elmcitymaven

Irritating BS your SO does

1,246 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Incorrect. MY little ray of sunshine. Hands off, woman.mad.gif

What do preggy people eat in the U.S. ?

In England they eat pieces of coal

I suppose everything is bigger in America so it will be a bite of out Mount Rushmore or something.

jeez I can remember her throwing up all over my Ford. I worked hard for that Ford. I had to grease round my rich grand aunt and watch her take an hour to poke around in her fish bones while I sat there with a bow tie on looking like I deserved a legacy. It worked and I got 250 quid inheritance - hence the three year old Ford.

People who work in factories don't know what real hard work is compared to greasing round grand aunts.

I wonder if it will be bald. I had a bald one and a hairy one . I remember saying to her "What the hell is THAT" will all its black hair looking like the exorcist. Actually she was the blond one when she grew up.

Luckily the chap didn't go to the slaughterhouse scene in those days - we all turned up next day with a bunch of flowers. I think if I had been there for all the blood and innards I would have turned gay or 'forget it' immediately. It's a silly modern fad - what next, watching em on the bog ?

Life is great coz either way, have em or don't have em, there is an up side and a down side - so we can all relax.

If I had been born even uglier, I would never have been able to get a girlfriend - but I wouldn't have had my nose punched or been two timed either - so it all evens out. Isn't that great ?

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Luckily the chap didn't go to the slaughterhouse scene in those days - we all turned up next day with a bunch of flowers. I think if I had been there for all the blood and innards I would have turned gay or 'forget it' immediately. It's a silly modern fad - what next, watching em on the bog ?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I am absolutely against having men in the delivery room. What the hell do they know? After I checked into the hospital at 18 to have my first and only I found out the delivery nurse had never had her own kids before. I think I called her every name in the book and told her to STFU every time she told me to do something. Labor makes some people crazy!! If I ever have another baby my husband is NOT going to be in the room. I can just imagine punching him in the head or something equally horrible.

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Nothing anyone says about childrearing ever makes it sound attractive.

:unsure: Maybe I should have thought this through...

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Congratulations, eeek man.

Mrs. T-B. forgot about the cherries, but awoke from a 2-hour nap to find me off-polishing the antepenultimate spoonful of ice cream (chocolate, thankfully) and went apeshat. I had to (rather speedily) embark on yet another expedition to buy four more mangos ("very hard, and very green!"). Some ice cream was also part of the supermarket purchase, and all was well after two of the very hard/green mangos went down the newly bottomless hatch. She then said, "I want soup!" and began to eat the new ice cream (which, in fairness, was semiturgid).

And, she has twice threatened to begin calling Miss Daffy (the cat) "fea" (ugly, in Spanish) if I continue to call "baby" by the (to me) completely appropriate "Cletus the Fetus."

Just 7+ weeks into this. Please shoot me now, si man.

LOL That's funny. My hubby will actually tell you that I've not sent him to the grocery for a craving at all the entire pregnancy. Though I suppose it helps that my main craving has been milk, which we always have on hand.

I bet you'll find she changes as the weeks pass. The first trimester has got to be the worse in that sense. Though I'm finding these last four weeks are going to be spent trying to just be comfortable as I fight for space in my own body.

I am SO happy I have chosen to live a sprog-free existence. biggrin.gif Nothing anyone says about childrearing ever makes it sound attractive.

I know - right Empress? I hear more horror stories than just about anything else - makes me surprised people still continue to procreate!

Actually I don't think people realize how kind of mean it is to do that to new parents, but I'm getting used to it. All I can do is my best and go from there. It'll either be the best thing I've ever done or the dumbest.

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline

Well having kids is great at the time and that's what's important.

It's like taking delivery of a new car - it's superb - then next week somebody scratches it in the car park and suddenly it's a source of sorrow and another mess to sort out. That's real life.

My current wife (wait let me check - yes she is still here), has never had kids. She tried to get close to mine until he came banging on the door drunk at 3am - then she got a practical lesson in all the stuff that comes with it. She now reverts to cats - much better - until they rip your new settee to shreds and start clattering the blinds at 4am and throwing up on the sunday newspaper

So the lesson to be learned (US - the take away) is to enjoy what's good while it lasts and when it goes bad - dump it if it's dumpable. Kids and cats ain't dumpable by the way. Cats can be squirted with cold water when they are bad but you get arrested for squirting kids repeatedly.

Seize the moment - and the secret of a good party is knowing when to leave.

Edited by saywhat

moresheep400100.jpg

Sorry, Tracy. :( I actually really do admire people who can make that kind of commitment in their lives, to take care of a child, nurture and love it, and to bring a new life into the world. It takes a kind of bravery and sacrifice that I can't muster up. You and Chaz are going to be awesome parents, and baby TN is gonna be one lucky bambino.luv.gif

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline

Sorry, Tracy. :( I actually really do admire people who can make that kind of commitment in their lives, to take care of a child, nurture and love it, and to bring a new life into the world. It takes a kind of bravery and sacrifice that I can't muster up. You and Chaz are going to be awesome parents, and baby TN is gonna be one lucky bambino.luv.gif

and 'IT' will buy you a new LEXUS when you are 60 ! Just like keith's sprog did.

It does happen

Edited by saywhat

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Timeline

unsure.gif Maybe I should have thought this through...

Haha. I remember at 4 weeks till delivery.... I suddenly got cold feet and went into a blind panic. What was I doing?! I had committed myself to a lifetime of responsibility for another human being! :o I was barely responsible for myself! OMG. crying.gif

Two successful adult children later I love them to death. And that's where they almost ended a few speedbumps along the way. <_< But I just colour those gray hairs and rub collagen into the worry lines, and they're barely noticeable. And, you know.... I've learned a lot over the years about red wine and its healing qualities. Oh. And I learned to shut them in their rooms for their own safety. That's important. You will easily convince them that it's in their own best interests. :)

iagree.gif

LOL That's funny. My hubby will actually tell you that I've not sent him to the grocery for a craving at all the entire pregnancy. Though I suppose it helps that my main craving has been milk, which we always have on hand.

I bet you'll find she changes as the weeks pass. The first trimester has got to be the worse in that sense. Though I'm finding these last four weeks are going to be spent trying to just be comfortable as I fight for space in my own body.

I know - right Empress? I hear more horror stories than just about anything else - makes me surprised people still continue to procreate!

Actually I don't think people realize how kind of mean it is to do that to new parents, but I'm getting used to it. All I can do is my best and go from there. It'll either be the best thing I've ever done or the dumbest.

Actually, what I find more annoying is the "Oh, I remember those days!" and "Get your sleep now!" and "Your life will never be the same" stuff. I do get the concept that babies and little kids (OK, and even adult kids) interfere with sleep and that a lot changes when you've got a small human you're responsible for. My close friends who have kids have been great though, and mostly offering practical advice, like what stuff we might consider buying, and all the baby stuff people buy but often don't need or use. It seems that it's the friends of friends types who want to ramble on about little Johnny (wait...nowadays, that would be little Chase or Brady) or Ashleigh/Brittanee, who did this, this, and this, blah blah blah... Sheddep lady!

I think part of the reason I'm not really thinking too much about the reality of parenthood is that the Jew in me (I'm half) feels like I can't celebrate it mentally until the baby is here and healthy. I've bought almost nothing and don't plan to until pretty late. I kinda wish it was like the old days, when the parents-to-be didn't buy anything beforehand, and while mom was recovering in the hospital, the family members would set up the nursery. I've found that when I hear a screaming baby in the supermarket, which would usually make me wince, I now think, "I hope when my kid arrives, she's healthy enough to make that kind of noise." Well, preferably not in a public place. I probably sound kinda neurotic given that everything looks fine so far except the possible minor complication I mentioned in another thread. I didn't even make a general "we're expecting announcement" until I was nearly 15 weeks. I think when you start thinking about things in those sort of cautious terms, it kinda makes the other stuff seem pretty minor.

Edited by Empress of Groovy

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Nah it's ok - I constantly hear the bad from nearly everyone. I know it's their 'way' of preparing you, but I don't think they realize that, while that dose of reality may be very pertinent, it's also probably not what you should 'lead' with. Unless you truly think parenting was a horrible mistake.

I never thought I was ready either, but having a husband like Chas has made me feel SO much less anxious about it. How folks parent on their own, though, is quite beyond my capacity. I know I wouldn't be woman enough for that!!

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline

I never even kissed a gal til I was 21. Too busy with guns and motorbikes and model planes etc

2 months later I was a dad to be !

What a surprise ! I didn't think that would happen - even with my 'A'level pass in Biology.

Washing nappies in the sea at midnight in Cornwall - those were the days - bet the BP mess isn't half as bad

Hahah and they thought it was the Torrey Canyon disaster that caused all that.

At least you can be proud nowadays if 'IT' is gay or lesbian, or BI, or a cross dresser or is dixlectric or a vegetarian catholic like Hitler was.

I am a cross dresser sometimes - I get really cross when I can't find my other sock

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

Tracy - I saw the video of your baby shower on FB and I have to admit - it made me feel a bit verklempt. All the visa journey and there you are together a few years later with a bump, opening up baby presents.

Yes their mummies will love em whatever...

I remember the woman with a baby on a British Rail train. A man in the compartment stood up and said "Glad I am getting off here - that kid is SO ugly"

Off course she started to cry uncontrollably

The guard saw her and asked what was the matter.

She said "A really horrible man has just insulted me"

He said " You calm down love - I will go and get you a nice cup of tea and a banana for your monkey"

moresheep400100.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.