elmcitymaven

Irritating BS your SO does

1,246 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Seriously. I may have to borrow a Dodge, sans gun rack, to go load up

You Californians and your hatred of gun racks! PFTTTTTTTTTT. ;)

Disclaimer: I do not own a gun, gun rack, mobile home, ####### hound, or a Dodge. please don't tell the other Southerners. I might get kicked out.

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

OH HEY WAIT! Don't group all Americans in with the Boston Yankee accents! Down here we talk real slow and nice like for people to understand

Well hubby doesn't have a Boston accent, but I don't know how else to spell how the Americans pronounce it. "Calm-bo"?

I am NOT a Californian. I am in but not of the place. Cut me open and you will see "Connecticut" written through me, in fancy cursive. I speak like Thurston Howell III's younger sister and I'm proud of it. :D

I guess my new boyfriend Julian must have gone to bed. :( I wanted to hear more about the size of his bank balance.crying.gif

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

I am NOT a Californian. I am in but not of the place. Cut me open and you will see "Connecticut" written through me, in fancy cursive. I speak like Thurston Howell III's younger sister and I'm proud of it. :D

You mean you're not from Caleeeeeee? :P I think I'm more of an East Coast person myself - oooh that's my pet peeve, why can't my husband be from New England as opposed to the baking desert of California? ;)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
New England rules, Cali drools.

Given that a friend of mine from Worchester sent Trader Joe's chocolate covered almonds to my house I am invlined to agree!

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Sorry to go back to this, but I'm late to the party today.

Contrary to your opinion, Melissa and I do come her for 'supporters.' We thought we'd found a place where we could share experiences with others who are going through a similar situation. I'm happy to say that, except for a few like yourself and Jules, we've found many supporters.

Glad to hear you're wanting support. Most people I've gotten to know on VJ think I'm a pretty nice lady. I just mostly try to help out people when I can.

I happen to be in a position to pamper my fiancee a bit, and I've yet to hear her take issue. Perhaps you or your husband are one of the millions of Americans unable to hold a job in this terrible economy, and for that I am sympathetic. But I will not lie because my financial situation makes you uncomfortable.

No, Julian we don't have jobs because we don't need them. However it was kind of you to offer sympathy. Your financial situation doesn't make me uncomfortable, envious, or impressed. I was speaking to you with some motherly/grandmotherly advice about manners and maturity. Use VJ as a place to get support and information about immigration, not to flaunt your lifestyle. You don't have to be important, rich, or good looking to impress people. Let them love you for your wit or sincerity or good heart. Those are the folks who will be true friends through thick and thin.

(L) Peace?

:ot2: Ok Gemmie had to think hard about anything that might bother me. With our collective years of marriage experience exceeding 55 years, we're pretty much past caring about laundry hampers, toilet seats, humming, saliva pools, etc. We already spent a lifetime trying to change somebody or be changed. Now I'm just lovin' being loved for the real me despite my bad habits. But... I do wish he would try new foods...just one tiny bite. Shrimp? No. Crawfish? NO. Chinese food. No. Roasted corn? No. Sonic pineapple limeade chiller? No. (It's a really long list.) How can you know you don't like something without a tiny little taste?

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

We would both move back to the East Coast if we could.sad.gif His work keeps us out here though. New England rules, Cali drools.tongue.gif

I love that, I might nick it from you :P I think my husband wouldn't really mind living on the East Coast, but again his work ties us to California.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

:ot2: Ok Gemmie had to think hard about anything that might bother me. With our collective years of marriage experience exceeding 55 years, we're pretty much past caring about laundry hampers, toilet seats, humming, saliva pools, etc. We already spent a lifetime trying to change somebody or be changed. Now I'm just lovin' being loved for the real me despite my bad habits. But... I do wish he would try new foods...just one tiny bite. Shrimp? No. Crawfish? NO. Chinese food. No. Roasted corn? No. Sonic pineapple limeade chiller? No. (It's a really long list.) How can you know you don't like something without a tiny little taste?

My exbf was malaysian and ALWAYS tried to get me to try things that I didn't want to try. There was this fish in a tin with these little black things. He said it tasted like vegemite. Well it smelled like it and he just kept pushing it, I tried it begrudgingly... and spent the next 5 minutes dry-retching in the bathroom. The only reason I didn't ACTUALLY throw up is because I refused to swallow the rest of the vile taste in my mouth.

He never tried to get me to try something again. Though honestly I think you need to be in the right mind-set for it, and it has to be SOMEWHAT palatable to the general public... I refused to be in the house while he cooked chicken hearts, liver and feet. I refused to try beef tongue and the only reason I ate the "beef tail" soup is because I bought the beef and while there was SOME beeftail in it, the majority was just plain beef (damn it was good).

:ot2: Ok Gemmie had to think hard about anything that might bother me. With our collective years of marriage experience exceeding 55 years, we're pretty much past caring about laundry hampers, toilet seats, humming, saliva pools, etc. We already spent a lifetime trying to change somebody or be changed. Now I'm just lovin' being loved for the real me despite my bad habits.

Awwwww!!

You speak from experience, whereas I'm a complete beginner, but I think there's a difference between loving someone warts and all and two different people adjusting to one another, and people trying to change one another? I fell in love with my husband for the man he is - I don't want to change him, and he doesn't want to change me (nor would I let him!!), but we are still learning to deal with certain aspects of one another and life better. Of course over the years we'll change together, but that's more of natural process isn't it?

You have got to be kidding me...she would have had to waive her right to the cooling off period? She didn't mention that, she only said California has no cooling off period. What a bloody stupid thing to do.

As I said, I thought it best to start our new life together with something a little more classy than a 10 year old Sentra. But yes, in hindsight I should have just rented a car at the airport and dealt with this myself. Lesson learned.

According to this http://www.californialemonlaw.com/ncoprule.htm, there's no cooling off period (any longer) in California.

I can't imagine being sent enough money to buy a new car. Maybe she was overwhelmed. Aside from that, car sales people can be "convincing" (I'm picking a nice word, see?) No offense to anyone, but people should get to buy the cars they want without being incredibly upside down or overextended. Their goal is to move a car off the lot, no matter what, IMO.

I'm sure there are some caring, honest ones out there. :)

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

According to this http://www.californi...om/ncoprule.htm, there's no cooling off period (any longer) in California.

While that is technically true, dealers must (at least for used cars) offer a contract for a small amount that allows the buyer two days to change his or her mind. My husband didn't take the contract when he bought his Corvette (and regretted it); I bought a contract when I bought my Mustang and although I didn't use it I'm glad I did. :)

I would also like Julian to wire me money from his Child & Co account; I promise not to be overwhelmed but only suitably thankful.blush.gif

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I was speaking to you with some motherly/grandmotherly advice about manners and maturity.

Wow...do people actually fall for that? 'Oh hello there, I'm going to twist your words around to make me feel better about myself, but it's grandmotherly advice, so be a deary and have a nice sweet whilest I run this knife up your spine.' Sorry granny, but I'll pass.

Use VJ as a place to get support and information about immigration, not to flaunt your lifestyle. You don't have to be important, rich, or good looking to impress people. Let them love you for your wit or sincerity or good heart. Those are the folks who will be true friends through thick and thin.

Once again, nobody flaunted my lifestyle except you and a few others. I mentioned the make and model of a few cars to tell my story, nothing else. My intention was to participate in the topic of this thread, and you have dragged it completely off-topic in your glee to attack me. My my, gran, what big teeth you have.

(L) Peace?

After you apologise, sure.

"It has been suggested that we'll squander the sponsors' money on wine, women and song. That is not true. We don't do a lot of singing here at Portman Road" - Ipswich Town owner John Cobbold

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.