elmcitymaven

Irritating BS your SO does

1,246 posts in this topic

Do CA IKEAs sell the alcoholic cider? I hear it's heavenly.

I know it's hard to believe, but I have no idea. Usually I can smell booze a few miles away, but I was more focused on buying a new French press and a duvet cover last night to notice.

Top tip from Rob! Muchas gracias.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Do CA IKEAs sell the alcoholic cider? I hear it's heavenly.

Wait WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT? :o

IKEA sells alcohol? I seem to be quite derelict in my duties. I had no idea. I will also not protest so much next time my wife tries to get me to go with her. :rofl:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Wait WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT? :o

IKEA sells alcohol? I seem to be quite derelict in my duties. I had no idea. I will also not protest so much next time my wife tries to get me to go with her. :rofl:

I don't know about the US, but the UK stores do. My state has insane liquor laws. We can buy beer at the stores but everything else including wine coolers has to go through the state owned, closed early, Sundays, and on holidays stores.

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

I don't know about the US, but the UK stores do. My state has insane liquor laws. We can buy beer at the stores but everything else including wine coolers has to go through the state owned, closed early, Sundays, and on holidays stores.

Connecticut laws are like that. Beer in the supermarkets, anything harder in the package stores. Closed on Sundays and holidays. Recently the law was relaxed to allow shops to sell liquor after 8pm, all the way up until 9pm, but only if the shopkeeper felt like it. I remember Saturday nights at 7.45pm -- the line of students snaking out of College Liquor all the way down Chapel Street was insane. But they did also use to have a law (now abolished) that allowed you to state under penalty of perjury that you were 21 and sign a statement to that effect -- if the package store owner liked the cut of your jib, you could buy booze and they were not held responsible. Only a few shops were grandfathered in to allow this when the law abolishing it was passed, and hey ho, one was on the edge of campus. :D

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

if the package store owner liked the cut of your jib, you could buy booze and they were not held responsible. Only a few shops were grandfathered in to allow this when the law abolishing it was passed, and hey ho, one was on the edge of campus. :D

If only I had known that 10 years ago, my college education would have been 3,000 miles away. ;)

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Timeline

I remember when I 21, I went to St. George, Utah to go snowboarding with some friends at Brian Head Resort. We rolled in on a Thursday just after lunch time. We drove around for about 2 hours looking for a liquor store. We finally stopped at a gas station and asked the attentdant where we could buy some liquor. He said, in the most hilarious deadpan voice; "This is God's country, we don't have alcohol, try that b@stard state Nevada down the road". :rofl:

Connecticut laws are like that. Beer in the supermarkets, anything harder in the package stores. Closed on Sundays and holidays. Recently the law was relaxed to allow shops to sell liquor after 8pm, all the way up until 9pm, but only if the shopkeeper felt like it. I remember Saturday nights at 7.45pm -- the line of students snaking out of College Liquor all the way down Chapel Street was insane. But they did also use to have a law (now abolished) that allowed you to state under penalty of perjury that you were 21 and sign a statement to that effect -- if the package store owner liked the cut of your jib, you could buy booze and they were not held responsible. Only a few shops were grandfathered in to allow this when the law abolishing it was passed, and hey ho, one was on the edge of campus. :D

I went to university in south carolina, we had similar blue laws. They didn't sell alcohol on sundays (except for in private clubs). So, saturday night, come 11:30 p.m., half the student body were jumping in their cars to drive down 45 minutes to Georgia where you could still buy liquor and beer for another 2 hours. The things we do for a good buzz.

Hardly anyone had a car at my university except for the grad students. Juniors and seniors were permitted to own cars, but only if they lived off campus (also frowned upon) and had to park in the world's most expensive student garage. Hence only the rich f^cks had cars, which was great because they all had awesome rides. We did drive to Rhode Island once to get booze in someone's red convertible Beemer; I felt like I was in a Jay McInenerney novel as we took an impromptu stop at Newport to visit someone's friend's house and score blow. Which I did not do.innocent.gif

Timeline

Hardly anyone had a car at my university except for the grad students. Juniors and seniors were permitted to own cars, but only if they lived off campus (also frowned upon) and had to park in the world's most expensive student garage. Hence only the rich f^cks had cars, which was great because they all had awesome rides. We did drive to Rhode Island once to get booze in someone's red convertible Beemer; I felt like I was in a Jay McInenerney novel as we took an impromptu stop at Newport to visit someone's friend's house and score blow. Which I did not do.innocent.gif

LoL, my university adventures all felt like a scene out of a Bret Easton Ellis book. :lol:

Timeline

It was hard not to feel either Jay or Bret in those heady, heady early 90s. Kids today! They know not what they missed.crying.gif

Back then, you didn't have to worry about your drunken escapades being broadcast on youtube either :innocent:

I am so grateful to have got through my young and stupid phase of life before the advent of social media

Amen. It's bad enough that I have to watch it replay in my head. If footage of me standing on top of a table in Naples Pizzeria, a pitcher of Natty Light in one hand, clad in a flannel shirt, black micro-mini, ripped cotton tights and 8-hole Docs, belting out "New York, New York" in the style of Eartha Kitt ever was released, I would have no career left.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.