elmcitymaven

Irritating BS your SO does

1,246 posts in this topic

It's not a tracking device it's an... no I can't say that.

It's an AGMD Advanced gin moderating device

When it detects excess levels being approached, it cuts your knicker elastic by vertical laser shot

With those round your ankles you can't get to the bar for more

It's all for your own good as the Patriot Act says.

You don't know me then. I can be VERY determined when there is gin involved.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

I can't believe it !!!!

This guy is called deepa khazi !!!!!!!

Think I am choking to death !!!!!! gurgle !

http://www.linkedin.com/in/deepakhazi

laughing.giflaughing.giflaughing.gif

I had missed this post of yours. Oh dear. How unfortunate.

(*stifles giggles*)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

laughing.giflaughing.giflaughing.gif

I had missed this post of yours. Oh dear. How unfortunate.

(*stifles giggles*)

It has to be a spoof !

I mean .... that is the worst since this guy named his daughter 'Aphelia'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/edballs

Edited by saywhat

moresheep400100.jpg

It has to be a spoof !

I mean .... that is the worst since this guy named his daughter 'Aphelia'

http://www.guardian....olitics/edballs

Balls, I say to that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I've got to be better about monitoring these threads, but it's hard to tear myself away from my flight pattern. Just a note, though, about the violet scented bathroom taps. I think there should be at least two for beer--one for cooler evenings, a brown ale of some sort, and one for summery drinking. Abita's Purple Haze springs to mind. Just, make a note of it please.

owl.jpg

I-129F Sent : 2010-02-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-02-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-03-12

NVC Received : 2010-03-18

NVC Left : 2010-03-22

Consulate Received : 2010-04-12

Packet 3 Received : 2010-04-14

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-04-16 (logged 2010-04-27)

Packet 4 Received : 2010-04-29

Interview Date : 2010-06-02

Interview Result : APPROVED!!!!!!

Visa in hand: 2010-06-09

POE: 2010-06-11

We is married now!: 2010-06-24

I've got to be better about monitoring these threads, but it's hard to tear myself away from my flight pattern. Just a note, though, about the violet scented bathroom taps. I think there should be at least two for beer--one for cooler evenings, a brown ale of some sort, and one for summery drinking. Abita's Purple Haze springs to mind. Just, make a note of it please.

I approve of this plan. Alan, get cracking on the plumbing, will you?star_smile.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I approve of this plan. Alan, get cracking on the plumbing, will you?star_smile.gif

Think we are onto something here. There has to be a market for decadence on that scale in CA

How do the girls get on with each other in a Harem ? I mean I can't imagine being in a man harem coz the other guys would get so sick of me getting all the action and them being spares for when I was busy with the England game.

It just shows that men are wired differently. Instead of working out how to arrange things so that men and women are not irritating each other (jeez what a convoluted way of getting back on topic), why don't men just act like women for a week and then the women act like men for a week ? That way they all get relief from their present resentments some of the time and always have something to look forward to.

Would there be enough room in my gun cupboard for another 3 rifles though ? Would she resent me borrowing her handbag without asking ?

Even 'in role' there is room for contre temps to appear and wreck the day.

I have noticed that a bunch of gals or guys are great for the first hour or two and then all the picky stuff starts and by the time they go home they are all making nasty remarks in the taxi about them that went in the other taxi. That's only if they didn't pull of course.

The evidence is in. People of whatever persuasion are only happy when they are flushed with success either approaching or just achieved, or are united against a common enemy.

The rest of the time they are a bunch of malcontents who are living 2 GINS short of being worth talking to

This dim assessment of humanity simply drives me towards my goal of eating more English bacon sandwiches and swilling more gin rather than living in cave in the tora bora and trying to change the world. Actually that's his problema ! Bacon sandwiches and gin are the two main things he is forbidden to have - no wonder he went doolally and went to live in a cave

From Deolali, pronounced 'doolally' (at least by Tommy Atkins) Originally 'Deolali tap' (tap being malarial fever in this case) Deolali was a major transit camp in British India. The town is, of course, still there.

moresheep400100.jpg

How do the girls get on with each other in a Harem ? I mean I can't imagine being in a man harem coz the other guys would get so sick of me getting all the action and them being spares for when I was busy with the England game.

Well, owl and I get on just fine at the moment, and if you keep us plied with gin and beer we'll be too giggly and weak to get into owl/pussycat fights with claws and feathers and beaks and whatnot. And men can't live in harems because they can't stand not being number one all the time. We're MUCH better at sharing, have it drummed into us from when we are girls.

The evidence is in. People of whatever persuasion are only happy when they are flushed with success either approaching or just achieved, or are united against a common enemy.

The rest of the time they are a bunch of malcontents who are living 2 GINS short of being worth talking to

Well, this is very true.

my goal of eating more English bacon sandwiches and swilling more gin

A common goal for us both, Alan. Can we have English bacon sandwiches too in our rooms?

Okay, here's my irritating BS -- he is over right now. I told him I would be working all day on a project proposal which MUST BE DONE by tomorrow. Still, he chooses to come in my study and talk to me about all sorts of Deep and Meaningful malarkey about the nature of our relationship, and how he is scared I will become distant from him as my life moves on, and what will he ever do without me?

You should have thought about that before you messed everything up! Now get out of my study and let me write!mad.gif

What on earth did he think was going to happen? wacko.gif

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

What on earth did he think was going to happen? wacko.gif

Stay BFFs forever and do each other's nails, I guess!laughing.gif He has no idea how to function without a wifey/mummy, I guess.

Timeline

Think we are onto something here. There has to be a market for decadence on that scale in CA

It just shows that men are wired differently. Instead of working out how to arrange things so that men and women are not irritating each other (jeez what a convoluted way of getting back on topic), why don't men just act like women for a week and then the women act like men for a week ? That way they all get relief from their present resentments some of the time and always have something to look forward to.

Well well well. I have a theory, and Maven may back me up, that we already have it switched, ostensibly, in contradiction to the stereotypes. We don't have to try each others' genders on for size. We're already defying it all. Women aren't fragile or overemotional. Men aren't born steel-strong. Both sexes may present in a certain way, but the deep reality? So much more complicated.

I know this isn't what you've said at all--I just ramble on as a way of questioning the idea of acting like the other for a week. How would we act? I do believe there are differences between men and women. I just have no idea what they are, beyond the obvious.

owl.jpg

Well well well. I have a theory, and Maven may back me up, that we already have it switched, ostensibly, in contradiction to the stereotypes. We don't have to try each others' genders on for size. We're already defying it all. Women aren't fragile or overemotional. Men aren't born steel-strong. Both sexes may present in a certain way, but the deep reality? So much more complicated.

I know this isn't what you've said at all--I just ramble on as a way of questioning the idea of acting like the other for a week. How would we act? I do believe there are differences between men and women. I just have no idea what they are, beyond the obvious.

Happy to back you up -- we were just talking about this in a completely different context but yes, I do agree. I have been able to find unbelievable reserves of strength, cold-blooded tenacity and steeliness in the past year that I never knew I had in me. At the same time, I've also been indulgent of my husband, tending to his whims and desires even at a time when he probably deserved much less. Both strands are in me, the feminine and the masculine (if that's how we code these traits, even if only in shorthand), and I can't say that I would be happy to let go of either. Knowing that I can be girlygirlySQUEEEEEEEEEEEE and also be ruthlessly practical at the same time is appealing to me.

To act the other way for a week might just mean very little in practical terms, especially for a beer-drinkin', potty-mouthed rabblerouser like me.

Timeline

Happy to back you up -- we were just talking about this in a completely different context but yes, I do agree. I have been able to find unbelievable reserves of strength, cold-blooded tenacity and steeliness in the past year that I never knew I had in me. At the same time, I've also been indulgent of my husband, tending to his whims and desires even at a time when he probably deserved much less. Both strands are in me, the feminine and the masculine (if that's how we code these traits, even if only in shorthand), and I can't say that I would be happy to let go of either. Knowing that I can be girlygirlySQUEEEEEEEEEEEE and also be ruthlessly practical at the same time is appealing to me.

To act the other way for a week might just mean very little in practical terms, especially for a beer-drinkin', potty-mouthed rabblerouser like me.

God I know, it gets unbelievably complex. Have we lost you entirely Alan?? Say it isn't so! It starts to bend the whole feminism thing and sends it into a place (a good place) where a woman is both a squee toenail painter and a whip-smart warrior, but not as an affect in rebellion of previous perceived weakness. I'm getting stupid, stop me. I'll think of a thing my SO does and make it all better.

But right now, my vision of the true woman has the following colors: She cried easily, paints her toenails, says squee, and is capable of enduring more pain and hardship than any male conquerer history has ever known.

R doesn't put the new toilet paper on the roll.

owl.jpg

God I know, it gets unbelievably complex. Have we lost you entirely Alan?? Say it isn't so! It starts to bend the whole feminism thing and sends it into a place (a good place) where a woman is both a squee toenail painter and a whip-smart warrior, but not as an affect in rebellion of previous perceived weakness. I'm getting stupid, stop me. I'll think of a thing my SO does and make it all better.

But right now, my vision of the true woman has the following colors: She cried easily, paints her toenails, says squee, and is capable of enduring more pain and hardship than any male conquerer history has ever known.

R doesn't put the new toilet paper on the roll.

You do remember what we do to husbands who don't do this, right? We take them outside and shoot them in the face. (See back about eleventy bajillion pages in this thread for the reference.)

Will return without wisecrack and with semi-serious analysis after hugeass fryup I am about to make.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.