elmcitymaven

Irritating BS your SO does

1,246 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

The gift card goes towards keeping my stash of Bombay Sapphire at adequate levels; the $187 goes on hookers and blow, natch.

Ohhhhh there is to be NO mentioning of Bombay Sapphire whilst I still have 2 hours 40 minutes left of work. :blush:

Next time you're in London, you have to go to the bar at the Duke's Hotel in St James's. The most amazing gin and vodka martinis, bar none. There's an actual martini cart that they roll up to your table, and they make it right there in front of you, as dry as sir would like. I prefer the gin, but then again, I am a lady and we are partial to gin.blush.gif

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Timeline

Ohhhhh there is to be NO mentioning of Bombay Sapphire whilst I still have 2 hours 40 minutes left of work. :blush:

...or my 111 days left of gestation!

*shakes fist*

Next time you're in London, you have to go to the bar at the Duke's Hotel in St James's. The most amazing gin and vodka martinis, bar none. There's an actual martini cart that they roll up to your table, and they make it right there in front of you, as dry as sir would like. I prefer the gin, but then again, I am a lady and we are partial to gin.blush.gif

I just shed a tear.

Timeline

There was a Martini bar in L.A. that wasn't too bad, although i imagine it is pants compared to Duke's Hotel. It was on Doheny and nicely priced, considering the top shelf bottles they had.

...or my 111 days left of gestation!

*shakes fist*

Sorry, Maven is not programmed to avoid speaking of alcoholic beverages for such great lengths of time. Try again.

There was a Martini bar in L.A. that wasn't too bad, although i imagine it is pants compared to Duke's Hotel. It was on Doheny and nicely priced, considering the top shelf bottles they had.

Where on Doheny? There was an alumni thingy I was invited to recently that was at a martini bar but I gave it a miss -- might have been on Doheny. I am always delighted to add to my database of places to imbibe in LA.

Filed: Timeline

Seriously, this is no joke...I once went to Blue Martini, only had two Martinis the whole entire night, I nursed em like a good girl! But right after the last one, I'm dancin with my peeps on the dance floor, and I no longer felt or had any control over my face. Totally aware, but couldn't move.

I think I got spiked!

Timeline

Where on Doheny? There was an alumni thingy I was invited to recently that was at a martini bar but I gave it a miss -- might have been on Doheny. I am always delighted to add to my database of places to imbibe in LA.[/size]

It's over where it gets wonky by Fairfax. Ohhhhh, I guess I now have a reason to go back over there this weekend :innocent:

It's over where it gets wonky by Fairfax. Ohhhhh, I guess I now have a reason to go back over there this weekend :innocent:

I know exactly where you mean. Hmmmmm. I'm feeling a martini moment coming over me right now. :D

Unfortunately I only have Guinness in the fridge.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Unfortunately I only have Guinness in the fridge.

Speaking of imported beer... How hard is it for people in other states to find their favorites? Utah liquor stores don't sell Belhaven at all and Colorado only sells one type of Belhaven... but it's not Belhaven's Best like Dave has been wanting. Is it easy to find what you want in California and other states?

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.