Cowgirl2

WAITING and waiting

176 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just got off the phone with DOS and they said that they have approved the visa to be issued! :dance: I still kind of can't believe it and will probably feel a little uneasy until it actually arrives. Today was exactly 7 weeks after they received our additional info and this past Tuesday, my congresswoman contacted them, which probably helped.

I'm sure they're coming soon for those of you still waiting!

Great news! Congratulations. :dance:

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

OH there are a lot of us waiting! :angry:

Trying to be patient but its NOT EASY!

Hi Lenie,

I was just wondering when did they exactly start reviewing your case? They started reviewing ours April 20th. I just wanted to know how far behind we are...Thanks!

Timeline

Thanks everyone! I am soooo happy!

Cowgirl, when I called on Monday, they said it was still in AP and then when I called Friday, they said it had been approved. Is yours a review of domicile, too?

Hi Lenie,

I was just wondering when did they exactly start reviewing your case? They started reviewing ours April 20th. I just wanted to know how far behind we are...Thanks!

Timeline

Thanks everyone! I am soooo happy!

Cowgirl, when I called on Monday, they said it was still in AP and then when I called Friday, they said it had been approved. Is yours a review of domicile, too?

When we call they just say they are still reviewing our case and they had started on April 20th (meaning thats when they opened up our documents), some say AP others say reviewing. Ours is also a review of domicile and we had sent in our documents March 30th so about 1.5wks after yours. Do you know if your congresswoman contacted the Montreal consulate directly, or did she contact DOS or Visanet? My Senator usually contacts DOS or Visanet so if you congresswoman had contacted Montreal direcly, I can request that from my Senator. Thanks for your help. I hope my husband is in the same boat as you soon!

Congrats Lenie!!!!! And Cowgirl.. I am still crossing my fingers for you!!!

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Timeline

I just got off the phone with DOS and they said that they have approved the visa to be issued! kicking.gif I still kind of can't believe it and will probably feel a little uneasy until it actually arrives. Today was exactly 7 weeks after they received our additional info and this past Tuesday, my congresswoman contacted them, which probably helped.

I'm sure they're coming soon for those of you still waiting!

congrats! it's about time!

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

I noticed that in K1 filing it is easier to get an interview than CR1 filing..am I just one noticing it or...who else might?

Well if you base it off when NVC received the petition from USCIS, it took me almost 4 months between then and my interview. NVC got the file in november and my interview was march 30th. for others it was less time. but avg is anywhere from 2-4 months it seems, and it's in spurts every few months. Like November was one batch of filers getting interview dates, and the next was around January/feb. seems the dates come in spurts of every 3 months about.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Lenie, I think we are the ONLY ones waiting...isn't that crazy?! I hope something turns up soon or I will be admitting myself to a mental institution soon. What makes me mad is that some people received their visas within 4 weeks and here we are just waiting and waiting...NOT FAIR!

im waiting as well

it very heart breaking and i cry daily

funny i used to work in psych and wonder how a person can get so depressed i NOW know HOW

congrats! it's about time!

did you have to send your passport in or just needed documents

Timeline

Thanks Carolie, I hope I can give you guy some good news next week.

Smurf- We sent in my husband's passport the first time we sent in the requested documents which was in January. The letter that was given to us, along with the CO, stated that we should send the passport in with the additional documents. The second time they requested more documents, they kept the passport and just sent a letter. We sent those documents in March 30th.

I know its really hard to think positive, believe me! My husband and I have been separated since the beginning of this year and its just a constant emotional rollercoaster. Only thing we can do is wait, and just try to remain sane. I hope it helps to know that you aren't the only one in this battle.

Timeline

im waiting as well

it very heart breaking and i cry daily

funny i used to work in psych and wonder how a person can get so depressed i NOW know HOW

did you have to send your passport in or just needed documents

i only sent the required document but on the letter i received at the interview it also has an X marked in passport spot

yet i gave them passports and they returned them so i thought they didnt need them

but i am gonna send them this monday along with a cover letter

my interview was april 22 they received required document (permission letter from my childs bio father)on april 26

but i still got our passports

oh imso worried gonna take so long

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.