She would keep this up until he was bouncing up and down shouting at her and calling her insane while she just drank sherry and laughed.

They fought like cat and dog for 60 years. Takes all kinds I suppose. When she went to hospital for a week or two, he said "Oh it's lovely to have a break from her"

3 days later he was sat with his head in his hands saying he wanted her to come home and he missed her so much.

The long winter nights must have just flown by

I remember being under a car and I sent my GF of the time for a spare. She went into a garage spares dept and said " My BF has sent me here for a screw"

They said, "Yeah come on round the counter love" and they started laughing

She came back with the screw but she was really angry and it was all my fault

moresheep400100.jpg

I remember being under a car and I sent my GF of the time for a spare. She went into a garage spares dept and said " My BF has sent me here for a screw"

They said, "Yeah come on round the counter love" and they started laughing

She came back with the screw but she was really angry and it was all my fault

I really wonder why that might have been the case. I'm absolutely flummoxed. :mellow:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
The increasingly pregnant Mrs. T-B., while being tucked into bed tonight, said (50% matter-of-factly, 50% cheerily), "I have hate in my heart. Sorry that I want to beat you up. I want lemonade." Si, man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

The increasingly pregnant Mrs. T-B., while being tucked into bed tonight, said (50% matter-of-factly, 50% cheerily), "I have hate in my heart. Sorry that I want to beat you up. I want lemonade." Si, man.

I'd hide all the potential weapons in the house. Including the steak knives, they can do a lot of damage. helpsmilie.gif

Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm cross-stitching that onto a sampler. It's like Jimmy Carter crossed with Attila the Hun on an estrogen drip.

owl.jpg

I-129F Sent : 2010-02-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-02-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-03-12

NVC Received : 2010-03-18

NVC Left : 2010-03-22

Consulate Received : 2010-04-12

Packet 3 Received : 2010-04-14

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-04-16 (logged 2010-04-27)

Packet 4 Received : 2010-04-29

Interview Date : 2010-06-02

Interview Result : APPROVED!!!!!!

Visa in hand: 2010-06-09

POE: 2010-06-11

We is married now!: 2010-06-24

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
I'd hide all the potential weapons in the house. Including the steak knives, they can do a lot of damage.
Too late, si man; she needs them for edible objects. A few weeks ago, you would NOT have wanted to have been the grapefruit on which she was taking out her heart-hate, no man. I should probably arrive home tonight with lemonade, assuming that it's still on The List, si man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

A: What's wrong ?

If you don't know, I'm not telling you.

B: What kind of car are you going to buy ?

Definitely a red one

C: Oh jeez it's been sick on me

oh diddums, he is so cute when he does that

moresheep400100.jpg

A: What's wrong ?

If you don't know, I'm not telling you.

B: What kind of car are you going to buy ?

Definitely a red one

C: Oh jeez it's been sick on me

oh diddums, he is so cute when he does that

I see you've been studying the male/female playbook then, Alan.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.