1,580 posts in this topic

*prays for huge terrible natural disaster to hit the UK*

Not even joking, PLEASE GOD MAKE IT HAPPEN.

If I die in it, well it was worth the gamble because I can no longer tolerate this.

Maybe some nice country can declare a war us? Or lob a nuclear missile that gets intercepted?

Why you are so upset? Did you solve your problem with "Case Status" & all that?? I hope so...

Is funny if you're jocking & not funny if you mean it. Anyway want to point out that a disaster in which you might die is not the solution. Because if smth bad would happen to you, you'll never go in US to be with your loved one & also others after you will be approved faster. You'll just get cut off the list!! Do you want that? No... Cheer up!! We're all waiting... & we're all gonna get accepted.

USA:
01/15/11: POE - New York
01/28/11: Welcome Letter & GC

ROC:
10/16/12: Mailed ROC package
10/18/12: Eligibility window opens
10/20/12: Package arrives at VSC
10/22/12: NOA1 date
11/23/12: Biometrics appointment
01/16/13: Conditional GC expires
04/22/13: Notification of card being mailed
05/04/13: 10 year GC received!

Filed: Timeline

Why you are so upset? Did you solve your problem with "Case Status" & all that?? I hope so...

No. And not only this but my husband applied to visit me. They aim to complete the UK visit visa priocessing in 5 days. But we are now on day 10 with no response. It is now too late for him to visit because the plane tickets are now much too expensive to afford. I needed him, had my heart set on it and they scuppered all my hopes.

BUREAUCRACY IS THE MOST DISGUSTING THING IN THE WOLRD!! YUCK... YOU HAVE REASONS TO BE UPSET & IN BAD MOOD!!MY SOOTHING WORDS PROBABLY WILL NOT HELP, SO I DONT EVEN TRY!! F**K ONLY THING WILL MAKE YOU HAPPY SOME PPL WILL MOVE THEIR A$$ES & DO THEIR JOB RIGHT.THAT'S WHY THEY ARE PAID... THEY SHOULD GIVE GOOD QUALITY TO ALL THEIR CUSTUMERS, BECAUSE BASICLY THAT'S WHAT WE ARE FOR THEM. CUSTUMERS FOR VISA... I THINK IS QUITE EASY TO APPROVE PPL, BUT THEY JUST WANT TO BE PAINS... TO MAKE YOU WAIT SO YOU GO IN THE GREAT, WONDERFUL AMERICA.... WHICH IS NOT SO GREAT AS IT USED TO BE. THE AMERICAN DREAM HAS KINDA FADED. NOW PPL TALK ABOUT THE CHINA DREAM.

Edited by Love is patient

USA:

ROC:

Hi there May Filers!! I have an update for you all!!

I have NOA-2 this i what I wrote on the forum this morning!

As some of you may know, there was an earthquake in Chile this past February; I was there visiting my husband! Yikes!! Someone here told me that there was something on USCIS website about expediting your immediate relative if they live in Chile. So this Monday I looked for that notice and found it, I called USCIS and spoke to someone who put me thru to someone in a higher lever than hers (she was very sympathetic) I told him about my husband and that I had just came back from Chile and there are still earthquakes some of them 5.6. He put me on hold for 15 minutes came back on the line and asked me my name my adress my receipt number and put me on hold again. He told me that he wrote a note on my application and most likely it would not be approved, but never the less he wrote a note and sent it to a supervisor.

That was on Monday July 19

I checked my case status around 5pm yesterday before leaving work, I saw no change then this morning I checked my emails and there it was my case has been approved and they sent me a an approval notice on July 21!! so this is NOA-2!!!!

If anyone here has a relative in Chile make that call!! I should have called when someone here told me about it about 3 weeks ago!

Ok now I need a cup of coffee and get all things ready for NVC!!!

I am sure I will need help so I am looking forward to all of those going thru NVC to help me out!

First question is there a trhead on what to do now? how long do I wait to call NVC? I'm so excited my mind is a BLANK!!

Thank you God for this blessing!

Emily

• Engaged May 2009
  • September 3, 2009 Married in civil ceremony in Santiago Chile
  • May 17, 2010 I became a US citizen
  • May 27, 2010 mailed I-130 (did not use express mail..a mistake I will not repeat again, did certified/receipt return).
  • June 1, 2010 package delivered at Chicago, Il @ 3:04 pm
  • June 7, 2010 check was cashed NOA-1
  • June 9, 2010 Touched
  • June 11, 2010 NOA-1 hard copy received

Congratulation on your NOA2 :star:

at least some of us have a little extra luck on hand, I just wish it wasn't at the expense of a natural disaster just to get an expidite I wish there were expidites for everyone and no natural disasters, but alas, maybe we'll see some May NOA2's late August =). I hope things go smoothly for you use my NVC checklist in the thread to help organize your documents a bit and read the guides here on visa journey and I'm sure you'll make it through alright. Keep us updated~

Good luck,

Jen and Geert

07-28-08 Married.

USCIS

05-04-10 Packet I-130 mailed.

05-06-10 Packet I-130 Arrived.

05-11-10 Packet I-130 Received by USCIS.

05-13-10 Touched.

05-17-10 NOA 1 Hardcopy Received.

11-03-10 Touched. Approved.

11-22-10 NOA2 hardcopy received.

NVC

11-04-10 DS-3032, I-864 Bill received.

11-04-10 E-mailed DS-3032.

11-05-10 DS-3032 Received.

11-04-10 AOS Bill paid.

11-05-10 IV Bill paid.

11-13-10 Sent IV and AOS.

11-15-10 IV and AOS Received.

11-30-10 IV and AOS in NVC system.

12-10-10 RFE.

12-11-10 Sent requested documents.

12-13-10 Documents arrived @ NVC.

01-10-11 Case complete at NVC.

Consulate

02-09-11 Husbands Medical Exam.

02-14-11 Interview. Approved.

5-14-11 POE

(Join the conversation! :) )

May 2010 CR-1/IR-1 Filers Thread

“Love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices in truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” (Corinthians 13:4-7)

event.png

BUREAUCRACY IS THE MOST DISGUSTING THING IN THE WOLRD!! YUCK... YOU HAVE REASONS TO BE UPSET & IN BAD MOOD!!MY SOOTHING WORDS PROBABLY WILL NOT HELP, SO I DONT EVEN TRY!! F**K ONLY THING WILL MAKE YOU HAPPY SOME PPL WILL MOVE THEIR A$$ES & DO THEIR JOB RIGHT.THAT'S WHY THEY ARE PAID... THEY SHOULD GIVE GOOD QUALITY TO ALL THEIR CUSTUMERS, BECAUSE BASICLY THAT'S WHAT WE ARE FOR THEM. CUSTUMERS FOR VISA... I THINK IS QUITE EASY TO APPROVE PPL, BUT THEY JUST WANT TO BE PAINS... TO MAKE YOU WAIT SO YOU GO IN THE GREAT, WONDERFUL AMERICA.... WHICH IS NOT SO GREAT AS IT USED TO BE. THE AMERICAN DREAM HAS KINDA FADED. NOW PPL TALK ABOUT THE CHINA DREAM.

Bureaucracy is a sad thing, logically things should be a heck of a lot more simpler, yet they make seem like rocket science, and have us fill out too many forms and collect too many documents, but I'm sure many more people will have to suffer before anything would be done about it.

I think that the whole tight borders thing is becoming more of a nuisance with modern society, with the existance of the internet international isn't so far away when communicating with people, and with couples who meet online and want to be together thats when things get complicated and I don't think it should be complicated, because life is already difficult enough as it is. I only hope that they change this somehow in the future so that others can benefit, but we are stuck doing things the "ancient" way =/. Anyways thats my two cents~

07-28-08 Married.

USCIS

05-13-10 Touched.

NVC

11-04-10 AOS Bill paid.

11-05-10 IV Bill paid.

12-10-10 RFE.

Consulate

5-14-11 POE

“Love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices in truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” (Corinthians 13:4-7)

event.png

*prays for huge terrible natural disaster to hit the UK*

Not even joking, PLEASE GOD MAKE IT HAPPEN.

If I die in it, well it was worth the gamble because I can no longer tolerate this.

Maybe some nice country can declare a war us? Or lob a nuclear missile that gets intercepted?

Be careful what you wish for :unsure: gambling with your life or happiness is not a good idea when your working so hard to try to be happy and see your loved one, hang in there a lot of us are separated, it sucks majorly and I feel angry/sad about it at times too, but I know that there's hope around the corner and that goes for all of us.

07-28-08 Married.

USCIS

05-13-10 Touched.

NVC

11-04-10 AOS Bill paid.

11-05-10 IV Bill paid.

12-10-10 RFE.

Consulate

5-14-11 POE

event.png

Bureaucracy is a sad thing, logically things should be a heck of a lot more simpler, yet they make seem like rocket science, and have us fill out too many forms and collect too many documents, but I'm sure many more people will have to suffer before anything would be done about it.

I think that the whole tight borders thing is becoming more of a nuisance with modern society, with the existance of the internet international isn't so far away when communicating with people, and with couples who meet online and want to be together thats when things get complicated and I don't think it should be complicated, because life is already difficult enough as it is. I only hope that they change this somehow in the future so that others can benefit, but we are stuck doing things the "ancient" way =/. Anyways thats my two cents~

I totally agree with you! Thought you would be more harsh on me ever since I mention American Dream... & bla bla in a somewhat negative way!!! I know plenty of ppl who would still love so bad to be part of it... so it's quite strong. I was angry so maybe Shirosiru will feel better!! :)

For international couples is still hard because the governement has some policies, in a way i understand them in a way i dont because i'm in this position right now. I dont think our situation is so bad in the grand scheme of things!!

When it comes to me I dont feel the "American Dream" so strong... was strong 5 years ago when i didnt know my hubby & when I wanted my uncle from US to help me do my studies there & stay there, really live the American Dream, fight to survive. But it didnt happen, only a big disappointment, so it's left me with bitter taste. I only got registered to Visa Lottery..... I was like "Yea whatever I will surely win!"... lost all my hopes, completely.... but just when I did that someone appeared in my life. 2-3 years after that I met the lovely person who will become my husband, didnt think we will really get involved, so i was quite reticent, but in the end we really felt destined to be with eachother.

We have lots of interesting facts that unite us. For example in'97 I've been in US for a short time. I got my plane from Budapest to go to NY (where he lives) & from there to my uncle's residence in Philly!! My hubby he was in that year, around that time in Budapest, 4-5 hours from my Hometown. WOOOOOOOOOW...

He even wanted to go to Romania, but he had problems at the border. Is good he wasnt allowed I was too young at that time. 10 years after this story, we met online (he still didnt go to Romania, although he wanted few times) & aprox 2 years after we got engaged in Budapest!! So, ppl around the border are great sometimes. lol.

USA:

ROC:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Congratulation on your NOA2 :star:

at least some of us have a little extra luck on hand, I just wish it wasn't at the expense of a natural disaster just to get an expidite I wish there were expidites for everyone and no natural disasters, but alas, maybe we'll see some May NOA2's late August =). I hope things go smoothly for you use my NVC checklist in the thread to help organize your documents a bit and read the guides here on visa journey and I'm sure you'll make it through alright. Keep us updated~

Good luck,

Jen and Geert

Imagine how I feel everytime my husband and loved ones (my entire family lives in Chile) have to run out of the house sometimes in middle of the night because the earth is still moving and wont stop for at least a year after the major earthquake this past February. I was there and was scared out of my mind. This BENEFIT as USCIS calls it is something they decided to extend to families of USC and LPR's and to me as well because when I travel there to see him, It puts me in harms way. I pray everyday my husband and my family will be safe. We only had one death due to this disaster, I hope it stays like that. I just got back from Chile and it felt two quakes, believe me it's scarry!! Please keep Chile in your prayers.

I wish everyone here aspeedy NOA-2, YOU ALL DESERVE TO BE WITH YOUR LOVED ONE ! GOD BLESS!!

Emily

Removal of Conditions 8/2012

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

anyone watch SALT yet?? all this talk of missiles made me think of it...

USCIS JOURNEY

12-08-09 - I-130 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

12-11-09 - Notice of Action (NOA1)

02-25-10 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2) ~CA service center~

03-23-10 - PCC Applied - GET 04/01

Your I-130 was approved in 76 days from your NOA1 date

NVC JOURNEY

03-03-10 - NVC Case Number Assigned

03-05-10 - Email give

03-09-10 - AOS bill; Agent Email Get

03-10-10 - Paid AOS Bill; Email/Mail DS-3032

03-12-10 - AOS Bill Status: PAID

03-15-10 - IV Bill Email Get; Pay IV Bill

03-16-10 - IV Bill Status: PAID; AOS @ NVC

04-07-10 - IV Pack @ NVC

04-12-10 - IV Pack Enters AVR

04-20-10 - Log-in Fail

04-21-10 - Case Complete

04-30-10 - Interview Date Assigned

05-07-10 - NVC Forwards Case to Embassy, Tokyo

Your case was complete in 50 days at NVC

EMBASSY JOURNEY

04-16-10 - Medical Exam ($400) - PASSED

05-10-10 - Embassy Receives Case from NVC

06-28-10 - INTERVIEW - Moved

06-21-10 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED!

06-22-10 - Visa Received

Your interview took 192 days from your I-130 NOA1 date

USA JOURNEY

07-05-10 - US Entry

07-26-10 - Request SSC @ SS office

07-28-10 - Welcome Letter (2nd on 8/9)

08-02-10 - SSC GET

08-12-10 - Green Card GET -38 days

04-05-2012 - File I-751: APPROVED 10/17

nihonamerica.jpg

Imagine how I feel everytime my husband and loved ones (my entire family lives in Chile) have to run out of the house sometimes in middle of the night because the earth is still moving and wont stop for at least a year after the major earthquake this past February. I was there and was scared out of my mind. This BENEFIT as USCIS calls it is something they decided to extend to families of USC and LPR's and to me as well because when I travel there to see him, It puts me in harms way. I pray everyday my husband and my family will be safe. We only had one death due to this disaster, I hope it stays like that. I just got back from Chile and it felt two quakes, believe me it's scarry!! Please keep Chile in your prayers.

I wish everyone here aspeedy NOA-2, YOU ALL DESERVE TO BE WITH YOUR LOVED ONE ! GOD BLESS!!

Emily

I can only imagine how scary that'd be hopefully your family will stay safe and that the earthquakes will stop. Take care~

07-28-08 Married.

USCIS

05-13-10 Touched.

NVC

11-04-10 AOS Bill paid.

11-05-10 IV Bill paid.

12-10-10 RFE.

Consulate

5-14-11 POE

event.png

I totally agree with you! Thought you would be more harsh on me ever since I mention American Dream... & bla bla in a somewhat negative way!!! I know plenty of ppl who would still love so bad to be part of it... so it's quite strong. I was angry so maybe Shirosiru will feel better!! :)

For international couples is still hard because the governement has some policies, in a way i understand them in a way i dont because i'm in this position right now. I dont think our situation is so bad in the grand scheme of things!!

When it comes to me I dont feel the "American Dream" so strong... was strong 5 years ago when i didnt know my hubby & when I wanted my uncle from US to help me do my studies there & stay there, really live the American Dream, fight to survive. But it didnt happen, only a big disappointment, so it's left me with bitter taste. I only got registered to Visa Lottery..... I was like "Yea whatever I will surely win!"... lost all my hopes, completely.... but just when I did that someone appeared in my life. 2-3 years after that I met the lovely person who will become my husband, didnt think we will really get involved, so i was quite reticent, but in the end we really felt destined to be with eachother.

We have lots of interesting facts that unite us. For example in'97 I've been in US for a short time. I got my plane from Budapest to go to NY (where he lives) & from there to my uncle's residence in Philly!! My hubby he was in that year, around that time in Budapest, 4-5 hours from my Hometown. WOOOOOOOOOW...

He even wanted to go to Romania, but he had problems at the border. Is good he wasnt allowed I was too young at that time. 10 years after this story, we met online (he still didnt go to Romania, although he wanted few times) & aprox 2 years after we got engaged in Budapest!! So, ppl around the border are great sometimes. lol.

I can understand the need for background check's and making sure people qualify, but I don't understand why they're always running behind or backlogged, or just some of the other non transparent things going on behind closed doors, it's not at all organized enough for the amount of people who want to apply to come here to America, people want to get on with their life and move on not sitting around waiting for it to start, life's too short to begin with.

Well being born into the dream or being in another country wanting the American dream are different. I'm sure for some people it works for them, but the American dream means something different to each individual, for me that dream is bringing my husband here and pursuing my right to happiness, having nice things and being financially comfortable.

07-28-08 Married.

USCIS

05-13-10 Touched.

NVC

11-04-10 AOS Bill paid.

11-05-10 IV Bill paid.

12-10-10 RFE.

Consulate

5-14-11 POE

event.png

I can understand the need for background check's and making sure people qualify, but I don't understand why they're always running behind or backlogged, or just some of the other non transparent things going on behind closed doors, it's not at all organized enough for the amount of people who want to apply to come here to America, people want to get on with their life and move on not sitting around waiting for it to start, life's too short to begin with.

Well being born into the dream or being in another country wanting the American dream are different. I'm sure for some people it works for them, but the American dream means something different to each individual, for me that dream is bringing my husband here and pursuing my right to happiness, having nice things and being financially comfortable.

You know ever since child I've been drawn to US. The coolest toys, sweets, clothes I had all came from there. As a child I visited the place, liked it alot! Turning teenager had a cousin that went there to study University. Wanted that so bad myself!! My family there took alot of risk by taking her, supporting her both emotionally & financially. Unfortunately she caused them disappointment by getting pregnant. She didnt have green card or anything, just study visa... & the father was not American citizen too. So,... grrr. They didnt gwet married, she later on married another guy, American who also had children from previous marriage. The point is they didnt want to take chance with another girl... ME!! Felt discriminated, then kinda turned anti US. The media gave me endless reasons!! lol

So, instead of studying abroad (my biggest dream), have a wow career, then finding love & settling down, I remained in my hometown studying, living my life normally & abondoning that thought almost completely. I'm so happy I found the love of my life. I have support & help from my hubby always!! Before I would have been all by myself fighting the adversity... now is so much different, feel blessed. But I can honestly say that I'm so amazed how mysterious are God's ways... (L)

USA:

ROC:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Just Logged in to my account. Showing a Case last updated Of 7/21/10. Anybody get a touch recently???

USCIS-CSC I751

12/20/2012: USPS package mailed out

12/26/2012: NOA1

06/14/2013: RFE letter received

06/19/2013: RFE response mailed back out.

06/21/2013. Package Received.

Waiting once again.... What happens next?.?.?.?.?.?

Just Logged in to my account. Showing a Case last updated Of 7/21/10. Anybody get a touch recently???

COOL!! It might mean you'll get approved sooner. Who knows!! :)

Got a question for you & the rest: Police clearance you think needs translation & legalization?

In Romania this document is valid for 6 months, got it yesterday & plan to give it to my husband to take back home. This document will go with package IV... last package that will be sent back to my country at the embassy. Any clue?

USA:

ROC:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.