WAITING and waiting

176 posts in this topic

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I noticed that in K1 filing it is easier to get an interview than CR1 filing..am I just one noticing it or...who else might?

k1 is a faster visa to get. Has always been like that! Does it make sense, prob not,lol Always a good discussion (argument) over that,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

I noticed that in K1 filing it is easier to get an interview than CR1 filing..am I just one noticing it or...who else might?

I don't know. We don't really have a tracking thread for K1 visas in Canada - from the little I read about them here it seems they are waiting about the same time for an interview as CR1/IR1s

Sorry to hear about the delay you are having taurus!

I don't know. We don't really have a tracking thread for K1 visas in Canada - from the little I read about them here it seems they are waiting about the same time for an interview as CR1/IR1s

Sorry to hear about the delay you are having taurus!

thanks for the sympathy as I also do feel with Lenie7 and the rest of the members,waiting for a snails-paced interview scheduling( maybe a snail is faster :-)

I just sent Montreal another follow-up again, we'll see how it goes....cross fingers and toes.

Timeline

k1 is a faster visa to get. Has always been like that! Does it make sense, prob not,lol Always a good discussion (argument) over that,lol

Hi Everyone,

Lenie and I were totally wrong thinking it was just the two of us left. I hope all of us get our visas soon so we can move on with our lives! I wish I had known about visajourney before my interview as I had all the documents that they would want, but the list they had asked for is only what I had taken. I wish they would be more specific in their requests! My husband has made me promise that I wont bug DOS or Montreal for about a week now because hes afraid I'm going to piss them off and make things matter worse. I'm sooo tempted though, but I guess a promise is a promise!

Tauruslady, I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. You actually went the extra mile to make sure everything was set so you wouldnt have to go through what some of us are regarding sending in additional documents, and now the issue for you is getting a date. I guess when it comes to Montreal there is ALWAYS an issue. I hope you get your date soon and you should demand to have your visa the next day when you do!

Mast3- so does that mean that they haven't even opened up your mail yet? Thats just ridiculous! According to the email I got back from them they said they are processing (opening up the mail) that was received mid-march and you were EARLY mid-march. I hope you hear back soon.

Flames- I actually did email montreal about my surgery, but no response yet. Also, i'm afraid if I send in more documents that might just delay everything even more so im hoping they will read the email and contact me if they need more info instead of me just sending it and them just getting another excuse to delay the processing because of this EXTRA document.

Finally, thank you everyone for all the support. It is really hard for all of us, but we will all get through it...probably will be a little insane by the end of it...but we will get through...

Timeline

Sorry you're still waiting for another interview date...I think getting the interview was the longest part of the whole process (it took 5 months!). I am sure that you will get a new date soon, since it's been around the 4 month mark for you.

Timeline

Cowgirl, you're right that we'll all get through it and get approved. Some days are worse than others in dealing with the delay, but hopefully soon those of us waiting will find out something and be able to relax and not stress anymore. It does help to have the support of this forum and know that other people can empathize with us. VJ is a great forum with a lot of great people on it - I'm so glad I found it because it's helped so much!

Good luck to everyone!

Hi Everyone,

Lenie and I were totally wrong thinking it was just the two of us left. I hope all of us get our visas soon so we can move on with our lives! I wish I had known about visajourney before my interview as I had all the documents that they would want, but the list they had asked for is only what I had taken. I wish they would be more specific in their requests! My husband has made me promise that I wont bug DOS or Montreal for about a week now because hes afraid I'm going to piss them off and make things matter worse. I'm sooo tempted though, but I guess a promise is a promise!

Tauruslady, I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. You actually went the extra mile to make sure everything was set so you wouldnt have to go through what some of us are regarding sending in additional documents, and now the issue for you is getting a date. I guess when it comes to Montreal there is ALWAYS an issue. I hope you get your date soon and you should demand to have your visa the next day when you do!

Mast3- so does that mean that they haven't even opened up your mail yet? Thats just ridiculous! According to the email I got back from them they said they are processing (opening up the mail) that was received mid-march and you were EARLY mid-march. I hope you hear back soon.

Flames- I actually did email montreal about my surgery, but no response yet. Also, i'm afraid if I send in more documents that might just delay everything even more so im hoping they will read the email and contact me if they need more info instead of me just sending it and them just getting another excuse to delay the processing because of this EXTRA document.

Finally, thank you everyone for all the support. It is really hard for all of us, but we will all get through it...probably will be a little insane by the end of it...but we will get through...

Cowgirl, you're right that we'll all get through it and get approved. Some days are worse than others in dealing with the delay, but hopefully soon those of us waiting will find out something and be able to relax and not stress anymore. It does help to have the support of this forum and know that other people can empathize with us. VJ is a great forum with a lot of great people on it - I'm so glad I found it because it's helped so much!

Good luck to everyone!

Amen To you Lenie7 and cowgirl2..and to others whom I failed to name who are also in a Long Line up with me.

Let's update each other and hopeful our Ordeal will end soon...

Timeline

I just got off the phone with DOS and they said that they have approved the visa to be issued! :dance: I still kind of can't believe it and will probably feel a little uneasy until it actually arrives. Today was exactly 7 weeks after they received our additional info and this past Tuesday, my congresswoman contacted them, which probably helped.

I'm sure they're coming soon for those of you still waiting!

I sent an email to Montreal and called DOS, still negative.

I just got off the phone with DOS and they said that they have approved the visa to be issued! :dance: I still kind of can't believe it and will probably feel a little uneasy until it actually arrives. Today was exactly 7 weeks after they received our additional info and this past Tuesday, my congresswoman contacted them, which probably helped.

Grats, Lenie7!

Married: 01/02/09

I-130 filed: 11/06/09

NOA1: 11/13/09

NOA2: 02/11/10

NVC received: 02/18/10

Case complete @ NVC: 04/14/10

Interview @ Montreal: 07/13/10 - Approved

POE: Sweetgrass, MT, 08/07/10

Filed for ROC: 07/20/12

Biometrics appt: 08/24/12

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Great news! Congratulations. :dance:

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.